• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Sealda

Banned
aku:jiki said:
SPAS is one my primary weapons (along with UMP, ACR, FAL and the tactical knife USP) and this is simply not true. You suck at aiming shotguns dude, sorry. :lol

ADS, in my experience, seems to increase range. And supposedly putting a grip on a shotgun is supposed to be akin to using Steady Aim - not just lower recoil but it will control how the pellets are spread out. This kind of behind-the-scenes stuff is what I want to know.

I really don't like the fact that so many people preach this. Come on now, don't spread the plague! Teach people how to nuke while playing in a way that's fun for the opposite team too - it is very possible and does not take enormous skill.

One thing you can do instead of camping is to flank. That's how I earned all 12 of my nukes, as I'm a heavy flanker who basically knows no other strategy.

Say you're playing Demolition. Allow them to blow one bomb site up, then figure out where their spawn is in relation to the second bomb site. They will be running from there to the bomb site, obviously, and at the most one guy will head the opposite direction. Get in behind them, take the one flanker out and then enjoy getting a 5 killstreak by shooting the rest of the team in the back.

Once you have killed all of them or at least a few, head back in the direction you just came from (but use an alternate path) and do it again. Voila, you have a Harrier and from there on out a nuke is mostly luck unless you're crazy good at the game.

Well i got my nuke in 2 weeks (actually uploaded a youtube video of it filmed with sucky a webcam which has soon 9000 views, it was like one of the first vids of the nuke emblem) after the games release. I just wanted to get it as fast as possible, i have never since then used the Nuke in my KS setup. Its just stressful and not fun. So for me i did it not because i liked it but because i liked having the emblem and just wanted to get it ASAP.

When i say camp i do not mean that you start the match by running to a camp spot. First get the 5 killstreak by playing normally. What i mean is that once you get the harrier you should not risk being killed since the harrier will get you your kills.

Yes i have noticed the demolition flanking. Like you say, demolition is the an easy mode to get the enemy into banzai mode. In my case i do not play demo that often, but i discovered the flanking thing when i was on the team that got totally destroyed, it was on terminal and the last bomb site was above the escalators. We kept spawning just below them and the enemy absolutely crushed us. It was possible to run around the map, towards the airplane. But once you got out of the airplane you ran into their spawn site. I like flanking, but it was way too much enemy spawning going on. Even with silencer it was hard to go unnoticed.

Its maybe fun to flank in demo. But getting a 5 kill streak should not be a problem in any game mode. But yeah, if you know what your doing i am sure you can kick serious ass in demo by flanking.

A bad thing with demo. is that the matches can end way too early. If you get a chopper gunner its a big risk that you will mow them down to the point where they just cannot dismantle or plant the bomb.

Xux

This kind of behind-the-scenes stuff is what I want to know.

This guy and his forums has a bunch of people researching stuff. Not really a short read but there's a lot of interesting stuff.

COD Wiki is also pretty clean of hearsay if you wanna dredge through all of the useless facts in each gun's trivia section.

Fuck, I am so fucking sick of the care package glitch. Out of the 6 games that I managed to get through this morning without pulling out my fucking hair, ALL 6 of them had care package/e-drop glitchers in them. I am sick and tired of joining a game mid-way through and dying immediately 4 or 5 times due to glitched AC-130s, Harriers, Stealth Bombers and Chopper Gunners. Seriously, fuck that. How the fuck can this be taking so goddamn long to fix? This is fucking unacceptable. Can you imagine what this game would have been like if the Javelin glitch had lasted as the care package glitch is? I'm boycotting MW2 until this shit is fixed.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
backflip10019 said:
It's a glitch to use care package...what?

And the biggest problem with Last Stand is that it seems to take more bullets to kill them in Last Stand than what it took to put them down. 2 bullets to put them down, half the fucking clip to kill them again.

jedimike

SpeedingUptoStop said:
It's a glitch to use care package...what?

People have found a way to get infinite care packages and emergency drops after they earn the first one. So essentially they can stay back away from the action and get tons of kills.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
And the biggest problem with Last Stand is that it seems to take more bullets to kill them in Last Stand than what it took to put them down. 2 bullets to put them down, half the fucking clip to kill them again.

It depends on how quickly you hit them after they get into final stand. I use final stand on one of my classes and 7 out of 10 times you don't have a chance to do anything. When the enemy gets into last stand, they are still seeing red... it will only take one more bullett at that point. Often, people reload too quickly which gives the enemy time to recover in final stand. Once they are recovered it takes the normal amount of bulletts from your gun to kill them.

Sealda

Banned
OMG i have not gotten into a normal 4 bar game in like 30 minutes. It all started with host-quitting after i got 12 kills with an AC130. Then it has been lag, lag lag lag lag. So annoyed.

It seems like the servers are overloaded because its saturday.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
this game is so bizarre sometimes. every now and then I have a completely awful set of games where I'm like 3 for 15 or something crazy like that. I end up not being able to shoot shit and even when I try to stab, it seems like I can be next to someone, stab them and end up missing somehow and then I get owned.

on days like this, I hate this game. I can only blame it on playing with people from shit places like america! damn yanks!!

This2x4Skeleton

Neo Member
Just played four matches in a row with care package glitching. FOUR. IN A ROW.

Who knows how long it would've went on had I not just turned off the xbox and left.

Pulka

It’s a shame that Modern Warfare 2 has been rife with hackers, glitchers, cheaters, boosters, mods, and all sorts of unscrupulous goings-on virtually since release. Even worse is the fact that nothing seems to be done about it by the powers that be (a patch that takes weeks to be certified just leaves the problems to fester).

One problem that has been prevalent is modded ‘10th Prestige Lobbies’ which enables users who join one of these special lobbies to get an enormous amount of points-per-kill and reach 10th prestige within a matter of a few games.

Well, this news from XBOX Live head of Policy and Enforcement, Stephen Toulouse AKA ‘The Pro’, is music to our ears. In a post on the official Xbox forums The Pro addresses the cheaters with a clear message that people who have obtained prestige in Modern Warfare 2 illegitimately, will be given suspensions from Xbox Live. The guys running these lobbies will be permanently banned.

The Pro – “ATTENTION MW2 CHEATERS (and you know who you are)

People who have obtained prestige illegitimately, will be given suspensions. People soliciting other people to gain prestige (whether for free, or for points) will be permanently suspended.

To all those users who are attempting to play MW2 without cheating, please have faith. Hang in there, because the cheaters are being caught and the game will be patched.

p.s., it doesn’t matter if you gained 10th prestige, 2nd, or 1st: illegitimate gameplay = suspension”

http://www.mw2blog.com/modern-warfare-2-prestige-cheaters-to-be-suspended-from-xbox-live/

VaLiancY

Relating to that, someone sent me a message over Xbox Live about that. Twice. Here it is.

omg! i just got 7th prestige from (CoD10th for cheap) for 800 MSP . he is starting up a lobby soon msg me and ill get u in

I pity the person who actually paid for something like this.

VaLiancY said:
Relating to that, someone sent me a message over Xbox Live about that. Twice. Here it is.

I pity the person who actually paid for something like this.

During the final 3 days that I actually played this game, I had around 10+ messages about the prestige glitch, to me, I laugh at the people doing it but it really isn't what broke this game.

jiien

I really don't like the fact that so many people preach this. Come on now, don't spread the plague! Teach people how to nuke while playing in a way that's fun for the opposite team too - it is very possible and does not take enormous skill.

One thing you can do instead of camping is to flank. That's how I earned all 12 of my nukes, as I'm a heavy flanker who basically knows no other strategy.

Say you're playing Demolition. Allow them to blow one bomb site up, then figure out where their spawn is in relation to the second bomb site. They will be running from there to the bomb site, obviously, and at the most one guy will head the opposite direction. Get in behind them, take the one flanker out and then enjoy getting a 5 killstreak by shooting the rest of the team in the back.

Once you have killed all of them or at least a few, head back in the direction you just came from (but use an alternate path) and do it again. Voila, you have a Harrier and from there on out a nuke is mostly luck unless you're crazy good at the game.

Yeah, see, the problem is that most people that ARE nuke hunting are nowhere near good enough to actually get a nuke without camping (and even then, they're usually still so bad that camping doesn't get it for them).

There are better ways to spend your time in this game than trying to get a nuke.

But yeah, play modes like Demolition, where you're more likely to get a bunch of idiots that can't coordinate, won't go ColdBlooded/Launcher at the first sign of a CG/AC130, and can't shoot ONE person that is obviously going for that streak. I pretty much play TDM exclusively, and I can tell when playing Ground War, Demo, modes like that, that the average player skill is much lower.

KaYotiX

Banned
Killstreaks messed MW2 up....all it does is make people camp more and not bother with objectives.

Seriously....why join an objective type then sit in a few spots?? (oh yeah, HE NEEDZ His Nukez)damn game. BC2 cant hit soon enough for me.

ph15h

Neo Member
So... I let my friend play the PS3 version while his 360 was out of commission. -_- I come back to play and I see my message list full of friend requests and a bunch of "INF CRATE CHEATER"

-_- I coulda swore they patched that out of the game. I learned my lesson: don't let my glitch/cheat prone friend use my ps3 to play online again. Especially with my account.

Sealda

Banned
Been playing all freaking day.

Had 100 kills to go this morning and now i need 23 more to get the Prestige 10 COD4 symbol. Spectre VI. It really feels like some COD god do not want me to get it tonight. (its close to 11 PM here) I have been at 10 kills like 5 times and 2 times my PSN logged me out while i was in the AC130! Worst thing was that my internet connection broke for like 1 second so i got logged out. But i could still keep playing till a couple of minutes later when it shut down the game for me. Also 1 time i got the "out of memory" bug. I deleted a PSP game in case it indeed was the HD.

CozMick said:
Elevator glitch is fixed on PS3, so this is now invalid.

No it's not. I just played a domination game on Derail earlier today and the other team was doing it.

They almost succeeded but I shot their ass while they were still going up. Then I just camped around the propane tank and sure enough, they went back to it.

Edit: For people who don't believe me, I sent a nice message to this glitcher after the match. :lol

PSN gamertag: TP-10-YannicBozz

Mileena

Banned
I cannot find a Demolition game without a bunch of scrubs abusing the care package glitch. Fuck this game right now, you fucking suck IW.

kaizoku

I actually welcome the care package glitch right now cos it makes getting cold blooded pro so much easier. I need to unlock that before the patch :lol

never ran into anyone using the elevators though. and that invisible glitch was ridiculous, who would bother doing that?

Tamanon

Banned
So this game has been insanely addicting. Especially since I finally started experimenting with light machineguns instead of just using the FAMAS. Still blow with the Sniper rifle, had ONE entire kill with it.:lol

Can't wait until I open up a better rocket launcher though. Working on my Cold-blooded pro.

As a ratio whore that was let down by IW's lack of stat breakdowns for this game I have taken to writing down my total kills/deaths so I can work out my daily KD ratio.

Yesterday - 670-206 (3.25)

Today - 352-99 (3.55)

whitehawk

Banned
Why does IW want me to be host. Whenever it picks me as host, EVERYONE disconnects. Yet the game decides it wants me as host many more times. Luckily I'm only host 15% of the time, but it's annoying as hell when it happens.

Also, just had some great games.

22-0
58-12
:D :D

kaizoku said:
I actually welcome the care package glitch right now cos it makes getting cold blooded pro so much easier. I need to unlock that before the patch :lol

never ran into anyone using the elevators though. and that invisible glitch was ridiculous, who would bother doing that?

Yeah the elevators are still in the game. Every domination game on derail (if I spawn by A) I use my runner class and make a beeline to the propane tank by taking the frozen river path.

Sometimes the glitchers are really fast at doing the elevator, because by the time I make it over there someone is sniping on the mountains looking straight ahead at B.

Jrmint

SPAS is one my primary weapons (along with UMP, ACR, FAL and the tactical knife USP) and this is simply not true.
Honestly I just hip fire shotguns, so I very rarely aim them, and that is what made me have those results. With SP it basically always was a 1 hit fired from the hip, and not so otherwise, again most of the time. That is just my personal experience.

On another subject, I really cannot decide if I like the AK-47. I really want to like it, I am just a little mixed on it. Doesn't feel as powerful as the TAR which is like my favorite AR, with about the same amount of recoil. Can someone help me love this gun more? Granted it is a lot better with a silencer I think.

kaizoku

huacst21 said:
Yeah the elevators are still in the game. Every domination game on derail (if I spawn by A) I use my runner class and make a beeline to the propane tank by taking the frozen river path.

Sometimes the glitchers are really fast at doing the elevator, because by the time I make it over there someone is sniping on the mountains looking straight ahead at B.

see I'm real petty and always keep an eye on someone who is doing really well on the opposite team and either hunt them down or find out why they're doing so well.

so if anyone was doing this and kicking ass I would know about it. never seen it, hope I never do. is it effective?

Swag

How do people counter players that use the RPG as their main weapon, keep running into people that don't use anything but RPG

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Sebulon3k said:
How do people counter players that use the RPG as their main weapon, keep running into people that don't use anything but RPG
Aim for the head and keep moving.

There's really not much you can do, but those people don't have long life expectancies.

jonezer4

Spinning Plates said:
As a ratio whore that was let down by IW's lack of stat breakdowns for this game I have taken to writing down my total kills/deaths so I can work out my daily KD ratio.

Yesterday - 670-206 (3.25)

Today - 352-99 (3.55)

I can't decide whether to say you have no life because of how ridiculously high your K/D is, or because you sit down and plot it out on a daily basis. Probably the latter.

I know this is an overdone topic, but who at IW thought that the Grenade Launcher should only take up a gun attachment? All this OMA BS wouldn't have occured if they either made it so that:

A) The Grenade Launcher takes up the Secondary weapon slot (and thus could not be combined with OMA)
B) The Grenade launcher takes up the Blue Perk, meaning it can't be combined with OMA or Scavenger.

Meier

Finally decided to make a OMA build for my primary AR set-up with claymores. Works pretty well. :)

Set up a 5-7-9 KS and ended up getting up to a 26 person kill streak so I was 28-1.. host quit out though. :(

jonezer4 said:
I can't decide whether to say you have no life because of how ridiculously high your K/D is, or because you sit down and plot it out on a daily basis. Probably the latter.

Who said anything about ploting it out? It only take a minute to do.

I go into barracks and write down what my total kills/death are after the last game of the day then do the same thing the next time and subtract the previous total.

I guess I have no life. My K/D ratio is about 5.35 or so. Mostly from playing ground war. It was almost 6.0, but it's hard maintaining that kind of a ratio playing search & destroy. I camp like a bitch with the famas + red dot sight. Use scavenger/claymores/aa-12 (or akimbo 1887s depending on my level) to hold down my camp spot. Harrier/Pave Low/Nuke for my kill streaks. Pretty sure I'm everything GAF hates about this game. I never thought of tracking my daily K/D ratio and I'm a ratio whore...don't give me ideas lol

Been playing MAG lately and have a measly 2.0 K/D ratio though =/

Ovid

So I fixed my PS3 today and decided to play MW2 again after moving to the 360 version two weeks ago. Man, these people suck ass compared to the 360.

Ballistik

Woo! I had a great day today. 3 nukes!! and I also went 80+ in a couple of games. Which brings my total to 6 nukes.. but ugh, the moment I see someone doing the care package glitch or boosting, I go after them, no matter how many deaths it takes me. :/ Makes me mad..

Hyunkel6

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
I guess I have no life. My K/D ratio is about 5.35 or so. Mostly from playing ground war. It was almost 6.0, but it's hard maintaining that kind of a ratio playing search & destroy. I camp like a bitch with the famas + red dot sight. Use scavenger/claymores/aa-12 (or akimbo 1887s depending on my level) to hold down my camp spot. Harrier/Pave Low/Nuke for my kill streaks. Pretty sure I'm everything GAF hates about this game. I never thought of tracking my daily K/D ratio and I'm a ratio whore...don't give me ideas lol
Wait, I was under the impression that pavelows do not count towards killstreaks? I read about that a lot time ago though. Has it been patched?

Meier said:
How many kills do you have? I just can't even fathom how that's possible.

On my phone. That's to the 5.3 guy.

18,813 kills, 3,521 deaths, and a 5.34 K/D ratio. 1,145 headshots, 1,636 assists, 33 kill streak, 19 win streak, 869 wins, and 507 loses. 6 days and 11 hours time played and just about to prestige for the 3rd time =/

Hyunkel6 said:
Wait, I was under the impression that pavelows do not count towards killstreaks? I read about that a lot time ago though. Has it been patched?

Yeah, they do count. There is a bug that causes them to not count once in a while. Think it has happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Top Bottom