• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Ganhyun

aku:jiki said:
What the fuck! I mean come ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Now there's a thread on the IW forums saying that there's a new NEW way of CP glitching that involves a special grenade and Scavenger and it still works after 1.08. :(

I guess the CP glitching idiots wont let the fact that IW and the rest of us don't want them doing this stop them from finding ways to do it.

Mr. B Natural said:
That's a really really good idea. Right now stuns and flashes are just going to get you killed 90% of the time. Might as well put up a giant "look over here, I'm coming" sign up instead of using them. Couple that with the uselessness of frags in terms of damage and quantity and you got yourself a recipe for an obsolete tactic. I should have just noob tubed the wall that you threw the flash at, because if an enemy isn't 4 feet from where the flash explodes then it's not going to do the trick, anyway.
I found flashes are even more useless against enemies that are peaking behind cover (ala camping in good spots). I've had flashes pop right in front of me and it barely does anything. The guy comes out thinking he got me cause he knows exactly where I am....nope. Pew Pew. Try again. Next time try a braindead no-skill tactic that works in this game.

Yeah I've mentioned it a couple of times in this thread. The thing that pisses me off is that if you flash or stun somebody, you actually do see their arm go up in their face! Kinda stupid imo.

Ganhyun

what annoys me about that is the fact that even if u stun/flash them, and it does get them good, they can still blindfire kill u 90% of the time by pure luck because of the auto aim.

eek5

Now there's a thread on the IW forums saying that there's a new NEW way of CP glitching that involves a special grenade and Scavenger and it still works after 1.08. :(
It's confirmed to be working. You basically cook your CP, climb an object and cook your nade (supposedly works with equipment too) and while your equipment is cocked back you hit killstreak button and then throw your equipment then the CP. Pretty much a combination of the first glitch and second glitch to get around both patches. :lol

Ganhyun said:
what annoys me about that is the fact that even if u stun/flash them, and it does get them good, they can still blindfire kill u 90% of the time by pure luck because of the auto aim.
You're being too predictable. If a flash comes flying through a door on the north side of a room the person who gets flashed usually gets prone then sprays all their ammo at the door. Going through the door is asking for it.

I always stun/flash and flank or I'll flash and if I hear them spraying wildly I'll pause then go in for the kill while they are reloading.

lol.

Ganhyun

eek5 said:
You're being too predictable. If a flash comes flying through a door on the north side of a room the person who gets flashed usually gets prone then sprays all their ammo at the door. Going through the door is asking for it.

I always stun/flash and flank or I'll flash and if I hear them spraying wildly I'll pause then go in for the kill while they are reloading.

To be honest, its not always indoors where I flash/stun them. There were even times where teammates stunned then and I'd be coming in from the side and be the one killed. :lol

snap0212

Ganhyun said:
To be honest, its not always indoors where I flash/stun them. There were even times where teammates stunned then and I'd be coming in from the side and be the one killed. :lol
Run, lay down and shoot. They will never be able to kill you. :)

Wow, that didn't take long to find another glitch. There is already a youtube video up...

Anyways, I think it's best IW rethinks of replacing the care package at 4 but that might affect EAD as well.

I can't believe how fast it took to find another glitch. I don't know who to be mad at, IW or the no-lifer nerd or both.

Ganhyun said:

This is the only situation where I drop shot people.

Fugu

huacst21 said:
Wow, that didn't take long to find another glitch. There is already a youtube video up...

Anyways, I think it's best IW rethinks of replacing the care package at 4 but that might affect EAD as well.

I can't believe how fast it took to find another glitch. I don't know who to be mad at, IW or the no-lifer nerd or both.
I don't think it makes sense to get mad at someone who finds these things. They're just exposing knowledge to the public; people were going to find out without them, but now it's a level playing field.

jedimike

Scarecrow said:
Is there any benefit to using that first sniper rifle? It seems like it'd be at a disadvantage due to its low firing speed.

I use the .50 cal exclusively for my sniper. You'll get a lot more one hit kills with it so firing speed is kind of irrelevant. The ACOG on it completely SUCKS though. Getting 20 kills through the ACOG scope is taking me much longer than it possibly should. I hate the scope so much, that I usually go my secondary.

Ovid

Back in the game guys. I picked up MW2 for my Xbox today after my PS3 died last week. Add me to your Xbox friends list: SuprstarGamer

Mileena

Banned
jedimike said:
I use the .50 cal exclusively for my sniper. You'll get a lot more one hit kills with it so firing speed is kind of irrelevant. The ACOG on it completely SUCKS though. Getting 20 kills through the ACOG scope is taking me much longer than it possibly should. I hate the scope so much, that I usually go my secondary.
ACOG Barrett is sick.

Lince said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGO-urp-OAY

hahaahah so new patch incoming? IW are a joke :lol

edit: and it seems so easy to do, the timing was a bit hard to get right in the first infinite care packages glitch but this one seems really a piece of cake. I wonder why the IW guys stopped posting over here...
Doesn't seem too bad, at least it's not as fast as the older glitch and you need to use up nades to pull it off, but yeah it's a joke and seems like it was seriously untested.

kuYuri

CozMick said:
Been playing all day on PS3 and not a single glitcher.

The people complaining, what platform you playing on?

That's because all the worst glitches have already been patched for you.

Diablohead said:
Doesn't seem too bad, at least it's not as fast as the older glitch and you need to use up nades to pull it off, but yeah it's a joke and seems like it was seriously untested.

I don't understand why IW didn't insert some hook into the code as a backup mechanism for the CP grenade glitch. Obviously I don't know how they implemented the killstreak queue, but from what I see, the issue arises because the bonus isn't taken out of the queue when you pull out the marker, but rather when you throw it. I don't see how it would be so hard to insert something special into the marker code to prevent this from ever being able to happen; my only guess is that that particular module is in the same library as other key code, and replacing it at this point would either be too large of a download (likely not) or too risky in terms of security and/or certification (more likely).

DRE Fei

Like I said earlier, this shit is like:

groundhog_day.jpg

eek5

Diablohead said:
No tricky timing means everyone can do it and with one man army you can do it infinitely without dying.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I was really sad and played the game loads today, went from high 68 to midway through rank 70. Like I said I seem to speed through these ranks.

But I only ran into care package glitchers once. I managed to track them down this time and spy on them for abit before killing em, seriously nothing is more pathetic in the game than watching some guys cower in a super secluded part of the map, hiding behind walls then jumping onto them to do the glitch.

when the other team started doing it, some douche on my team started doing it. I filed complaints against them both.

one guy on my team was moaning into his mic about it, saying how people will abandon the game is people keep cheating like this. man had a point, why break the game if you want to keep playing it? fucking idiots.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the games. my play style keeps evolving, first FPS where I can actually feel accomplished at the game.

I guess people dont use the care package glitch in TDM because thats what I mostly play. I can see how it would be easier to do it in objective based games since the point isn't running around the map and hunting people down. I hardly ever see it in TDM. I played like 30 games today so far and I havent seen it once.

Ovid

OK, my impressions so far of the Xbox version is that I suck with these controls. Feels so weird when compared with the DualShock. Other than that the game is identical to the PS3 version.

Oh yeah, and the sound effects (guns, explosions) are a hell of lot better on the Xbox for some reason.

Ramirez said:
How do people even find these glitches? Like seriously, get a life.

wild guess here, but people how either are beta testers at work or should have been? :p

Not that is so exceptional though. Every major shooters has had people looking for cheats/ glitches, so it's not new by any means. When I first started playing WaW, I was greated by someone under the map and saw that every game that followed. Even to the point where I could start a game, go the glitching ground and camp there. It sucked, so I quit and never came back.

In comparison, being able to get a killstreak that can be shot down or avoided (and that you would have to deal with anyway, as anyone with a CP can get an AC130...) is not that big a deal. Killstreaks tend to make up a lot of matches anyway.

The real issue is how quickly you can get one, even if that comes at the heavy price of revealing your position and having to wait for the package, which may still be useless ammo. This even works in hardcore btw, as the map will show the CP upon drop, which means if you hear one being called in, you can point your airstrike to the CP location and kill whomever called it in. It's like free radar for other people.

The other part is and remeans the awful map design, or more to the point: spawnlocations. Getting spawned on top of your dead body during an enemy AC130 run is not an exception to the rule in this game. I find the Killzone 2 spawning to be more balanced, at least until you get the classes that can set one and that balance goes out the window. But at least you can always spawn in a safe zone (with turrets) and most maps in KZ2 are big enough to support both base spawning and squad spawning. It all turns to shit with the 'assasination' mode though, since the target player can hide in the safe zone, which he shouldn't be able to.

Still, killstreaks themselves are all over the place too. Most of them are relatively harmless, like the airstrike, helicopter (what a turd), pave low (too slow) and emp (basically just hardcore, but with enemy radar). Sure, they float around and shit, but they don't make as many kills as those goddamn harriers. Which leads to the ridiculous chopper gunner or AC130. Why? Because getting a 5+ killstreak in this game is supposed to be very hard! Anyone can grenade spam, noobtube, snipe or whatever you from basically anywhere, so getting anything above 3 kills should be exceptional if your enemies are at your skilllevel. But because of the nuke, the idea is that somehow the 10+ streaks have to get you one of those. So nobody rolls with the precision airstrike, because the harriers are a whole lot better AND get you a free pass to a 10+ streak.

I know from CoD4 and 5 that having constant helicopters or dogs isn't any better, but the gap between the 10's and the nuke at 25 are what causes the killstreaks to become so annoying and be "harrier, harrier, harrier oh and wait for it: harrier incoming", with the occasional UAV-counter UAV in between (that would be me btw).

The care package is supposed to balance that additional gap between stronger and weaker players, but it doesn't count in performance to what it drops. A really good player may pull out two chopper gunners in one match, whereas his victims may wind up with nothing but ammo crates. Frankly, I don't think the CP works as it is.

tarius1210 said:
OK, my impressions so far of the Xbox version is that I suck with these controls. Feels so weird when compared with the DualShock. Other than that the game is identical to the PS3 version.

Oh yeah, and the sound effects (guns, explosions) are a hell of lot better on the Xbox for some reason.

I recently switched from the 360 version to the PS3 version and am having the same problem. I have come to loathe the DS3 sticks.

I did notice that PS3 players tend to play some of the maps completely differently. Especially Derail on Team DM. Maybe all the games I've been playing have been flukes, but I am constantly finding myself in places of the map I'd never been after 70+40 levels of playing on the 360.

LM4sure

Banned
lol, this game is beyond broken. hilarious. i'm taking advantage of the glitches though! woot. hate the game, not the gamer!!!!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I think MW2 is going to receive the most patches ever for a PS3/360 game. I think Gears 2 had 5 patches. We're already at three - soon to be four. Anyone think of a game that has received more patches in such a quick time?

RSTEIN said:
I think MW2 is going to receive the most patches ever for a PS3/360 game. I think Gears 2 had 5 patches. We're already at three - soon to be four. Anyone think of a game that has received more patches in such a quick time?

I think the PS3 version of MW2 had 4 or 5 in the first week outside of everything else. You're right, this may go down as the most patched game though.

Zinthar

huacst21 said:

Glitches and the insane running speed notwithstanding (which should all be patchable), I think the care package at 4 is a good idea -- it's usually only going to be used by players who aren't amazing at the game, because the great players will want to use killstreaks that can allow them to jump to their next killstreak.

Realistically, it's the only reliable way that a player of a lower skill level will ever get a chance to use the AC-130 or Chopper Gunner.

The chances that it will be a counter-UAV or worse are over 40% [Edited in lieu of the following post correcting this statistic], and the player may die in getting to it. It's a well-balanced killstreak IMO.

It's also about the only thing that makes hardline a compelling perk, since you can go 2-3-4 w/ it and play a little recklessly in attacking the other team while getting lots of UAV's for your team and care packages to use once you die/respawn.

Cruzader

Banned
I heard the new PS3 patch for MW2 breaks some PS3 games. Like it makes certain games crash..is this true to PS3 MW2 players??? I havent updated due to that.

Nizz

So depressing that week after week new glitches emerge. No sooner do certain glitches get patched, new ones or ways around old ones appear.

Nizz

tarius1210 said:
Back in the game guys. I picked up MW2 for my Xbox today after my PS3 died last week. Add me to your Xbox friends list: SuprstarGamer
Not getting the PS3 fixed? Weird that yours and mine went almost the same time. I think mine went a couple of days before you. I managed to get MW2 out of the disc drive...

Xux

kaizoku said:
I'm closing fast on my first level 70 now and am curious about how the whole thing works.

I'm close to clearing all challenges for the M16A4 and was wondering if I should try to clear them before prestiging, considering I'm so close - or is it pointless to complete all challenges before prestiging once?

Well, if you want the prestige titles you'll just be getting 500+ kills all over again which might be enough time to unlock all of the attachments. If you have, like, 20-30+ FMJ kills and don't think you'll need extended mags on that gun then you might wanna hold off.

NYR

Wow, IW is making the guy who posted that rant about being a software developer into a real martyr.

Fix your shit, IW. Worst. Developer. Ever.

NYR said:
Wow, IW is making the guy who posted that rant about being a software developer into a real martyr.

Fix your shit, IW. Worst. Developer. Ever.

Uggg. dont be an idiot...

Worst Ever?
Fuck off.

Edit: Nice Avatar. Best. Ever. IW.

Scarecrow

I just went through a few matches with the Intervention with the acog scope to get thermal. I kinda liked it with that scope. It made if feel like olde fasioned fightin'. It's funny how some of the best weapons aren't modern at all (knives, 1887s, bolt action rifles, sheilds).

ultim8p00

Banned
This game would be so much better if killstreaks were taken out entirely, or at least if your killstreal ended when you died. I cannot even play online anymore. It's like harrier, sentrygun,chopper gunner,pavelow,AC130 all the fucking time. Every single fucking game I couldn't even step outside without something killing me. Decided to put on cold-bloded, but I kept on getting killed by AC130s and predators that were trying to hit other guys. Ugh. Hate this stupid game. I'm so close to selling this broken glitch infested piece of shit.

Top Bottom