• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

VALKYRAY said:
i had an below 1 KDR before watching WOR's videos, after aquiring WOR's strategies, my KDR went up to 1.1 in a week. WOR is not an entertainer, he's a teacher
See, but that logic won't work for a more experienced player. I've watched a couple of his videos and a lot of what he says is just kind of common sense to the experienced CoD/FPS player. Obviously, with a K/D under 1, you're not the best player in the world and you probably don't have too much experience with CoD. Maybe his videos are helpful for inexperienced players, but they weren't so helpful for me. Plus, you can't teach pure unadulterated skill. That takes time and practice.

And as far as this aim assist goes, I usually act before it kicks into gear, so I don't notice it either. Maybe when you're just starting out and not as quick with the controls, you can feel it more since you're moving more slowly. I hardly ever notice it (unless there are two enemy players moving in different directions which makes it go out of whack).

moojito

The auto aim is very subtle. If you're standing still for any reason and someone runs across your path you'll notice the camera follow them slightly for a few seconds. In the single player it's really pronounced, so I imagine the guy played that and brought the wide brush out to proclaim the mutliplayer easy mode too.

VaLiancY

I need a new assault rifle, I might go back to the TAR since I'm falling out with the SCAR. Our times were fun but her shallow magazines isn't helping.

Hyunkel6

VaLiancY said:
I need a new assault rifle, I might go back to the TAR since I'm falling out with the SCAR. Our times were fun but her shallow magazines isn't helping.
ACR silenced with stopping power.

VaLiancY said:
Yeah. Shoot. I'm lucky to get four kills out of that thing. If that. This prestige I'm going to get the extendo mags and actually try using them.

Other than that? M to the one to the six.

PS: A baboon's ass is prettier than the TAR. Not that looks count for anything. If they did, the Intervention would be worthless.

VaLiancY

Hyunkel6 said:

I'm ACR'd out. I used it a lot on my last prestige rank and I'm just tired of it if that is possible. I might stick to the FAMAS because I don't see the advantages of the M16A4 but if I miss a burst shot I'm usually screwed in a fire fight. So far my bread and butter guns have been the UMP, TAR and M4A1. I do want to try the AK-47 and give it a fair chance.

VaLiancY said:
I do want to try the AK-47 and give it a fair chance.
I like it a lot. From its raw sound to its ability to take people down with a few rounds, it's awesome.

Has everyone given the F2000 a chance? Can anyone think of why it was included?

VaLiancY

DeuceMojo said:
I like it a lot. From its raw sound to its ability to take people down with a few rounds, it's awesome.

Has everyone given the F2000 a chance? Can anyone think of why it was included

I tried the F2000 last night.

It's bad. Too much recoil and too little damage output. It feels like a submachine gun in the assault rifle category. Ironsights aren't bad but after the 3rd shot it's unwieldy.

GodofWine

Hyunkel6 said:

Silenced AK47 with SP.

Last night, I played one game, a TDM on High rise, I joined mid match, losing 6500-5000, I ran out and got 4 kills...care package...called it in...got it...AC130!!!, rained down hell for 30 seconds, won match, 7500-6700. It was great.

But yea, Silenced AK with SP. Kinda want to try it with Bling and ACOG / Silencer / SP

DeuceMojo said:
Has everyone given the F2000 a chance? Can anyone think of why it was included?

I personally am pretty average with that but I have seen people do very well, think it's understood you need to feather the trigger otherwise it's all over the place. RDS helps as well I think.

GodofWine said:
Silenced AK47 with SP.
What is the big thing with silencers? Do they really keep you off the radar enough to keep from being killed as much? I've never used them for more than a few rounds, I just figure they weaken a weapon and sometimes keep people from knowing they're being shot at.

DeuceMojo said:
What is the big thing with silencers? Do they really keep you off the radar enough to keep from being killed as much? I've never used them for more than a few rounds, I just figure they weaken a weapon and sometimes keep people from knowing they're being shot at.
They're the most useful for select gametypes like S&D, etc, but they're kind of useless in hardcore and ground war considering that in HC, you don't even have a map most of the time and GW is so random and such a clusterfuck that you're bound to be killed by someone somehow anyway.

desu

New PC patch live (from 180 to 182), however people can't connect to IWnet anymore (but maybe their servers are still restarting).

LosDaddie

Banned
backflip10019 said:
See, but that logic won't work for a more experienced player. I've watched a couple of his videos and a lot of what he says is just kind of common sense to the experienced CoD/FPS player. Obviously, with a K/D under 1, you're not the best player in the world and you probably don't have too much experience with CoD. Maybe his videos are helpful for inexperienced players, but they weren't so helpful for me. Plus, you can't teach pure unadulterated skill. That takes time and practice.

Tutorials/vids can only help so much. The real way to get better is to just play more

Synless

Did anyone else have an issue where they collected all the Intel in the game and every level reflects it as well but when you go to stats it says 44/45? How can I fix this? Its the only thing stopping me from getting my paltinum!!!!!

DeuceMojo said:
Yeah. Shoot. I'm lucky to get four kills out of that thing. If that. This prestige I'm going to get the extendo mags and actually try using them.

Four kills with one clip from a SCAR? You got way better aiming skills than I, I'm lucky to get two.

EDIT - You meant four kills before you're completely out of ammo, my reading comprehension is not so good today. :lol

zero margin said:
Four kills with one clip from a SCAR? You got way better aiming skills than I, I'm lucky to get two.

EDIT - You meant four kills before you're completely out of ammo, my reading comprehension is not so good today. :lol
All I know is I've run that thing dry more than any other weapon ever. Seems like after my first reload the ammo number is red and I'm wondering why anyone would ever have just 60 rounds.

Weapons which ammo seem to last a long time:
G18
M16
P90
UMP
Striker
MG4

Weapons that vomit their ammo and leave you high and dry:
SCAR (#1 with a bullet)
AK47
PP2000
TMP
AA12 (although I don't care about this one because the kills are so satisfying)
M19 EBR or whatever that last sniper rifle is called, and that's a damn shame
D.Eagle, which is garbage

Anyone else wonder why the Enfield L85/ SA-80 wasn't included in this game?

VaLiancY

DeuceMojo said:
Anyone else wonder why the Enfield L85/ SA-80 wasn't included in this game?

Because we have joke items like throwing knives and Model 1887. I would've loved to see more Russian weapons like the AN-94 but hey this is Call of Duty: Hollywood Warfare 2.

I'm dying for this patch(I'm playing 360 version). Seriously, everyone is glitching. I don't understand how it's even fun. I just wanna play this game but I can't get into a non glitchfest match.

moojito

DeuceMojo said:

As well as the stealth benefits, silencers reduce recoil on some guns, making a drastic difference to its medium/long range accuracy. The ump is the classic example of this.

eek5

VaLiancY said:
I tried the F2000 last night.

It's bad. Too much recoil and too little damage output. It feels like a submachine gun in the assault rifle category. Ironsights aren't bad but after the 3rd shot it's unwieldy.

It's probably my favorite gun in this game. It works great in close to medium range whereas most SMGs are only reliable in close to closer range. Basically you trade 5% movement speed for being able to kill in the medium range (and sometimes long range)

I use it with iron sights, extended mags, steady aim. Up close I usually hip fire it since the bullet stream is visible and easy to aim. Beyond close range I will burst fire it. At the 3rd or 4th bullet the recoil starts popping up a lot. I like to keep the bursts at 4-5 bullets so that I can try to get the free heatshot on the last bullet (my headshots are 2-3x more frequent on the F2000; ~12% compared to 5% overall and 4% on a lot of weapons) The motion with the trigger reminds me most of trying to drift in Forza :lol The crosshair recenters almost immediately when you let off the trigger so you want to get back on it to keep the bullets going on target. The high rate of fire is great because it will cause more view kick than other weapons which means you'll get hit less or put your opponent's shots off target.

I think most people are coming from weapons like the M4 or ACR where you just hold the trigger down and get kills but the adjustment to the F2000 isn't just that you have to burst fire it, it is realizing that it simply isn't a M4 or ACR. You can't use it like you use the other assault rifles because its strengths are close->medium where the other ARs are medium->long. For me the adjustment was easy because I mostly used SMGs before but found myself running away from encounters too often because I was outranged, now I can handle most confrontations without issue.

At the end of the day though, this gun isn't for everyone.

Video of me using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtzM-eRiSc :D

rodvik

eek5 said:

Nice vid. Couple of observations, I like your kill streak discipline, better than mine, you seem happy to save them until you are done with your tactical situation.

One thing you may want to fix is the "get a kill/ hit reload button syndrome" that I drifted too. I found my play got much better when I deliberately did NOT reload after each kill, very often the tac situation is not done yet and getting caught reloading gets you toasted. Just hold your reloads a few more seconds.

rodvik said:
I found my play got much better when I deliberately did NOT reload after each kill, very often the tac situation is not done yet and getting caught reloading gets you toasted. Just hold your reloads a few more seconds.
Troof. I get capped so many times by reloading the second someone goes down.

VaLiancY said:
No love for the FAL? With a holographic sight, this thing ices everybody.

For some reason I kept getting put into matches on Karachi, one of my least favorite maps. I'd back out only to be put into the same map in a match already in progress lol. I wish Skidrow popped up more often. :D

eek5

rodvik said:
Nice vid. Couple of observations, I like your kill streak discipline, better than mine, you seem happy to save them until you are done with your tactical situation.

One thing you may want to fix is the "get a kill/ hit reload button syndrome" that I drifted too. I found my play got much better when I deliberately did NOT reload after each kill, very often the tac situation is not done yet and getting caught reloading gets you toasted. Just hold your reloads a few more seconds.
Hah. Yeah, I've been working really hard on it especially since I am using extended mags. A couple times I've killed 4 people before mashing on the reload button. Feels so good

I definitely die less running out of ammo while killing someone compared to how often I was getting kileld while reloading though

aku:jiki

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
No love for the FAL? With a holographic sight, this thing ices everybody.
I really like it, but it does kinda suck that you can't use it if your hands are tired (or I can't anyway, can't mash fast enough in close-range situations :lol) and the single-fire nature makes it so much more sensitive to lag than all the other weapons. It's great fun and very satisfying to kill with, but it feels unavoidable that you're volunteering for a disadvantage compared to the folks running around with FMJ ACR's with noobtubes on them. :/

Getting really antsy to unlock the F2000 after all the talk! I didn't hate it last time I tried it, but I was a more disciplined burster then... Then I discovered the ACR and the other lasers and lost that. :(

_Bro

Banned
The FAL with Thermal on Estate is what real assholes use.

The gun would be way easier to use if I could shoot with RB instead of RT. You win this round PS3.

Meier

moojito said:
As well as the stealth benefits, silencers reduce recoil on some guns, making a drastic difference to its medium/long range accuracy. The ump is the classic example of this.
I don't know if it's a side effect of requiring more bullets and the gun straying upwards a bit, but I get a lot more headshots with my silenced FAMAS as well. Silenced PP2000 is the tits too.

Ballistik

I also have that instict of reloading right after killing someone, but the moment I see someone else while reloading, I click the left thumbstick to sprint to cancel the reload and keep shooting.

DMasta718

Banned
Eh. The F2000 is not really a lvl 60 gun to me. I would probably switch the F2000 with the M16 in terms of unlockables. F2000 from my experience is just too unreliable for me. The gun is even worse with a RDS. Should've been a sub machine imo.

KaYotiX

Banned
Meier said:
Am I playing the game wrong by always aiming manually? I never notice any aim assist when playing online..

How can you not on consoles.....if you leave your sight alone and an enemy runs by you ,your gun moves with him LOL. Ive killed alot of ppl in bushes becasue my sight will move and i just shoot.

Oh and i just fell in love with the FAL, first time in 10 days played i actually used it and its my new gun of choice besides the FAMAS

Ballistik

Meier said:
Am I playing the game wrong by always aiming manually? I never notice any aim assist when playing online..
Aim assist has screwed me over many times. I'll be looking at someone at a distance with my assault rifle, and when im about to start shooting.... another enemy crosses between the guy and my bullets and my aim automatically moves towards the second guy while Im trying to fight back my aim to the previous guy!!

KaYotiX said:
How can you not on consoles.....if you leave your sight alone and an enemy runs by you ,your gun moves with him LOL. Ive killed alot of ppl in bushes becasue my sight will move and i just shoot.

Oh and i just fell in love with the FAL, first time in 10 days played i actually used it and its my new gun of choice besides the FAMAS
The 'aim assist' adds a slight bit of sway. Helpful for finding out if someone is there. You're exaggerating greatly if you claim to just be able to press the shoot button and kill someone with the aim assist. It barely does anything.

Meier

KaYotiX said:

Guess it has to do with the fact I am usually ADS. I've seen it move slightly a few times, but it has never helped me get a kill. I always will manually aim...maybe it results in my death when others are more liberable with the aim assist function?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Something I just realized after having watched a ton of videos about this game.

Seems like every single video I find online of people doing well involves them killing people that aren't even prestiged yet.

Wonder how many of them have a low level friend they keep "joining game in progress" to play against lower folks or team up with someone so they play against lower level folks.

There was a video of WingsofRedemption being something like level 9 presitge killing privates...

What gives? I know these guys can earn those scores against better people if I can. I'm guessing it lets them pump out more videos faster?

eek5

DMasta718 said:
Eh. The F2000 is not really a lvl 60 gun to me. I would probably switch the F2000 with the M16 in terms of unlockables. F2000 from my experience is just too unreliable for me. The gun is even worse with a RDS. Should've been a sub machine imo.

The F2000 stays at 30 damage until mid range though if it were a SMG they'd drop the damage off at short range and it would be useless for anything but close range. At mid range you're looking at a 4 shot (or 3 shot with SP) weapon and at 900rpm it is pretty trivial to put someone down even without the "headshot bonus"

RubxQub said:
Something I just realized after having watched a ton of videos about this game.

Seems like every single video I find online of people doing well involves them killing people that aren't even prestiged yet.

Wonder how many of them have a low level friend they keep "joining game in progress" to play against lower folks or team up with someone so they play against lower level folks.

There was a video of WingsofRedemption being something like level 9 presitge killing privates...

What gives? I know these guys can earn those scores against better people if I can. I'm guessing it lets them pump out more videos faster?

It's probably because they have their best games against lower level people. It just comes down to the fact that people don't want to watch a match where somebody only goes 2:1, in fact you'll get a ton of hate for those videos.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is a tool to keep track of what titles and emblems you have? As I near my 3rd prestige, I'm unlocking titles and emblems less and less, and I would like to know what I'm missing in a clean, easy manner so I can unlock my unlockables with efficiency :)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Anyone know if there is a tool to keep track of what titles and emblems you have? As I near my 3rd prestige, I'm unlocking titles and emblems less and less, and I would like to know what I'm missing in a clean, easy manner so I can unlock my unlockables with efficiency :)
There's an iPhone app that does this, but it isn't automatic with your profile or anything, you have to manually tell it what things you've unlocked already.

You put in your rank and level and it'll unlock all the things you'd have at that point, but any objective based emblem/title you have to walk through it and tell it you got em.

I use it and like it a lot...but it costs like 2 bucks or something.

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Well, you can compare your list to this list: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns

I'm not sure of any other method or online tool that you can use.

I have been lately thinking of switching to PC, I kind of grew tired of the controller for fps, there are thousands of kills that I missed because I couldn't aim fast enough, it wasn't a big deal but now its starting to bother me a little bit.

What are the recommended specs for mw2 on the pc? and if someone plays mw2 on both pc and 360 I would appreciate some tips or advice on whether its worth making the switch or not.

Also, Is there any good way to use a mouse instead of the xbox controller and is this considered cheating like a moded controller, can it get you banned?

Anaxagoras said:
I have been lately thinking of switching to PC, I kind of grew tired of the controller for fps, there are thousands of kills that I missed because I couldn't aim fast enough, it wasn't a big deal but now its starting to bother me a little bit.

What are the recommended specs for mw2 on the pc? and if someone plays mw2 on both pc and 360 I would appreciate some tips or advice on whether its worth making the switch or not.

Also, Is there any good way to use a mouse instead of the xbox controller and is this considered cheating like a moded controller, can it get you banned?

There is a PS3 Mouse controller - I don't think there is an Xbox 360 one.

I play this exclusively on PC. Started on PS3 and then moved to PC, it's just so much better to play on PC.

Pros:
+ Mouse and Keyboard (recommended Gaming mouse so you can bind melee, grenade, weapon switch and special grenade to buttons on the mouse)
+ You sit closer to the screen which runs at higher resolution = you can see enemies easier and further way. It makes a big difference even playing on a 50 inch TV from 3 metres
+ Better ping sensitivity - you can change some values in a cfg file to make the 'max' ping 100 and therefore you only get fast games.
+ re: better ping above - if you have that mod to your cfg you get host more often than not, and I'm sure you can appreciate the benefit of host advantage ;)
+ Patches come out straight away because IW run IW.net, so virtually not cheaters / glitchers
+ Steam cloud / online system is free and IMO better than XBL, plus you have a keyboard to type
+ No dickheads shouting abuse down a mic. Hardly anyone really even uses mics on PC

Cons:
- No dedicated servers, but compared to a console it's the same basic system - for me, it's nothing to worry about
- PC's can be expensive
- It's much harder - if you think the consoles are hectic then try PC, the player skill level is so much higher, most of the videos on YouTube I am envious of because that would never happen on PC. Only ever seen 1 nuke and that was from someone using a headshot lock auto aim mod <- that has already been fixed via patches

If you live in Melbourne I'll be happy to put together a PC for you. You'll get something that will run the game at full settings for about $1000 AUD or there abouts.

If not, then get your stuff off NewEGG.com - here are the parts I'd recommend:

Realistically, the graphics card is the most important part.

Motherboard and CPU
If you want to spend more then get this package: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.334337 $254USD
If you want to spend less then get this package: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.334338 $202USD

Both of these deals are good, and I don't expect you to really want to overclock (you don't need to anyway)

RAM - 4GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145 - $89 USD

GFX CARD - ATI 5770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102858 - $179 USD

HDD - WD 640GB 7200RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218 - $69 USD

DVD Burner - SONY Optiarc (you don't and will never use lightscribe)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030 - $25 USD

SAMSUNG 2494HM (don't even think twice about this, hands down the best choice) 24" 1920 x 1080 5ms response
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001337 - $239 USD

Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse (not over the top, great contour and perfect amount of buttons for COD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178 - $45 USD

Razer Arctosa Silver Keyboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114010 - $45 USD

LIAN LI lancool K58W Black (it's hard to recommend a case, but this is a good, low priced case)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112238 - $89 USD

Corsair 400W 400CX (hands down, corsair make the best power supplies, you don't need more than 400W so you get this one)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 -$55

Totals up to $1089 with the faster CPU, or $1037 without. It almost makes no sense to skimp on the CPU in this case.

I think that's a pretty impressive price for a pretty damn well amazing setup with EVERYTHING, case monitor etc etc

xtheEnemy

Banned
Anaxagoras said:

on the PS3 there's the FragFX and FragN'Stein, I don' know if there's a 360 version of those. google it.

and no, it won't get you banned, it's still a controller with 360orPS3 buttons in it.

Top Bottom