• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

OldJadedGamer said:
This is a good thing considering the problems in the PS3 patch that had to be dialed back even though it passed through their certification.
I guess, but it just feels like it's taking forever. The glitch has been known for, what now, 3 weeks?

uraldix

MidnightRider said:
Doesn't the TacKnife ruin your range with Commando Pro?

I always heard to use one or the other. not both.

Correct, no lunge with the tac knife.

backflip10019 said:
I guess, but it just feels like it's taking forever. The glitch has been known for, what now, 3 weeks?

The fix should be: You can run 100 yards with the marker. At 101 yards, your character freezes as if his feet were nailed to the ground and whoever kills you gets a random killstreak.

Dra-Q

Banned
Okay, reached lvl. 70 in the 360 version. Should I prestige or not? I love my AK47/Stinger combo and don't want to lose them.

Dra-Q said:
Okay, reached lvl. 70 in the 360 version. Should I prestige or not? I love my AK47/Stinger combo and don't want to lose them.
You should probably prestige. That is if you actually like keeping things interesting.

Before anyone goes off on the achievement whores out there, let me say:

People play this game WAAAAAY more than many many games before it. In a lot of cases, you may have played more online MW2 from levels 1-70 than you played other games in their entire shelf life.

The only way to keep things fresh in most cases is, ta-da, prestige.

DeuceMojo said:
I think the spawning is slightly shit. I understand they don't want to have 4 set-in-stone spawn locations, to (sort of) avoid spawn killing, but at the same time, spawning next to a teammate by default is kind of crap. Too bad it's not a you-can-spawn-at-bases-under-your-control system like Battlefield or a choose-your-spawn-point-within-reason system.

However this did provide me with some moments of hilarity the other night. My teammate just activated his AC-130 in Favela and killed most of the enemy team within a few strikes. Almost ALL of them (at least 5) spawned by the playground near the high street, and I walked right into them, getting the last two kills.

See that one youtube video of the guy getting the chopper on Terminal where he kills the whole team a couple of times by just shooting that tv store(?) near the gate leading towards the airplane.

Graf Nudu said:
See that one youtube video of the guy getting the chopper on Terminal where he kills the whole team a couple of times by just shooting that tv store(?) near the gate leading towards the airplane.
That was my team! I wept bitter tears! :lol hah, no, j/k.

I would've pissed myself laughing though if it was me. Like, wow, we either got screwed by the spawn or we screwed ourselves by huddling together under a chopper that can see us wherever we are.

uraldix

DeuceMojo said:
That was my team! I wept bitter tears! :lol hah, no, j/k.

I would've pissed myself laughing though if it was me. Like, wow, we either got screwed by the spawn or we screwed ourselves by huddling together under a chopper that can see us wherever we are.

It's brutal, he kills the team and knows exactly where they will spawn and he destroys them over and over again with chopper gunner. I would have rage quit.

aku:jiki

uraldix said:
It's brutal, he kills the team and knows exactly where they will spawn and he destroys them over and over again with chopper gunner. I would have rage quit.
You guys are talking about the video where WingsOfRedemption showed off the OMA-tube kit (and basically started the trend with that, the stupid bastard) and he doesn't know where they spawn - the enemy team is just too afraid of the CG to leave the bag shop. Their own fear is killing them.

I see that all the time and just shake my head... My whole team of randoms just cowering in fear in some doorway, I mean. Your K/D won't improve if you don't get out there and kill some shit, fool!

uraldix said:
Correct, no lunge with the tac knife.
I was probably the most adamant about this on GAF before, but uh, I've started having a knife class again and it appears I was dead wrong! :lol

There is no lunge with TK as it is - it is even shorter than with just the regular knife.
There is, however, a small lunge with TK+Commando and it makes a huge difference in how usable the TK is. Without it, you'll end up 2 feet away from the guy when he randomly turns around all the time. It really is a must for successful knifing.

This reminds me that getting your TK back is probably the weakest part of prestiging. Takes like 30 levels to get it back. :(

moojito

I was watching the wingsofredemption video last night where he was showing the fastest way to level. When he said "using the emergency drop.... method" I thought he was going to get his glitch on, but fortunately not. Apparently getting those streaks and letting other people pick up the boxes results in a lot more xp than you would get from actually using the rewards yourself.

I wonder how many people are following that advice and getting yelled at for being a lame-ass glitcher.

todahawk

xtheEnemy said:
- - - -
PS: I badly needed a good spec-ops player.

add me up: xtheEnemy (PSN)

thanks ;)

I'll add ya, I've been struggling to find anyone to do Spec Ops with. PSN id = todahawk
I'm EST, what timezone you in?

m0ngo said:
ah right, that would explain why i haven't seen any then.. gonna have to start playing me some free for all.

Yeah, look in FFA... SitRep helps but look up Sandy Ravage's booster justice vids. They tend to hide in out of the way places.

I played some FFA over the weekend and caught some on Quarry and got 3 quick kills out of it for my trouble. :)

DeuceMojo said:
You should probably prestige. That is if you actually like keeping things interesting.

People play this game WAAAAAY more than many many games before it. In a lot of cases, you may have played more online MW2 from levels 1-70 than you played other games in their entire shelf life.

As someone that has never prestiged the thing that really freshens up the game for me are new maps.

I wish they would release map packs sooner after release and in bigger quantities (4 packs of 4 maps).

aku:jiki said:
You guys are talking about the video where WingsOfRedemption showed off the OMA-tube kit (and basically started the trend with that, the stupid bastard) and he doesn't know where they spawn - the enemy team is just too afraid of the CG to leave the bag shop. Their own fear is killing them.

I see that all the time and just shake my head... My whole team of randoms just cowering in fear in some doorway, I mean. Your K/D won't improve if you don't get out there and kill some shit, fool!

I've done this myself. This is why, on the smaller maps, only holding a single spawn can be the kiss of death.

Jrmint

VaLiancY said:
Who ever recommended the M9 pistol, you're amazing. This little bastard is great when I'm out of ammo.

And fuck the ACR.
Lol why fuck the ACR? People always complain about it not doing enough damage, but it seems to do plenty for me, and that is without SP. Sure your AK may do more damage, but when you are half the map away chances are I will kill you more times than you will kill me.

I don't get the love for the M9, the USP is just as good and looks way cooler in my opinion. :shrugs:

Sealda

Banned
NYR said:
^
UAV_icon.PNG

He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst commentator on YouTube. Not because of what he is saying, just because he is an overall douche who always says he is better then everyone else, and anyone with better stats is a cheater. Not to mention the fact that he starts shit with other commentators for no reason.

Hutch said it best on his YouTube channel:

Lol, just watching that "friendly debate" video with Hutch and WOR i can hear who is the gentlemen and who is the douche. Hutch was basically a douche from the first second of the video. Maybe Wingsofredemption says clumsy things from time to time but he is not rude and a douche in the sense that Hutch is. Fact is, WOR is not like any other youtube commentator and that is why people sometimes do not like him because he takes the fights and because he is not afraid to say what he thinks.

WOR is probably one of the more humble people uploading MW2 commentaries.

(Seems like i will be the WOR defense force here)

Video analysis shows that Hutch is the real douche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CWzYH_Lo4

Just listen from 0:12 to 0:23 in this video that sorta explains the difference between Wings of redemption and Hutch. Sure Wings of redemption says "YOYOYOYO its your boy Wings Of Redem*gets interrupted*" in annoying ebonics but Hutch is the one who is a douche who interrupts him in the middle of his first words and says "Wow Thats quite an intro buddy" *elitist laughter from Hutch* "Why don´t you take it down a notch, you know just a couple of decibels" *Awkward laughter from WOR*

Hutch just has this disgusting tone during the whole debate.

DeuceMojo said:

I had this thinking in COD4 that I would just keep prestiging while I was playing and I would stop when I was getting sick of the game and before I knew it, I had my tenth level prestige gold cross. With MW2 though... there are too many extra perks you get from being a high level that didn't matter in COD4 though. After 21 in COD4 you got your claymores and that was pretty much all you needed (or for me) so I just coasted my way to each level 55 after that.

With MW2... there are just way too many goodies that you really need while playing and puts you at a disadvantage if you don't have them so I'm not really feeling the need to Prestige this time around.

NYR

Sealda said:
Lol, just watching that "friendly debate" video with Hutch and WOR i can hear who is the gentlemen and who is the douche. Hutch was basically a douche from the first second of the video. Maybe Wingsofredemption says clumsy things from time to time but he is not rude and a douche in the sense that Hutch is. Fact is, WOR is not like any other youtube commentator and that is why people sometimes do not like him because he takes the fights and because he is not afraid to say what he thinks.

WOR is probably one of the more humble people uploading MW2 commentaries.

(Seems like i will be the WOR defense force here)

Video analysis shows that Hutch is the real douche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CWzYH_Lo4

Just listen from 0:12 to 0:23 in this video that sorta explains the difference between Wings of redemption and Hutch. Sure Wings of redemption says "YOYOYOYO its your boy Wings Of Redem*gets interrupted*" in annoying ebonics but Hutch is the one who is a douche who interrupts him in the middle of his first words and says "Wow Thats quite an intro buddy" *elitist laughter from Hutch* "Why don´t you take it down a notch, you know just a couple of decibels" *Awkward laughter from WOR*

Hutch just has this disgusting tone during the whole debate.
In Hutch's defence, there is a reason for the tone. WOR called him out which started this whole thing. He called him "nooby", which he hardly is. WOR's entire argument was that the sniper rifle weighs 20 pounds and a real sniper wouldn't be running around quick scoping. NO SHIT! It's a game!! He's just jealous at the attention Hutch gets.

Hutch was a man to bring him on his channel and let them have a friendly debate. Hutch proved how much class he had by letting him speak his mind to his face and not just go back and forth like WOR was. You shouldn't have expected him to lay down and let him talk shit and still be nice. He did something I wouldn't do, and that was let him come on his channel, explain his point of view, and have a good debate. And don't get me started on that ebonics crap, either - he had it coming.

BTW, in his latest video on Favela, WOR calls anyone with a KDR of 2.00 and under a scrub, and that anyone over a 4 is a cheater. If that's the case, EVERYONE on this thread is a scrub according to his standards, as getting a KDR over 2 is really hard. Further, he targeted the Optics Nation crew - he just comes off sounding douchy and jealous about how much attention Hutch and the other guys get.

Stick to Tejbz, SeaNanners, Blame Truth, PainCakes and SandyRavage if you want to learn and be entertained, IMO.

Rubenov

OldJadedGamer said:
I had this thinking in COD4 that I would just keep prestiging while I was playing and I would stop when I was getting sick of the game and before I knew it, I had my tenth level prestige gold cross. With MW2 though... there are too many extra perks you get from being a high level that didn't matter in COD4 though. After 21 in COD4 you got your claymores and that was pretty much all you needed (or for me) so I just coasted my way to each level 55 after that.

With MW2... there are just way too many goodies that you really need while playing and puts you at a disadvantage if you don't have them so I'm not really feeling the need to Prestige this time around.

This is exactly how I feel. Granted I recently started playing this and I'm only level 36, but I'm pretty set against prestiging this time around... coming from a CoD4 Prestige 10/lvl55. I've already spent valuable time acquiring attachments and shit... don't want to go through that each time.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
What are Hutch's and Wings actual K/D ratios? I've been sitting on 3.27-3.28 for awhile now with 55k kills and it's pretty tough to move. They play the same game modes I primarily do as well, Ground War and Domination.

Got a 35 kill streak with harrier -> pavelow -> chopper gunner on Karachi domination. Enemy team kept spawning at C, so I sat in the building and sneaky snaked them down. Finished 56-9, but we lost the game. Team player of the year right here. Oh well.

M16A4 is really doing the job for me lately.

I can definitely see myself getting a 100+ kill game with a more conservative playing style. I just don't have the patience most of the time.

NYR

LeMaximilian said:
What are Hutch's and Wings actual K/D ratios? I've been sitting on 3.27-3.28 for awhile now with 55k kills and it's pretty tough to move. They play the same game modes I primarily do as well, Ground War and Domination.
According to his YouTube page, Hutch's KD is 1.56. he puts a comment next to it saying "KD - 1.56 (I shoot down lots of planes and don't give a shit about my KD)".

I think WOR mentioned in his latest video he is around 3, if I am not mistaken.

I'm sure both are in the same boat. Played so much that it is really hard to make it move.

Scrub, shit. Maintaining anything near a 2 KDR on Xbox is fucking insane, especially if you're busy prestiging and losing all yo shit.

Take all the "scrubs" out of Xbox Live and watch the "superstars" KDRs slide into shit.

Edit: then again, here everyone is talking about KDRs, which really mean dick in the game. They gotta remove it, seriously.

NYR said:
In Hutch's defence, there is a reason for the tone. WOR called him out which started this whole thing. He called him "nooby", which he hardly is. WOR's entire argument was that the sniper rifle weighs 20 pounds and a real sniper wouldn't be running around quick scoping. NO SHIT! It's a game!! He's just jealous at the attention Hutch gets.

Hutch was a man to bring him on his channel and let them have a friendly debate. Hutch proved how much class he had by letting him speak his mind to his face and not just go back and forth like WOR was. You shouldn't have expected him to lay down and let him talk shit and still be nice. He did something I wouldn't do, and that was let him come on his channel, explain his point of view, and have a good debate. And don't get me started on that ebonics crap, either - he had it coming.

BTW, in his latest video on Favela, WOR calls anyone with a KDR of 2.00 and under a scrub, and that anyone over a 4 is a cheater. If that's the case, EVERYONE on this thread is a scrub according to his standards, as getting a KDR over 2 is really hard. Further, he targeted the Optics Nation crew - he just comes off sounding douchy and jealous about how much attention Hutch and the other guys get.

Stick to Tejbz, SeaNanners, Blame Truth, PainCakes and SandyRavage if you want to learn and be entertained, IMO.

I don't know much about those guys you mention, except for SandyRavage, who is revered as something of a god around here. I'll throw in my vote for EvilGamer, over on Justin.tv, who I believe goes by Victrix around here. His stream is fun to watch, as well as informative (although he seems to have moved on from MW2 at the moment). Good team play and map movment, without an overbearing obsession with K/D.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I've been really thinking about capping some more MW2 stuff after watching these videos as far as K/D increases. I don't think most realize how abusively powerful Hardline can be with the 5-7-11 loadout.

If I want to get kills, Scar-Ext mags with AA-12, Scavenger, Hardline, Ninja.

Most of the time, 4 kills becomes 6, 6 becomes 10 and 10 becomes 20-30 on average. Yes, 4 kills can easily lead to 30.

So many occasions, that 5th kill can be the hardest to get. I have this playstyle when controlling choke points, and if you've killed 3-4 people from the same general area...you get the fuck out asap.

Mileena

Banned
ACR is awesome in hardcore, not so awesome in regular. If the M4 had the same iron sights it did in CoD4 I'd prefer it over the ACR but it doesn't. SCAR and TAR >>>> M4 and ACR anyway :p

CozMick

Banned
Losing my beloved Stopping Power for Hardline would be insane in 90 percent of the servers.

Dudes running round like bullet sponges........

aku:jiki

NYR said:
How do you follow players like these when they post their videos all over the place? I'm having trouble just finding the WOR Favela video you mentioned because I can't just look through one channel and find it manually (just "WOR favela" is not helping me either), and like the MachinimaRespawn channel has 200 videos! Just watching the killcams of the week is such a huge pain... How do you do it?! Is there like an MW2 blog that posts the good stuff somewhere?

BTW, speaking of videos, did anyone else react on MW2 Mythbusters 3, specifically the MG4 FMJ? They're called "explosive rounds" and the Mythbusters show them downing a guy in one bullet. Any truth to this stuff? I've been trying to use the MG4 to unlock them, but getting 300 kills with it is painful... Such a weak LMG. :/

Losing my beloved Stopping Power for Hardline would be insane in 90 percent of the servers.
You're just perk-addicted. Force yourself to stop using it and you'll be fine in no time.

Graf Nudu said:

My current highest killstreak is 36, and this is entirely in part due to a very lucky(or unfortunate on the other team) chopper gunner where I managed to get 27 kills with it because they kept spawning near the fortress in the back of rundown. One guy eventually found me and killed me while I was in the chopper gunner however, but after the chopper gunner was done, I was 38-1. :lol

This was on TDM btw.

DRE Fei

OldJadedGamer said:

Do you mostly play hardcore TDM? If so, then yeah it sucks to lose coldblooded/ninja/claymores etc, but if you play ground war it's really easy to get that stuff back. I consider myself an average player and I've been prestiging roughly once a week ever since I started playing ground war every day. Instead of hiding in dark corners waiting for you to walk by, people actually run and gun quite a bit. Of course there are a lot of bullshit deaths as well, but it's so easy to level up guns due to the huge number of players per map that it doesn't matter.

The magic number for me (level 31) is really easy to reach and that's why I'm on my 5th prestige now. It just keeps things fresh. I hate being at level 70 when the points don't mean anything anymore, but I understand why some players prefer having everything unlocked instead of going through the leveling up process repeatedly.

Roxas

Anyone having problems with getting booted off the PSN lately? The last few days have been really bad. Always getting signed out and it takes forever to log back in :\

Case said:

I'd rather have the slightly higher fire rate of the M4 than the slightly lower recoil of the ACR. The M4's recoil is already low enough to be able to stay in full auto without a need to burst fire. [edited to be more specific]

ZeroRay

I think the default classes in this one are really good. Would of been perfect had they replaced the shitty launcher of the LMG class with a stinger.

Rubenov said:
This is exactly how I feel. Granted I recently started playing this and I'm only level 36, but I'm pretty set against prestiging this time around... coming from a CoD4 Prestige 10/lvl55. I've already spent valuable time acquiring attachments and shit... don't want to go through that each time.

It could be at a 10/lvl55 that we both just have that "been there done that" feeling and it sucked to never level up a lot of stuff before so it's new and interesting to think about doing all the challenges this time rather than have them reset :(

DRE Fei said:
Do you mostly play hardcore TDM? If so, then yeah it sucks to lose coldblooded/ninja/claymores etc, but if you play ground war it's really easy to get that stuff back. I consider myself an average player and I've been prestiging roughly once a week ever since I started playing ground war every day. Instead of hiding in dark corners waiting for you to walk by, people actually run and gun quite a bit. Of course there are a lot of bullshit deaths as well, but it's so easy to level up guns due to the huge number of players per map that it doesn't matter.

The magic number for me (level 31) is really easy to reach and that's why I'm on my 5th prestige now. It just keeps things fresh. I hate being at level 70 when the points don't mean anything anymore, but I understand why some players prefer having everything unlocked instead of going through the leveling up process repeatedly.

Yeah, I'm a devote Hardore TDM guy but it's not as fun as it used to be in COD4 and my friends are doing more Ground War so I'm jumping in with them on that lately and it's becoming more fun for me... more arcady and I'm caring less about my kills/deaths and hurting my team.

WOW if I lose another match bonus because the host quits I'm going to flip a shit. This has happened probably like 6 or 7 times to me today. I'm sick of this shit.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
crimzonflame said:
Wings is probably the most helpful commentator. Hes the reason I went fron 0.23 to 1.25 KD and rising.

I think he's an alright guy, definitely helped my game.

Well, now the PS3 version has been sold along with Tony Hawk Skate so I could buy WKC.
Oddly I never ever sell games to GS, unless they are terrible or hold no replay value.
I thought MW2 was godly the first 2-3 weeks after release, but its been a downward slide into mediocrity and redundant gameplay based on gimmicks.
Ive never seen a game go from "OMG best game evah!!!" to every single person on my
PS3 friends list ditch it as well as 90% of my 360 buddies do the same.

I dont know happened exactly, I miss those first few weeks after launch when it seemed like thegreatest FPS to come along, now I actually dont even own it anymore. Everyone I work with or associate with that is a gamer and who I usually party up with has nothing but disgust for the game when only weeks ago it was praise.

Well I love FPS's thats for sure and thank god MAG came along when it did. Is there anyone who had the game from launch that still finds it enjoyable?

crimzonflame said:
Wings is probably the most helpful commentator. Hes the reason I went fron 0.23 to 1.25 KD and rising.
If he's the most helpful, I definitely should commentate. I'm sure he has all of the concepts down, but watching him, I honestly don't feel like he's close to top tier. Also in reference to one video, TAR-21, Stopping Power and flanking is not 'rushing.' That's how you normally play the goddamn game. Sorry, try not to get flattered with some 0.24 ratio kid calling your style 'a game of chess.' Ugh.

smik

Fina1e said:
Predator -> Harrier -> Pavelow

Fuck the Chopper Gunner
Fuck the AC-130
Fuck the Nuke

been doing this for over a month now and i just love it, i can run around without been interrupted by using the other streaks.

it slow the game down to much for me using the other killstreaks

Top Bottom