• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Raiden

Banned
RubxQub said:
Not satisfying enough. Destroying it was the only way.

The shredder has a CD shredder and a credit card shredder.

Different shredding techniques depending on what slot you put it in.

What a waste of money ...

test_account

XP-39C²
RubxQub said:
Just put my MW2 disc through my paper shredder.

I can say with 100% confidence that I will regret it, but ultimately just saved myself from killing my wife, my dog, setting my house on fire and going postal at work.

Peace of Mind:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/Rubxqub/PeaceofMind.png
Hehe, playing MW2 can be annoying indeed. I have bitemarks on my PS3 controler because i got angry playing MW2 (i died to many times in a row) hehe.

_Bro

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
No, the reason why camping is BS and people complain about it is because if everyone just squats in a corner and does nothing (because of "positioning"), there is no game, there is nothing. No shots fired. No anything. Everyone is just sitting in a corner whacking off.

So this is the reality: You have people that actually are playing the game by moving around, and you have the douche bags that just sit in one spot, taking advantage of the people who are actually making it a game. Period.

I don't understand how people can't see how lame it is to just sit in a corner. This is a game, not humpty dumpty sat on a wall.
They're taking advantage of people who play the game poorly. If you die it's because you're fucking up.

There is a guy camping? Stop running into rooms and take a slower approach.
A guy running around with a care package and knife? Sit in a corner.

Why should the campers have to change their play style when it is working for them?

Mileena

Banned
_Bro said:
They're taking advantage of people who play the game poorly. If you die it's because you're fucking up.

Why should the campers have to change their play style when it is working for them?
You're fucking stupid.

jedimike

Deputy Moonman said:
No, the reason why camping is BS and people complain about it is because if everyone just squats in a corner and does nothing (because of "positioning"), there is no game, there is nothing. No shots fired. No anything. Everyone is just sitting in a corner whacking off.

So this is the reality: You have people that actually are playing the game by moving around, and you have the douche bags that just sit in one spot, taking advantage of the people who are actually making it a game. Period.

I don't understand how people can't see how lame it is to just sit in a corner. This is a game, not humpty dumpty sat on a wall.

I'm more of a camping style player and I've never spent an entire match in one location... I've never seen anyone else do that either. If everyone was camping, then even the campers would move around.

What I really enjoy as a camper are those people that know where I am and then try over, and over, and over again to get me. Sure, eventually that person(s) will get me, but usually only after I've killed him several times. I know that person is celebrating after that one kill... which makes me laugh because I'll take my 5 to his 1 any day of the week.

It goes back to the whole hunter/farmer mentality. Some people have a hunter mindset, and they will constantly run out and try to get the enemy... others have a farmer mentality and they'll let the prey come to them.

It'll never change in any FPS no matter how much people complain. Even if Infinity Ward did away with killstreaks, the campers would remain.

Sealda

Banned
Although campers sucks, i am more annoyed by the knife/noobtube toting rambo noobs.

I get more often killed by gimmick-kits than i get by normal kits (ARs, Subs, etc).That is what i think is what ruining the game-experience a lot of times. And please, do not gimme some advice how i should use shotguns ("OMG SPAS BEST GUN I N GAME"") its annoying and you cannot always protect yourself from noobtubers and commando knifers.

I can go 20-0 against a team of normal kits. But if they have a noobtuber or a knifer i am sure that i will get killed at-least 3-4 times.

aku:jiki

_Bro said:

What the fuck are YOU talking about? :lol :lol

commando knifers
As a knifer myself, I can't hate them, but damn... If they get host or even the slightest bit of latency advantage, they're gonna destroy you every time. I don't know anything about netcode, but can they really not code something to counter that in there?

clashfan

I think the worst are the butt shooters. All they seem to do is shoot people in the back. I think if you can't a face somebody face to face then you should stop playing. :lol

moai

so everybody hates noobtubers, but what about launchers like the ath something. do people complain about that?

Meier

Belfast said:
Also encountered a *very* strange match on the PC version tonight.

It was Rust in Domination mode. Not only was it Rush in Domination, but it was Rush in Domination in GROUND WAR.

On top of that, the goal score was set for 10000 and most people had scores in the multiple hundreds.

Hacked servers, maybe? It was like an 18-person boosting session!
This was happening on the 360 for awhile. Hated it...kept ruining my K/D ratio!

Mileena

Banned
The fact that Rust is used in anything but FFA makes me angry. Rust in hardcore headquarters is the dumbest shit I've ever played.

Meier

First time I've watched that guys videos. Good advice about the C4. Seems like sort of a douche though...he kinda talks like The Ladies Man.

DRE Fei

moai said:
so everybody hates noobtubers, but what about launchers like the ath something. do people complain about that?
I personaly think the noobtube is in there to help flush the campers out of their hiding spots, but people have used OMA kits to abuse the hell out of it. At least the commando care package knifers have to actually get in close range. The lag makes that shit insane though. As far as the ATH it doesn't bother me too much because you only get one and it's a secondary that doesn't factor in with OMA kits.

whitehawk

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
The fact that Rust is used in anything but FFA makes me angry. Rust in hardcore headquarters is the dumbest shit I've ever played.
I need to ask this, what does FFA stand for?

edit: litarally just realized is free for all, right after I posted this. I've been wondering this for weeks.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dont have a huge problem with Noobtubers. I've tried it myself(because its a part of getting challenges for the weapons), and I find I'm terrible at it. There's definitely skill involved with it, and I often get killed by them in quite creative ways. Just today, I got in a firefight with somebody who was around the corner, and they launched a noobtube at the wall next to me and killed me. I immediately thought, 'touche', rather than get angry about it.

don't play without

Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro - best perk there is to be honest
Ninja Pro - you're a ghost

UMP + Suppressor
TAR + Suppressor - SCAR - H with 30 round mag

Most fun weapon in the game?

Dual full auto Glock 18s

Just my two cents but I get the lowest death to kill ratio.

Sealda

Banned
Meier said:
First time I've watched that guys videos. Good advice about the C4. Seems like sort of a douche though...he kinda talks like The Ladies Man.

Yeah that is most peoples first impression. Fact is he is very humble and emotional even talked about that he had a bit of obesity etc.

FromTheFuture said:
It's a bit difficult to explain, sorry for clarity. Say you're aiming slightly to the right of an enemy. You zoom in, and quickly move the crosshair to the left of them quickly around the moment you begin to aim down the sight. While you're moving it, if you shoot, you'll often get the shot regardless if whether your crosshair was over the guy when you hit the trigger. I'm guessing it's the game compensating for the lag.

It might not make sense now, but if you try it out or watch a video on it, you'll see what i mean.

Are you talking about leading your crosshair infront of your target? Because the bullets aren't instant hits. They have a travel time. If you're moving bullets aren't going to be as accurate either so you could be getting some stray shots hitting.

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Are you talking about leading your crosshair infront of your target? Because the bullets aren't instant hits. They have a travel time. If you're moving bullets aren't going to be as accurate either so you could be getting some stray shots hitting.
I'm talking about quick scope sniping. You have no idea what I'm talking about.

What are people's thoughts about this setup:

Killstreaks: Predator, Harrier, Chopper Gunner

Class 1:
One Man Army Po
Hardline

Class 2:
One Man Army Pro
Danger Close Pro

So start off with Class1, this lets me get to Predator in 4 kills instead of 5.
Switch to Class2, and drop the Predator for hopefully extra damage/radius/extra kill.
etc

So essentially the strategy is to use the Hardline class to get to the killstreaks earlier, and the Danger Close Pro class to make the killstreaks more effective/powerful.

Now... this is my idea in theory, and I HAVE been trying it out, but in the thick of battle I don't know if my killstreaks are actually doing more damage. And I also stopped using Hardline for class1 since I'm too used to Stopping Power, so I don't know if the earlier Killstreaks kick back in when you switch back from the DangerClose class.

test_account

XP-39C²
Install: 6.8gb

Save file: 1mb
Do you know how much size the online update patches alone takes? I am mostly interested in knowing this, maybe i wrote it a bit poorly in my previous question in this thread, i am sorry :\ But thanks for checking how much the size the game install and the save file takes! :)

whitehawk

Banned
BastardTrees said:
don't play without

Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro - best perk there is to be honest
Ninja Pro - you're a ghost

UMP + Suppressor
TAR + Suppressor - SCAR - H with 30 round mag

Most fun weapon in the game?

Dual full auto Glock 18s

Just my two cents but I get the lowest death to kill ratio.
I also get a good K/D ratio, and I've been using:

FAMAS + Red dot sight

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power
Ninja

Tactical insertion
Smoke grenade

Painkiller.

moai said:
The weapons themselves are fine and no problem for me. They only get annoying when you face that super-douche that will do NOTHING but shoot RPG's at walls the entire match, then he'll very gladly die to get 2 more to keep spamming rockets at everything that moves (and everything beside it that doesn't).

Not much that can be done about people's douchebaggery though. It's gonna happen with any weapon/class.

I'm gonna become an FPS designer and invent some kind of honor system. Like if you're running around shooting launchers the entire match, you'll get a negative honor bonus and instead of flashing your experience like in CoD, your honor score would be shown to players in lobbies so they can leave if some douche joins. Work the momentum system in there and combine them and bam! Douche-free FPS pleasure!

Belfast

Deputy Moonman said:

Precisely. In theory, if everyone was camping. You would have no game. Simple as that. The game requires people to be moving around in order to be fun and people who ONLY camp are taking advantage of that fact for personal pleasure.

But, you say, personal pleasure?! Isn't that what we all play for?! It's my opinion that in an online cooperative game, taking that attitude is infringing on other people's enjoyment of the game, as well. And, in all things, I've always been a proponent of "do what you want in life, as long as you aren't intentionally dicking other people over."

test_account said:
Do you know how much size the online update patches alone takes? I am mostly interested in knowing this, maybe i wrote it a bit poorly in my previous question in this thread, i am sorry :\ But thanks for checking how much the size the game install and the save file takes! :)

I'm pretty sure all game updates are stored in the HDD cache... since every time you clear it you have to download them all again. Don't think there is anyway to see the sizes of the files in there unless you access the HDD from a pc.

whitehawk said:
I also get a good K/D ratio, and I've been using:

FAMAS + Red dot sight

Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power
Ninja

Tactical insertion
Smoke grenade

Painkiller.

That is pretty much what I use... except claymores instead of tactical insertion, and stun/flash instead of smoke. Scavenger Pro + claymores is great.

I love it when I run into random tactical insertion points and just throw a claymore right infront of it lol

I guess I have no idea what you're talking about since you seem to have trouble explaining yourself properly.
The other guy asked a question about my post about SNIPING. You're clearly the idiot here. Just shut the fuck up, no one's talking to you.

whitehawk

Banned
That is pretty much what I use... except claymores instead of tactical insertion, and stun/flash instead of smoke. Scavenger Pro + claymores is great.

I love it when I run into random tactical insertion points and just throw a claymore right infront of it lol
Well I use tactical insertion + smoke because I play a lot of demolition. Insertions give you more chances to plant, and I like to throw the smoke by the bomb site before I go in there.

FromTheFuture said:
The other guy asked a question about my post about SNIPING. You're clearly the idiot here. Just shut the fuck up, no one's talking to you.

lol what's your problem? You were kind of an asshole in your first reply and I decided not to say anything... but yeah, you're a fucking douche.

lol what's your problem? You were kind of an asshole in your first reply and I decided not to say anything... but yeah, you're a fucking douche.
I just hate people who are annoying. Frankly, you're fucking annoying. Sorry for hurting your feelings, junior.

Ouch, I'm a junior member!? What will I do?
Be incredibly annoying, apparently. Anyway that's enough of this crap. Get over it, stop acting like you're a tough shit know-it-all. That's all I ask.

FromTheFuture said:
Be incredibly annoying, apparently. Anyway that's enough of this crap. Get over it, stop acting like you're a tough shit know-it-all. That's all I ask.

Who is acting tough shit? Clearly not me. Never claimed I knew everything either. I think you're the one that needs to get over it. Might want to take a break from the internet. Someone is taking it a bit too seriously.

whitehawk said:
Well I use tactical insertion + smoke because I play a lot of demolition. Insertions give you more chances to plant, and I like to throw the smoke by the bomb site before I go in there.
These two are all I use too. I find that stuns do basically nothing and flashes tend to not work well for me either. A smoke to either hide my planting/capping or just hide my approach is beautiful, though. I use the smoke as a diversion a lot too. Toss it on one entrance and then haul ass to the other one. :D

Tactical Insertion is just amazing for any objective-based mode, or just a flank in general. I was playing Demolition on Rundown earlier and they were on the mansion side. I set up a TI in the bushes by the stable and flanked them, got 5 kills, died and did it again for basically the whole match. A TI can be so ridiculously useful in situations like that, and I find it's almost impossible to win Demolition on offense if your team is missing a TI player or two...

FromTheFuture said:
Get over it, stop acting like you're a tough shit know-it-all.
The irony is awesome.

Who is acting tough shit? Clearly not me. Never claimed I knew everything either. I think you're the one that needs to get over it. Might want to take a break from the internet. Someone is taking it a bit too seriously.
Who said I was taking any of this seriously? It's just annoying that you're going to reply to a post that has nothing to do with you without even knowing what I'm talking about, and then say that I have the problem of not explaining well enough. It doesn't pertain to you and maybe if you read a post or two back you wouldn't look like such an idiot. Don't even get me started on how I know you think you're the shit for having some whored ratio. It's easy to tell the way you respond to every question regardless of whether you know what the hell you're talking about. And when confronted you take what you believe is the high road. Get over yourself.

Anyway, don't respond to this, and if you do I'll have you know I won't answer just for the sake of this thread. I just wanted you to know the reasoning behind what i've been saying. I don't want to derail this thread so I'm personally dropping it here.

lol I read your previous posts and it wasn't clear exactly what you're trying to say. The only reason I replied that way was cause of your asshole response. And yeah, don't reply to this with more of your childish shit. Discussion over.

lol I read your previous posts and it wasn't clear exactly what you're trying to say.
Yeah, I think the other guy pointed that out and I agreed, which is the point for my original post. I know I said I wouldn't reply but you're just... smh.

aku:jiki said:
The irony is awesome.
Yeah, because I'm the one yelling my ratio all over the place and making all sorts of posts with a sense of superiority. The only thing I've done is attempt to help others. That, and mess with this junior over here.

FromTheFuture said:
Yeah, I think the other guy pointed that out and I agreed, which is the point for my original post. I know I said I wouldn't reply but you're just... smh.

Yeah, because I'm the one yelling my ratio all over the place and making all sorts of posts with a sense of superiority. The only thing I've done is attempt to help others.

Yeah, I thought you weren't going to reply?

And I wasn't yelling my ratio all over the place. Other people were posting theirs also. Sorry my posts have affected you so much. This must be serious business.

DarkJC

Jesus, get a room.

As for being on topic, picked this back up for the first time in a month the other day and got sucked back in again. I finally decided to try out the TAR, and its probably my favourite gun now. I was destroying people with the TAR + silencer + CBP + Ninja Pro. I like the iron sights on it too, almost as much as the SCAR's.

Swag

So if I prestige, do I lose everything except my titles / emblems? Do I get to keep my kill streaks or do I have to continue to unlock them all over again?

Sebulon3k said:
So if I prestige, do I lose everything except my titles / emblems? Do I get to keep my kill streaks or do I have to continue to unlock them all over again?

Yep, you only keep your titles, emblems, and prestige challenges.

You have to unlock killstreaks once again

Top Bottom