• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DeuceMojo said:
So on this prestige I thought I'd build up the PP2000 or whatever the default machine pistol is, and I've arrived at this: it sucks. So does the TMP. Both have I think like three clips, but when you burn through one for each enemy, there's no staying power to those things.

I might get someone to convince me that the Raffica is where it's at 'cause it's accurate, but for pure fast close range killin', the G18 cannot be beat.

M9 > any other secondary pistol/machine pistol

GordonGecko

Neo Member
Nelo Ice said:
highrise sucks when u only have one poin
also screw spawns in general since last night i swear 50% of my deaths came when the team would spawn right by me after i killed them
so many killcams where i see myself get a kill then the same guy spawns right by me and gets payback then i spawn on the other side of the map...
This was happening way too much to me last night. Very aggravating.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Mully said:
He had enough balls to even say "Damn what happened to you guys. Whenever I play with you guys you barely lose. What happened?" That was after he went 1-35 in TDM

I'm terrible and I've never gone 1-35. He must be fucking with you to go 1-35 on TDM and then talk shit.

Sealda

Banned
So i gave ground war a try. Wow, just wow. Talk about duck hunt. Went like 30-40 kills to 5 deaths 6 games in a row. Made AC130s every match and man compared to CTF where there are 5-10 seconds spawn timer this was orgasmic. I could kill 15 people with the 130 every time! In CTF you are lucky if you get like 5 kills with the AC130. And the harrier kills so sloooow!

I have 24 000 kills so it took me forever to go from 2.51 to 2.52. Just makes me think of my COD4 scores where i have a 1.31 kdr and it basically takes half a week of 2.0 kdr matches to raise it 1 point!

Meier

Man, I can't imagine having 24k kills and a 2.5 K/D. That's something else.

I'm around 12k now and am up to 1.3 but honestly, it's only moved about .15 in the last 7k kills or so even though I probably average 2.5/1 at least.

Sealda

Banned
A good watch tip is the youtube user Wings Of Redemption. He has uploaded like 50 videos for MW2. And he is not about showing off. He was probably the first legit Prestige 10 on the PS3. His videos average 15-30 000 viewers. If you wanna hear 10 minutes talk about a certain weapon, he got those kind of videos. If you wanna know how to get high kdr, he got those. If you wanna see him do this and that, he got all kinds of themes for his videos.

He is basically the smartest COD player on the internet. Every video is filled with so much "knowledge". I am often playing the game with having his video on in the background just listening to what he has to says.

Here is his newest video from today, very random but he goes through how to create a good kit. much of what he says is very true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giTKeXgBrHs

But he also does videos for Machinima where he basically do crazy stuff like dual nukes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgqToyr1rrQ

How to zerg rush with Mini Uzi
http://www.youtube.com/user/WingsofRedemption#p/u/5/kUXEqIDMMNQ

How to get large K/D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMGmV1sbwwA

This is like the closest one gets to serious analyzing of MW2.

Nizz

Sealda said:
A good watch tip is the youtube user Wings Of Redemption. He has uploaded like 50 videos for MW2. And he is not about showing off. He was probably the first legit Prestige 10 on the PS3. His videos average 15-30 000 viewers. If you wanna hear 10 minutes talk about a certain weapon, he got those kind of videos. If you wanna know how to get high kdr, he got those. If you wanna see him do this and that, he got all kinds of themes for his videos.

He is basically the smartest COD player on the internet. Every video is filled with so much "knowledge". I am often playing the game with having his video on in the background just listening to what he has to says.

Here is his newest video from today, very random but he goes through how to create a good kit. much of what he says is very true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giTKeXgBrHs

But he also does videos for Machinima where he basically do crazy stuff like dual nukes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgqToyr1rrQ

How to zerg rush with Mini Uzi
http://www.youtube.com/user/WingsofRedemption#p/u/5/kUXEqIDMMNQ

How to get large K/D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMGmV1sbwwA

This is like the closest one gets to serious analyzing of MW2.
Yeah, I've watched a couple of his videos. Did you watch the one he did with Hutch from Machinima in a friendly debate on camping playstyles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CWzYH_Lo4

moojito

I found that wingsofredemption, while entertaining, tended to talk about the guns a lot more than the game (ie who made it, what country it's from, bullet size etc). I found another player who does the same kind of video + commentary called nextgentactics (I don't think that's the player's name, but searching youtube for that will bring up his vids), and they seem really good. The guy seems a bit less... southern, as well.

For folk just starting out, you can search for "nextgentactics <map name>" and either "tactical" or "run and gun" to get two different approaches to playing a given map. I found it really useful.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
fps fanatic said:
Yeah, I've watched a couple of his videos. Did you watch the one he did with Hutch from Machinima in a friendly debate on camping playstyles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CWzYH_Lo4

that video in particular I'm not sure I even consider as camping. for me camping is just staying in one place and waiting for someone to come by, like a spider in a web. if you're traversing the map and trying to anticipate where guys will go, thats fine. if you're pushing the enemy back like he's doing in that video, thats a good thing.

camping is like staying in the caves in afghan in the shadows to catch someone unawares when they stumble in. you're not doing anything except hiding and waiting.

or people who stay in the house by C on skidrow and shoot through the hole. Gotta be one of the lamest ways to die, being shot by someone in there. I sometimes spend a few seconds in there and might get a kill but then I'm off again when the coast is clear.

or hiding at the bottom of that hill in quarry waiting for people to come down. its fine to do this in a supportive or defensive role, but some guys just hide out there like losers.

but like I said before, I pretty much hate everyone who kills me in this game! :lol

UFRA

LOL @ the Booster Justice videos.

That's great. Expose those douches.

I don't play FFA much, mostly HC SD, but we get our own style of boosters in that mode too.

The guys who have a friend on the same team sit and shoot them while they have a riot shield to get tons of points for deflecting bullets.

I love it when they're on my team, because I jump in front of them and the guy shooting dies since it's ricochet friendly fire. :lol :lol

If they're on the other team, I make it my entire mission to get over to them ASAP and ruin their boosting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
kaizoku said:
that video in particular I'm not sure I even consider as camping. for me camping is just staying in one place and waiting for someone to come by, like a spider in a web. if you're traversing the map and trying to anticipate where guys will go, thats fine. if you're pushing the enemy back like he's doing in that video, thats a good thing.

camping is like staying in the caves in afghan in the shadows to catch someone unawares when they stumble in. you're not doing anything except hiding and waiting.

or people who stay in the house by C on skidrow and shoot through the hole. Gotta be one of the lamest ways to die, being shot by someone in there. I sometimes spend a few seconds in there and might get a kill but then I'm off again when the coast is clear.

or hiding at the bottom of that hill in quarry waiting for people to come down. its fine to do this in a supportive or defensive role, but some guys just hide out there like losers.

but like I said before, I pretty much hate everyone who kills me in this game! :lol

Yeah, he doesn't strictly camp... that said, I do find his insistence on K/D annoying. I guess you can't really control how well you do in pub games, so the only real goal you can go for is K/D, but it really sucks to lose a match when you see someone with a high K/D in the round on your team.

Why bother playing Domination at that point? Just play TDM or FFA.

tsigo

DRE Fei said:

Hehe, this is my new hobby too. I play FFA the most, and I run into boosters all the time. I know all their stupid spots, and anytime I hear that Tactical Insertion sound I get excited. Once the match is over or they leave, I'll send negative feedback on their profile (Unsporting Conduct) so I can track them easily through recent players, and then I'll pretty much stalk them and join an open game they're in whenever I can.

I followed one of them into a Domination game and he was boosting there too. Pretty ballsy. I took care of that, and even got the Friends with Benefits challenge out of it.

I've just found my new favourite gun... the TAR-21.

It's like a mixture between the SCAR and the ACR - shit is off the chart!!

Higher damage than ACR, but not quite as much as scar.

Higher fire rate than SCAR but not quite as much as ACR.

Lower recoil than SCAR but not quite as low as ACR.

Fugu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOo2MPG61e8
I suppose this more or less speaks for itself.

CorporalDork said:
I've just found my new favourite gun... the TAR-21.

It's like a mixture between the SCAR and the ACR - shit is off the chart!!

Higher damage than ACR, but not quite as much as scar.

Higher fire rate than SCAR but not quite as much as ACR.

Lower recoil than SCAR but not quite as low as ACR.
SCAR and the TAR deal the same damage.

I finally got my first nuke after 10 days of game play :D

In total, I had the nuke equipped no more than 20 matches out of my 1700 matches, my game play totally changes when I have it equipped which isn't really fun.
I always have uav, predator and harrier but I started to notice lately that I do easily get 15 to 18 - 0 when matches start so I decided to equip a nuke and here is what happened:

The first match I joined was full of care package glitchers, TDM in Favela, the air space was full of the enemy teams air support and so on. we got our asses kicked so me and my teammates decided to back out in hopes of finding a better game.

to our surprise we found ourselves in a lobby against a full clan called Uber and they all have prestiged several times at least, it was TDM on Highrise, started at A, got first kill by shooting a guy across the map from the right side after I saw the C building windows shatter, went back and took the stair down and killed another guy down their who rushing to A from under C, I got up to the main floor and realized that we switched spawn places, went down again and shoot down a sniper sniping from the gap on the B bridge, I knew that he is going to tell his team where I was since its clan that we are playing against, so I moved quickly to the A side of the underground tunnel but on the way 3 guy jumped me down one by one from the stairs in front of the C building.

I hide inside the tunnel under the C building and my friends started spawning there, I send the harriers and waited in the same place to get another two kills, started up the chopper gunner and before I knew it I saw the nuke sign on my screen, and boom I pressed it as soon as my chopper got down, I just couldn't wait more and take the rest.

What makes this more awesome is that I made all of this in less than 2 or 3 minutes, the guys on the other team all had 3-4 kills each maximum when I nuked them.

The whole Uber (with 2 dots on the U) clan backs out from the lobby after the game and I was treated by my clan mates as a hero for saving the game :D

TDM Highrise - Groundwar
ACR silenced
- Don't know what the secondary is, I rarely use secondaries.
Frag
2x Flash

Scavenger pro
Hardline pro <-- love it
Ninja pro

Final stand

Dan Yo

Banned
DRE Fei said:
It's ridiculous that boosting is even an issue. Just do like every other game and not allow people to have their friends jump into a match in progress. Completely makes the whole titles and emblems system inconsequential, and ruins many games. The only nukes I've ever seen aside from my own have been from players boosting. Seems like such an easy issue to fix too.

Belfast

corkscrewblow said:

Maybe I'm an idiot, I don't know. I never play it (though I've done HQ Richochet Pro). I kept getting messages about a Playlist update on Steam, so it was either legitimate or a server bug.

Xux

Ooh, I liked WingsOfRedemption's class in one of those vids.

F2000 (no attachments)
Desert Eagle (no attachments)

Bling
Hardline
Sitrep

No kill streaks.

Gonna hafta try that out.

Xux said:

F2000 (no attachments)

Bling
Hardline
Sitrep

No kill streaks.

If his goal was to make a shitty class, he should have used Danger Close and Blast Shield :lol

Sealda

Banned

Yes i did, and i thought it was a bit awkward.

I found that wingsofredemption, while entertaining, tended to talk about the guns a lot more than the game (ie who made it, what country it's from, bullet size etc). I found another player who does the same kind of video + commentary called nextgentactics (I don't think that's the player's name, but searching youtube for that will bring up his vids), and they seem really good. The guy seems a bit less... southern, as well.

For folk just starting out, you can search for "nextgentactics <map name>" and either "tactical" or "run and gun" to get two different approaches to playing a given map. I found it really useful.

First of all maybe you watched his "Rifleman´s Creed" series where he basically gives a specific weapons history and discusses mainly just that weapon.

I watched 2 vids with nextgentactics did not know about it. Thanks for the tip. Although the guys in the videos i watched was rather boring. Its like they gave advices but it felt like it was things that the average serious player can figure out. Like spots "stand, put a claymore there" etc.

What Wings of Redemption has more juicy stuff like when he talked about the "edge game" the game that takes place between 2 players on either side of a corner. Or the "rush-sickness" which happens to a player if he starts to rush, even if he gets killed he will continue to rush. Because its hard to chill down once you started running. You get used to the speed etc.

NT seems a bit like WoodysGamertag or Kim5986 (does dual-commentaries with WOR from tiem to time). They give a lot of tactics are serious but they are like average players.

F2000 (no attachments)

Bling
Hardline
Sitrep

No kill streaks.

Yes that is a kit for skillz ^^

MidnightRider said:
M9 > any other secondary pistol/machine pistol
Choke on the Magic said:
How? What's the advantage?
That's what I'm axin'. :lol

It's funny, btw, that the Desert Eagle showed up in the bullshit loadout. I hate that pistol. I used it through an entire game once and managed to get ONE kill. Needless to say, I wrote off my plan to get tactical/akimbo for it.

Sh0k

Got my 4th nuke this morning in Afghan, the host quit the game at the moment the nuke went off but it migrate to another host for the ending results :D

kaizoku

when you leave a game do you still get all your kills and so on added to your stats?

I once had a really good game with a gun I was trying to level up and a friend invited me to a party, I accepted thinking it was just the party and ended up joining his game as well! Gutted.

But if it keeps your kill count thats awesome.

kaizoku said:
when you leave a game do you still get all your kills and so on added to your stats?

I once had a really good game with a gun I was trying to level up and a friend invited me to a party, I accepted thinking it was just the party and ended up joining his game as well! Gutted.

But if it keeps your kill count thats awesome.

I think you lose everything unless you quit out of the game legit (Start->Quit Game->Accept)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone else feel like they play better after they prestige?

I'm on my first prestige and I was constantly going 2:1 last night with just a stock M4 :D. Probably just a placebo effect.

Meier

Belfast said:
Playlist update today. Is Hardcore TDM new? I think that's all I saw.
You cant access things until you reach a certain level as far as I know (at least I think that was what I was told early on when in a party with a lower level friend)... might be related to that?

Last night was the worst online performance ever. Constant lag, timed out games, and the shitty 1.8 patch that was to fix the care package glitch has done nothing, but create an opportunity for another care package glitch which apparently is even easier to pull off.

Anyone else have a shitty online experience last night (ps3)?

Jrmint

CrazedArabMan said:
Don't be hating on the Skorpion, I could own kids with that on vacant, it was my favorite gun, then IW was dumb and got rid of it.
This is so true, I used to love using the Skorpion.

That might be the most underrated gun from CoD4.

Pankaks said:

I do awful those first few levels after prestiging. Not having a custom cold-blooded class is the worst, let alone not having a stinger to shoot down enemy air support (why am I always stuck on teams that refuse to shoot anything out of the sky???)

todahawk

Pankaks said:

I'm on my first prestige and I was constantly going 2:1 last night with just a stock M4 :D. Probably just a placebo effect.

Yeah, i was stinking it on my first prestige until I made an effort to get better with the UMP. Then I started going 3:1 on FFA, back to having lots of fun.

kaizoku

Sir Garbageman said:
I do awful those first few levels after prestiging. Not having a custom cold-blooded class is the worst, let alone not having a stinger to shoot down enemy air support (why am I always stuck on teams that refuse to shoot anything out of the sky???)

I miss cold blooded as well, but what I'm finding is I'm forced to use the starter weapons and play according to their strengths rather than pick a load out which suits my strengths - and I'm doing quite well with it.

makes me question if my stealth class was really the most effective way for me to play at all.

everything depends on the kind of games you join though really. sometimes knifing works wonders, sometimes people just kill you with ease.

todahawk

kaizoku said:
I miss cold blooded as well, but what I'm finding is I'm forced to use the starter weapons and play according to their strengths rather than pick a load out which suits my strengths - and I'm doing quite well with it.

makes me question if my stealth class was really the most effective way for me to play at all.

everything depends on the kind of games you join though really. sometimes knifing works wonders, sometimes people just kill you with ease.

After prestiging I tried a knifing class for the first time and had a shitload of fun.

butts

Remember, right after prestiging you get the Scout Sniper class by default that has cold-blooded on it. I just prestiged to 5 last night and had to use that several times since people just dont shoot stuff down all the time.

I also seem to have really good games RIGHT after prestiging, like 3-1 in demolition all night after doing so. I seem to do best at the lowest and highest levels, for some reason in the middle levels I do my worst.

WOW Underpass has got to have the worst spawns in the game. So I'm playing Domination and I'm having a really good game. I start out like 7-1, got a few headshots with the Intervention, you know the drill. Then my team gives up B so the other team has B and C. Suddenly I'm killed from behind by dual 1887s and the enemy takes A. Then my entire team is spawn trapped in the back right corner behind A. I am spawned 8 TIMES IN A ROW IN THE SAME SPOT WITHIN ~30 FEET OF TWO GUYS WITH 1887s. Needless to say, I die all 8 times in a row. So what started out as a really good game turns to a shit game where we lose and I go -5. Holy fuck this spawn system is broken.

Top Bottom