• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Cornbread78 said:
Division:

OMFG, I'm from NH and should be offended, but I laughed my a$$ off at this one.

OT: Cornbread, you know you can click "Quote" and it'll automatically create a new post with a quote and put their name in the appropriate place in the quote tag, right? It'll also fix hyperlinks; for example, the hyperlink in your quote doesn't work if you click on it.

Cornbread78

divisionbyzorro said:
OT: Cornbread, you know you can click "Quote" and it'll automatically create a new post with a quote people and put their name in the appropriate place in the quote tag, right? It'll also fix hyperlinks; for example, the hyperlink in your quote doesn't work if you click on it.

you mean like this right? LOL, just a noob move, I always forget to hit the hidden quote button and do more work cutting and pasting... Thanks though!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
So.... started playing this on our work xbox which is really awesome, 4 player split screen. Works a treat.

But it starts to feel really limited compared to say Halo.

I haven't investigated fully and maybe someone here can shed some light, but we can't take 4 players here and go play 4 players playing on another xbox over xbl. But we can with halo?

Does anyone know if this is actually possible, if we sign in with 4 xbl accounts rather than guest accounts maybe we can all go online on the same machine?

LM4sure

Banned
I finally finished the single player and it was pretty awful. Only reason to own this game is because of the multiplayer. Why did IW even bother with the single player mode?

kaizoku

LM4sure said:
I finally finished the single player and it was pretty awful. Only reason to own this game is because of the multiplayer. Why did IW even bother with the single player mode?

why did you bother to make this post?

xtheEnemy

Banned
Failed_Nuke_Story #3

Was on rundown, went 5-0, then switched to hardline class, got 1, switched to danger close class, call in harrier, took 3 guys, then I killed someone by a claymore, hide somewhere, call in chopper gunner. This is where it gets interesting, My chopper gunner keeps moving and moving all around the map, hence i can't get a clear shot on my enemies on the ground, only got 4 fucking kills on that 30seconds.
Then I calm down, got my kills to 22 (Hardline class on), then someone instantly showed up in front of my face so I panic-spray my SCAR, he died and red jelly all over my screen, 23-0, 1 more yay!
and as I was reloading someone just fucking showed up again! FFFUUUU!. I watched the killcam and he was with the guy I just killed, he almost died together with him. :(

Failed_Nuke_Story #4

K, this game is right after the game above, it was on Karachi, same strat as above, got to 23-0 again, then saw a guy killed my teammate then we shoot at each other, then he suddenly prone (so I though he just had last stand) so I stop firing my SCAR to reduce the recoil, and after that I died. The guy had just prone while attacking :( 23-0, another failed nuke attempt.

After that I switched my killstreak to Predator>Harrier>AC130/ChopperGunner, 5 games straight I was in the top 3 with k/d 3/1. I was still bitter though.

After I get that rotating nuke emblem I'll never gonna equip that NUke again, it only brings anger to me.

CozMick

Banned
God damn it the Knife lunging in this game is a joke.

Makes the Energy sword from Halo 2 look tame

I guy is 15ft away, slides across the floor and stabs me while I'm pumping him full of ACR rounds.

Arrrrggghhhh!

CozMick said:

I guy is 15ft away, slides across the floor and stabs me while I'm pumping him full of ACR rounds.

Arrrrggghhhh!
Hahahaha, hilarious. Avoid close quarters combat, dude. :lol I played commando a shitload before I prestiged, meaning I haven't really rocked it for a good like 100 levels. I gotta get back into it. I hear it's absolutely MADDENING with a tactical knife.

Cornbread78

LM4sure said:

Money... and to get suckers that play offline to buy it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
LM4sure said:
IW didn't bother too much with the multiplayer either for what it's worth :lol I've actually heard people talk about looking forward to the next Treyarch version of the game because IW has messed this one up so badly.

I'm very jaded that this game is good despite the developer's attempts to make it bad.

RubxQub said:
IW didn't bother too much with the multiplayer either for what it's worth :lol I've actually heard people talk about looking forward to the next Treyarch version of the game because IW has messed this one up so badly.

SMH. Are there really people who think that Treyarch's rabies-infested shooter was better? Ugh. I played them both to death, and while Treyarch got the peripheral stuff better (better party integration, online stat tracking, local-only matchmaking), MW2 is a much better core experience.

Mileena

Banned
CozMick said:

Arrrrggghhhh!
Yea Commando is a fucking joke. It's the only thing I really just fucking hate about this game, other than Derail.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Care packages are pretty fucking magical. My kill/death ratio has jumped up massively since i started using them. 29-6 here, 36-8 there. Shit is awesome.

I was tearing it up on Terminal so bad today:lol . My favorite map, just for the plane. I was sitting just outside the plane door, waiting for the enemy team to turn left down the hallway. They knew I was there and still couldn't stop me.:lol :lol I had akimbo rangers out, getting headshots like mad. Two headshots with one bullet even! Man, I ripped shit up that round, it was awesome. Couldn't even be bothered to use kill streaks or anything. :lol

Pulka

I had some awesome games before, someone even sent me a message saying that he hopes I like glitching and getting new accounts.

I can't believe how glitchy this game still is. Just played it for the first time in weeks and I think I'm done with this game now. It's just so frustrating. No one plays objectives properly, everyone is just trying to get nukes, and everyone abuses anything they can (glitches, weapons, hidden areas in the maps, etc).

So much wrong with it. Ugh.

ACE 1991

So is there a group of gaffers that (casually) play together? I'm not looking for a hardcore group of people, but I finally popped this game in after not playing it since the first week or two of release and was reminded how much fun it is.

Holy crap, any ETA on the 360 patch to fix the care package glitching? This shit is getting out of hand. Just now me and 2 friends join a game, we win 2-0. Same teams for next map, only this time half the other team care package glitches out the ass and they win. In the lobby they claim they started doing it because we "camped" too much in the last round on Afghan. AKA we played defense :lol

So they glitch us on Karachi and Terminal for wins. Then the map is Rundown and I go 15-0 on offense as we win, none of them were positive. So guess what time is it? RAPID EMERGENCY AIRDROP GLITCH ENGAGED! We had so many choppers and harriers and turrets and constant UAV/counter UAV, it was sick. Needless to say their best guy finished about 15 kills below even and they cried hardcore in the lobby. While it is fun at times to get revenge on glitchers by giving them their own medicine, it's getting old not being able to play a game of Demolition without someone doing the glitch virtually every time.

But who are we kidding anyway? As soon as they patch this method of the glitch, I'm sure 2 more will pop up. Glitches are like cockroaches in this game.

Haven't been playing for the last week or so because all the glitching left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, it's in every gametype, even HC. Please, please, please let me know when they release the patch (360).

It really blows my mind how damn stupid people are that play this game. People that have unlocked the stinger will play an entire friggin match with harriers raining down on them and never destroy them. I didn't really realize just how little people shoot stuff down because when I unlock the stinger I put it on every class and shoot everything down the second it arrives, especially harriers. 3 more levels...

FerranMG

Finally got my very first nuke! :D

I was playing this afternoon with UMP+silencer, OMA, Cold blooded and Ninja, and another class with the same setup but Danger close instead of CB.

The idea was to get 7 kills for the Harrier, then hide, switch to the danger close class, get 4 free kills with the Harrier, get the Chopper at 11, and magically get 14 kills with it.

I got the 7 kills a couple or three of times, but got killed shortly after without being able to deploy the Chopper.
So eventually I gave up, and said fuck it, I'm gonna play without planning things so much and to have fun.

We start Afghan, I get 7 kills quickly, hide, Harrier, AC130 and, with it, I started massacring people who were outside the bunker. With the very last missile, I kill 3 people and *bing*, nuke! :D

I start mashing right on the d-pad, win the game, and notice I finished the match 25-0. :lol
I was so very excited and happy! People were going crazy about it on the lobby. Best MW2 moment ever! :D:D:D

KaYotiX

Banned
Last Stand is VERY annoying especially if you play on Hardcore......nothing worse than downing a guy with last stand to have him one shot your ass.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Holy crap, any ETA on the 360 patch to fix the care package glitching? This shit is getting out of hand. Just now me and 2 friends join a game, we win 2-0. Same teams for next map, only this time half the other team care package glitches out the ass and they win. In the lobby they claim they started doing it because we "camped" too much in the last round on Afghan. AKA we played defense :lol

So they glitch us on Karachi and Terminal for wins. Then the map is Rundown and I go 15-0 on offense as we win, none of them were positive. So guess what time is it? RAPID EMERGENCY AIRDROP GLITCH ENGAGED! We had so many choppers and harriers and turrets and constant UAV/counter UAV, it was sick. Needless to say their best guy finished about 15 kills below even and they cried hardcore in the lobby. While it is fun at times to get revenge on glitchers by giving them their own medicine, it's getting old not being able to play a game of Demolition without someone doing the glitch virtually every time.

But who are we kidding anyway? As soon as they patch this method of the glitch, I'm sure 2 more will pop up. Glitches are like cockroaches in this game.

Which is the exact reason I am changing to BC2 as soon as it comes out.

VaLiancY

I went into Final Stand and killed five people last night and won the game for my team.

I know the opposing members where foaming from the mouth with rage because of that. :lol

DeuceMojo said:
Hahahaha, hilarious. Avoid close quarters combat, dude. :lol I played commando a shitload before I prestiged, meaning I haven't really rocked it for a good like 100 levels. I gotta get back into it. I hear it's absolutely MADDENING with a tactical knife.

Actually tac knife cancels out commando so dont waste commando with tac knife.

I agree though, commando is like an automatic 3rd tier slot for me all the time.

diehard

Fleer
Lionheart1827 said:
Actually tac knife cancels out commando so dont waste commando with tac knife.

I agree though, commando is like an automatic 3rd tier slot for me all the time.
This is not true, did testing myself.

aku:jiki

dIEHARD said:
This is not true, did testing myself.
Yup. As posted before, I think I spread this misunderstanding on GAF and sorry, I take it back again!

Normal knife = medium lunge.
Tactical knife = no lunge (sometimes, rarely, it will lunge but I think that's a glitch).
Normal knife + Commando = insane teleportation lunge.
Tactical knife + Commando = normal knife range, maybe slightly less, only quicker and with no downtime.

aku:jiki said:
Yup. As posted before, I think I spread this misunderstanding on GAF and sorry, I take it back again!

Normal knife = medium lunge.
Tactical knife = no lunge (sometimes, rarely, it will lunge but I think that's a glitch).
Normal knife + Commando = insane teleportation lunge.
Tactical knife + Commando = normal knife range, maybe slightly less, only quicker and with no downtime.
Still wrong. TacKnife + Commando gives it ridiculous range. I was knifed from 10 feet away today.

And NOTE TO ALL MW2 PLAYERS: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING THERMAL SCOPE ON SNIPERS. We get it, you can't snipe for shit. Stop using it.

Quick question, if I play mw2 on a good pc will the frames per second go as high as the computer can handle or are they limited to 60 max as the 360?

KaYotiX said:
Last Stand is VERY annoying especially if you play on Hardcore......nothing worse than downing a guy with last stand to have him one shot your ass.

Always make sure you keep shooting them when they are down. This is the super old strategy for COD4. I don't get the last stand crying here... it's been around since COD4 and it was easy to deal with then too.

RubxQub said:

I'm very jaded that this game is good despite the developer's attempts to make it bad.

I would go backwards to MW1 before I ever went forward to a new Treyarch game.

This2x4Skeleton

Neo Member
Last Stand is pretty ridiculous though.
Several times now I've had to shoot people 3 times with my Striker WITH stopping power because of it.
Once to send them into last stand and TWO more shots after.

On a positive note, while I was on my first prestige I was going for all the pro perks so I was using last stand. Someone dropped me and I quick scoped him in the face, got the nice death animation where he clutches his face and falls to the ground, his face right in my crotch. And then another one runs in right after him and I quick scoped him too, and finally I got one more snipe on some other guy in the distance. Good stuff.

Also. I enjoyed WaW quite a bit.
Also. I enjoyed MW2 campaign quite a bit.
Also. How has the care package glitch not been patched yet? After hearing people bitch about it for weeks I've started experiencing it myself now. Doesn't really bother me, I just leave. But still.

On another note I just shot down two harriers with 1 stinger missile. And also got my first 2 for 1 snipe today.

I've actually been playing a lot better after finally not giving a fuck anymore about the bullshit. I'm checking out Akimbo 18's for the first time. May as well embrace it. but I still refuse to use thermals. Extended my longest killstreak to 20. Nuke, here I come.

OldJadedGamer said:
Always make sure you keep shooting them when they are down. This is the super old strategy for COD4. I don't get the last stand crying here... it's been around since COD4 and it was easy to deal with then too.

This. A thousand times this.

You guys are right about the commando/tac knife thing, however I have read some people saying that it increases the distance, and I just tested with my bro and it DOES NOT increase distance. It simply just gives you commando lunge with tac knife.

Honestly, I dont get why people bother with tac knife running classes. They aren't versatile at all. I'd take a UMP with marathon + lightweight + commando class over that any day.

kaizoku

Lionheart1827 said:
You guys are right about the commando/tac knife thing, however I have read some people saying that it increases the distance, and I just tested with my bro and it DOES NOT increase distance. It simply just gives you commando lunge with tac knife.

Honestly, I dont get why people bother with tac knife running classes. They aren't versatile at all. I'd take a UMP with marathon + lightweight + commando class over that any day.

with tac knife its easier to clear out groups of 4 people before they even know whats hit them. probably more.

if you know how to run with a tac knife and your opponents aren't using the right load outs or maybe you're host or something - you become practically god-like. tac knife runner on favela was the only time I ever felt completely owned by someone and I've been trying to unlock tac knife for one of the pistols ever since.

Nizz

kaizoku said:
with tac knife its easier to clear out groups of 4 people before they even know whats hit them. probably more.

if you know how to run with a tac knife and your opponents aren't using the right load outs or maybe you're host or something - you become practically god-like. tac knife runner on favela was the only time I ever felt completely owned by someone and I've been trying to unlock tac knife for one of the pistols ever since.
Easy way to get tac knife fast: once you unlock the Magnum, when you play again use the default class that has the Magnum with tac knife. Every kill you get with that counts towards you getting the kills you need for using tac knife with Magnum in your custom class.

Try it. After matches, check your Magnum challenges and you should see the kills going towards the goal of tac knife as an attachment. I did this and had the tac knife in no time.

*edit* To be clear, what I meant was every kill you get with the Magnum in the default class (shooting and/or knifing) goes towards the goal of the tac knife attachment.

kaizoku said:

Yeah well favela is the exception and I can see it be useful on that since its so close, but even then I rip apart those knifers easily with my UMP class. Whatever floats ye boat!

ZeroRay

I can count with one hand how many times I died from a player with last stand.

What pisses me off is some asshole teammate getting my kill.

jiien

Lionheart1827 said:
Yeah well favela is the exception and I can see it be useful on that since its so close, but even then I rip apart those knifers easily with my UMP class. Whatever floats ye boat!

Knifers can (and probably are) carrying UMPs too. In fact, I think the best skill a person knifing can have is knowing which weapon to have out as you speed around the level taking random (or not so random) turns here and there. Having a general sense of where your enemies are, where they might pop out, and what direction they are moving is something you gain over time, and a knifer can use it to great advantage by knowing which weapon to use at any given time.

Swag

Tried out this killstreak setup today

Predator Missile -> Attack Helicopter -> AC 130

Made it with the sole purpose of getting to AC 130, worked out pretty well. I've never been able to get past a streak of 7~8, but when the chips fall together I was up to 16. Was using Hardline of course to get to Predator faster.

Any tips on surviving long enough to get to the 11 kills killstreaks? I'm more of a run and gun type of person, not a big fan of camping.

ACE 1991

Anaxagoras said:
Quick question, if I play mw2 on a good pc will the frames per second go as high as the computer can handle or are they limited to 60 max as the 360?

high as you can handle, it's not locked.

jedimike

Sebulon3k said:
Any tips on surviving long enough to get to the 11 kills killstreaks? I'm more of a run and gun type of person, not a big fan of camping.

You pretty much answered your own question... camp a bit more often. Other than that, memorize spawn points and know that when you kill someone they will spawn fairly close to you (in FFA anyway).

ACE 1991

ACE 1991 said:
So is there a group of gaffers that (casually) play together? I'm not looking for a hardcore group of people, but I finally popped this game in after not playing it since the first week or two of release and was reminded how much fun it is.

Also, is there a group of tight knit players? I would love to get in on that :D

Swag

jedimike said:
You pretty much answered your own question... camp a bit more often. Other than that, memorize spawn points and know that when you kill someone they will spawn fairly close to you (in FFA anyway).

:(, I was hoping that I could do it without having to camp, oh well. I've noticed that whenever I do camp I always get someone coming back to try to own me several times. Need to get a combination of camping / moving I suppose.

Nelo Ice

Banned
just played like 10 straight games of tdm against care package glitchers and they failed o so miserably as i i routinely got at least 25+ kills and around 11 or less deaths :lol

also i called em out on it and one guy responded saying he wasnt glitching...yeah he just got alot of care packages and went into an obscure spot on the map with the rest of his team for no reason :lol

btw whats with everyone complaining about last stand? i usually kill em before they can even react so i rarely get killed by it

aku:jiki

OldJadedGamer said:
You've made a few posts that imply that you play this game exactly like you would COD4, but guess what, this is a pretty different game! You HAD to expect it in COD4 because the only green perks people used were Martyrdom and Last Stand. You HAD to run away from every corpse because the Martyrdom chance was 50% or more, and the same went for Last Stand.

With Ninja Pro and Commando in the mix, this is not true anymore. You can never have any idea when to expect it, and spending double ammo on every target you encounter is a fantastic way to make sure you never get a high streak, which by the way, is the focus of MW2 even if it wasn't the focus in COD4 and isn't the focus for you personally.

Lionheart1827 said:
Uh, you do know that tac knife is not a primary weapon, right dude? If you see a runner with the handgun out in the wrong place he is either crappy at being a knifer, or he had the gun out because you run faster with it equipped and he wasn't expecting you there.

Nelo Ice said:
btw whats with everyone complaining about last stand? i usually kill em before they can even react so i rarely get killed by it
How many times do we have to explain this? It's not the actual guy in Last Stand - it's the fact that he ruins the flow of your attack and his buddies get you when you're thrown off by him not dying.

I guess those of you who just don't get this never flank or something, I dunno, but it's a pain in the fucking ass when you've spent a long time laying low to learn where their spawn is, thinking out a good flanking strategy and working your way around while carefully checking every corner for counter-flankers. It's such an incredibly disappointing and lame way for a strategy that was otherwise great to fall.

And, no, just spraying a boatload of bullets at every target you come across is a shitty solution. Without Scavenger, you're already carrying too little ammo to reach a 10-kill streak with your primary. And, again, I get that some of you are just playing COD4 with new weapons and maps, but many of us like what IW did with the killstreaks and for us they are the goal of the game.

(This whole Last Stand annoyance might actually be less of a problem if the character model selection wasn't random each time you spawn. If we could recognize the guy with LS and know to pump more bullets into him, I might be cool with it.)

Top Bottom