• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

SMZC said:
I would rape all of you guys with my ACOGed ACR any day.
akubfp.jpg

Portrait of me behind SMZC, holding my G18s. Those were good times.

Hanmik

divisionbyzorro said:
It's been done; not by many, but it has been done.

there are 3 persons on my friendslist who are 10th prestige.. One I know has cheated, he has only played 4 days.. but the other two have prestiged the "legal" way.. I watched them for several weeks, and they went through all the prestige icons.. so they did it the "legal" way. That is on PS3 btw.

rezuth said:
I can't understand why people would prefer M1014 over the SPAS. Grip+FMJ on SPAS and you are unstoppable. Given that it has a good rate of fire, great range and big mag it is clearly superior.
That M1014 was so awesome in COD4, I could see preferring it over the SPAS. But again, how are you gonna choose anything over the Striker (for single use) or the 1887 (dual)?

aku:jiki

DeuceMojo said:
That M1014 was so awesome in COD4, I could see preferring it over the SPAS. But again, how are you gonna choose anything over the Striker (for single use) or the 1887 (dual)?
SPAS has insane range and damage. It's comparable to pre-patch Models. People just don't seem to know about it yet, but when they find out the game is going to turn into SPAS Warfare 2, count on that shit.

aku:jiki said:
SPAS has insane range and damage. It's comparable to pre-patch Models. People just don't seem to know about it yet, but when they find out the game is going to turn into SPAS Warfare 2, count on that shit.

It also has an awful rate of fire. It's balanced quite well if you ask me.

FerranMG

It takes forever to shoot twice with the SPAS, its rate of fire is abismal, though it make massive damage.

The first shotgun I ever tried was the SPAS, and liked it. Then switched to the Striker, for the awesome rate of fire. Then tried de M1014 and fell in love with it. And a while ago unlocked the 1887 and started using them: they are nice, but I find them more difficult to love them. :p

DRE Fei

SPAS has awesome range but nobody complains due to the rate of fire. It's really tricky to clear rooms with it, so I try not to run and gun with it too much. I like the AA-12 for clearing rooms and such. M1014 has great range as well but it's hard to one shot people at a distance with it. It's a happy medium between SPAS and AA-12 to me. And yeah, FAMAS is godlike. How did some of you guys not know this before?

I remember in the days of COD4 Headquarters on Shipment, I'd bust out the 1014 with some slight of hand and murder people, BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM, snicksnicksnicksnick, repeat. Glorious.

Meier

Sebulon3k said:
I got to 70 full and decided I'd prestige for the fun of it, damn was it a good idea. I had never really used the FAMAS before but GOD DAMN.

Famas + Stopping Power is my new God. 1 Burst is good enough to finish anybody, I didn't realise how good it was before because I sucked but damn :lol .
Yeah, I never used it my first go round because it was my first time playing an online FPS since Duke Nukem basically. The burst was too tough for me since I lacked the aiming ability.. but I used the Raffica after it unlocked on my sniper class and got used to burst shooting so I switched to the FAMAS when I prestiged and it's still my favorite AR. I do like the ACR as well but only use on my noob tube class.

I have a love hate with the FAMAS because for some reason in a straight up firefight, it seems like 9/10 I'll die even though I have stopping power. Guns you can just lay on the trigger definitely seem to work better in that situation.

Meier

This was from two nights ago and I played a little yesterday before the game, but here's my stats.. I am up to 1.33 K/D Ratio but it just goes so damn slow. :lol

n30whw.jpg

I've only played about 20-25 matches with a party.. rest is just random games. I am sure all of my stats would improve if I had consistently good teammates.

The buddies I play COD 4 with got really obsessed with these leaderboards. All they want is high K/D and stuff, so they don't go for flags in domination and such. The killstreaks make it even worse -> more camping.

One of the reason why I quit Call Of Duty for now. I got my character to level 70 in a week after the game came out and pretty much haven't played Modern 2 since then. I prefer COD4 :)

I would be a really happy gamer if they take the leaderboards out altogether and introduce something like Accolades as a measure, but I do know that it would piss many others.

shuri

Banned
You're hardcore. I've had the game since launch and i'm just reaching level 65 now with about 2 days of gametime :O

People can be so pathetic in this game, it's hilarious! I was just playing against a clan of fucking losers who would ALL OMA-tube their way to an Emergency Airdrop, and then they would ALL stand around a corner and toss packages for the rest of the match. They were so terrible too - all they could manage was camping on rocks and noobtubing. Every single time I encountered one actually moving, he'd be dead before he got his sights up. So pathetic! :lol

The really fucking sad part is that they bragged about winning after every match, loudly and proudly, and they were giggling like little schoolgirls over having a 28-12 KD as if that was an amazing sight to behold. One of them bursted out "OMG A 10K MATCH BONUS!!!!" after the match and I busted up laughing. Giddy like little boys, and these guys were 20-ish!

Man, so fucking sad yet so hilarious to watch them having to cheat so hugely to get a KD most of us gaffers seem to be able to maintain easily without even needing killstreak rewards. :lol

shuri said:
You're hardcore. I've had the game since launch and i'm just reaching level 65 now with about 2 days of gametime :O

LOL yeah I did play pretty hardcore, I played COD4 for over 2 years, skipped COD5 altogether and so did all my friends and we waited for the next Infinity Ward game, which ended up as a disappointment for me :(

Fantasmo

Meier said:
I have a love hate with the FAMAS because for some reason in a straight up firefight, it seems like 9/10 I'll die even though I have stopping power. Guns you can just lay on the trigger definitely seem to work better in that situation.

The FAMAS has decent iron sights already, so I just equip it with a heartbeat sensor. Sure, someone can run around with Ninja Pro and mess that up for me, but that rarely happens.

If I find myself in a situation where a room is packed, I know I can't really go in guns blazing. In those cases, I hang back and let them come, or pick the closest enemy, pop him (one burst should take him down), and take them out one by one that way. As long as you don't have a whole room aiming at you simultaneously, the Rate of Fire on the FAMAS combined with the strength of Stopping Power is usually enough to get everyone.

OR, if I'm feeling aggressive or I'm on a map where people like to cluster together, I'll sometimes use Semtex instead of my Claymore and clean out rooms that way.

Meier

shuri said:
It goes faster once you prestige since you can unlock additional challenges/XP. I actually thought I was already on the 3rd one but am apparently only on the 2nd round.. 3rd time up to 70 I guess is why I got confused.

I feel like I've played a lot (which I have.. kind of embarassed really :lol) so when I see someone who is leveled much higher than I am or has like 20 days played I'm blown away.

I finally got MW2 this past weekend and played some last night.

It's gorgeous, but I nearly threw my controller through the screen during the first Brazil mission. There are moments where it is unclear where to go and cleared areas back-fill with militants who are, apparently, crackshots from 200 yards out.

Meier

junkster said:
The FAMAS has decent iron sights already, so I just equip it with a heartbeat sensor. Sure, someone can run around with Ninja Pro and mess that up for me, but that rarely happens.
I run with Ninja Pro but half the time it feels useless. I used a HBS most of my time up to 70 but I moved away from it. It is a pretty awesome attachment but it feels a little like cheating. :lol I use the Holo sight all the time. If I bling, I usually attach a Silencer as well.

I have 4 OMA classes I am using these days. My standard AR which I'll sometimes then swap to my sniper class and then back to AR if I see someone coming on the radar. I just put together a class with Hardline to use to help get my Chopper Gunner once the Harrier is up but I'm not sure if it's worth swapping off my Danger Close class or not.

FunnyBunny said:

It's gorgeous, but I nearly threw my controller through the screen during the first Brazil mission. There are moments where it is unclear where to go and cleared areas back-fill with militants who are, apparently, crackshots from 200 yards out.
The Brazil levels as a whole are by far the hardest/most frustrating in the game for me. Once you're passed those, the game can be frustrating but the Brazil levels it feels like it's freaking cheating.

Meier said:
when I see someone who is leveled much higher than I am or has like 20 days played I'm blown away.
Holy shiznat, that's crazy. Wow. I have a friend on his 3rd or 4th prestige (I'm on my second) and I think he has 10 days played. I thought that was a lot.

Anyway, one of my old friends who was WAAY into COD4 and not so much into this game still manages to have 12 days played. but he's stuck on level 70 of his 1st prestige, promising that he's not going to go through all 10. What a loser.

Meier said:
I run with Ninja Pro but half the time it feels useless. I used a HBS most of my time up to 70 but I moved away from it. It is a pretty awesome attachment but it feels a little like cheating. :lol
Meh, there are some areas where not making noise (Overpass, Quarry, Derail) is so beneficial that you're not cheating, the others are just being stupid for not running it.

I love Ninja Pro when I can run up on people inside a building and they never hear me coming.

FerranMG

DeuceMojo said:
Meh, there are some areas where not making noise (Overpass, Quarry, Derail) is so beneficial that you're not cheating, the others are just being stupid for not running it.

I love Ninja Pro when I can run up on people inside a building and they never hear me coming.

Love, love Ninja Pro as well.

However, the most useful perk is Cold Blooded by far. I love it when an enemy runs past me without noticing I'm gonna blow his brains in a second. :D

xtheEnemy said:
For me, this:
364px-Modern_warfare_2_prestige_symbols.jpg

I plan to stop at Prestige 6 cause I think that's the best looking emblem of all.

I am on 4 now and was thinking about stopping here.

I might continue on to 6 because that was is pretty sweet. I just fucking HATE the 5th one. God that is ugly and should have been 3 or 4.

9th is by far the coolest looking one though/

Meier

FerranMG said:
However, the most useful perk is Cold Blooded by far. I love it when an enemy runs past me without noticing I'm gonna blow his brains in a second. :D
I feel like that's somewhat rare in comparison to the benefit you gain from Stopping Power. The two maps where Cold Blooded is definitely worthwhile IMO are Derail (if you're on the A side) and Wasteland. On Wasteland though that means you're giving up Danger Close if you're down in the bunker tubing and that's obviously a big loss.

Meier said:
I feel like that's somewhat rare in comparison to the benefit you gain from Stopping Power. The two maps where Cold Blooded is definitely worthwhile IMO are Derail (if you're on the A side) and Wasteland. On Wasteland though that means you're giving up Danger Close if you're down in the bunker tubing and that's obviously a big loss.

Cold-Blooded is my least favorite of the red perks. I have it on my anti-air class and that's about it.

FunnyBunny said:

Yeah the problem with that level is that Soap constantly makes you feel like youre on a hidden time limit, but there is no time limit at all. He'll keep shouting at you to hurry up and dont get caught up, but you never run out of time. If you take your time on that mission, its pretty easy. Next time you play the level, try to take it slow if possible.

Sealda said:
Anyone who says anything else lacks logical thinking.

There is a case to be made for Hardline. Getting UAV->Jammer->Sentry at 2-3-4 is excellent in objective modes. And going Predator->Harrier->Anything at 4-6-? is also quite nice.

Danger Close Pro is also good for a 5-7-? setup. The added predator damage makes it more likely that you'll get a double kill off of it that'll translate directly to a Harrier. The added airstrike damage makes it more likely that you'll get to your next streak (EAD, Pave Low, Apache, AC-130).

Sealda said:
Anyone who says anything else lacks logical thinking.
Yeah, they kinda screwed the balance of the 2nd perk, 'cause it's about impossible to run anything BUT stopping power unless you're playing hardcore.*

*which sucks

jiien

corkscrewblow said:
Whatever you put on the ACR, it will never be as good as the silenced UMP so no, I would not get raped by the guy with the ACOG ACR.

Are we talking extreme distances on maps like Afghan, Derail, and Wasteland? I hope so, because otherwise you're insulting my intelligence by assuming I was actually telling you that ACR and ACOG work in really close range maps. -_- Really?

The dudebro level of arrogance in this thread sometimes is nearly as bad as it is in game. Wow.

jiien said:
Are we talking extreme distances on maps like Afghan, Derail, and Wasteland? I hope so, because otherwise you're insulting my intelligence by assuming I was actually telling you that ACR and ACOG work in really close range maps. -_- Really?

The dudebro level of arrogance in this thread sometimes is nearly as bad as it is in game. Wow.

dudethisisneogaf.gif

jiien said:
Well, we have Sporsk to thank for it not reaching that level, thank God. I think everyone knows there's a line you shouldn't cross here.

I was a little surprised that someone would use the word "rape" in conjunction with his discussion of the ACR on NeoGAF of all places. "Rape" is so fucking dudebro, I don't even like using it. I prefer to say... "these fuckers are owning us with that care package glitch, let's rage quit."

DeuceMojo said:
Yeah, they kinda screwed the balance of the 2nd perk, 'cause it's about impossible to run anything BUT stopping power unless you're playing hardcore.*

*which sucks

Why they thought a headshot gives you the same bonus as stopping power is beyond me (.4 multiplier). If headshots were insta-kills then maybe stopping power wouldn't be as necessary. As the way things work - if you have stopping power, it always takes as many shots to kill an enemy in the head as it does to shoot him in the toe.

Lionheart1827 said:
Yeah the problem with that level is that Soap constantly makes you feel like youre on a hidden time limit, but there is no time limit at all. He'll keep shouting at you to hurry up and dont get caught up, but you never run out of time. If you take your time on that mission, its pretty easy. Next time you play the level, try to take it slow if possible.

Thanks! I despised the level when I played it last night. I'll have to go back, take it more slowly and actually enjoy the experience (instead of swearing at it).

Part of the problem is my skill level. I only own/have owned three first person shooters in my life: Golden Eye (N64), MW and MW2. I'm just not good at them.

MidnightRider said:
STOPPING POWER
SP might be the most fun perk, but SitRep Pro is totally the most useful. It's just that nobody knows about it because getting Pro takes like 4 laps of prestige (if the counter didn't reset). :lol and :(

DeuceMojo said:
I was a little surprised that someone would use the word "rape" in conjunction with his discussion of the ACR on NeoGAF of all places. "Rape" is so fucking dudebro, I don't even like using it. I prefer to say... "these fuckers are owning us with that care package glitch, let's rage quit."
In my experience with the game, the only people who run around and yell how much they "RAPED EVERYBODY LOL" are OMA-tubers, CP glitchers, Models blingers, killstreak campers and RPG-whores who went 20-15, or just 13 y/o's in general regardless of how poorly they did.

That dude who went 55-7 just says "oh cool, I got a new title." :lol

Sealda

Banned
SP might be the most fun perk, but SitRep Pro is totally the most useful. It's just that nobody knows about it because getting Pro takes like 4 laps of prestige (if the counter didn't reset). :lol and :(

No, SP is seriously the most useful perk in the game. Sitrep pro is in Perk 3 and all of those gets "raped" by Perk 1 and 2 category.

Jrmint

So I just discovered the Vector on my 2nd prestige. My god I love this gun. I know the UMP is the best SMG but I really love the Vector, the high rate of fire makes it great, and it has very low recoil.

As for the SPAS discussion. I love the thing, but if you miss the first shot you're just about dead.

sweetvar26 said:
LOL yeah I did play pretty hardcore, I played COD4 for over 2 years, skipped COD5 altogether and so did all my friends and we waited for the next Infinity Ward game, which ended up as a disappointment for me :(

I was playing some COD4 this weekend and forgot just how tight and balanced it is. I was having so much fun then my friends sent me a game invite for MW2 and I switched over cause I hadn't played with them in a while and 2 minutes into one match for MW2 made me really start missing COD4. It's just not fun for me anymore like COD4 is.

So I got a situation here: I am finding the only way I get excellent, consistent games with =/+ killstreaks is running akimbo weapons (submachineguns or machine pistols) with marathon. I'm not afraid to admit it. If my soldier is static and slow and armed with an assault rifle, I'm usually looking at inconsistent, often negative matches.

So how do I keep that from getting boring? I have about 2,000 kills with the G18 and approx 1,000 with UMP, maybe 500 with the P90. Do I just level all available SMGs and pistols up? 'Cause I'll probably die of boredom if I continue to use the same shit.

Anyone tried using a running class with an AR/MG? I'd consider that I guess...

I see a lot of people here caring about their K/D ratio? Is there anything besides the leaderboards that you're going for it? Because I can't imagine random people are browsing your stats for your info.

All that is just lost on me, but then again, I am one of those rare people who plays entirely for fun.

Sealda

Banned
VGChampion said:
I see a lot of people here caring about their K/D ratio? Is there anything besides the leaderboards that you're going for it? Because I can't imagine random people are browsing your stats for your info.

All that is just lost on me, but then again, I am one of those rare people who plays entirely for fun.

People thinks it fun with KDR. Its fun to have something to show your skills with (subjective). Most of the people i play with (when i play with people) cares about KDR. My clan has 2.0 KDR minimum. When people on my friend list sees my KDR they sometimes says "OMG;Z UR KDR IS AWESOME". So yeah, for a lot of people it means something. The same thing the Prestige symbols or the emblems means something. KDR is the most skill-proof way to show if your good at the game beside actually playing with the people.

When you have played 10 days and have a KDR ratio that is good it means something. A Nuke symbol means that you can 10 matches played really good. If you play with the person maybe 1-10 times he can have a bad day or bad match. KDR is the best way to check if someone knows their stuff.

And if you actually trying not to have fun when playing the game just to get good KDR, you are doing something wrong.

When i play fotboll with my amateur team, i sometimes think it sucks, but overall i think it is fun. Its the same thing with KDR. Its not like i will stop play fotboll because its not always fun. But overall my fotboll experience is fun!

When you have good KDR you are getting lots of kills, gets lots of XP, gets lots of stuff. 90% of the time that means you are having a better time than someone who is constantly getting killed. You must be easy amused to think its fun to loose...

Shh, Sit Rep Pro is only great because nobody else uses it. Don't listen to this man. Use commando, ninja, last stand instead, please. They're much better...especially ninja. I can't hear you coming...nope. Don't hear a thing. When you watch the killcam after I kill you, please realize that it was pure luck that I knew you were coming 10 seconds before you got there. That noobtube that hit you before you even showed up on my screen was pure guess work.

Jokes aside, Sit rep without danger close or stopping power can be aggravating. You'll get the first shot off and still lose the battle enough times to get on your nerves.

What makes SitRep Pro tricky at times is that you easily forget that your own footsteps are louder than what you hear. Keep that in mind and now you can camp all day long and infiltrate with ease as long as you take it very very slow and safe.

It's a shame that there is nothing in the way of icon, emblem or title recognition in regards to maintaing a healthy ratio.

Anyone can grind there way through x amount of prestiges.

Spinning Plates said:
It's a shame that there is nothing in the way of icon, emblem or title recognition in regards to maintaing a healthy ratio.

Anyone can grind there way through x amount of prestiges.

Meh, I dunno if IW should encourage trying to keep a certain ratio or win a certain amount of games, but I will say that they dropped the ball on emblems and titles. There are very few that are interesting and fun to get and of course, when you get them, there's a 99% chance that you won't know why.

Most of them are challenge related, and that's a shame because most of the challenges aren't particularly inspiring.

Top Bottom