• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nelo Ice

Banned
aku:jiki said:
How many times do we have to explain this? It's not the actual guy in Last Stand - it's the fact that he ruins the flow of your attack and his buddies get you when you're thrown off by him not dying.

I guess those of you who just don't get this never flank or something, I dunno, but it's a pain in the fucking ass when you've spent a long time laying low to learn where their spawn is, thinking out a good flanking strategy and working your way around while carefully checking every corner for counter-flankers. It's such an incredibly disappointing and lame way for a strategy that was otherwise great to fall.

And, no, just spraying a boatload of bullets at every target you come across is a shitty solution. Without Scavenger, you're already carrying too little ammo to reach a 10-kill streak with your primary. And, again, I get that some of you are just playing COD4 with new weapons and maps, but many of us like what IW did with the killstreaks and for us they are the goal of the game.

(This whole Last Stand annoyance might actually be less of a problem if the character model selection wasn't random each time you spawn. If we could recognize the guy with LS and know to pump more bullets into him, I might be cool with it.)

i havent really noticed it being a problem when flanking and i can get a high killstreak just fine :lol the thing that pisses me off when flanking or just in general is the spawning system which likes to conveniently spawn ppl that me or a team mate just killed right by my spot

also unless u have a specific build i stick scavenger on almost all of my classes since i run out of ammo any other way especially when im on a prolonged killstreak or am pinned down

Uh, you do know that tac knife is not a primary weapon, right dude? If you see a runner with the handgun out in the wrong place he is either crappy at being a knifer, or he had the gun out because you run faster with it equipped and he wasn't expecting you there.

Yeah I know but whenever I see somebody they are constantly running around with tac knife and hardly ever switch to their primary. I usually take note of the gamertag of knifers so I can alert my buddies. They rarely stand a chance. They either try to knife me or just run at me like an idiot. Rarely they will get me. Its usually either I knife them before they get close or I just shoot them straight on.

Swag

Am I using One man Army wrong? I pick a different class but I still get the "You class will be changed on your next death message"

And, no, just spraying a boatload of bullets at every target you come across is a shitty solution. Without Scavenger, you're already carrying too little ammo to reach a 10-kill streak with your primary. And, again, I get that some of you are just playing COD4 with new weapons and maps, but many of us like what IW did with the killstreaks and for us they are the goal of the game.

Wait... you mean that MW2 isn't COD4 with new weapons/maps/killstreaks? Could have fooled me. My goal is to get the most kills to help my team if I do that on my own or get killstreak awards it doesn't matter to me. I would be happy playing if every single killstreak was removed.

Again, as I stated I play Hardcore so one bullet and you are dead. So plugging two or three into a guy isn't really going to break the bank there on ammo but I can see what you mean by regular deathmatch.

Swag

So silly of me :lol, started using One Man Army and camping more. First match I get an 18 kill streak lol. Great Advice thanks

quadrax1s

Neo Member
Last Stand is so stupid. I pretty much kill a guy then my asshole teammate decides to take my kill, or for some reason no one kills the guy until later and I don't even get an assist out of it. Then you have those Last Stand assholes who kill themselves so no one gets a kill. Although I must admit watching people crawl around in Last Stand is pretty funny :lol

Insaniac

so ran in to a fair amount of care package glitchers... thing is, every one was a domination game and everyone our team (the non-glitching one) won.

had a lot of fun shooting down all their harriers and pavelows

Insaniac said:
so ran in to a fair amount of care package glitchers... thing is, every one was a domination game and everyone our team (the non-glitching one) won.

had a lot of fun shooting down all their harriers and pavelows

People seem to bring all their shitty playing to domination matches. CP glitchers are everywhere. Assholes who are just there to rack up kills and ignore objectives. Everyone decides to try to earn their nukes in domination games. At least the later tend to stay out of ground war matches. Too bad those tend to be rife with glitchers still.

Last stand is shitty and needs to be removed from the game completely. I'm not sure why anyone who is decent would think otherwise. The invulnerability they get when they fall is just plain broken. The perk does almost nothing to benefit the user, and it does nothing but punish whoever outplayed[killed] them.

Wthermans

Banned
I don't have any problems with Last Stand. As someone else said, it was so prevalent in MW1 that it's easy to counter in MW2. I actually enjoy running into people using Final Stand/Last Stand since it's pretty much a free headshot.

Xux

DMasta718 said:
Eh. The F2000 is not really a lvl 60 gun to me. I would probably switch the F2000 with the M16 in terms of unlockables. F2000 from my experience is just too unreliable for me. The gun is even worse with a RDS. Should've been a sub machine imo.

I dunno...I think a spot switch with the ACR would be much more balanced and provide an more even progression to me.

IMO, at least.

DRE Fei

I haven't encountered too many people using last stand, but it sure as hell is annoying. On the other hand, if they removed the invincibility frames wouldn't that make it completely useless as a perk? I'm not sure how they can fix it. It's basically the same argument I have regarding commando, except commando pro would still be really great.

Mileena

Banned
quadrax1s said:
Last Stand is so stupid. I pretty much kill a guy then my asshole teammate decides to take my kill, or for some reason no one kills the guy until later and I don't even get an assist out of it. Then you have those Last Stand assholes who kill themselves so no one gets a kill. Although I must admit watching people crawl around in Last Stand is pretty funny :lol
Yea that's the worst part about it. Final Stand is even worse because they can come back to life after you "kill" them.

Kholdstare

The worst part is when you down someone from a distance and they fall out of cover. So you throw a flashbang or stun grenade only to find it can't kill them because they're in final stand.

quadrax1s said:
Then you have those Last Stand assholes who kill themselves so no one gets a kill.
:lol

I did that all the time back when the game first came out. It's so satisfying to kill the person who shot you, then throw a sticky grenade at your side to take out yourself and anyone in your proximity. I've actually got a game winning kill that way.

Pulka

Kholdstare101 said:
The worst part is when you down someone from a distance and they fall out of cover. So you throw a flashbang or stun grenade only to find it can't kill them because they're in final stand.
Stuns and flashes can kill in final stand.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I've been obsessed with killing people by hitting them with grenades/stuns when they're in final/last stand and they haven't died, kinda confusing me.

I aim at their body so it hits them, but it doesn't kill em, I'v done it once before, just wanted to do it this prestige. Guess you have to get it bang on or while they're red or something.

The invincibility thing they have is a pain in the ass, last stand should not be a perk! although I have to remind myself that when I use last stand it gets me nothing so its not some kind of almighty power perk. Its most annoying when you use something like SCAR or UMP which has small mags. I usually shoot bursts until I see the +50/+100 sign, people going down doesn't stop me. So I keep shooting cos I don't see the numbers and then I have to reload and it costs me a kill cos someone will finish them off or occasionally I'll get nailed.

with the FAMAS or M16 though I would own Last stand people almost everytime.

tried using the FAL this prestige and I find myself liking it now! Whats a good FAL load out? never paid attention to it before.

Swag

Dra-Q said:
fixed. Those poor bastards run for their lifes :lol

Chopper Gunner > AC 130.

Funny thing is whenever I'm on a team and an AC 130 is called in, there's a simultaneous "Holy Shit they have AC 130!?!? Everyone run inside Go Go! :lol" But there is never anything like that for Chopper Gunner even though the Copper Gunner tends to get more kills if allowed to run the full 30 seconds

I seem to have underestimated the emergency airdrop. There's lots of good stuff in it and if you share it with your team you get a lot of points. Even more than you could achieve e.g. with a Harrier who makes one kill but gets shot down by some enemy..

Sebulon3k said:
Chopper Gunner > AC 130.

Funny thing is whenever I'm on a team and an AC 130 is called in, there's a simultaneous "Holy Shit they have AC 130!?!? Everyone run inside Go Go! :lol" But there is never anything like that for Chopper Gunner even though the Copper Gunner tends to get more kills if allowed to run the full 30 seconds
AC130 generally can't penetrate building structures, Chopper Gunner rips through ANYTHING. :lol

cdyhybrid

AC-130 is terrible on Wasteland. 99% of the time the other team either spawns or camps at the chopper and you can't fucking aim your guns there unless you happen to have a good angle (rare).

aku:jiki

Btw.

SPAS = GOD >³ 1887s FMJ akimbo-bullshit

In 95% one hit is one kill with it. And with the extra grip and FMJ it's even better. I use it as my second weapon on my runner class (for clearing rooms) and my sniper class (because no one doesn't get mid close to me so I could use a G18 or anything similar).

Graf Nudu said:
Btw.

SPAS = GOD >³ 1887s FMJ akimbo-bullshit
Agreed! I'm pretty glad the community hasn't discovered the SPAS yet, cause it'll be the next shotgun to be nerfed once they do. It can one-hit from almost the same distance as prepatch Models!

Graf Nudu said:
In 95% one hit is one kill with it. And with the extra grip and FMJ it's even better. I use it as my second weapon on my runner class (for clearing rooms) and my sniper class (because no one doesn't get mid close to me so I could use a G18 or anything similar).
I've heard some people claim that Grip is actually bad for shotguns. The argument was something like it widens the spread (to give you a better chance at some pellets hitting people if you pull a bad shot, I guess) which means it has much less range and less damage concentration for clean hits (leading to damage markers and not kills). Anyone know if that's true? I don't think my aim is good enough for me to really notice a difference. :lol

Is there like a list somewhere that sorts out all this stuff that isn't mentioned anywhere in-game, like things like this and the fact that M16 Holo has much better accuracy?

Sealda

Banned
Just discovered Hutch podcast Host Migration. Had no idea there were podcast for MW2^^. Very happy, perfect to listen to while your playing.

CozMick

Banned
This isn't a complaint but daaaaaaaamn the majority of peoples connections must be abysmal.

I get host 95% of games with a 20mb download and 768kb upload connection.

No wonder P2P gaming is mainly a lag-fest.

Sealda said:
Just discovered Hutch podcast Host Migration. Had no idea there were podcast for MW2^^. Very happy, perfect to listen to while your playing.
Oh god, I can't believe I've gotten nerdy enough to think this sounds awesome, but it does! :lol

What kind of stuff does he talk about on it?

Graf Nudu said:
I think for the M16 Holographic there's been a video on youtube with some guy testing and confirming it.
Exactly, would be cool if someone somewhere had compiled a list and made some charts out of info like this.

Sealda

Banned
Oh god, I can't believe I've gotten nerdy enough to think this sounds awesome, but it does! :lol

What kind of stuff does he talk about on it?

Exactly, would be cool if someone somewhere had compiled a list and made some charts out of info like this.

Right now they are 3 guys (incl. Seananners) and they are talking about how battling in Pokemon has a lot of strategic depth...:lol

Hey guys, I'm struggling to get my second Nuke.

It doesn't help that I've only been able to play a few days in the last month (work), but it's the time I have to work with and I'd like to finally Prestige...but I'd rather get the title/emblem unlock for the nuke before restarting.

what gameplay types are people finding most conducive to locking in those kill streaks? or other advice?

my KS rewards are set up with the typical predator > harrier > Gunner and worked before.

Sealda

Banned
Since someone asked for nuke tips. I can post this monstrous text i wrote to a guy on my friend list who wanted tips. It was sent via mail, not via PSN (LOL).

First off.

Predator, Harrier and Chopper Gunner.
You can switch Harrier to Pavelow if you want a more secure nuke. But since it req. 9 kills it will be harder to get. But its better to know you have a greater chance at a nuke than if you went with the Harrier.

The harrier might get you to 12-13 kills. Then the chopper gunner takes over.
The pavelow can get you to 15-16 kills. Then you will have less kills to go with the chopper gunner.

If you play Demo or CTF save your Predator missile/Harrier/Gunner if your close to end of the period. Since CTF and Demo has 2 periods. Its easy to get like 3-4 kills with a predator if you use it in the beginning of round/period 2. Then everyone will spawn at the same time in the same spot.

Do not put up your Chopper Gunner till your Pavelow or Harrier are done. Otherwise they will compete for the kills!

CAMP! CAMP CAMP!, once you get pavelow or harrier hide in a bush and just wait till you get gunner. You can even start hiding when you get predator missile, then you will get 1-2 kills hopefully with it.

Do not camp at the same spot, but play very defensively, that is, stay out of the hotspots. Silencer can be useful.

My kit for nukes were like this:

M4A1 Silenced
Stopping Power Pro
Sleight Of Hand Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Sleight of hand pro will get you aim down the sights faster! That means if you and your enemy sees each other at the same time, you will have a huge advantage since you can start shooting through the sights quicker because you have Sleight Of Hand Pro! Basically see it like a western movie duel where you can pull your gun faster than the other guy! Of-course you should start shoot before you have him in your sights, but it will definitly benefit you if you have Sleight Of Hand Pro since you will be able to shoot through the sights faster!

Maybe not your style but a really cheap class is:
One Man Army
Danger Close
Grenade Launcher
Random 3 perk
Claymore!

Everytime you choose one man army you will be able to refill you grenade launcher and claymore! That means that you can place 2 claymores at the same time, and then shoot unlimited with grenade missiles. Since you have danger close the grenades will have a larger explosion! Also, if you get Danger Close Pro your killstreak rewards will have higher explosive damage! That is crazy good for Predator, Chopper Gunner, etc.

I never did nukes with this and i just discovered it. There is a guy on youtube who went like 110 kills 5 deaths with it! Basically he sat in a good camp spot and placed claymores and just shoot grenades!

Also the best map for nuke is Wasteland. Stay on the same side as the destroyed tanks and the church. There you can with Sniper or lets say silenced FAMAS camp like crazy. Also wasteland is great because its open and no where to hide from chopper gunner and AC130.

Do not use anything else than Stopping Power!

Ehm, that is like all i can think of right now.

Also my sensitivity is very high, right now 10. But when i got my nukes i had like 7-8. You should try higher sens. if you have low! It will make it faster for you to aim at the enemy. Of-course do not go directly to 10 or 9, go slowly, start with 1 bar higher then climb as you get used to it.

Jrmint

Graf Nudu said:
Btw.

SPAS = GOD
I agree if you have SP on. Without SP most of the time they are not a 1 hit kill. On my first prestige I used SP till level 25 for Cold Blooded and they were great, but after getting rid of SP they rarely killed in 1 hit, and it is too slow with the pump action to kill with more than 1 hit I think.

Xux

Agreed! I'm pretty glad the community hasn't discovered the SPAS yet, cause it'll be the next shotgun to be nerfed once they do. It can one-hit from almost the same distance as prepatch Models!

I've heard some people claim that Grip is actually bad for shotguns. The argument was something like it widens the spread (to give you a better chance at some pellets hitting people if you pull a bad shot, I guess) which means it has much less range and less damage concentration for clean hits (leading to damage markers and not kills). Anyone know if that's true? I don't think my aim is good enough for me to really notice a difference. :lol

Is there like a list somewhere that sorts out all this stuff that isn't mentioned anywhere in-game, like things like this and the fact that M16 Holo has much better accuracy?

ADSing widens the spread but it doesn't reduce range. Grip lowers recoil which isn't really a problem since the SPAS shoots so slow so its more useless than anything.

Sealda said:
Since someone asked for nuke tips. I can post this monstrous text i wrote to a guy on my friend list who wanted tips. It was sent via mail, not via PSN (LOL).

First off.

Predator, Harrier and Chopper Gunner.
You can switch Harrier to Pavelow if you want a more secure nuke. But since it req. 9 kills it will be harder to get. But its better to know you have a greater chance at a nuke than if you went with the Harrier.

The harrier might get you to 12-13 kills. Then the chopper gunner takes over.
The pavelow can get you to 15-16 kills. Then you will have less kills to go with the chopper gunner.

If you play Demo or CTF save your Predator missile/Harrier/Gunner if your close to end of the period. Since CTF and Demo has 2 periods. Its easy to get like 3-4 kills with a predator if you use it in the beginning of round/period 2. Then everyone will spawn at the same time in the same spot.

Do not put up your Chopper Gunner till your Pavelow or Harrier are done. Otherwise they will compete for the kills!

CAMP! CAMP CAMP!, once you get pavelow or harrier hide in a bush and just wait till you get gunner. You can even start hiding when you get predator missile, then you will get 1-2 kills hopefully with it.

Do not camp at the same spot, but play very defensively, that is, stay out of the hotspots. Silencer can be useful.

My kit for nukes were like this:

M4A1 Silenced
Stopping Power Pro
Sleight Of Hand Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Sleight of hand pro will get you aim down the sights faster! That means if you and your enemy sees each other at the same time, you will have a huge advantage since you can start shooting through the sights quicker because you have Sleight Of Hand Pro! Basically see it like a western movie duel where you can pull your gun faster than the other guy! Of-course you should start shoot before you have him in your sights, but it will definitly benefit you if you have Sleight Of Hand Pro since you will be able to shoot through the sights faster!

Maybe not your style but a really cheap class is:
One Man Army
Danger Close
Grenade Launcher
Random 3 perk
Claymore!

Everytime you choose one man army you will be able to refill you grenade launcher and claymore! That means that you can place 2 claymores at the same time, and then shoot unlimited with grenade missiles. Since you have danger close the grenades will have a larger explosion! Also, if you get Danger Close Pro your killstreak rewards will have higher explosive damage! That is crazy good for Predator, Chopper Gunner, etc.

I never did nukes with this and i just discovered it. There is a guy on youtube who went like 110 kills 5 deaths with it! Basically he sat in a good camp spot and placed claymores and just shoot grenades!

Also the best map for nuke is Wasteland. Stay on the same side as the destroyed tanks and the church. There you can with Sniper or lets say silenced FAMAS camp like crazy. Also wasteland is great because its open and no where to hide from chopper gunner and AC130.

Do not use anything else than Stopping Power!

Ehm, that is like all i can think of right now.

Also my sensitivity is very high, right now 10. But when i got my nukes i had like 7-8. You should try higher sens. if you have low! It will make it faster for you to aim at the enemy. Of-course do not go directly to 10 or 9, go slowly, start with 1 bar higher then climb as you get used to it.
thank you much for the tips.

I've actually never played CTF or Demolition. I think it'll be fun to finally try out. I also need to do more One Man Army. :D

thanks again.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Funny how the same thread has mostly bitching about how killstreaks and campers ruin the game and then people talking about nuke hunting and how best to camp and abuse the things we hate the most! :lol

Go ahead and camp but know that I fucking hate you and will hunt you down!!!!!

One guy got a nuke against me yesterday, he said before the game he was gonna try for a nuke. then he just camped on afghan in all the little hiding places where you can peek a tiny bit of you gun out and basically be invisible to everyone whilst having a clear view down choke points. I think everytime I've been nuked it's been on this map by similar douchebag players, but the most annoying thing was my team mates just rushing in like idiots over and over again so he can get easy kills. Rushing outside when he has air support up and so on, so annoying. Complete failure to flank was also annoying.

I even said on the mic to my team multiple times "this guy has 16 kills, make sure you hide from his air support or he will get a nuke", "he's on 20 and he's camping up the hill, don't just rush out there". Totally fucking ignored.

Skel said:
I agree if you have SP on. Without SP most of the time they are not a 1 hit kill. On my first prestige I used SP till level 25 for Cold Blooded and they were great, but after getting rid of SP they rarely killed in 1 hit, and it is too slow with the pump action to kill with more than 1 hit I think.
SPAS is one my primary weapons (along with UMP, ACR, FAL and the tactical knife USP) and this is simply not true. You suck at aiming shotguns dude, sorry. :lol

Xux said:
ADSing widens the spread but it doesn't reduce range. Grip lowers recoil which isn't really a problem since the SPAS shoots so slow so its more useless than anything.
ADS, in my experience, seems to increase range. And supposedly putting a grip on a shotgun is supposed to be akin to using Steady Aim - not just lower recoil but it will control how the pellets are spread out. This kind of behind-the-scenes stuff is what I want to know.

Sealda said:
CAMP! CAMP CAMP!
I really don't like the fact that so many people preach this. Come on now, don't spread the plague! Teach people how to nuke while playing in a way that's fun for the opposite team too - it is very possible and does not take enormous skill.

One thing you can do instead of camping is to flank. That's how I earned all 12 of my nukes, as I'm a heavy flanker who basically knows no other strategy.

Say you're playing Demolition. Allow them to blow one bomb site up, then figure out where their spawn is in relation to the second bomb site. They will be running from there to the bomb site, obviously, and at the most one guy will head the opposite direction. Get in behind them, take the one flanker out and then enjoy getting a 5 killstreak by shooting the rest of the team in the back.

Once you have killed all of them or at least a few, head back in the direction you just came from (but use an alternate path) and do it again. Voila, you have a Harrier and from there on out a nuke is mostly luck unless you're crazy good at the game.

Top Bottom