• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Meier

mr_boo said:
I know exactly how you feel cause I predominately use claymores too. Though I think there has to be something truly anti-claymore to pressure campers. Otherwise, claymores are much too effective as deterrents (whether in actually killing the attacker or being used as alarms).
Well they do have SitRep to sort of take care of this.. I find them to be very hit or miss. Sometimes it works in your favor and you love it, but mostly it just pisses me off. I've gotten better at aiming them though.. for awhile I just laid them willy-nilly.

mr_boo

Meier said:
Well they do have SitRep to sort of take care of this.. I find them to be very hit or miss. Sometimes it works in your favor and you love it, but mostly it just pisses me off. I've gotten better at aiming them though.. for awhile I just laid them willy-nilly.
SitRep is a passive counter to Claymores, while on the other hand Lightweight is just the opposite. In the most general case, a Lightweight can catch the "camper" unprepared since the claymore alarm is essentially late in detecting the attacker.

backflip10019 said:
Bah, it pisses me off to no end that Marathon + Lightweighters can just run through claymores. The last match that I played, I must have been killed around 5 times by these runners. ARGH

You just don't have to put the claymore facing the door, but instead facing the room (or better to say: the place the enemy will be after they ran in the room).

backflip10019 said:
Bah, it pisses me off to no end that Marathon + Lightweighters can just run through claymores. The last match that I played, I must have been killed around 5 times by these runners. ARGH

Jeez I hate that. It's not cheating per se but it's incredibly cheap (surely IW didn't intend for this to happen) and the Domination match I played with two of these guys was the only time I quit a match.

Surely it's not fun to run throughout the whole game just stabbing people? I've heard people talk about Knives only Nukes and I was in awe. Now I figure they did it this way and it just becomes lame.

UFRA

It's amazing how many people are retarded with claymore placement...

I mostly play HC SD, and I hate it when some guy plants the bomb, then places a claymore that's basically right on the bomb, facing the bomb site...so it won't even trigger when someone walks around the corner of the site. WTF?

Or when someone places a clay with the red targeting "laser" things showing right in a doorway....put that shit back a little so they don't know it's there until it's too late!

I don't even use clays and yet I can think of better ways than 80% of the ways people put them down.

Graf Nudu said:
You just don't have to put the claymore facing the door, but instead facing the room (or better to say: the place the enemy will be after they ran in the room).
That still doesn't matter. By the time the claymore explodes, they're out of the target range.

So I've been seriously going after a nuke lately. I have to "go for it" because the odds of it happening naturally are quite high. I have a K/D of 0.69 (not that I care - I've played many games fucking around with the riot shield etc) so I'm not exactly getting 20+ killstreaks a lot.

I figure my best bet is Ground War - mainly when it's Domination. Tonight I've been scouting for places on maps where I have a good vantage point of TWO capture points. This is good because,
A) Lots of people will be running between them
B) I can help my team and defend them as I build up my killstreak - I hate it when you're not in it for the team!

BUT, every time I've done good, some wankers from my team have realised I have a good spot, run there, bring loads of attention and guarantee I can't use it for the rest of the game. Why oh why aren't people smart enough to realise that more than one person at a good spot is going to render it a bad one?

Urgh. Rant over. Still fucking ADDICTED to this game. :)

Mush

Pulka said:
I just prestiged.

FUCK :<

I'm still sitting at 70 1st Prestige. Here's my checklist of things to do before I hit 2nd.

Complete Lightweight VI (Currently at 200 miles)
Complete Steady Aim VI (Currently at 438 kills)
Get SitRep Pro (Currently at 102)
Get Game Winning Kill with an Attack Helicopter (Spent the last week trying to earn this)
+ a few others I can't remember right now.

And finally, get my first fucking Nuke. I've had at least five times where I've been on a 20+ streak, get impatient and rush out hoping to get the last few kills I need because my Chopper Gunner/AC130 didn't do the job and or gets shot down, only to get pwned in the process :( I really really need to get this monkey off my back or I'll never play this game again, no matter how awesome infuriating MW2 is.

FerranMG

What do you guys prefer to try to get a nuke: Harrier/Pavelow/Nuke, Harrier/Chopper/Nuke, Harrier/AC130/Nuke, or Pavelow/Chopper(or AC130)/Nuke?

Mileena

Banned
FerranMG said:
What do you guys prefer to try to get a nuke: Harrier/Pavelow/Nuke, Harrier/Chopper/Nuke, Harrier/AC130/Nuke, or Pavelow/Chopper(or AC130)/Nuke?
Harrier/Chopper/Nuke is probably the best.

Though, I'm always Predator/Harrier/Chopper because I really don't give two fucks about getting nukes.

Meier

Foliorum Viridum said:
So I've been seriously going after a nuke lately. I have to "go for it" because the odds of it happening naturally are quite high. I have a K/D of 0.69 (not that I care - I've played many games fucking around with the riot shield etc) so I'm not exactly getting 20+ killstreaks a lot.

I figure my best bet is Ground War - mainly when it's Domination. Tonight I've been scouting for places on maps where I have a good vantage point of TWO capture points. This is good because,
A) Lots of people will be running between them
B) I can help my team and defend them as I build up my killstreak - I hate it when you're not in it for the team!

BUT, every time I've done good, some wankers from my team have realised I have a good spot, run there, bring loads of attention and guarantee I can't use it for the rest of the game. Why oh why aren't people smart enough to realise that more than one person at a good spot is going to render it a bad one?

Urgh. Rant over. Still fucking ADDICTED to this game. :)

I think my best bet at getting a Nuke would be Skidrow with a partner or two helping cover the doors up the stairs from C. If you hold down that area, it's so easy to win either Domination or TDM but people typically have no interest and go running off like chicken's with their heads cut off. I think if I played with a party, I could get my nuke. I got my Price emblem there without any help but it required me to get lucky a few times.. I got at least one knife kill where I thought I was dead (this was kill #9).

As it stands, the closest I've come is a streak of 26 and counting on the jungle map (I'm bad with some of the names) where the host quit out. I had Predator/Harrier/Pavelow though so a Nuke wasn't a possibility.

When I play with friends I'm never really in that mindset. I just select some low killstreak rewards and rush. :lol

Getting a nuke is a kinda personal type of play style, I think. In my dark room, sound up high to hear every footstep and absolutely focused on the TV. Doesn't make for a good social activity! -_-

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
just had a proper annoying game which ended in me redeeming myself with a game winning run and a weird killcam.

seemed to be one of those laggy matches where you hear your bullets hit but they dont seem to do as much damage as you think they should. one guy was being a douche and camping the corridor to C on skidrow, lying prone and peeking out a tiny bit, peeking through the hole etc. I tried to peek-a-boo him back with an AR, fail, tried to flank, fail, then I tried to outsnipe him and I swear I shot him in the body but he was fine. and he runs away.

then later I catch him in the open, still in my sniper gear and I hit him and he doesnt go down, surely one more hit will do it, hit him again, same familiar thud sound but he just goes in cover! argh! he pops back out lik 2 seconds later (way quicker than it usually takes to heal up) and I hit him again but he just kills me. boy oh boy did I scream at the tv :lol

So I said fuck it and went on a SPAS running spree, killed 4 guys in a row to win the game.

the killcam was weird cos I flanked and took out two guys who were creeping round a corner, I went round the corner and decided to turn back on myself to where the guys had been and one had returned and chucked a grenade there. I just walked right into the grenade which exploded blowing shit all over the place, and I shot my SPAS at the red tag which was visible through the smoke. the guy dies and the match ends, but when the smoke clears you can still see him stood there shooting at me :lol

aku:jiki

backflip10019 said:
That still doesn't matter. By the time the claymore explodes, they're out of the target range.
Not true if you aim it correctly. One trick to catch runners is to place the claymore 6 feet inside the door, facing it. They HAVE to pass through the doorway to get to you and that claymore will click when they do. Another good one is placing it diagonally in the corner by the door, facing inward toward the room. That usually catches them in any angle they come running.

Foliorum Viridum said:
So I've been seriously going after a nuke lately.
Two tips; nuking in Ground War is harder than regular Domination (people seem to shoot down air support much more often for some reason) and you will probably never nuke by holding one single spot. There's always that guy that needs vengeance and you won't catch him in all his ten attempts.

DeuceMojo said:
But brings up a good point: Where are the maps with like... trees and brush and creeks and whatever?
It's called Estate? Even has a waterfall!

Edit: Haha, somebody actually posted this question on Maximilian's video... Faith in MW2 player base definitely rising!

Some fool on youtube said:
What extended mags do?

Tamanon

Banned
UFRA said:
It's amazing how many people are retarded with claymore placement...

I mostly play HC SD, and I hate it when some guy plants the bomb, then places a claymore that's basically right on the bomb, facing the bomb site...so it won't even trigger when someone walks around the corner of the site. WTF?

Or when someone places a clay with the red targeting "laser" things showing right in a doorway....put that shit back a little so they don't know it's there until it's too late!

I don't even use clays and yet I can think of better ways than 80% of the ways people put them down.

I've actually killed someone with a claymore I put down as I was being shot. He apparently assumed it was a scavenger ammo.:lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
desu said:
Argh I just hate the spawn system, worst spawn of the day: Spawning under a falling Care Package.....

this happened to me once, I had to laugh to be honest, must've been funny for the guy waiting for it to land.

I've had a few very near misses too where it lands next to me, I just turn to look at the guy and we just look at each other for a second before going our seperate ways :lol

come on by then you've lost your killstreak, its funny!

I was watching someone play Sabotage on Wasteland and he goes up to this wall right behind where people spawn and just sits there, mowing down 4 people at a time, each time they spawn he just kills them all repeatedly. He went 73-2. -_- Stupid spawns.

A vote to skip quarry on domination that passes? Fuckwits. Oooh wasteland. Nice job, morons.

Edit: Some good ol' FFA booster hunting is just what the doctor ordered. That was fun.

th3dude

What have you all been doing about cp runners on xbox live specifically? Filing complaints or anything? I'm finally starting to come across these assholes. Also where is our patch?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
foomfoom415 said:
A vote to skip quarry on domination that passes? Fuckwits. Oooh wasteland. Nice job, morons.

Edit: Some good ol' FFA booster hunting is just what the doctor ordered. That was fun.

could be worse. Could be Underpass.

I'm going to vote, yet again, for IW to pull Highrise and Skidrow out of the Domination rotation.

We all know why Highrise is awful on Domination - it's so incredibly easy to spawn-trap the opposing team once you hold Bravo. All it takes is one or two guys watching the lower path, and everybody else watching the windows, and they are truly and royally boned. The map design in general is fun and clever, but on Domination the narrow design is a detriment.

Skidrow is awful because it's incredibly lopsided: the Charlie spawn is so incredibly superior to the Alpha spawn that it's not even funny. Alpha spawns way out in the open, easy targets for air support. Alpha has a long, narrow funnel approach to the east steps, while Charlie has plenty of cover. Charlie has the MG turret which can fire into Bravo. I could go on and on. Holding Charlie pretty much guarantees the match.

Please! IW can't you please pull these maps from the Domination rotation? PLEASE!

Pulka said:
I just prestiged.

It's ok, i prestiged a couple of days ago so i'm on my 5th prestige.

What's funny is that when i prestiged we were about to play on Wasteland and some dudes were giving me shit for prestiging on the "worst map to prestige on." Long story short, i ended up with the highest score on both teams using the First Recon class.

Never underestimate a good player

Hyunkel6

Pulka said:
I just prestiged.

The only thing I regret about prestiging is the loss of the stinger. I don't know why, but the majority of players don't even bother to shoot down air support anymore. It's frustrating as hell when you see a harrier or pavelow in the open moving down your team and can't do anything about it. The stinger should have been a default weapon, not an unlockable.

SCAT01

Neo Member
Cant live without my Stinger :p

Most of the people I know take down the killstreaks as soon as they appear.

This one dude and his friend were giving us a hard time because were were better than them.

Anyways so all they are doing is camping and by chance one of them gets a AC-130 and I take out my stinger and 3 shots later its down :p

The guy and his friend left the lobby after that game

LOL

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
dIEHARD said:
Only thing i noticed wrong was that you can indeed make the jump from the middle of B to where the banana leaves are.

Whenever I try with an AR, I can't make it. It's kinda like the top of the plane wing jump into C point on Afghan, I could only do it with a sub.

ydnawel

Neo Member
Do you know what makes me feel like a badass? Using vector with acog scope. It's so freaking loud and it's nearly impossible to aim down the sights. I can only imagine what it's like blinged with rapid fire as well :lol.
(I think I'll try that now)

Wow, I just had a monster game on Favela playing Domination. I went 58-7 but that's not the real story.

The real story is we won 200-11. When it was over, I was like wtf? They only scored 11 points? 0_0

rezuth

Wessiej said:
How in the world could that piss you off? Pathetic.
Yes, very pathetic. I suppose the only way not to be pathetic is to click on links with content that interest me only to be rickrolled. I suppose watching Rick Astley singing about how he wishes to never give me up all day is the exact opposite of pathetic.

Grow up
LeMaximilian said:
Starting up a 'How to Dominate' video series for MW2, each highlighting a different map. Episode 1, Favela!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DIxs2tnGjU w/commentary
Great work man, looking forward to seeing more :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
man i wish there were replays other than the game winning kill!

i had the most insanely lucky kill ever...with a flashbang
dude was camping by the sniping spot by A in domination and i threw a flashbang at the window and he gets hit by it as hes runs by, killing him :lol :lol

I'm getting my father a PS3 for his birthday. Do any of the current gen Call of Duty games have historically accurate campaigns? He probably won't be playing online, are the games worth playing for the single player experience?

xtheEnemy

Banned
archnemesis said:
I'm getting my father a PS3 for his birthday. Do any of the current gen Call of Duty games have historically accurate campaigns? He probably won't be playing online, are the games worth playing for the single player experience?

It's worth a rent.

Harrier/Pavelow/Nuke = 10/10 Very Hard. <-Good luck with that.

Harrier/Chopper/Nuke = 2/10 Easy. <-If you're harrier gets destroyed 5 secs after hovering, then don't expect to get a nuke on that game. Even if you get your Chopper Gunner up, it'll go down easily too since it only takes 1 stinger user to take it down.
Not to mention the "Airspace" bullshit.

Harrier/AC130/Nuke = 4/10 Normal. <--AC130 can kill lots of enemies, but on most maps your enemies can just hide for 30secs or until your AC130 is destroyed since bullets of AC130 doesn't go through walls/roofs unlike Chopper Gunner's. Good thing about AC130 is it's easy to spot and kill stinger users, and a single guy won't take your AC130 down alone without dying. And no airspace required.

Pavelow/Chopper/Nuke = 9/10 Hard. <-- Getting 9/8(with hardline) killstreak is very hard, but if you miraculously got it, then an easy nuke is incoming, unless ofcourse you got smart enemies who has a Stinger+Cold Blooded class (Like me).

OldJadedGamer said:
I was playing some COD4 this weekend and forgot just how tight and balanced it is. I was having so much fun then my friends sent me a game invite for MW2 and I switched over cause I hadn't played with them in a while and 2 minutes into one match for MW2 made me really start missing COD4. It's just not fun for me anymore like COD4 is.

Absolutely. The game is just almost perfect for multi-player in terms of Call Of Duty franchise and I can see why I do not like Modern 2. Hopefully Treyarch will get it right this fall, I might actually consider buying a Treyarch game.

Massa

archnemesis said:

CoD 4 or CoD 5 are more realistically grounded than MW2.

archnemesis said:

Single player campaign for COD4 is definitely worth playing once, MW2 is ok. If you are just going to play the campaign part of the game, none of those are worth buying, an average gamer will be done with either of the game within 4-6 hours on normal, so I would suggest not to buy.

There are other shooters that might be worth spending the money on, but if your dad really wants to play Call Of Duty game, go rent it.

I never played COD5: WAW, so I can't comment on that.

xtheEnemy said:
It's worth a rent.

Harrier/Pavelow/Nuke = 10/10 Very Hard. <-Good luck with that.

Pavelow/Chopper/Nuke = 9/10 Hard. <-- Getting 9/8(with hardline) killstreak is very hard, but if you miraculously got it, then an easy nuke is incoming, unless ofcourse you got smart enemies who has a Stinger+Cold Blooded class (Like me).

Actually as far as im aware Pavelow has never added to your killstreak for whatever reason so if your nuke hunting you wouldn't use them at all.

kyo_daikun said:
Actually as far as im aware Pavelow has never added to your killstreak for whatever reason so if your nuke hunting you wouldn't use them at all.
They apparently work sometimes. I've seen an FFA nuke with Harrier/Pavelow/Nuke setup on YouTube.

If you want to make it work every time you apparently have to call in the Pavelow, then get a kill before it does. So I suppose you hold it until some guy passes by, click right, then shoot him in the back.

Edit: Found it, apparently it was SeaNanners and he runs Pavelow/CG/Nuke. He launches the Pavelow, then hides and the Pavelow gets the CG while he's hiding without him getting any kills in between...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvg3a504bDo

Speaking of "holding" it, Bowling justified the EMP using that term. Apparently they envisioned the EMP being held and used once the enemy had put up some air support. When you think about it that way, I could see it being useful. Still too high at 15 though.

divisionbyzorro said:
Speaking of "holding" it, Bowling justified the EMP using that term. Apparently they envisioned the EMP being held and used once the enemy had put up some air support. When you think about it that way, I could see it being useful. Still too high at 15 though.
This post made me realize that I have to start running with the EMP equipped so I can use it against CP glitchers. Get it, wait until they start spamming and start feeling awesome, then take all their shit down at once and stop them from doing it for another minute! :lol

Top Bottom