• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

eek5

Strider2K99 said:
That chart is missing % of EMP drop.
fixed_cp_drop.jpg

here you go; doesn't change much

ultim8p00 said:
This game would be so much better if killstreaks were taken out entirely, or at least if your killstreal ended when you died. I cannot even play online anymore. It's like harrier, sentrygun,chopper gunner,pavelow,AC130 all the fucking time. Every single fucking game I couldn't even step outside without something killing me. Decided to put on cold-bloded, but I kept on getting killed by AC130s and predators that were trying to hit other guys. Ugh. Hate this stupid game. I'm so close to selling this broken glitch infested piece of shit.

Don't get rid of them all, just limit them like they did in COD4 so when they come out you know you they mean business.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
ultim8p00 said:
This game would be so much better if killstreaks were taken out entirely, or at least if your killstreal ended when you died. I cannot even play online anymore. It's like harrier, sentrygun,chopper gunner,pavelow,AC130 all the fucking time. Every single fucking game I couldn't even step outside without something killing me. Decided to put on cold-bloded, but I kept on getting killed by AC130s and predators that were trying to hit other guys. Ugh. Hate this stupid game. I'm so close to selling this broken glitch infested piece of shit.

so why is it not like this for me? its only wave after wave of killstreaks when someone is doing the care package cheat (in which case yo bail out or you hunt em down and file a complaint), or if your team is getting completely whupped, in which case surely you only have you and your team mates to blame for being so inept?

honestly this kind of whining is ridiculous now. wah wah killstreaks just exploded all in my face and this guy kills me over and over again! IW is fucking stupid!

are you guys for realsies? sometimes when someone does well they deserve a reward, when you do badly, you deserve to get annihilated. you think IW is gonna protect you somehow?

why dont you try adjusting your play style and see if that has any effect. if a killstreak is in the air, use cold blooded pro and avoid standing next to team mates, go to the edge of the map, go indoors, hide under a tree, look which way the killstreak is facing and go on the other side of a building, hide in a narrow alley which makes the angle real narrow for the thing to get you. or stop being a douche and equip a stinger to take em down in 5 seconds!!!

MW2 was less broken than gears of war 2 from day one, and the fixes make it even less so. gears 2 even after all their fixes is just flat out broken, not just from a glitch and bug perspective but from a fundamental game design perspective. and that can never be fixed.

honestly I can play all day and have a blast, you guys must be doing something wrong.

or maybe americans are happier to glitch than the europeans so there's more chance of you guys running into them?

Sealda

Banned
I have a question.

Do the kill streak prestige challenges reset when you prestige?

I am working on Spectre (have 700 of 1000 AC130 kills)for this bad boy
Cross.gif

I have held off from going prestige again because i am scared that challenge will reset. I know the guns prestige challenge do not reset.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Sealda said:
I have a question.

Do the kill streak prestige challenges reset when you prestige?

I am working on Spectre (have 700 of 1000 AC130 kills)for this bad boy
Cross.gif

I have held off from going prestige again because i am scared that challenge will reset. I know the guns prestige challenge do not reset.

Took me a prestige and a half to get that symbol. It has yet to leave my Emblem category.

Weird thing is that I have played like 6 and a half days of online and I have yet to see a glitcher. Sure, I have seen a shitload of 1887 etc. abusers but I haven't seen anyone using elevator glitches, CP glitches or even rock glitches.

Sealda

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Took me a prestige and a half to get that symbol. It has yet to leave my Emblem category.

I know that once you get it, it stays with you. But are you sure the challenge was not reset when you prestige d?

Xux

PetriP-TNT said:
Weird thing is that I have played like 6 and a half days of online and I have yet to see a glitcher. Sure, I have seen a shitload of 1887 etc. abusers but I haven't seen anyone using elevator glitches, CP glitches or even rock glitches.

I've seen it a couple times tonight. Kinda funny when the other team does it towards the end of the match and they lose anyway.

Sealda said:
I know that once you get it, it stays with you. But are you sure the challenge was not reset when you prestige d?

The only glowy green challenges that reset are the last six or so Veteran challenges in the Prestige challenge section; the killstreak challenges keep going.

my fucking god IW just take matchmaking code from WaW and paste it into your fucking game already. does anyone there even give a shit that the matchmaking is essentially useless for most non-americans? i shouldn't have to spend half an hour rounding friends and friends of friends just to get into a green game. even when i do find a game the host migration kicks in and fucks up the game. i really enjoy this game when it's not a laggy mess but that's so fucking rare. fix this bullshit please. this is more important than fixing any of the exploits so far because i can't even get into a game worth playing.

game game game

kevm3

I think I'm going to take this game back and trade it in. I haven't played it in weeks, nor do I feel compelled to put in the disc. The only question is what I should get in its stead... Hmm

.nimrod

Neverender said:
my fucking god IW just take matchmaking code from WaW and paste it into your fucking game already. does anyone there even give a shit that the matchmaking is essentially useless for most non-americans? i shouldn't have to spend half an hour rounding friends and friends of friends just to get into a green game. even when i do find a game the host migration kicks in and fucks up the game. i really enjoy this game when it's not a laggy mess but that's so fucking rare. fix this bullshit please. this is more important than fixing any of the exploits so far because i can't even get into a game worth playing.

game game game

yeah, in europe the lag is awful even though it says i got 4 green bars. in most killcams i don't fire a single shot. i mostly don't even get hitmarkers despite being on target, makes those bladerunners a pain in the ass.

last night i was standing 2m behind some guy, scoped in with my intervention, held my breath, fired two shots in his back and didn't get a single hitmarker. he turned aroung and knifed me :(

wud

Neo Member
Hanmik said:
Is the game freezing for you after the patch on the PS3..?

nah no freezes, but i think the lag is getting worse

pumped a shitload of stopping power bullets from a SCAR into someone, they then fire what looks like 2 M4 bullets into me on their killcam

Sealda

Banned
For you who complains about MW2, you should revisit COD4. It is absolutely horrendous. Its like the host has god mode enabled. Also its 90 % sure that a 3 bar will get killed by a 4 bar no matter what. In MW2 sometimes it can lag, but in COD4 its more a law that it will lag if you do not have 4 bar. Also, COD4 is way more relying on fire fight duals, where lag is even more devastating. I do not know how WatW was since i did not play it more than 2 weeks, is Treyarchs net code better?

.nimrod

Sealda said:
For you who complains about MW2, you should revisit COD4. It is absolutely horrendous. Its like the host has god mode enabled. Also its 90 % sure that a 3 bar will get killed by a 4 bar no matter what. In MW2 sometimes it can lag, but in COD4 its more a law that it will lag if you do not have 4 bar. Also, COD4 is way more relying on fire fight duals, where lag is even more devastating. I do not know how WatW was since i did not play it more than 2 weeks, is Treyarchs net code better?

i did revisit cod4, in fact, i'm playing it right now.
and even if it lags, at least my shots hit my targets.

it's also way more fun, less bullshit deaths and better maps.

wud

Neo Member
Sealda said:

YES

play W@W, its quality

ultim8p00 said:

I felt exactly like that 3 days after the game came out.

Sealda said:

COD4 shits all over this game. Your lag rant is funny.

Update: Same thing this morning. I can't even access the MP menu very long before it freezes up on me. I'm not to the point like some where I'm going to sell the game though because I want to fucking play it. I really don't feel the least bit bad about buying this game used now though.

kaizoku

I'm in the UK and I have no problem finding games within seconds. :lol maybe I'm in some weird wonderland where everything works ok. Sure I get the occasional death where I'm sure I should've killed him, but its not common enough to be that annoying and it never leaves me feeling powerless.

Just played for 3 hours, no glitchers, no connection problems, my only problem is I prestiged and I kinda regret it :lol missing all my perks and the game just isn't as fun when you start out. Feel very limited with what I can do and none of the starting options really suit my favourite playstyle.

Still I equipped the default recon class and tactical knifed shitloads of people, it feels like a bit of a douche move but man, the feeling of running really fast is so addictive, and running behind the enemy lines and taking out a bunch of them is so satisfying. Its annoying for the victim, but you gotta remember that sometimes it takes a fair bit of work and luck for someone to run behind your team like that.

I'm level 11 prestige now, tips on fastest way to level up?

kaizoku

Choke on the Magic said:
Update: Same thing this morning. I can't even access the MP menu very long before it freezes up on me. I'm not to the point like some where I'm going to sell the game though because I want to fucking play it. I really don't feel the least bit bad about buying this game used now though.

Is this the PS3 PAL patch?

that totally sucks. now THAT is something to blame IW for, disgraceful.

can you erase the game data without erasing your save game and play an unpatched version? probably wont even let you huh?

has IW responded to the crashes or have they gone home for the weekend?? did they seriously release a patch on a Friday?

.nimrod

kaizoku said:
I'm in the UK and I have no problem finding games within seconds. :lol [...]

i'm in germany and it does find games quickly, but it finds the wrong games. it wasn't like this when it first came out, and when i was host i really had an advantage.
if i'm host now, the framerate goes down immensely which makes it really hard to aim at times.

i'm playing the ps3 version btw.

the worst thing is when i'm playing in a party with some friends that live near me (10-20km) and one of us is host, then it's awfully laggy for the rest of us. it doesn't happen in private matches and it almost seems as if the game has some artificial lag for those with a better ping.
it's really awkward.

the game is awesome and fun when i've got a good ping, but that's pretty rare now :/

I'm tempted to boycott this thread at this point, as it's turned into a bunch of crybaby, butthurt children whining about the fact that the game IW produced was not the savior of the world that they expected. Bitching about getting killed by killstreaks? Seriously? It's a different game - learn to adapt or GTFO. And all this crying about netcode - your rose colored glasses are clearly blinding you to the reality of what playing CoD4 was really like. I'll grant the complaints about care package glitching, but I'm sick of this thread turning into a bitch-fest.

There are only two things seriously wrong with this game: CP glitching and OMA-tubing. Sure, some of the maps aren't great, and some of the weapon and killstreak balance is a little wonky, but the overall game is excellent. Maybe your mom bends over backwards to make you happy every time you cry about something, but to expect the same from a video game developer simply makes you look like a spoiled child.

Ugh. Can we please quit with the incessant bitching now?

Choke on the Magic said:

The problem may be because you got the game used, check if there are any small scratches on the CD or whatever

Seanspeed

Banned
kaizoku said:
Still I equipped the default recon class and tactical knifed shitloads of people, it feels like a bit of a douche move
Its a valid tactic, if you ask me. You've gotta make compromises with the perk selections and whatnot to do this, so all's fair.

People that complain about getting killed by these 'knife freaks'(as my friend calls them) are just pouty, sore losers. Watch your back more often! Especially if you've got no teammates behind ya.

Ovid

fps fanatic said:
Not getting the PS3 fixed? Weird that yours and mine went almost the same time. I think mine went a couple of days before you. I managed to get MW2 out of the disc drive...
Not anytime soon.

I don't know whether I should try and fix it myself or send it to Sony. I figure during this time I would get some use out of my 360 (I bought it in November). I barely use it.

Did u have the 60GB SKU?

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm tempted to boycott this thread at this point, as it's turned into a bunch of crybaby, butthurt children whining about the fact that the game IW produced was not the savior of the world that they expected. Bitching about getting killed by killstreaks? Seriously? It's a different game - learn to adapt or GTFO. And all this crying about netcode - your rose colored glasses are clearly blinding you to the reality of what playing CoD4 was really like. I'll grant the complaints about care package glitching, but I'm sick of this thread turning into a bitch-fest.

There are only two things seriously wrong with this game: CP glitching and OMA-tubing. Sure, some of the maps aren't great, and some of the weapon and killstreak balance is a little wonky, but the overall game is excellent. Maybe your mom bends over backwards to make you happy every time you cry about something, but to expect the same from a video game developer simply makes you look like a spoiled child.

I agree but the bitching about the CP glitch is perfectly valid. A poster on the IW forums states he has found 5 different ways to do the CP glitch and IW has only patched two of them so far.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a couple of more patches to finally get rid of the CP glitching.

Ovid

Went back to COD4 plenty of times since purchasing MW2. COD4 is just fun. No stupid killstreak reward hunting. Even when I'm just fucking around it's fun. This game is just frustrating at times. Don't get me wrong I love it but..ugh...sometimes I feel like firing a controller through my television screen.

divisionbyzorro said:

this game brings out the worst in people. Just the other day I was surveyin the campus for rule breakers (i'm an RA) and I heard some guy saying "Stupid n**** fuck ahhhh i hate you f*****" from outside the building. went inside and turns out his roomate said he gets a little worked up playing COD. -_-

Jangocube

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
There are only two things seriously wrong with this game: CP glitching and OMA-tubing. Sure, some of the maps aren't great, and some of the weapon and killstreak balance is a little wonky, but the overall game is excellent.

I think Commando's lunge needs to be toned down a bit as well, but I agree otherwise. I only say that about Commando because I've been knifed from guys around corners, from 10 feet away, just weird stuff. I know it's probably lag, but if I have 4 bars, it still shouldn't happen.

That said, I'm enjoying the game. It's a lot of fun and I think the killstreaks are awesome. The only time I don't like them is when someone camps to get them, but otherwise I think if you got that many kills, you deserve to get to rain down some chaos.

The order of the killstreaks needs a little tweaking though imo. But they are otherwise great and are easily counterable/avoidable.

Rktk

Scarecrow said:
Is there any benefit to using that first sniper rifle? It seems like it'd be at a disadvantage due to its low firing speed.
I use it without stopping power, its lower rate of fire means I pick my shots and do things in less of a panic. Even without stopping power a hit to the upper torso or head is a one-shot-kill. It's the best sniper rifle as far as I'm concerned.

Sealda

Banned
IcebergSlim3000 said:
I felt exactly like that 3 days after the game came out.

COD4 shits all over this game. Your lag rant is funny.

Of course it does. I hold it as my favorite game this generation. 25 days played like i said earlier. BUT the net code is worse than MW2. It was probably worse now also since its hard to find matches and i often end up meeting american players.

For some reason its almost impossible to get into TT games, for some reason people always leave when the match is about to begin or when the lobby only has 3 players. (needs 4 to start the match) then at the same time the third guy leaves another one enters, and like that it keeps going.

slyght

Neo Member
Has anyone else experienced some kind of synchronization bug on wetwork coop?
I played it a dozen times with my friend on veteran and every second game it happens that on of us already has the "mission failed" screen whereas the other one can still play.
This even happened at the very ending such that my friend got 3 stars for completing and myself got mission failed. I mean.. wtf?

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, about 7 hours into the multiplayer thus far. I'm nowhere near even average yet, but I'm definitely learning. This game is so different from Unreal, at least in the level design, there's almost no guaranteed beachhead, always at least 2 entrances into an area. Having tons of fun though, level 16 now, once I unlocked killstreaks and started to learn the UAV and such it helped a great amount, going to have to shovel snow all day today so I won't get much more time, but it's definitely fun.

Although, I'll be damned if I'm not completely useless with a sniper rifle, guess it's also because there's a ton more movement than I'm used to.

Ovid

Tamanon said:
Although, I'll be damned if I'm not completely useless with a sniper rifle, guess it's also because there's a ton more movement than I'm used to.
I'm a terrible sniper too. I get so impatient waiting for a clear shot at a target.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:

this. 2nded entirely.

UnluckyKate said:
Playing right now. Solo is sooo boring. Should I go MP ?

I really don't know why you even botherd in the first place, I just hope you didn't have to pay much for it. The single player is shit and it never gets better, the MP I played a few rounds of and decided it sucked compared to cod4 and sold it. It wasn't a bad game, but it was not any fun either.

Hyunkel6

Terrordactyl said:
I really don't know why you even botherd in the first place, I just hope you didn't have to pay much for it. The single player is shit and it never gets better, the MP I played a few rounds of and decided it sucked compared to cod4 and sold it. It wasn't a bad game, but it was not any fun either.
But..but..Jack Bauer is in the game!

eek5 said:
http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/224_hlup9/fixed_cp_drop.jpg
here you go; doesn't change much
Okay, I don't quite get what your source is on this. You offered no explanation and just posted a chart you made in Excel.

kaizoku

knifing is definitely valid and harder than you'd think, sometimes you can try knifing and get nowhere. a lot of risk involved as well as you're basically dead if someone see's you head on.

its great how many times I managed to jump over someone's crouched shots or claymore and knife them in the head though :lol

Tamanon said:

I usually suck at sniping moving targets as well, but I have my moments on this game.

the key is being clever with your positioning more than anything. there's always people crouched or standing still to aim. if you stay low and don't fire you can traverse the map virtually unseen if you take the right routes. that way its not about finding a spot and waiting for someone to walk past you, you go to them and take them out from an unsuspecting position.

my best sniping moment was on wastelands, and I was just in the middle of a firefight by a clump of grass taking people out from the trenches while my team were behind me trying to rush in. I mustve been the only guy on both sides who didn't die, cos my team were being picked off from the safety of the trenches and I was taking out everyone in the trenches. The enemy simply couldnt see me depsite me being very close. After awhile the enemy threw smoke to block my shots, so I used the smoke for cover and moved to flank.

While my team mates were still rushing to their deaths from their spawn, I'd cleverly positioned myself at the end of the trench with the enemy all looking the other way, game winning headshot thank you very much.

JustHadToJoin said:
this game brings out the worst in people. Just the other day I was surveyin the campus for rule breakers (i'm an RA) and I heard some guy saying "Stupid n**** fuck ahhhh i hate you f*****" from outside the building. went inside and turns out his roomate said he gets a little worked up playing COD. -_-

"brings out the worst"? I would consider that a rather 'normal' reply to some games. For instance, joining a server with aimbots on it.

Kinda like the pennyarcade rule of the internet with UT2k4...

@topic: bitching is one thing, calling IW the worst developer [timescale] is completely off the mark. They ARE patching it after all and if Activision went full time evil, they would be told to not spend another minute on patching. It's likely that the gamedesign itself (and the tech used) is becoming known among the cheat-seeker crowd and is perhaps more prone than more recent engines to create these kind of runtime errors (even it isn't a real error from a code perspective).

Finding out what is exactly going on in these glitch sessions and how certain code leads to that result is not as easy as simply looking at what someone is doing and putting a block in front of it. Finding these errors is - at least, from what I know of it- the hardest part of the coding process, because the code will not give out any indication that something went wrong.

Something like Big Rigs still holds up as the worst developed game ever and IW certainly isn't the worst dev ever. I do think it is rather impressive that the game is able to maintain equipment, players and killstreaks on a p2p connection in a consistent manner across all connected players.

.nimrod said:
i did revisit cod4, in fact, i'm playing it right now.
and even if it lags, at least my shots hit my targets.

it's also way more fun, less bullshit deaths and better maps.

Me too... I revisited COD4 and forgot how solid the game is compared to MW2.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i thought they fixed private xp matches

after playin a game of tdm the game suddenly went into private match ffa and i was host :lol

Mileena

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
i thought they fixed private xp matches

after playin a game of tdm the game suddenly went into private match ffa and i was host :lol
:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

If true, you really fucking blew it this time IW.

Top Bottom