• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nizz

corkscrewblow said:
Making the jump from 1 sens to 2 seems like the most painful thing in the world. I wish there was something in between 1 and 2 because the gap seems so huge.
Really? 2 feels kind of slow to me. I play at 3 right now. Try 2 for a bit, it's not that bad.

kaizoku said:
We tend to like what we're good at and hate what we're struggling with. for the most part I come out on top with this game so I enjoy it, on days where I'm losing it pisses me off and I moan.

The truest statement in this whole thread probably. The 1887s primarily bother me because of the title of the game. The knife because I like to play a mid-long range game.

shermas

why all the hate for derail? i like that map. i'm so f'ing tired of scrapyard and afgan, i hope i never play them again.

for my 3rd prestige, i'm trying to leave myself really close to some of the 10,000 xp prestige awards (kills with the m4, for example) so i can get them quickly and level up in a hurry when i start out again. it should work, right?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
kaizoku said:
why hate certain maps?

I hate Favela cos I get raped on there more often than not, I'm not a CQC type player so I often get annihilated. But when I'm on form with a shotgun I find myself quite enjoying it.

We tend to like what we're good at and hate what we're struggling with. for the most part I come out on top with this game so I enjoy it, on days where I'm losing it pisses me off and I moan.

I cant imagine all these moaners being high scorers on this game. You cant go from killing loads of people to "fuck this broken piece of shit" simply because its the kind of game where if you're doing well it feels amazing.

No doubt there's some truth to this, but sometimes maps are just disliked because they genuinely aren't fun to play on, simple as that.

I mean, look, I'm pretty average at the game, nothing special. I'll man up and admit that. Even on maps I like and get waxed on though, I still have a good time - because they were fun to play on. When I lose, I don't get mad, I just realize I need to play more and step up my game. But Derail, for example, wasn't fun for me even when I would be doing alright. All of my friends back out of the game whenever it comes up now too, we all hate it. It's just a shit map, dude.

whitehawk

Banned
shermas said:
why all the hate for derail? i like that map. i'm so f'ing tired of scrapyard and afgan, i hope i never play them again.

for my 3rd prestige, i'm trying to leave myself really close to some of the 10,000 xp prestige awards (kills with the m4, for example) so i can get them quickly and level up in a hurry when i start out again. it should work, right?
Odd, scrapyard is easily my favourite map. Got a 27 killstreak there :D

I also hate Derail, it feels poorly designed. We really need a map pack already, for people that have sunk days into this game these maps are getting somewhat stale. I hate that the 360 has a 30 day exclusivity, what does that accomplish exactly? Does microsoft think that all of my friends are going to buy a copy on the 360 so they can get the DLC early?

whitehawk

Banned
Terrordactyl said:
I also hate Derail, it feels poorly designed. We really need a map pack already, for people that have sunk days into this game these maps are getting somewhat stale. I hate that the 360 has a 30 day exclusivity, what does that accomplish exactly? Does microsoft think that all of my friends are going to buy a copy on the 360 so they can get the DLC early?
No but maybe if someone has both systems, they would have chose the 360 version earlier on.

Meier

Terrordactyl said:
I would honestly imagine that yes, many would buy an extra copy on 360 if they were PS3 gamers. I am dying for a map pack.. can't believe we'll end up needing to wait till March right? ugh..seems so far away!

Terrordactyl said:

Link to where they said it was 30 days?

Derail is a strange map. I commonly get my ass handed to me for most of the match and randomly pull out a 10+ killstreak in the last couple of minutes.

Sora_N

Just started online 2-3 days ago, the story mode didn't do it for me at all (just wanted to get used to controls, etc).

Having fun even though I'm quite horrible. :lol

Strider2K99 said:
106g8ja.jpg

:lol

Saved.

I don't think I've EVER hated a map as much as I hate Estate. Who's fucking bright idea was it for one team to spawn at the top of a fucking HILL? I got a six kill streak on ground war picking off all the others trying to hightail it up to the cabin.

NYR

Care package glitch is rampant in ground war. 90% of games I played today had someone using it.

And god forbid you call the guy out - the team that gained kills as a result of jacking care packages will rip your head off during the lobby chat...

NYR said:
Care package glitch is rampant in ground war. 90% of games I played today had someone using it.

And god forbid you call the guy out - the team that gained kills as a result of jacking care packages will rip your head off during the lobby chat...
Yeah I've had to take a break from this game because of that. It's so annoying.

TacticalFox88 said:
20 days.....Jesus Christ dude do you play in your sleep?
I have two brothers who are way better than me also playing the game.

We've actually been playing a lot less. We've dropped over 1000 spots on the leaderboards since my last screen shot, and that screen shot was after we had dropped 500 spots. We'll never get up to 1883 again. =(

Oh well.

Mileena

Banned
Just had my second 100+ kill game. 113-13 with silenced ACR in hardcore headquarters. When all was said and done... 39k exp :lol

shermas

sorry if i missed it earlier in the thread... has anyone said what, exactly, you get at the 10th prestige? isn't supposed to be something that 'changes the way you play the game?'

shermas said:
sorry if i missed it earlier in the thread... has anyone said what, exactly, you get at the 10th prestige? isn't supposed to be something that 'changes the way you play the game?'

Doubtful. You get a skull emblem and title thats about it I think.

OldJadedGamer said:
Link to where they said it was 30 days?

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/01/20/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-dlc-gets-30-day-head-start/

I would have probably bought the 360 one but I hate wires and using the battery pack causes my palms to cramp pretty bad. More importantly my friends on 360 only play a handful of games and for some reason the majority of them like Gears 2 over CoD. I have a much closer knit group of friends on PS3 that I play very frequently with, so unless I could convince all 3 of them to buy 360's and the game, and live, and the map pack, then its pretty much a no go for me. I have a couple friends that double dipped on CoD, incedientally both of them hardly play the game on either console, I just can't see how this is an advantage for microsoft. It really boils down to who you play the game with and if those people aren't on 360 why wouldn't I wait 30 days for it?

@prestige 10 talk above; I think you are refering to a quote from Bowling, where he said prestiging in general "changes" the game. It does with the challenges, that and exclusive emblems/titles to prestige, I am pretty sure this is what he meant, you could always tweet at him to find out exactly what he was referring to. AFAIK prestige 10 nets you a fancy ass'd emblem that is the rotating skull and is very shiny.

CSB you are a sick motherfucker, I showed one of my friends your stats last night and actually got into an argument because he thought they were hacked, despite me telling him I've seen your stats grow from 0 and monitored them on a regular basis. He replied with "there are ways" I just facepalmed and shut up about it.

Mileena

Banned

Yea I've gotten asked if my stats were legit by a bunch of 10th prestigers after I went 20-1 in Search. Funny thing is, after that 100 kill game earlier someone sent me a message that said "r u a gurl"

corkscrewblow said:

Yea I've gotten asked if my stats were legit by a bunch of 10th prestigers after I went 20-1 in Search. Funny thing is, after that 100 kill game earlier someone sent me a message that said "r u a gurl"

I got a similar message on PS3 after I went 53-2 in domination on Estate one time. I was going in and out of the cabin and going through the greenhouse making rounds guarding A.

Anyways, the message said I must be a girl because "no guy can't hide that good." :lol

Sealda

Banned
lionelhutz said:
WOW = monthly fee

MW2 = $60 one time

Changes cost money and time. I'll take less than perfect over a monthly fee. Can we think about these things before posting?

WoW was a bad example and i did not mean that we would get patching at the same scale as WoW but at-least in the same manner. Many many other games this generation has way better updating than MW2. I am not demanding 3 pages long patch notes, but at-least some small tweak that does not have to do with glitches. Just to show that they can actually do it and cares.

With the amount of time i put in this game i would not be disgusted by the idea of paying a small monthly fee to indeed get the exact same treatment as WoW. But then i am one of those that play this game very much, having 25 days at COD4.

I like the idea of the game evolving post-release.

moojito

A word on the single player campaign!

I've only gotten up to the 3rd level or so of the single player mode of this - just got past the bit where you're running through
the Favela
. That bit at the end where your team mate dives through the window to catch the guy running away was awesome. The way the radio chatter makes it seem as if you ran round the corner at exactly the right moment to see that was excellently done. Call of duty games have always offered the best on-rails experience and this (so far) seems no different.

Mileena

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
Holy shit! Any tips for that game type?
Thumper secondary, abuse the shit out of it. Works wonders for clearing the headquarters and each shot is almost a guaranteed 1-2 kills or more.

So has the goddamn PAL version been fixed yet? Can't be arsed to check it myself just to get angry again

edit: yeah, it is. Almost got my second nuke too but someone blew up the last bomb. FUCK

Garjon

Scarecrow said:
Is there any benefit to using that first sniper rifle? It seems like it'd be at a disadvantage due to its low firing speed.
Stopping power is a must, but if you hit, I think it's a one hit kill on the lower torso, unlike the next two snipers (I've yet to use the last one, but the WA2000 is so fantastic that you might as well use that)

wud

Neo Member
Scarecrow said:
Is there any benefit to using that first sniper rifle? It seems like it'd be at a disadvantage due to its low firing speed.

One hit kill anywhere apart from hands and feet with stopping power, the extra bit of accuracy also means that you will get alot more kills and less hitmarkers than the barrett.

I personally use the barrett for thermal sniping duties and the intervention with FMJs for normal play

wud

Neo Member
Frillen said:
I've played for like 2d20h since the game came out and that feels like a lot :lol :lol

I've played for over 6 days...I got the game less than 2 months ago

my university holidays are faaaar too long

Xux

Decided to hold off on getting all of the silver titles; the Vector and the FAL are guns I don't seem to do well with.

Also, my play style seems to have switched on me again; bad at SMG running but not too terrible at sniping now. Could be the guns, even though I'm getting used to the P90 over the MP5k. The Barrett, though, just seems better than the Intervention since I'm almost 100% hard scoping with random bursts of speed randomly.

Close to getting the FAMAS emblem now. After that, I'll just to the M16A4 until I get to 60 and go for my second emblem.

I don't even use these titles but I still want them. :/

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Xux said:
Decided to hold off on getting all of the silver titles; the Vector and the FAL are guns I don't seem to do well with.

Also, my play style seems to have switched on me again; bad at SMG running but not too terrible at sniping now. Could be the guns, even though I'm getting used to the P90 over the MP5k. The Barrett, though, just seems better than the Intervention since I'm almost 100% hard scoping with random bursts of speed randomly.

Close to getting the FAMAS emblem now. After that, I'll just to the M16A4 until I get to 60 and go for my second emblem.

I don't even use these titles but I still want them. :/

I'm closing fast on my first level 70 now and am curious about how the whole thing works.

I'm close to clearing all challenges for the M16A4 and was wondering if I should try to clear them before prestiging, considering I'm so close - or is it pointless to complete all challenges before prestiging once?

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I'm still having enough random spurts of inspired gameplay to keep me coming back to MW2 from time to time, but the rampant glitch exploitations and gimmicky tactics only seem to be getting worse as time goes on.

aku:jiki

What the fuck! I mean come ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Now there's a thread on the IW forums saying that there's a new NEW way of CP glitching that involves a special grenade and Scavenger and it still works after 1.08. :(

Lionheart1827 said:
They also need to make some improvements like putting your non trigger hand in your first person view if you get flashed or stunned and/or inability to look down sights if youre flashed or stunned.

That's a really really good idea. Right now stuns and flashes are just going to get you killed 90% of the time. Might as well put up a giant "look over here, I'm coming" sign up instead of using them. Couple that with the uselessness of frags in terms of damage and quantity and you got yourself a recipe for an obsolete tactic. I should have just noob tubed the wall that you threw the flash at, because if an enemy isn't 4 feet from where the flash explodes then it's not going to do the trick, anyway.
I found flashes are even more useless against enemies that are peaking behind cover (ala camping in good spots). I've had flashes pop right in front of me and it barely does anything. The guy comes out thinking he got me cause he knows exactly where I am....nope. Pew Pew. Try again. Next time try a braindead no-skill tactic that works in this game.

Top Bottom