• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

moai said:
so everybody hates noobtubers, but what about launchers like the ath something. do people complain about that?

Not as much for three reasons:

1) It takes time to go from sprinting/walking around to shooting a launcher due to requirement of shooting in ADS mode
2) Launchers are a secondary and thus can't be cheaply used with OMA.*
3) Excluding the thumper, launchers take alot longer to reload

Yes, there is scavenger, but if someone is getting more ammo from scavenger, that means that they are moving around and not just camping like OMA tubers.

Sebulon3k said:
So if I prestige, do I lose everything except my titles / emblems? Do I get to keep my kill streaks or do I have to continue to unlock them all over again?

You keep all your titles and emblems. Killstreaks reset as well as your camos and ghillie sniper suits. Challenges reset, you gain prestige challenge section as well as 2 prestige challenges per weapon. With the exception of the bottom 4 prestige section challenges, they all dont reset. You get a custom slot every odd prestige. There are prestige specific titles and emblems, too.

rezuth

salva said:
Yep, you only keep your titles, emblems, and prestige challenges.

You have to unlock killstreaks once again
Does it also reset stats? Cuz I would love to start over with those, took a long while before I got used to playing with a controller.

test_account

XP-39C²
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
I'm pretty sure all game updates are stored in the HDD cache... since every time you clear it you have to download them all again. Don't think there is anyway to see the sizes of the files in there unless you access the HDD from a pc.
Ah ok, i see, thanks for the info! :) Is it possible to see how big the size for one update patch is when you download it?

Sebulon3k said:
Well what's the point of Prestiging then?
I might be wrong on this, but i think that some emblems and titles are only available at certain levels of prestige. You also get a new "player icon" (or what i shall call it) for each prestige level. I am not sure if there is any more things than these things that you get from doing prestige.

EDIT: I see now that Wthermans said that you get a new costum class for each other prestige level :)

Wthermans

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Every other Prestige gives you a new Custom Class Slot. Plus you get a nifty emblem next to your name to show everyone exactly how much of a life you don't have. :eek:

test_account

XP-39C²
Shalashaska said:
Is Holographic or Red Dot sight better? I'm going to try bling with a silencer for a while and I'm not sure which is better (if one is).
I saw a video clip on YouTube that showed that the Holographic sight had a bit better accuracy (at least when firing several of bullets at the same time) when used with the M4A1 weapon compared to using the Red Dot sight. Unfortunately i can't find this video again :\ I am not sure if there is any difference between Holographic sight and Red Dot sight when it comes to accuarcy when used on other weapons than M4A1 though.

One of the little things I don't understand and is slowly getting under my skin is; why the hell do people drop money when the get killed? It doesn't make sense to me

Nazgul_Hunter said:
One of the little things I don't understand and is slowly getting under my skin is; why the hell do people drop money when the get killed? It doesn't make sense to me

It happens when someone gets their "payback."

xtheEnemy

Banned
Sebulon3k said:

For me, this:
364px-Modern_warfare_2_prestige_symbols.jpg

I plan to stop at Prestige 6 cause I think that's the best looking emblem of all.

Ovid

Great, another map for the glitchers. This time it's in my favorite map, Favala. I saw someone hovering in the air with a tac flare. This looks like the same glitch that was in the Derail map a few months back. Luckily it was on the 360 so I was able to report him.

I personally like 9 the best, so I'm stopping there. Am I the only one who thinks 10 looks god awful? Luckily the only title/emblem there is the Prestige 10 title/emblem so I won't be missing much.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nazgul_Hunter said:
foomfoom415 said:
It happens when someone gets their "payback."
I thought it was when someone has a Title with Benjamin Franklin, such as Time is Money (what I use). Maybe it's both.

Ballistik

xtheEnemy said:
I plan to stop at Prestige 6 cause I think that's the best looking emblem of all.
I think 1,5, and 8 prestige symbols look too similar. But I think #7 looks the best. I only prestige because otherwise, you're stuck at 70 not unlocking anything, and it gets pretty boring.

Shalashaska said:
Is Holographic or Red Dot sight better? I'm going to try bling with a silencer for a while and I'm not sure which is better (if one is).
Holographic sight will appear to "track" the enemy since it's designed to simulate depth. Other than that, it'll cause the TAR-21 and FAL to do slightly more damage.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Holographic sight will appear to "track" the enemy since it's designed to simulate depth. Other than that, it'll cause the TAR-21 and FAL to do slightly more damage.
It also makes the spread more precise on the M16.

Mileena

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
I personally like 9 the best, so I'm stopping there. Am I the only one who thinks 10 looks god awful? Luckily the only title/emblem there is the Prestige 10 title/emblem so I won't be missing much.
10 looks terrible. I'm stopping at 8 or 9, whichever I'm feeling more at the time. I'd be done if I stayed on one console too! 4th prestige PS3 and 5th almost 6th on 360.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Would you say it's better than thermal at damage?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
corkscrewblow said:
Why the hell would you use a thermal on a non-sniper? :lol
Seems to come in handy on big ass fucking maps like Derail, where everyone's got on white and sitting two miles across the map.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Seems to come in handy on big ass fucking maps like Derail, where everyone's got on white and sitting two miles across the map.

I prefer going with a sneaky class, ninja, sometimes cold blooded, and a silencer, and hanging on the C side of the map, going back and forth between the woods and the building by C, sometimes going by A to clean out campers. Doing this you effectively shrink the map, with a small vulnerability when you cross the gap between that fence and the woods. Only real problem I've run into doing this is the Cold Blooded bastards laying in bushes with a Barrett or something, hard to defend against it.

I don't understand how anyone can use ACOG/Thermal on anything but a sniper, actually use ACOG ever. The increased zoom in time isn't worth it because I find it really doesn't help me see anything better, and the ACOG works against me seeing as it takes up half the damn screen and shakes all over the fucking place. The one time I enjoy using a Thermal is on Wasteland, but it becomes so much harder to see Cold Blooded people in some situations I find it to be kind of a waste.

Mileena

Banned
Procarbine said:
I prefer going with a sneaky class, ninja, sometimes cold blooded, and a silencer, and hanging on the C side of the map, going back and forth between the woods and the building by C, sometimes going by A to clean out campers. Doing this you effectively shrink the map, with a small vulnerability when you cross the gap between that fence and the woods. Only real problem I've run into doing this is the Cold Blooded bastards laying in bushes with a Barrett or something, hard to defend against it.

I don't understand how anyone can use ACOG/Thermal on anything but a sniper, actually use ACOG ever. The increased zoom in time isn't worth it because I find it really doesn't help me see anything better, and the ACOG works against me seeing as it takes up half the damn screen and shakes all over the fucking place. The one time I enjoy using a Thermal is on Wasteland, but it becomes so much harder to see Cold Blooded people in some situations I find it to be kind of a waste.
I'm with this. I think ACOG and Thermal are a complete waste on anything other than a sniper, but to each his own.

DarkJC

Procarbine said:

Yep, only time I've ever used ACOG on an AR is when I'm going for the Mastery achievement.

edit: did I say achievement? I meant challenge.

corkscrewblow said:
I'm with this. I think ACOG and Thermal are a complete waste on anything other than a sniper, but to each his own.
Agreed. I especially hate it when I pick up a gun and find people doing stupid stuff like putting ACOG on a UMP or something. Seriously guy?! Happens way more often to me than it should.

Procarbine said:

Yeah, even with the limited view, the ACOG in Cod4 was so much easier to use. So much so that once I got used to the sway, I could use it on many different guns. My favorites were the RPD+ACOG, the Skorpion+ACOG, the AK47+ACOG, and the AK74u+ACOG. I especially liked ACOGing the RPD because the recoil helped served as a nice spread to guaruntee that at least 2-3 of bullets hit, which when you have a gun that deals 56 damge with SP at any range, is deadly.

But with this game, the acog has a much smaller dot, making hitting the enemy alot harder, and the recoil is just ridiculous, especially on the LMGs. But most importantly, walking while ADS no longer makes the sway more managable. You pretty much have to treat your gun like a sniper in order to get any kills with the ACOG, at which point you are better off using either Holo or Thermal.

Nelo Ice

Banned
finally won a game of demolition where i did insanely well(since most of the time im a one man army while my team fails at defending and planting) :lol

went 42-4 and yes i planted a bomb(we got both points with 1st plant) and the majority of kills were from the other team being completely unable to kill me while i was on defense

Swag

I got to 70 full and decided I'd prestige for the fun of it, damn was it a good idea. I had never really used the FAMAS before but GOD DAMN.

Famas + Stopping Power is my new God. 1 Burst is good enough to finish anybody, I didn't realise how good it was before because I sucked but damn :lol .

xtheEnemy

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
Agreed. I especially hate it when I pick up a gun and find people doing stupid stuff like putting ACOG on a UMP or something. Seriously guy?! Happens way more often to me than it should.

maybe they are just completing the mastery challenge ?

I personally hate ACOG, but due to that required 20kills for the thermal scope and mastery, I have to use it.

corkscrewblow said:
I really doubt you would. I REALLY doubt you would.

To be fair, I do remember the ACR being the only gun with low enough recoil to use the ACOG with, but that's a gun with near nonexistant recoil. everything else is shit with it.

whitehawk

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
I got to 70 full and decided I'd prestige for the fun of it, damn was it a good idea. I had never really used the FAMAS before but GOD DAMN.

Famas + Stopping Power is my new God. 1 Burst is good enough to finish anybody, I didn't realise how good it was before because I sucked but damn :lol .
Same thing happened to me :lol

Used the default Grenadier class after prestiging, and finally realized how awesome the FAMAS is.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
SMZC said:
I would rape all of you guys with my ACOGed ACR any day.

Go ahead. Try it. It's beastly.

Maybe, but I have a TV large enough to not need the enhanced zoom, and the increased aim time would just get me killed. I can acquire targets much faster without it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sebulon3k said:

next prestige im so using the rpd since im currently having a hellva time using it right now and it gives me the perfect excuse to use seight of hand(which i never use since i need the extra ammo/infinite claymores) :lol

also yes prestiging is awesome for trying out new wpns

jiien

corkscrewblow said:
I really doubt you would. I REALLY doubt you would.

Uh, ACR+ACOG is a seriously good combination. No other AR has low enough recoil to work well with the ACOG, but goddamn, the ACOG essentially extends the range the damage of the ACR will reach before dropping off. Not good for every map and every situation, obviously. Stick a silencer on there, and go to town. Don't bash it before you try it.

I don't personally use it anymore, as I've moved myself away from ARs for this prestige, but I would recommend it to anyone.

rodvik

corkscrewblow said:
Why the hell would you use a thermal on a non-sniper? :lol

hah! I had a lot of fun with my Thermal UMP, pity the fool who picked up my gun :lol

Course I stopped after I realised I dont need a sight on any gun. Once you know the maps imho iron sights is fine (exception for red dot on some guns with overly large iron sights).

Mileena

Banned
jiien said:
Uh, ACR+ACOG is a seriously good combination. No other AR has low enough recoil to work well with the ACOG, but goddamn, the ACOG essentially extends the range the damage of the ACR will reach before dropping off. Not good for every map and every situation, obviously. Stick a silencer on there, and go to town. Don't bash it before you try it.

I don't personally use it anymore, as I've moved myself away from ARs for this prestige, but I would recommend it to anyone.
Whatever you put on the ACR, it will never be as good as the silenced UMP so no, I would not get raped by the guy with the ACOG ACR.

aku:jiki

test_account said:
I saw a video clip on YouTube that showed that the Holographic sight had a bit better accuracy (at least when firing several of bullets at the same time) when used with the M4A1 weapon compared to using the Red Dot sight. Unfortunately i can't find this video again :\ I am not sure if there is any difference between Holographic sight and Red Dot sight when it comes to accuarcy when used on other weapons than M4A1 though.
You can't find the video because this is true for the M16, not the M4. I know Blametruth has the video on the first page of his web page.

corkscrewblow said:
Thermal is pretty crap on a sniper too! It's not very easy to pick out which body part is which on what is just a white blob. At first I thought thermal made sniping easier but now I hate it, I can aim up clean hits much better with a regular scope where I can see what's what. And you don't miss cold-blooded players with regular scope. :D

SMZC said:
I would rape all of you guys with my ACOGed ACR any day.
Yeah bro, you try to get that ACOG up in time when I come charging behind you with my knife or SPAS. That's gonna work out. :D

FerranMG

I had stolen some akimbo 1887 from time to time, but yesterday I unlocked them for myself and man are the powerful!

I hate not being able to unload a full magazine in seconds as with the M1014 (my favorite one so far), but they can destroy people from quite a distance.
Liked them. :D

FerranMG said:
I had stolen some akimbo 1887 from time to time, but yesterday I unlocked them for myself and man are the powerful!

I hate not being able to unload a full magazine in seconds as with the M1014 (my favorite one so far), but they can destroy people from quite a distance.
Make sure you bling them with fmj for massive damage

rezuth

FerranMG said:

I can't understand why people would prefer M1014 over the SPAS. Grip+FMJ on SPAS and you are unstoppable. Given that it has a good rate of fire, great range and big mag it is clearly superior.

aku:jiki

salva said:
Don't bling them with fmj for massive range because that would make you a cheater
Fixed.

rezuth said:
I can't understand why people would prefer M1014 over the SPAS. Grip+FMJ on SPAS and you are unstoppable. Given that it has a good rate of fire, great range and big mag it is clearly superior.
You can't possibly be claiming that the SPAS RoF is anywhere near comparable to the M1014's... The SPAS has the worst RoF after a single 1887.

Oh and btw, FMJ on SPAS is glitched and does absolutely nothing at all.

Top Bottom