• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
yup

mw2stats.jpg

With a W/L like that, people are giving you shit about camping?

All very impressive, assuming you aren't "dashboarding out" of bad games ;)

kaizoku said:
I came to play TDM not see who can get the most kills.

If you came to play TDM, by definition you came to see who got the most kills.

xtheEnemy

Banned
kaizoku said:
Yeh there's no other conclusion for serial campers other than they're pathetic losers! I despise them. When I see a team mate camping I wish I could kill him myself. Just makes you look like a coward who cares more about stats than playing the actual game.

Team deathmatch is not solo deathmatch or whatever, the mechanic is not just "get the best killdeath ratio". The core mechanic is team based firefight so things like moving in packs, cordoning off areas of the map and defending against assaults as a team. Watching each others backs, clearing corners together, flanking the pack of enemies.

Holing yourself up in some area breaks that mechanic and that's probably why it works. You might be helping my team win but you're not contrbuting to my gaming experience are you? I came to play TDM not see who can get the most kills.

I hate when guys on my team get nukes, you just ended my game and you probably camped like a bitch to do it! Some team mate you were if I never even saw you besides when I saw you cowering in your corner.

But this is just the way some people are, it's just a shame more than anything. I can't imagine you'll get a game where you don't get eople being selfish like that, it's not just a COD issue.

:lol

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
foomfoom415 said:
Not saying it's not impressive, but I wish people like him would stay the hell away from domination.

also there are only 3 people left on the opposition when the nuke goes off.

I really don't get leaving when someone gets a nuke.

I got the most shameful nuke yesterday for nuke #8. We were playing Domination on Invasion, and winning handily. I was running the Infini-Tube kit (which I usually do when nuke-hunting on that map, since it's easy to spot people from far off, they tend to funnel down narrow alleys, and there are plenty of safe places to shell Bravo). My CG got me to 20-0 before being shot down.

We had Charlie, they had Bravo and Alpha, but we had the score advantage to where we only needed one flag to win. So I sat in Charlie and blindly shelled Bravo over and over again to get my last 5 kills. I felt soooooo dirty, but we were gonna win anyway (the score when the nuke went off was 195-165).

kitch9

Banned
kaizoku said:
Yeh there's no other conclusion for serial campers other than they're pathetic losers! I despise them. When I see a team mate camping I wish I could kill him myself. Just makes you look like a coward who cares more about stats than playing the actual game.

Team deathmatch is not solo deathmatch or whatever, the mechanic is not just "get the best killdeath ratio". The core mechanic is team based firefight so things like moving in packs, cordoning off areas of the map and defending against assaults as a team. Watching each others backs, clearing corners together, flanking the pack of enemies.

Holing yourself up in some area breaks that mechanic and that's probably why it works. You might be helping my team win but you're not contrbuting to my gaming experience are you? I came to play TDM not see who can get the most kills.

I hate when guys on my team get nukes, you just ended my game and you probably camped like a bitch to do it! Some team mate you were if I never even saw you besides when I saw you cowering in your corner.

But this is just the way some people are, it's just a shame more than anything. I can't imagine you'll get a game where you don't get eople being selfish like that, it's not just a COD issue.

Fucking wow....... I still haven't had it properly explained how camping can exist in this game when there's a killcam.

Sealda

Banned
kitch9 said:
Fucking wow....... I still haven't had it properly explained how camping can exist in this game when there's a killcam.

Seriously.

Lets say a guy sits behind a door. He waits 20 seconds. A players runs by and he shoots him in the back. 10 seconds later another player runs by and he shoots him in the back. The first player he has killed has now respawned. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP! That means he will have to fight his way back to the campers place. Maybe he dies on the way, maybe he makes it. But once he is at the campers place, the camper has already moved to a different location. The location is just like the first location but 20 metres away. There the whole story repeats itself.

Just because we have kill-cam does not mean camping can still exist. It is still camping if you move every 2 minute to a different place. As long as you are still camping its still camping.

Its freaking harder to camp in a house for a whole match than it is to move very slowly and always sit behind a door, or in some bushes waiting and waiting till 1 or 2 players rush by. Then move to a different location. Those are the campers who are hard to nail down. Heck it takes great skills to sit in one of the bunkers in Afghan the whole match. Since everybody knows you are there after 1-2 kills you will get a hard time defend it.

Sealda

Banned
By the way here is a video of me getting the Spectre IV challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIEfUOPs3Y4

Notice the last stand fiasco in the end of the video.
I quick scopes a guy 2 times with a Intervention with Stopping Power up close when he has already gotten 1-2 hits on me. What happens: He has last stand and kills me! That is so BS. First of the fact that i manage to hit mark him 2 times when he stands 10 m from me and has managed to get a couple of shots at me and he still gets me because of Last stand. No wonder i hate Last stand(ers)

yamo

I suppose it's not possible, but before I pay $400 for a xbox360 and Modern Warfare 2 I might aswell ask. Is it possible to play the pc game togheter with my 360 friends?

Pulka

lilljolle said:
I suppose it's not possible, but before I pay $400 for a xbox360 and Modern Warfare 2 I might aswell ask. Is it possible to play the pc game togheter with my 360 friends?
No.

xtheEnemy

Banned
lilljolle said:

no.

Unless they have the PC Version as well. :D

Draft

kitch9 said:
You never will, man.

This is a fact: any FPS with high damage weapons (going all the way back to CS and perhaps beyond) will have dudes crying about campers. Some people learned how to FPS in DOOM or Quake or Unreal, and they will never, ever accept game design that rewards positioning over raw reflex.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
has anyone else notcied that when you run up to a sentry gun whilst holding a riot shield it doesnt get damaged?

test_account

XP-39C²
Can anyone here please check how much space all the Modern Warfare 2 updates takes on the Xbox 360 harddrive? I tried to find it with searching on Google, but i couldnt find anything :\

test_account said:
Can anyone here please check how much space all the Modern Warfare 2 updates takes on the Xbox 360 harddrive? I tried to find it with searching on Google, but i couldnt find anything :\
You should be able to check yourself if you go through your Dashboard and got to see how much space it' taking under Memory.

test_account

XP-39C²
Verboten said:
You should be able to check yourself if you go through your Dashboard and got to see how much space it' taking under Memory.
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i dont have a Xbox 360, so i cant check for myself :\ But thanks for the tip anyway, i appreciate the help! :) I am just wondering how much space the Xbox 360 version of MW2 updates takes compared to how much space the PS3 version MW2 update takes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
kaizoku said:

YEAH THERE'S NO WAY WE CAN LOSE IF I GO 50-100!!

Racking up kills, no matter how many deaths it takes you, is not the way to win. The game rewards killstreaks and why is that? Because it's idiotic to run into gunfights, get a kill or maybe two, often none, and die.

It's likely your teammate who got the nuke was not cowering in a corner the entire game. It's not possible to sit in one spot the entire game and get 25 kills in a row. There's a kill cam. It's just not happening if you're not an idiot.

If your teammate is constantly moving, predicting where the opposing team will move to, pick them off methodically, he's playing HIS game properly. There are plenty of different ways to play the game. It's why there's Stopping Power and Cold Blooded. There's no definite way to play this game so stop crying.

On a similar note, I like people who sit in one corner the entire game. It means they'll get maybe 5 kills max or end up tasting a Semtex the next time around.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
rezuth said:
Why does it seem like players on PSN are much worse than XBL?
Free vs paid, I presume. Crazy Hardcore mofos
AKA children with parent's money and a lot of free time
pay for their online gaming while any old loser can hop on PSN.

For the record, I'm a XBL dude.Not really biased either way, just sayin'.

Az

rezuth said:
Why does it seem like players on PSN are much worse than XBL?

You play on both?

Anyway, 95% of people don't even watch their killcams when playing. People can't wait to get back into the game.

Pulka

TheAzRim said:
You play on both?

Anyway, 95% of people don't even watch their killcams when playing. People can't wait to get back into the game.
If you see them when they kill you, why watch the killcam?

jedimike

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
18,813 kills, 3,521 deaths, and a 5.34 K/D ratio. 1,145 headshots, 1,636 assists, 33 kill streak, 19 win streak, 869 wins, and 507 loses. 6 days and 11 hours time played and just about to prestige for the 3rd time =/

I'm impressed! I don't care what play style you choose... stats like these are insane. Is this on PS3 or 360?

I assume you play mostly FFA. You don't get a lot of bonus points in FFA and it takes a lot longer to level up.

kaizoku said:

Ranking up is a very individual thing, and for that reason a lot of people play the game in a very selfish way, I hate it but until the ranking system (or killstreak system) is overhauled then the majority of people arnt going to bother playing as a team. That momentum idea a gaffer had ages ago was awesome, I REALLY hope they try that with MW3

I hate campers, they ruin the flow of the game totally, its no fun being the only one moving around the map, worse of all a friend of mine is a serial camper and so if I play with him he tries to get me to camp with him, wtf?

IWNET should just match campers with campers, let them sit in dark corners all day by themselves while I play the game :lol

Sealda said:
By the way here is a video of me getting the Spectre IV challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIEfUOPs3Y4

Notice the last stand fiasco in the end of the video.
I quick scopes a guy 2 times with a Intervention with Stopping Power up close when he has already gotten 1-2 hits on me. What happens: He has last stand and kills me! That is so BS. First of the fact that i manage to hit mark him 2 times when he stands 10 m from me and has managed to get a couple of shots at me and he still gets me because of Last stand. No wonder i hate Last stand(ers)

Did you film that with your iPhone?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just put my MW2 disc through my paper shredder.

I can say with 100% confidence that I will regret it, but ultimately just saved myself from killing my wife, my dog, setting my house on fire and going postal at work.

Peace of Mind:

PeaceofMind.png

Ducks

I personally don't camp because I have the patience of a fly...but seriously guys? Complaining about camping is a crutch, and really who are you to tell anyone how to play the game? They bought the game just like you, they aren't cheating and it doesn't really matter if you hate people who don't play for the objective...it's a game. Everyone plays differently and nobody ever stopped camping because someone bitched at them enough :lol

/rant

jedimike

RubxQub said:

I can say with 100% confidence that I will regret it, but ultimately just saved myself from killing my wife, my dog, setting my house on fire and going postal at work.

Peace of Mind:

lol... yah, it will probaby save you money in the end. I think I would have just sold it though...

edit: what kind of POS shredder do you have that cuts strips that wide. Looks like a photoshop job. Real or not, I get your point ;)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
jedimike said:
lol... yah, it will probaby save you money in the end. I think I would have just sold it though...
Not satisfying enough. Destroying it was the only way.
jedimike said:
edit: what kind of POS shredder do you have that cuts strips that wide. Looks like a photoshop job. Real or not, I get your point ;)
The shredder has a CD shredder and a credit card shredder.

Different shredding techniques depending on what slot you put it in.

Sealda

Banned
RubxQub said:

Peace of Mind:

[.png[/IMG]

I would not be surprised if you get a MW2 craving and buys it again. :lol

gibration

RubxQub said:

Peace of Mind:

PeaceofMind.png
OMG! :lol
you should have given it to me :p

LQX

RubxQub said:

Peace of Mind:

PeaceofMind.png

If you did actually do that what was the point besides making yourself look foolish? It even makes those comments about killing your wife and setting the house on fire stand out more as it shows you have no self control. You could have sold or given it away.

RubxQub said:

Peace of Mind:

Awesome.jpg

:lol
You did the right thing. Like someone else said, I would of took the money for it and put it down on another modern warfare style game coming out soon. I'm debating if I should sell mine or not because I've only played it for about 10 minutes within the last 2 weeks or so, and I don't see myself playing it much after that.

Ramirez

RubxQub said:

Peace of Mind:

PeaceofMind.png

You shoulda just traded it in, I did for ME2 and I haven't looked back once.

Hyunkel6

RubxQub said:

Peace of Mind:

PeaceofMind.png
You should have given it to me. I would have paid shipping and buy you a punching bag too.

aku:jiki

LQX said:
If you did actually do that what was the point besides making yourself look foolish? It even makes those comments about killing your wife and setting the house on fire stand out more as it shows you have no self control. You could have sold or given it away.
What the fuck are you talking about? :lol :lol

Case said:
It's a bit difficult to explain, sorry for clarity. Say you're aiming slightly to the right of an enemy. You zoom in, and quickly move the crosshair to the left of them quickly around the moment you begin to aim down the sight. While you're moving it, if you shoot, you'll often get the shot regardless if whether your crosshair was over the guy when you hit the trigger. I'm guessing it's the game compensating for the lag.

It might not make sense now, but if you try it out or watch a video on it, you'll see what i mean.

Proc

So I started on pc, went to 360, and now i'm back loving the pc version.

From my experience, since the couple patches it received, I've found performance on my rig on max 1920x1200 perform much, much better.

I didn't think I'd be enjoying it this much again on pc but I'm glad I've come around on it.

I think this weekend cemented my purchase of bfbc2 on pc.

This game needs more maps!

Draft said:
You never will, man.

This is a fact: any FPS with high damage weapons (going all the way back to CS and perhaps beyond) will have dudes crying about campers. Some people learned how to FPS in DOOM or Quake or Unreal, and they will never, ever accept game design that rewards positioning over raw reflex.

No, the reason why camping is BS and people complain about it is because if everyone just squats in a corner and does nothing (because of "positioning"), there is no game, there is nothing. No shots fired. No anything. Everyone is just sitting in a corner whacking off.

So this is the reality: You have people that actually are playing the game by moving around, and you have the douche bags that just sit in one spot, taking advantage of the people who are actually making it a game. Period.

I don't understand how people can't see how lame it is to just sit in a corner. This is a game, not humpty dumpty sat on a wall.

Top Bottom