• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Ballistik

Hyunkel6 said:
Wait, I was under the impression that pavelows do not count towards killstreaks? I read about that a lot time ago though. Has it been patched?
All killstreaks earned, including the pave low, count toward your killstreak, except for anything you get in care packages.

Mileena

Banned
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
I guess I have no life. My K/D ratio is about 5.35 or so. Mostly from playing ground war. It was almost 6.0, but it's hard maintaining that kind of a ratio playing search & destroy. I camp like a bitch with the famas + red dot sight. Use scavenger/claymores/aa-12 (or akimbo 1887s depending on my level) to hold down my camp spot. Harrier/Pave Low/Nuke for my kill streaks. Pretty sure I'm everything GAF hates about this game. I never thought of tracking my daily K/D ratio and I'm a ratio whore...don't give me ideas lol

Been playing MAG lately and have a measly 2.0 K/D ratio though =/
It all makes sense. Not hard to have a great k/d playing like a vagina.

rezuth

Ballistik said:
All killstreaks earned, including the pave low, count toward your killstreak, except for anything you get in care packages.
Awww, sheeiiit. I wish someone told me that a long time ago. I was starting to think my game was glitched. :lol :lol

Yeah... anyone who has above a 4 ratio plays only for the ratio and nothing else. And they probably suck if they had to play for real. What's the fun in that?

If I see you, I WILL destroy you

FromTheFuture said:
Yeah... anyone who has above a 4 ratio plays only for the ratio and nothing else. And they probably suck if they had to play for real. What's the fun in that?

If I see you, I WILL destroy you

Just curious what your definition of "playing for real is"? Would I be better if I tried to die more? Run in every room like I don't have shit to live for guns blazing?

Btw, I think I'm pretty damn decent at the game. And I'm not just playing for ration. I've always been a camper. That is how I have fun playing. Guess I need your definition of fun also.

Just curious what your definition of "playing for real is"? Would I be better if I tried to die more? Run in every room like I don't have shit to live for guns blazing?

Btw, I think I'm pretty damn decent at the game.
Moving around / not camping does not equate to dying. I almost never camp and I maintain a great ratio. I've run into rooms guns blazing and killed everyone in them. Maybe I'm just good at games. I don't know. But sure, if you can't do that, you could resort to being that annoying guy in the room that doesn't move an inch until the game ends. But that's the chickenshit's way to play. To each his own, i suppose.

Have fun ruining everyone else's game.

FromTheFuture said:
Moving around / not camping does not equate to dying. I almost never camp and I maintain a great ratio. I've run into rooms guns blazing and killed everyone in them. Maybe I'm just good at games. I don't know. But sure, if you can't do that, you could resort to being that annoying guy in the room that doesn't move an inch until the game ends. But that's the chickenshit's way to play. To each his own, i suppose.

Have fun ruining everyone else's game.

lol so hostile. campers must be hated more than people running hacks and moded controllers

I love the guy who camps on the racks right at the loading dock on Scrapyard. So many free FMJ kills from these kids. So don't hate them, just let them be sweet, sweet XP.

lol so hostile. campers must be hated more than people running hacks and moded controllers
Nope. All the same. Hackers hack cause they suck, cheaters cheat cause they suck, you camp cause you suck.

Swag

Any tips for wanna-be snipers? I always had a stigma when sniping was involved but after trying it I realised how easy it is to hit people.

Currently I have the WA2000 equipped with silencer, thinking of switching to the Intervention though.

KaYotiX

Banned
18,813 kills, 3,521 deaths, and a 5.34 K/D ratio. 1,145 headshots, 1,636 assists, 33 kill streak, 19 win streak, 869 wins, and 507 loses. 6 days and 11 hours time played and just about to prestige for the 3rd time =/

stats like that and only a third prestige??

So, this is where I'm at as of just signing off right now.
Photo0565.jpg

Sebulon3k said:
Any tips for wanna-be snipers? I always had a stigma when sniping was involved but after trying it I realised how easy it is to hit people.

Currently I have the WA2000 equipped with silencer, thinking of switching to the Intervention though.
First I just want to say that using an Intervention makes you feel like a badass. Fantastic gun, one of my favorites. Single handedly made sniping a lot more fun for me personally.

Otherwise, I would suggest Intervention or the Barrett. WA2000 is alright. EBR is good for beginners.

Anyway:

If you want to be a running sniper (not just sitting in one spot whole game, lots more kills, fun as hell)

Perks:
  1. Sleight of Hand Pro (Great for reloading under high pressure, godsend for quick scoping)
  2. Stopping Power Pro (Self explanatory), Cold Blooded Pro
  3. Anything here. I personally prefer Ninja Pro. Steady Aim would be my second choice. Never get Scrambler. Ever.

I'd suggest a Heartbeat Sensor for a running sniper, or Thermal Scope if you would prefer. Let me just say that HBS on a sniper class is a godsend.

• Play with a higher sensitivity if you're not already. I'd recommend 4 or higher. There's something about the game that if you move the cross hair across a target quickly, you're more likely to get a shot. Useful for quick scoping.
  • Go around the edges of the map. Never engage say, in the middle of a large fire zone.
  • Stay at a decent range when shooting, move very deliberately.
  • Practice, practice, practice. You'll get better and better from just playing, and playing smart.

If you want to be a camping sniper (More safe, requires less skill/work, less kills)

Perks:
  1. Scavenger, Bling Pro (Maybe a Thermal, HBS. Silencer can help, but the lessened range rapes your potential for killing)
  2. Stopping Power, Cold Blooded
  3. Steady Aim Pro, Ninja

• Grab a Claymore if you're using Scavenger, place them correctly and people will get really angry hunting you down.
  • Be VERY careful once you kill someone. They'll know where you are, so try to move around slightly and take everyone out before they take you out.

That's all i can think of right now. Just play it and keep trying it out. I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time.

ACE 1991

Sebulon3k said:

I really like the Intervention equipped with the ACOG scope. I used it a few times in our matches together, and it's great for some quick one shot one kills granted you have stopping power equipped.

Swag

Thank you very much for the advice, I'll try it out now :D

ACE 1991 said:
I really like the Intervention equipped with the ACOG scope. I used it a few times in our matches together, and it's great for some quick one shot one kills granted you have stopping power equipped.

I was using the WA2000 when we were on Wasteland, I had a silencer on it though. Was wondering why people weren't dying in one shot

Sebulon3k said:

I was using the WA2000 when we were on Wasteland, I had a silencer on it though. Was wondering why people weren't dying in one shot
Yeah, I used to use silencers cause I didn't want anyone to see where I was. If you use sniper rifles without silencers after using one, you'll easily see that it hampers your kill potential by a lot.

My brother really likes the Intervention for sniping (and just bought a replica airsoft version) but I tend to go for the Barrett with FMJ and Stopping Power. I'd really recommend it. And for fun I'm using the ultra weak M21 sniper with a silencer. Has basically no recoil so that's a plus. No one shot kills unless they're headshots though. =\

And the AC130 emblem? I have no clue. Wasn't trying to get it on purpose, just got it one day. My guess would be AC130 final kill or getting like 500 kills or something with it. I think they've got sites up with the info on how to get emblems and stuff though but I'm not familiar with any.

ACE 1991

Sebulon3k said:

I believe the WA2000 does less damage than the intervention, but I could be wrong.

grap3fruitman said:
My brother really likes the Intervention for sniping (and just bought a replica airsoft version) but I tend to go for the Barrett with FMJ and Stopping Power. I'd really recommend it. And for fun I'm using the ultra weak M21 sniper with a silencer. Has basically no recoil so that's a plus. No one shot kills unless they're headshots though. =\

And the AC130 emblem? I have no clue. Wasn't trying to get it on purpose, just got it one day. My guess would be AC130 final kill or getting like 500 kills or something with it. I think they've got sites up with the info on how to get emblems and stuff though but I'm not familiar with any.
Intervention is a really fun gun to use. Stats wise, it's identical to the Barrett, so it's up to personal preference.

Also, the AC130 angel flare emblem is awarded for game winning kill with an AC130.

whitehawk

Banned
Man, I am LOVING the FAMAS. Why didn't anyone tell me about this gun? With stopping power, its basically a one shot kill, and theres little to no recoil. My KD ratio keeps going up.

I just played a game on scrapyard and got 2 chopper gunners :D Sadly the first one was short lived, only got 7 kills out of it before it was shot down.

xtheEnemy

Banned
Spinning Plates said:
As a ratio whore that was let down by IW's lack of stat breakdowns for this game I have taken to writing down my total kills/deaths so I can work out my daily KD ratio.

Yesterday - 670-206 (3.25)

Today - 352-99 (3.55)

What's your current overall ratio ?

Swag

FromTheFuture said:
Intervention is a really fun gun to use. Stats wise, it's identical to the Barrett, so it's up to personal preference.

Also, the AC130 angel flare emblem is awarded for game winning kill with an AC130.

Your right Intervention is awesome! I'm working towards getting that AC 130 award, going to save it for when we're 6800 :lol

Sebulon3k said:
Your right Intervention is awesome! I'm working towards getting that AC 130 award, going to save it for when we're 6800 :lol
Yeah, I don't know what it is about the Intervention that makes it so awesome. I always used to be a Barrett user because I just felt it was superior to all other sniper rifles (and it probably is), but there's something downright magical about that Intervention. It got me really into sniping. Sorry for all the Intervention pimping, honestly it just really changed sniping for me as a whole. Love it.

Good luck with the sniping and AC130.

Nelo Ice

Banned
harriers are quite fun

just had a game of tdm and we were at 65 kills or so and had the game in hand then all of a sudden my whole team just calls in harrier after harrier with a total of 4 harriers being launched with like 4 kills left(they did take them down) and for overkill i got my ac130 which was the game winning kill :lol

Swag

Nelo Ice said:
harriers are quite fun

just had a game of tdm and we were at 65 kills or so and had the game in hand then all of a sudden my whole team just calls in harrier after harrier with a total of 4 harriers being launched with like 4 kills left(they did take them down) and for overkill i got my ac130 which was the game winning kill :lol

Jealous! I was pretty close to getting my emblem, the AC 130 missile was about hit this guy for the final kill. Then someone knifes him, I was so pissed :lol

Belfast

Most games are played with rules. How pissed would you be if you were playing basketball, and some dude just sat in the corner of the court for the whole game and threw pebbles at you while you tried to score baskets. Or the rest of your team for that matter, who are trying to win the game.

If you're playing FFA or TDM or something like that. Fine, camp. The objective there IS to kill and not be killed. But that's not the goal of most of the other modes, and if you're sitting back just taking potshots at people, you're not helping your team generally.

Now, there are cases where that doesn't matter in terms of affecting the outcome, but I've also encountered games of Domination or whatever where the other team, or several of its members, have a fantastic KDR ratio for the match, but they still don't actually win.

Belfast

Also encountered a *very* strange match on the PC version tonight.

It was Rust in Domination mode. Not only was it Rush in Domination, but it was Rush in Domination in GROUND WAR.

On top of that, the goal score was set for 10000 and most people had scores in the multiple hundreds.

Hacked servers, maybe? It was like an 18-person boosting session!

desu

Wtf? That sounds like a perfect setup for leveling weapons xD. Since Rust ist in the map cycle of Domination (eh well as far was I know) thats rather suspicious.

On my 360 account, once I unlocked the ACR I fell in love. I never wanted to leave it behind. I couldn't fathom prestiging and leaving it behind. Then I went from the 360 version to the PS3 version (the involuntary prestige) and have finally just unlocked the ACR after a couple weeks of playing...
Meh, I like the M16 so much more now.

No real point other than it's neat the way our playing style changes over time. I'm sure the people who have prestiged 6 times are more aware of this than I.

Since my XBL Gold membership is now over and I have no desire to pay for a new one and I wanted to quit MW2 for the time till they finally patch the whole shit, I'm off this game.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Yeh there's no other conclusion for serial campers other than they're pathetic losers! I despise them. When I see a team mate camping I wish I could kill him myself. Just makes you look like a coward who cares more about stats than playing the actual game.

Team deathmatch is not solo deathmatch or whatever, the mechanic is not just "get the best killdeath ratio". The core mechanic is team based firefight so things like moving in packs, cordoning off areas of the map and defending against assaults as a team. Watching each others backs, clearing corners together, flanking the pack of enemies.

Holing yourself up in some area breaks that mechanic and that's probably why it works. You might be helping my team win but you're not contrbuting to my gaming experience are you? I came to play TDM not see who can get the most kills.

I hate when guys on my team get nukes, you just ended my game and you probably camped like a bitch to do it! Some team mate you were if I never even saw you besides when I saw you cowering in your corner.

But this is just the way some people are, it's just a shame more than anything. I can't imagine you'll get a game where you don't get eople being selfish like that, it's not just a COD issue.

kaizoku said:
But this is just the way some people are, it's just a shame more than anything. I can't imagine you'll get a game where you don't get eople being selfish like that, it's not just a COD issue.

But with those killstreaks behaviour like this gets even rewarded. Why should I help my team saving a flag, when I need one more kill to get me a chopper gunner..

Top Bottom