• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ydnawel said:
Do you know what makes me feel like a badass? Using vector with acog scope.
Two words: A Kimbo.

I should try that Vector. At least the Vector has parallel angles going for it, but it's still nearly as ugly as the TAR.

aku:jiki said:
CP glitchers

OK, if you're (IW/Activision/Microsoft) not going to clamp down on the CP glitch (or you haven't figured out how), at least add a postmortem routine that:

A) Checks to see who used a care package in the game,
B) Adds up the total number of kills that person had,
C) Divides that number by the number of care package markers thrown,
D) If the resulting number is less than 4 (or 3, if perk 2 is Hardline), then
E) That person gets a 1-week ban from XBL
F) Almost every game mode is resurrected, and people start liking MW2 again

For A: B/C < 4, you're fucking 86ed, (B/C < 3, you're also 86ed, Hardline a-hole)

It's a simple six-step plan. I feel like Ross Perot.

Sealda

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
OK, if you're (IW/Activision/Microsoft) not going to clamp down on the CP glitch (or you haven't figured out how), at least add a postmortem routine that:

A) Checks to see who used a care package in the game,
B) Adds up the total number of kills that person had,
C) Divides that number by the number of care package markers thrown,
D) If the resulting number is less than 4 (or 3, if perk 2 is Hardline), then
E) That person gets a 1-week ban from XBL
F) Almost every game mode is resurrected, and people start liking MW2 again

For A: B/C < 4, you're fucking 86ed, (B/C < 3, you're also 86ed, Hardline a-hole)

It's a simple six-step plan. I feel like Ross Perot.

Yes. How hard can it be? Why not do the same with the Prestige 10 glitchers. I know a lot of people who did that glitch on PS3. They have like 10 days playtime or higher right now, but still they cheated. The whole prestige thing is completely broken. In COD4 during at-least the first year, the golden cross actually represented a veteran, a player with lots of experience. In MW2 the first thing i think when i see a Prestige 10 is "Cheater" and "Im gonna own that noob".

1. Calculate amount of minim. XP you need to get to prestige 10. Check with the database who of the Prestige 10s who actually have that amount of Score/XP.

2.Demote them to level 1.

I actually tried the Prestige 10 hack on my Japanese account just to see if it really worked. Played to like level 6 and a couple of weeks ago i logged onto expecting myself to be banned. But no, even though they blocked the glitch they did not punish the glitchers. I mean i would rather see them hand out free Prestige 10 to every player if it was impossible to find the glitchers. Because what we have now is the worst case scenario. A couple of real Prestige 10 who earned their symbol right while a whole gang of glitchers and noobs running around taking the glory of being prestige 10s.

Kujo

I love the people who use the Care Package glitch for Emergancy Airdrops, since it shows up to everybody in the game who's doing it.

xtheEnemy said:
a single guy won't take your AC130 down alone without dying.
I have Scavenger on my Anti-Air class, so I can take down one myself in one life.

Meier

Got my longest streak yesterday using the Harrier/Pavelow/CG on Rundown.. so the Pavelow worked for me. Might be because the Harrier got a kill before the Pavelow did once it was called in? I didn't really pay attention. I was actually right near their spawn hidden for my entire CG run so I was just absolutely unloading on the spawn point in the top left but for some reason it wasnt killing them instantly even with Danger Close on. I guess they might give them a little extra health even w/o the pain pill when it looks like a spawn is being camped so to speak?

My team was so terrible though that even with my 30 kills in a row, we still only won like 10,000 to 8,800 or something. :lol

Mojo said:
I have Scavenger on my Anti-Air class, so I can take down one myself in one life.
I have the same set up but from my experience, when I am using my Stinger over and over, I'm likely to end up getting killed before I can down it on my first life. With 3-4 shots required, I'd say I have a 20% chance of living through all of them (and not from the AA).

vndlbt.jpg

shuri said:
how come the freaking patch isnt out yet.
Is that Korean riot control police?

Props to whomever dresses their cops like this, 'cause they're gonna be the Empire when Star Wars happens for real.

This isn't the rock-throwing student we're looking for.

Sealda

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
vndlbt.jpg

Is that Korean riot control police?

Props to whomever dresses their cops like this, 'cause they're gonna be the Empire when Star Wars happens for real.

This isn't the rock-throwing student we're looking for.

I think i saw police dressed like that in a i think documentary about the 1999 Seattle protests. I searched for pics now quickly but did not find anyone dressed like that though.

EDIT:
(This was a necessary post)
tbilisi_police.jpg

Found this pic of a Tbilsi police from Georgia.

ziegen

I have a couple of questions that you guys might be able to help me out with. I mostly play HC TDM on the PS3 if that helps at all.

1) How do you use the AC130 and Chopper Gunner properly? Is there just the one gun you aim or can you switch to different guns when you are "controlling" them? I never worried about it before but I changed my kill streaks up to help out my team more and now I occasionally get one in a care package.

2) When you have different equipment at your disposal (UAV, care package marker, and sentry gun marker) it says to "push left" to call them in/throw marker. The game always uses the last one I gained first. Is there a way to call them in/throw the makers in a different order?

Thanks

ZIEGENJ on the PS3, btw. I have my clan tag set to nGAF.

ziegen said:
I have a couple of questions that you guys might be able to help me out with. I mostly play HC TDM on the PS3 if that helps at all.

1) How do you use the AC130 and Chopper Gunner properly? Is there just the one gun you aim or can you switch to different guns when you are "controlling" them? I never worried about it before but I changed my kill streaks up to help out my team more and now I occasionally get one in a care package.

(Chopper gunner has nothing to change -- far as I know)

2) When you have different equipment at your disposal (UAV, care package marker, and sentry gun marker) it says to "push left" to call them in/throw marker. The game always uses the last one I gained first. Is there a way to call them in/throw the makers in a different order?

Thanks

ZIEGENJ on the PS3, btw. I have my clan tag set to nGAF.

1) AC130 yes, you MUST cycle through the 3 guns to get good kills. The very first, huge gun fires only once about every 5 seconds, while the 2nd gun can rain down a burst of 4 rounds every 5 seconds. The third, machine gun, is worthless, just cycle back to the first.

2) You use stuff in the order you earned it/picked it up. Wait... I mean... You use the last thing you gained/picked up first.

LIFO.

Mojo said:
I love the people who use the Care Package glitch for Emergancy Airdrops, since it shows up to everybody in the game who's doing it.

Sleight of Hand Pro + Stinger = AC130 down by one person with 2 shots. No scavenger needed

aku:jiki

Oh god Scrambler is even more useless than I thought! I'm trying to finish it and it ONLY counts gun kills! I thought putting it on a knife class would make it bearable but nope! I can't believe getting 94 more kills is going to be more painful than being in CP-glitch matches or private lobby FFA's on Rust. :(

divisionbyzorro said:
AC-130 has two flares. It takes three missiles to take it down.
Pretty sure the AC-130 has infinite flares. It just has a "respawn time."
I've done it numerous times. Try it. You gotta be fast. If you did it right the flares should be disappearing when you got your next shot off.

Mr. B Natural said:
Pretty sure the AC-130 has infinite flares. It just has a "respawn time."
I've done it numerous times. Try it. You gotta be fast. If you did it right the flares should be disappearing when you got your next shot off.
It'll stay up a long time if there's one person going after it.
Two people with two Stingers can take it out quick. You just have to have two committed people on your team.*

*Rare

DeuceMojo said:
It'll stay up a long time if there's one person going after it.
Two people with two Stingers can take it out quick. You just have to have two committed people on your team.*

*Rare

Yeah, I'm probably wrong about the infinite flares, as the ac130 doesn't stay up for long you can't really tell, but I do know you can take it out with 2 well timed stinger shots. There's a cool off or respawn time with the flares. And I do know you can take it out yourself with sleight of hand pro. It is much easier with a friend. Do it too early and the flare will veer off both rockets and do it too late and the ac130's second flare will go off.

Oh god Scrambler is even more useless than I thought! I'm trying to finish it and it ONLY counts gun kills! I thought putting it on a knife class would make it bearable but nope! I can't believe getting 94 more kills is going to be more painful than being in CP-glitch matches or private lobby FFA's on Rust. :(

Scrambler could have worked if it created false positives on the radar screen rather than blur it out. Oh well.

Jrmint

DeuceMojo said:
I should try that Vector. At least the Vector has parallel angles going for it, but it's still nearly as ugly as the TAR.
I don't think it is ugly at all, I actually think it is pretty cool looking when you're holding it.

It has definitely become my favorite SMG, it is a beast with silencer and SP.

Meier

I've tried to use the Vector but it murders my accuracy rating.. I still can't get past 22%... keep getting near and then falling. Think I'm at like 21.85%.

Spinning Plates said:
When you EMP the enemy does that stop any of the anti-aircraft missiles being able to lock on?
Doubtful. But good question. It's kinda funny to see my red dot disappear during an EMP. I put the sight on an enemy and I wonder "how ever will I get that centered on him?" and then he dies.

funcojoe

I'm working on the AK-47 right now, title's and emblems. Getting the kills with the Acog attached was kinda painful and hilarious with how much kick the thing has.

Now just gotta work on the fmj and the kills/500 headshots lol. anyone here legitly get the 500 headshots with the AK yet?

I never attempted shooting down an AC-130 due to what I read in this thread. Usually I'm the only one shooting down air support. The other day though, I said what the hell and took down an AC-130 with two stinger shots. I fired the first one and got flares and (w/o sleight of hand pro) reloaded and fired the second and got a direct hit. Good shit to know.

Meier said:
I've tried to use the Vector but it murders my accuracy rating.. I still can't get past 22%... keep getting near and then falling. Think I'm at like 21.85%.
I'm at 25.98%, I'm frugal with my bullets. Also, I almost exclusively use the M16 which might help. Any other gun is just spray and pray with me. I'm trying to learn the AK-47, but I really despise its recoil. Does anyone know of any good attachments for it that make it useful or just basic tips?

Almost finished with this on Veteran. So far it's been really easy. Only part I've struggled with a little bit is the section where you gotta run on the roof and escape. I kept getting shot down there. Other than it's been easy. I already have all the achievements completed besides half the Vet ones and getting the intel. Intel should be easy though so then I'll have all 1000 points. :D

Spinning Plates said:
When you EMP the enemy does that stop any of the anti-aircraft missiles being able to lock on?
Yes, pretty sure it does. Only thing it doesn't kill is the F2000's MARS scope (red dot), I think, and I believe that's intentional.

I just got an EMP in a care package...a CP that landed straight and then slid the whole 20 yards right at me and smashed me into the wall I was leaning against. :lol

VALKYRAY

Banned
ydnawel said:
Do you know what makes me feel like a badass? Using vector with acog scope. It's so freaking loud and it's nearly impossible to aim down the sights. I can only imagine what it's like blinged with rapid fire as well :lol.
(I think I'll try that now)
try vector with thermal, no steady aim and stopping power. people get very mad when you kill em with this kit

ziegen

DeuceMojo said:
1) AC130 yes, you MUST cycle through the 3 guns to get good kills. The very first, huge gun fires only once about every 5 seconds, while the 2nd gun can rain down a burst of 4 rounds every 5 seconds. The third, machine gun, is worthless, just cycle back to the first.

2) You use stuff in the order you earned it/picked it up. Wait... I mean... You use the last thing you gained/picked up first.

LIFO.

Thx for the info. How do you cycle through the guns on the PS3? I tried a couple of buttons once and ended up canceling my AC130 :(

ziegen said:
Thx for the info. How do you cycle through the guns on the PS3? I tried a couple of buttons once and ended up canceling my AC130 :(

If there is a way to cancel the AC130/Apache, I don't know what it is.

And you cycle weapons just like you would normally cycle weapons. I play 360, so I don't know the button, but use whatever button you would normally use to change weapons.

divisionbyzorro said:
Agreed; this is good. I would love to see Sub Base next, as even after 5+ days of playtime in this game I still don't know how you're supposed to play this map.

ProTip - The map is a spawn rape orgy. I'm sure you know where those spawn spots are. Don't go to them. Run away, then come back at a different angle. Quiet, slightly distant vantage points are good places when everyone is too busy to look at sides. And by vantage points in subbase I mean the entire half of the map nobody looks or goes to. While everyone else is doing the eye for an eye collide from the server room to the forklift garage, you're picking them off at a vantage point nobody is looking and getting 5 cheap and easy kills...that leads to 7 that leads to 11 that leads to...you know where this is going. If they start to wise up...so what? you have the entire half of the map to yourself. Go to spot B. Rinse repeat.

I guess what I'm saying is that max's video applies to every freggin map in this poorly constructed game. There are spots that are extremely cheap and they are rarely ever where the main conflict is flowing.

As Max very wisely said, the netcode and latency makes it so any dumbass can kill another. Doesn't matter if you're better or quicker, going head to head leads to what feels like random results at times because the main factors of life or death are not anyone's control. This isn't cod4. You gotta find cheap spots, block it off the best you can with claymores. Toss on sitrep pro so nobody will ever ever get behind/near you without you knowing and...well that's about it. Just hope the other team isn't lucky or smart enough to figure you out before you reach that magic number 5. And even if they do...so what? You go 1.5:1 or 2:1 kdr and you still whooped ass.

I've never played with max. He seems like a nice guy and he is very very good, but if I were to play against him we would probably never even see each other. That's just the way it is. Neither one of us would fall for each other's tricks. He'd be picking off the easy targets on my team and I would be doing the same against his. That being said, i'd much much much rather have a guy like that on my team...as long as he doesn't steal my favorite spots :D

That being said. Some people are starting to wise up, and it's not going to be good for this game. If you can't beat em (and you won't once we're locked in), avoid em. Played a game of skidrow last night where the entire other team left after realizing they got the bad spawn and dying a couple of times they knew we knew how to block it off. They knew there were screwed and more importantly they knew we weren't going anywhere. So they left...end score 300 - 0.

Kujo

Spinning Plates said:
I was able to shoot down a Harrier with the Stinger during an EMP, so I don't think so.

ziegen said:
The buttons are listed on the screen when you use it dude... :lol

desu

kaizoku said:
this happened to me once, I had to laugh to be honest, must've been funny for the guy waiting for it to land.

I guess I could have laughed too, if my team didnt suck that much at that point =/.

Stantron

Try this setup:
RPD + heartbeat sensor
AA Shotty + grip
Claymore, Smoke
Scavenger
SP or Hardline
Scrambler

The trick with scrambler is not to use it as a run and gun strategy. If you move, it's safer to do it a few paces behind teammates. Don't be a lone wolf. It's best to find a non-obvious spot in a high traffic area; ideally multi level and with multiple paths, not in the wide open, or obvious to pin point spots. Scrambler works well for baiting, so use claymore traps, bait enemies into areas where teammates can flank them. Use HBS to detect where enemies are coming from, but move to a new location in the same area after a few kills. Scrambler can be a lot of fun on Domination games where you make it your duty to defend one of the flags for the majority of the match.

Ovid

Spinning Plates said:
No. It happened to me this past weekend. I was still able to fire a Stinger at a Harrier. Pretty dumb, I know.

ziegen

The buttons are listed on the screen when you use it dude... :lol

Well fuck me......:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I've never even noticed. Now I probably won't get another AC130 for weeks, but when I do........ohhhh boy. :lol :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Mr. B Natural said:
I guess what I'm saying is that max's video applies to every freggin map in this poorly constructed game. There are spots that are extremely cheap and they are rarely ever where the main conflict is flowing.

As Max very wisely said, the netcode and latency makes it so any dumbass can kill another. Doesn't matter if you're better or quicker, going head to head leads to what feels like random results at times because the main factors of life or death are not anyone's control. This isn't cod4. You gotta find cheap spots, block it off the best you can with claymores. Toss on sitrep pro so nobody will ever ever get behind/near you without you knowing and...well that's about it. Just hope the other team isn't lucky or smart enough to figure you out before you reach that magic number 5. And even if they do...so what? You go 1.5:1 or 2:1 kdr and you still whooped ass.

Yea, I honestly try to avoid close quarter conflicts at all times. And if it does happen, the AA-12 usually gets the job done better than any other. I'm the biggest fan of getting kills without having to directly be in a firefight tho...which is why claymores can be a godsend sometimes...or a total disaster when they refuse to kill people without danger close.

Not to gloat, but to use as an example, in COD4...you could hold down whole sections of an area while people furiously ran at you trying to take you down, racking up kill after kill if you were a good shot with good cover. Eventually, you'd eat one of the 30 grenades they were throwing at you, then it's over. You just can't do that in MW2 consistently. Sure it happens every once in awhile, and you feel mega beast. But shortly there after, you get a deathstreak...and have no idea wtf is going on. That's probably one of my biggest complaints about MW2, is consistency...something that COD4 did pretty damn well.

And I'd love to do another video soon. Problem is, I've had several games on different maps where it starts off... "Alright, this is going pretty damn good. This one might work out." Then quickly after the 3 minute mark, care packages start raining out of the sky on the enemy team, and I'll eventually get killed by the unlimited air support.

Jrmint

Verboten said:
I'm trying to learn the AK-47, but I really despise its recoil. Does anyone know of any good attachments for it that make it useful or just basic tips?
The silencer makes a pretty nice difference on it, and the AK has pretty nice damage so you shouldn't see much of a difference by going to a silencer. Also the iron sights are so nice on that gun that you will be just fine without RDS or Holo (if you are using one now).

mr_boo

One of the things I've been noticing lately is just how flexible MW2 is over COD4, at least from my personal experience. Case in point, lately in a good majority of the maps (except for Terminal and Rust), I'm finding myself using custom kits just based on how I feel like playing.

For example, for a given Quarry Match, I feel that either a SP Kit, CB Kit, Hardline Kit or OMA Kits are all viable - namely I can moderately find success to varying degrees using any of those kits on that map (again, qualifying by saying this just my personal experience). This is actually quite refreshing compared to COD4 where I was predominately using 3 Frags - SP - G3 Kit in every single match situation. Don't get me wrong, COD4 was a brilliant game, but MW2 is keeping my interest more than afloat.

Mileena

Banned
Silenced AK would be my favorite AR in the game if I got to use it for more than 70k-ish exp. I absolutely HATE that they made it a level 70 weapon :(

Frillen

A friend of mine, who is a programmer for a Finnish game company, told me that the care package/emergency airdrop glitches has to be some kind of weird marketing blitz by IW. Because he told me that it would take one guy less than two hours to fix those problems.

I stumbled over a montage that I thought was really fun. Never heard of the kid playing but it has some really great stuff... My favorites are when the song goes "oh! oh! oh!" and he just plays a bunch of rocket multi-kills in sync with it (so perfect!) and the ridiculously insane sniping streak he has at the end. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcv0f5LBG3A

Edit: Have to add another favorite - when he's climbing the ladder in Terminal, goes oh shit, backs up and actually hits the guy with the noscope. God damn.

Frillen said:
A friend of mine, who is a programmer for a Finnish game company, told me that the care package/emergency airdrop glitches has to be some kind of weird marketing blitz by IW. Because he told me that it would take one guy less than two hours to fix those problems.
The thing was that up until lately, they would just patch each specific exploit instead of going to the bottom of it and looking at why the issue occured in the first place. They're not trying to trick people, they were just being lazy.

Sealda

Banned
mr_boo said:
This is actually quite refreshing compared to COD4 where I was predominately using 3 Frags - SP - G3 Kit in every single match situation. Don't get me wrong, COD4 was a brilliant game, but MW2 is keeping my interest more than afloat.

I hope you are referring to HC when you talk about COD4 or that you played on PC

Top Bottom