• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Honestly the 1887 shotguns are the worst editions I've ever seen. Over powered (imo) even after the patch. Why would you have two 100+ year old shotguns in "Modern" Warfare?

Choke on the Magic said:
Honestly the 1887 shotguns are the worst editions I've ever seen. Over powered (imo) even after the patch. Why would you have two 100+ year old shotguns in "Modern" Warfare?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :lol Seriously though: once the Bling 1887s are fixed, the 1887 will become the most useless shotgun. I don't see why anyone would take it over the SPAS at that point.

I love the shotgun category. All of the shotguns are so different, and all of them are excellent at what they do. I really need to learn the M1014; I've definitely seen it being used to deadly effect, but I've never been able to use it myself.

Choke on the Magic said:
Because it's ironic. Infinity Ward wants to be funny and edgy.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
backflip10019 said:
WOW Underpass has got to have the worst spawns in the game. So I'm playing Domination and I'm having a really good game. I start out like 7-1, got a few headshots with the Intervention, you know the drill. Then my team gives up B so the other team has B and C. Suddenly I'm killed from behind by dual 1887s and the enemy takes A. Then my entire team is spawn trapped in the back right corner behind A. I am spawned 8 TIMES IN A ROW IN THE SAME SPOT WITHIN ~30 FEET OF TWO GUYS WITH 1887s. Needless to say, I die all 8 times in a row. So what started out as a really good game turns to a shit game where we lose and I go -5. Holy fuck this spawn system is broken.

were you hammering the respawn button?

when a team holds all spawn points, the spawn location becomes randomised and changes every 30 seconds or something like that? so naturally you would respawn near A cos thats the last place you held, but after that it would have switched to a random spot.

esp if you were spawning with your intervention each time and the guys with 1887s are right near you. if you'd equipped an AR or some other class you may have stood a chance?

whitehawk

Banned
Oh ya, just went 40 - 13 in a demolition game

My setup:

Scar + silencer
Thumper (never really used it)
Smoke Grenade
claymore

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
ninja I think
Painkiller

The scar with the silencer + stopping power is deadly.

Oh and my killstreak: predator > Harrier > Pavelow

kaizoku said:
were you hammering the respawn button?

when a team holds all spawn points, the spawn location becomes randomised and changes every 30 seconds or something like that? so naturally you would respawn near A cos thats the last place you held, but after that it would have switched to a random spot.

esp if you were spawning with your intervention each time and the guys with 1887s are right near you. if you'd equipped an AR or some other class you may have stood a chance?

That's not true. You spawn in the in the last point that was taken over and over. I've held 3 points for an entire game AND spawn killed the entire team for 5+ minutes.

LunaticPuma said:
That's a glitch?

It's used in every game. I figured that was part of the killstreak. ;)

steve-02.jpg

MidnightRider said:
I swear to god they need to fix the package glitch

that's all anyone does anymore.
I know, it's fucking annoying. I'm THIS CLOSE to starting to use it in every game that I play. It's used so much now that it is almost a legitimate strategy. I love how fucking long Microsoft is taking to approve the update. MW2 is the most played game on the 360 right now. What the fuck is taking them so goddamn long? What other priorities can they really have?

backflip10019 said:
I know, it's fucking annoying. I'm THIS CLOSE to starting to use it in every game that I play. It's used so much now that it is almost a legitimate strategy. I love how fucking long Microsoft is taking to approve the update. MW2 is the most played game on the 360 right now. What the fuck is taking them so goddamn long? What other priorities can they really have?

Can't really blame MS on this one because the Ps3 1.8 patch is shit and the care package glitch is still alive and kicking.

I'm with you though I don't know how to do the glitch, but I'm about to learn it so I can stand a chance.

I hardly ever see the glitch in TDM, good thing I usually stick in TDM anyway.:D I can see why it would probably appear in the objective modes though.

Anyway, I managed 2 EMPs in rundown TDM. My final score was like 30somethin - 3. The funny thing is our team barely won because some noob was like 4-20.

backflip10019 said:
WOW Underpass has got to have the worst spawns in the game. So I'm playing Domination and I'm having a really good game. I start out like 7-1, got a few headshots with the Intervention, you know the drill. Then my team gives up B so the other team has B and C. Suddenly I'm killed from behind by dual 1887s and the enemy takes A. Then my entire team is spawn trapped in the back right corner behind A. I am spawned 8 TIMES IN A ROW IN THE SAME SPOT WITHIN ~30 FEET OF TWO GUYS WITH 1887s. Needless to say, I die all 8 times in a row. So what started out as a really good game turns to a shit game where we lose and I go -5. Holy fuck this spawn system is broken.

Just to let you know.

Getting spawned at A is WAYYYYYYY better than getting spawned at C.

You DO NOT want to play a domination game on that map with me and my buds.

We take A and B and give you C. In which I know every spawn point at C and they are ALL SO UNFAIR. I can literally run through and knife everyone on their spawns with marathon lightweight.

It's easy to see 3+ chopper gunners from me on that map.

Lionheart1827 said:
I hardly ever see the glitch in TDM, good thing I usually stick in TDM anyway.:D I can see why it would probably appear in the objective modes though.

Anyway, I managed 2 EMPs in rundown TDM. My final score was like 30somethin - 3. The funny thing is our team barely won because some noob was like 4-20.

At least he had a good number.:D

Choke on the Magic said:
Can't really blame MS on this one because the Ps3 1.8 patch is shit and the care package glitch is still alive and kicking.

I'm with you though I don't know how to do the glitch, but I'm about to learn it so I can stand a chance.

See that's the thing. The team that is usually doing it is the team that gets the loss.

At least w/ all of us thats the case.

***EDIT*** DING: 3 Post Streak

NYR

^
UAV_icon.PNG

Sealda said:
A good watch tip is the youtube user Wings Of Redemption.
He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst commentator on YouTube. Not because of what he is saying, just because he is an overall douche who always says he is better then everyone else, and anyone with better stats is a cheater. Not to mention the fact that he starts shit with other commentators for no reason.

Hutch said it best on his YouTube channel:
I called WoR a douche because of his bullshit, elitist, douchey approach to this video making thing, something that's supposed to be a FUN hobby. I don't like the way he comes across, I don't like the fact that he's a prick to people that like his videos, and I don't like the fact that he instructed people to write him an essay explaining why he should add them. That's fucking bizarre, egotistical bullshit and I don't like seeing it in the community. So I commented. End of story. Kthxbai. (16 hours ago)

Ganhyun

I hate people that do like u guys do and also have memorized the spawns to even further humiliate the other team. Especially if im in a group of random noobs.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Ganhyun said:
I hate people that do like u guys do and also have memorized the spawns to even further humiliate the other team. Especially if im in a group of random noobs.
What do you mean?

In general on every map, I've played enough to know where both sides are going to meet and can usually get a free grenade kill by tossing one where I know the other team will be if they're rushing a spot.

...or do you mean during the game, not at the start?

It's pretty easy to figure out where the other team is spawning. Look at where your team is and look for the biggest empty space on the map...that's probably where the other team is spawning.

What is up with the lag in this game lately? I've had four games drop mid-game on me already today after playing for about an hour and an additional game that I joined and immediately got a "Connection Interrupted" message on my screen that was so laggy that I couldn't even move. Gah, this game just keeps getting worse and worse.

xtheEnemy

Banned
Can someone clarify me on this: End Game III (Rotating Nuke Emblem)

Do I have to get those 10 nukes on the same prestige level or those already detonated nukes will carry over when I prestige again ?

Cause I think I already have 10 or 11 nukes but still no emblem.. :(

Already got the "End of Line" callsign though.

Anyway, I can't believe I pulled off a nuke on Highrise(Ground War - Domination) earlier :lol

The game almost had every irritating class possible. (Noob tuber, speedster, sniper, guy using that level 70 launcher etc..)

I f'ing love OMA PRO.

-Net 7 kills using M16
-goes to the Elevator near "B"
-switch to SCAR+Danger Close
-call in Harrier
-Harrier down after 2 kills
-switched to SCAR+Hardline, killed one
-switched to SCAR+Danger Close
-Call in Chopper(Massacre begins..)
-got 23(I don't know at that time)
-switched to SCAR+Hardline
-killed a guy climbing the stairs in the helipad
-NUKE Icon Appears (180/200)
-Activate nuke on (194/200)

:lol

It was glorious.

xtheEnemy said:

Do I have to get those 10 nukes on the same prestige level or those already detonated nukes will carry over when I prestige again?

All challenges reset when you prestige (save for the green challenges). So if you're hunting the nuke emblem, don't prestige until you have it!

xtheEnemy

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
All challenges reset when you prestige (save for the green challenges). So if you're hunting the nuke emblem, don't prestige until you have it!

I see, good thing I knew about this before I hit the prestige button again.
(I'm currently level 69 Prestige 2 :D )

So I guess I need 3 more nukes!

- - - -

PS: I badly needed a good spec-ops player.

add me up: xtheEnemy (PSN)

thanks ;)

Graf Nudu said:
With Marathon Pro + Lightweight Pro + Commando Pro and my TacKnife I rape people left and right. <3

Doesn't the TacKnife ruin your range with Commando Pro?

I always heard to use one or the other. not both.

xtheEnemy said:
I see, good thing I knew about this before I hit the prestige button again.
(I'm currently level 69 Prestige 2 :D )

So I guess I need 3 more nukes!

- - - -

PS: I badly needed a good spec-ops player.

add me up: xtheEnemy

thanks ;)

OBSJiesen

I am good at spec-ops. beat that shit with the quickness.

SUPREME1

Banned
Best feeling in this game is when you come across a nest full of boosters... undetected.

Most of the time they keep an eye out, but sometimes they get so caught up in their own bitchassness that they forget to keep an eye out for intruders.

When you get to slaughter a nest of these vermin AND put out their tact insert flares, that DENIED accolde feels so good.

You instantly put an end to their boosting, hiding, camping, bro-loving.... AND you make it so that they have to scramble like cockroaches exposed to light once they've spawned at an unexpected location. They have to regroup at a new spot, which means they have to first run through the map and be exposed to real players and chances are they don't make it clear across without taking losses. The best part is when it's a map that really doesn't have many booster nests and they know they're previous one has been compromised.

They either quit the game or just run out the clock liek little bitches.

:D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol

xtheEnemy said:

Do I have to get those 10 nukes on the same prestige level or those already detonated nukes will carry over when I prestige again ?

Cause I think I already have 10 or 11 nukes but still no emblem.. :(

Already got the "End of Line" callsign though.

Anyway, I can't believe I pulled off a nuke on Highrise(Ground War - Domination) earlier :lol

The game almost had every irritating class possible. (Noob tuber, speedster, sniper, guy using that level 70 launcher etc..)

I f'ing love OMA PRO.

-Net 7 kills using M16
-goes to the Elevator near "B"
-switch to SCAR+Danger Close
-call in Harrier
-Harrier down after 2 kills
-switched to SCAR+Hardline, killed one
-switched to SCAR+Danger Close
-Call in Chopper(Massacre begins..)
-got 23(I don't know at that time)
-switched to SCAR+Hardline
-killed a guy climbing the stairs in the helipad
-NUKE Icon Appears (180/200)
-Activate nuke on (194/200)

:lol

It was glorious.

Doesn't Domination end at 200?

CozMick

Banned
Tell me again why the Care Package is in this game?

4 kills (possibly 3) and you could get the AC-130 leading to another possible 15 kills+

How on gods green earth is that balanced or even fair?

Compared to players like me that earn there killstreak rewards via an 11 killstreak with a damn auto-rifle.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!

Air Drop noobs DISGUST me.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
A couple of pages back I asked for some search and destroy help, and thanks, it is very useful in public matches. Being MVP in a search game isn't impossible for me anymore :D . However, my gamebattles matches did not go nearly as well. HOLY SHIT those guys are good. I recommend anyone to try gamebattles as it is quite fun, but prepare for a lot of frustration if you're in a crappy team (like mine :lol ) We're currently 0-5, yes we've lost all 5 matches :'(

Pankaks said:
Anyone else feel like they play better after they prestige?

I'm on my first prestige and I was constantly going 2:1 last night with just a stock M4 :D. Probably just a placebo effect.
Not until at LEAST level 4 or maybe 6 or 8. Those first four levels are BRUTAL, with the completely horseshit classes they give you.

But I definitely enjoy it. Gives you something to look forward to again. But did they HAVE to put the Stinger so high up the list?

I don't want to rant on stupid stuff, but why does the game let teammates spawn right next to me, when I tried to sneak behind the enemy and stay at an absolute "unusual" place of the map. But when I get killed I spawn somewhere in the nowhere far away from the next teammates and/or enemies?

Meier

divisionbyzorro said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :lol Seriously though: once the Bling 1887s are fixed, the 1887 will become the most useless shotgun. I don't see why anyone would take it over the SPAS at that point.

I love the shotgun category. All of the shotguns are so different, and all of them are excellent at what they do. I really need to learn the M1014; I've definitely seen it being used to deadly effect, but I've never been able to use it myself.
I was thinking they'd fixed them then this guy took me out from like 25 feet away as I was shooting at him.. pissed me off so damn much. :(

I am becoming pretty sick of the old FAMAS and really starting to like running around a using the SPAS. K/D ratio isn't going up but its more fun for me right now.

m0ngo said:
I've put nearly six days into this game and i have yet to encounter any boosters, what game type are they most commonly found in? Wish i saw that many :D
I saw some in MTDM. Joined a game late and we were down huge and it clicked immediately but I couldnt find them until it was too late.

Ovid

CozMick said:
Tell me again why the Care Package is in this game?

4 kills (possibly 3) and you could get the AC-130 leading to another possible 15 kills+

How on gods green earth is that balanced or even fair?

Compared to players like me that earn there killstreak rewards via an 11 killstreak with a damn auto-rifle.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!

You have to realize that not everyone has the ability to reach Chopper Gunners or AC130's without a care package. Since my switch to the 360 I can barely reach the Harrier Strike. On the PS3 I pretty much got a Chopper Gunner whenever I wanted. So right now, the care package killstreak is extremly helpful to me until I get use to the controls on the 360.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Graf Nudu said:
I don't want to rant on stupid stuff, but why does the game let teammates spawn right next to me, when I tried to sneak behind the enemy and stay at an absolute "unusual" place of the map. But when I get killed I spawn somewhere in the nowhere far away from the next teammates and/or enemies?

It's the brilliant new respawn algorithm made for MW2 supposedly to be used as an improvement over COD4.

CozMick said:

Hey, you can leave your AC-130 care package for me if you like.

Ah, never mind, I'll just shoot you and take it. Peace! :lol

Graf Nudu said:
Today I stole someones care package with AC130. :lol

I once stole two care packages back-to-back in a FFA match, both with Harriers, and on Wasteland.

Two Harriers up simultaneously on Wasteland in FFA is awesome!

rezuth

Graf Nudu said:
Today I stole someones care package with AC130. :lol
I got one on Hardcore TDM today but as I was getting it some idiot in my team knifed me and stole it. It better not been you!

Edit: I really hate when stuff like that happens, totally ruins the game for me and I can only play shit after it.

rezuth said:
I got one on Hardcore TDM today but as I was getting it some idiot in my team knifed me and stole it. It better not been you!

Edit: I really hate when stuff like that happens, totally ruins the game for me and I can only play shit after it.

That's why I never play Hardcore. I've played a couple Ricochet matches, but I would never even think about playing a mode with teamfire and no penalty.

kuYuri

Choke on the Magic said:

Probably for the same reason the MP44 is in CoD4. It's a joke, a throwback.

Graf Nudu said:
I think the spawning is slightly shit. I understand they don't want to have 4 set-in-stone spawn locations, to (sort of) avoid spawn killing, but at the same time, spawning next to a teammate by default is kind of crap. Too bad it's not a you-can-spawn-at-bases-under-your-control system like Battlefield or a choose-your-spawn-point-within-reason system.

However this did provide me with some moments of hilarity the other night. My teammate just activated his AC-130 in Favela and killed most of the enemy team within a few strikes. Almost ALL of them (at least 5) spawned by the playground near the high street, and I walked right into them, getting the last two kills.

NYR said:
^
UAV_icon.PNG

He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst commentator on YouTube. Not because of what he is saying, just because he is an overall douche who always says he is better then everyone else, and anyone with better stats is a cheater. Not to mention the fact that he starts shit with other commentators for no reason.

Hutch said it best on his YouTube channel:

I find Wings pretty hilarious when he is being a douche (most of the time at least), and I love his gun commentaries. His videos have definitely upped my game.

backflip10019 said:

This is a good thing considering the problems in the PS3 patch that had to be dialed back even though it passed through their certification.

Top Bottom