• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

TestOfTide said:
It's perfectly fine. Stopping power is required to OHK anything at full health with a silenced sniper, and that's with a headshot.

Non-silenced, its perfectly balanced, because the idea is that you are supposed to OHK anything with stopping power if you hit them at the head or torso (unless you are using a weaker, more stable sniper). If you OHK someone by shooting them in the limb, it's because they were already damaged. It's pretty much like CoD4 except without the M40 and without annoying juggernauts.
But that's not a reponse to what I said at all? I'm talking about times when you DO hit them in the upper chest and still just get a damage marker. If you snipe a whole match, you'll probably have that happen at least once.

Like just now, I was on Highrise and this other sniper and I were dancing around the spawn-snipe spot right in the beginning of the match. The only part of his I could see behind all the obstructions was his ghillied head, and I shot at him 3-5 times and only got damage markers. How can that be possible or sensible if the only thing that sticks out is his head?

kaizoku said:
I don't even understand how it works, is it just a case of trying to line up a shot first and reacting real fast when you zoom in to find your target and shoot? Or is there some kind of aim assist going on?
Haters will claim that all they're doing is pressing LT and RT and letting aim assist do all the work but that's bullshit. They're lining up the target using the hipfire crosshairs and they zoom to make sure the bullet hits. I think it's pretty impressive, I know I don't have good enough aim to pull it off.

The situation you describe with him bobbing and weaving would've happened with an AR too - the exact same situation can easily occur with a FAMAS with SP on. Only that's waaayyy easier than quickscoping.

So this quadriplegic guy is trying to get IW to add custom button mapping so he can, you know, actually play at all. The guy is pretty awesome so it's easy to want to support his cause. Check out the video of him trying to enjoy Rust, including the best quote ever: "Rust is a perfect example of why being handicapped can totally suck!" :lol

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=askacapper#p/u/5/G--u63Gka_0

Here's his petition:

http://www.**************.com/cu5t0m/petition.html

I don't think it'll work and it'll probably get as ignored as any other request being made, but it's a cause worth supporting anyway. :D

Edit: Aw, it's banned? :(

Mush said:
Small update. Now focusing on finshing OMA VI and, (gulp) Last Stand VI and Danger Close VI. Still huntin' for that elusive first Nuke.
Got a friend standing on 1st prestige lvl 70. Are you anticipating not playing through to 10th? I can't see why someone would stall at 70.

DarkJC

DeuceMojo said:
Got a friend standing on 1st prestige lvl 70. Are you anticipating not playing through to 10th? I can't see why someone would stall at 70.

Yeah I don't understand why you would bother maxing out those challenges until you're ready to stop prestiging.

Belfast said:
Akimbo anything needs to be removed from the game. For fucking real.
I disagree. It's a totally different style of play. At medium range, if a guy strafes from around the bend with his ACR+stopping power, he'll smoke me, even if I'm running at him firing my G18s, but then if he steps out and is 10 feet from me, he's dead every time.

People aren't helpless against akimbo users, they just need to avoid QCBs.

MW2 made the SMG a completely worthwhile alternative to lugging around an assault rifle.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I would fucking love it if they released a 2-4 player campaign mode. spec ops is awesome, why cant there be a bigger campaign :(

passing controllers around sucks.

as does FPS deathmatch on the same screen. I hate people being able to look on my screen and see where I am.

Sealda

Banned
Quick scoping is all about feeling for me. You just have to be in the zone. I hate that phrase but it is truth. Its about not thinking at anything special, just shoot.

The moment i start thinking about what i should do i messes up.

To Quick scope you MUST use Sleight Of Hand Pro, also Steady Aim is preferable. High sensitivity is great, i have mine on 10 (PS3).

aku:jiki said:
But that's not a reponse to what I said at all? I'm talking about times when you DO hit them in the upper chest and still just get a damage marker. If you snipe a whole match, you'll probably have that happen at least once.

Like just now, I was on Highrise and this other sniper and I were dancing around the spawn-snipe spot right in the beginning of the match. The only part of his I could see behind all the obstructions was his ghillied head, and I shot at him 3-5 times and only got damage markers. How can that be possible or sensible if the only thing that sticks out is his head?

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by damage marker. I for some reason though you were complaining about snipers being able to shoot when only their head is visible.

As for your example, it sounds like the sniper bullet was going through the obstruction, which when you are using a high-penetration weapon, like a sniper, will lead to damage still being done but there being greatly reduced damage depending on the obstruction. Was he hiding behind a barrel or xerox or a regular wall?

kaizoku

I'm tempted to go tactical, drop and shoot seems like it would be a very deadly habit to have.

I'd miss my melee though. Not sure. Shame you can't have run moved to somewhere else.

what do you guys reckon? melee or prone?

funcojoe

I tried out hardline yesterday all day and I gotta say I really didn't miss stopping power too much. Went with the class build that guy had in his vid, Scar, scavenger, steady aim, and extended mags with claymores.

It def works on certain maps for me and when all was done and told yesterday I ended up having at least 6-8 chopper gunners in 5 hours of playtime. Def a good day yesterday and got the kdr up to 1.95.

The only maps I feel like I need my stopping power on are Terminal due to the way I play that map I need to be able to take down multiple guys at once and fast. Rust - obvious reasons.

funcojoe

kaizoku said:
I'm tempted to go tactical, drop and shoot seems like it would be a very deadly habit to have.

I'd miss my melee though. Not sure. Shame you can't have run moved to somewhere else.

I never melee, it's one of the only draw backs of my game. I spent so many years of melee jump back and shooting in halo I never developed a mindset for that kind of gameplay. With mw2 though if I'm set up with claymores I win 8/10 close qrt situations cause I'm made aware a knife runner is coming and I can get the shot off before he hits me. Now when its a sudden suprise you turn a corner he turns a corner and you have the option of shooting or knifing I shoot. In this scenario I usually end up dying but I really would say it's even cause my reflex is to jump and shoot towards ther side. Again that comes from playing Halo so there are def times where I'm sure people think who the fuck would shoot in that situation. I do and I don't think I'll ever be a melee kinda player.

Anyway I would say melee isn't that important if you're a smart player.

Jrmint

This care package glitching is getting out of control.

This guy on Derail had Harrier => Chopper Gunner (which at first I thought was normal) then I saw him killed and immediately came back with a Pave Low followed by another Chopper Gunner, it is absolutely absurd. Just about every room I go into someone is doing it. MS needs to get off of their ass and certify or whatever they need to do with this patch, bc it is putting non cheating players at an enormous disadvantage.

I just don't get it, what is it they need to do that is taking them over a week.

As for the DLC, I really hope it is not just maps that come out, even though I am sure it will be. I think it would be really cool if they added 1 additional weapon from each type, at least primary weapons. I don't count on that happening, but one can hope.

kaizoku

Case said:
Do most people use the default sensitivity?

I use 7-8. Feels great. I seem to only move my right stick a little bit nowadays and its a nuisance when moving it a bit doesn't translate into big enough camera movement.

My system is still doing that whole randomly switch to low sensitivity though. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT??

Honestly I have to check all the time and it does it a few times per session.

or maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me and whenever I do badly I check the sensitivity and thats when the low option becomes highlighted. but I'm pretty sure I always notice a slower aiming motion, go to check my settings and lo and behold, LOW. WTF.

Skel said:

This guy on Derail had Harrier => Chopper Gunner (which at first I thought was normal) then I saw him killed and immediately came back with a Pave Low followed by another Chopper Gunner, it is absolutely absurd. Just about every room I go into someone is doing it. MS needs to get off of their ass and certify or whatever they need to do with this patch, bc it is putting non cheating players at an enormous disadvantage.

I just don't get it, what is it they need to do that is taking them over a week.

As for the DLC, I really hope it is not just maps that come out, even though I am sure it will be. I think it would be really cool if they added 1 additional weapon from each type, at least primary weapons. I don't count on that happening, but one can hope.

Admittedly my pace has slowed since ME2, but I've never noticed it.

Hyunkel6

Skel said:

I have been playing a lot of mercenary team deathmatchs lately, and never noticed the glitch. I guess it's rampant mostly in team-based playlists? My advice is to stick to MTDM until the patch hits (which should be anytime now, hopefully).

kaizoku said:

I reckon it's a hard habit to acquire. I thought "I'll go tactical so I can drop whenever someone's got the drop on me" and also "I'll never again mistakenly swing my knife when I'm aiming quickly."

The reality: the ONLY time tactical is of use is if you really really spend a lot of time prone. You will never win a melee again. I dropped it after about 5 matches.

Hyunkel6 said:
I have been playing a lot of mercenary team deathmatchs lately, and never noticed the glitch. I guess it's rampant mostly in team-based playlists? My advice is to stick to MTDM until the patch hits (which should be anytime now, hopefully).
We've been over this!

If you don't notice it happening, it's either because you didn't pay much attention to "enemy care package incoming! enemy care package incoming! enemy care package incoming!" (which I don't blame you for - I don't notice it myself half the time) or because the guy cheating is taking it easy. Some go all out and drop EA after EA after EA, some just toss a free care package here and there, maybe 5 in a match. But it literally is in EVERY match in some form. I swear!

Jrmint

Hyunkel6 said:
Yea I play mostly Domination with a little MTDM, so I will try that. Thanks for the heads up.

mr_boo

Sealda said:
I cannot imagine playing with the G3 on most maps and especially Shipment must have been pure hell.
From my memory, Shipment was not part of TDM rotation.

Sealda said:
Well that is what i hate about MW2. 50 % of the players uses fun knifes, Claymores, Noob-tubes. I have said this before, but it cannot be stressed enough. Its fun with knifes, claymores and whatever. But when it basically becomes the prime killer for some peoples prime kit its not fun anymore. MW2 should be about having great aim and positioning. It should be about assault rifles and GUNS! Seriously its a freaking first person shooter, not a freaking Michael Myers simulator (heh...).

Why not give us some fun tanks and jetpacks. ITS ONLY A VIDEO-GAME relax! Don´t take it so seriously.

Fact is, these noob-tubers and knifers are having fun on behalf of us who play the game with guns.

Nobody would like the game to only have ARs but it would be 10 x better than only having commando knifers and noob-tubers. You see, the noob-tubers and commando knifers should have their own private lobbies where they can have "ONLY KNIFES ONLY KNIFES" rules.
What platform do you play on? I'm guessing XBox? I'm on the PS3 and I don't seem to run into these issues regularly at all. Seems like XBox's massive player base multiplies the frequency of these issues. Sorry dude.

aku:jiki said:
We've been over this!

If you don't notice it happening, it's either because you didn't pay much attention to "enemy care package incoming! enemy care package incoming! enemy care package incoming!" (which I don't blame you for - I don't notice it myself half the time) or because the guy cheating is taking it easy. Some go all out and drop EA after EA after EA, some just toss a free care package here and there, maybe 5 in a match. But it literally is in EVERY match in some form. I swear!

Nope. Incorrect. False.

I've seen it happen. But it's been rare for me. It was the same for me with the Javelin glitch. I would see one guy do it in about a third of my matches. Still enough to be stupid annoying, but not entirely gamebreaking.

divisionbyzorro said:
Nope. Incorrect. False.

I've seen it happen. But it's been rare for me. It was the same for me with the Javelin glitch. I would see one guy do it in about a third of my matches. Still enough to be stupid annoying, but not entirely gamebreaking.
It's a gamebreaker in Demo. You can jump from one room to another and see it again and again. I would say it's a minor annoyance, but you can be OWNING a team, like they just suck, and suddenly their fleet of aircraft just levels you and voila! they've won. They'll sort of mask it by letting it go to overtime, at which point they unleash 3 or 4 CPs/ EADs within seconds and then it's game over.

I'm a little surprised that the XBL people haven't gone online to observe and then shitcan people who are doing it. Start tossing out 1-week suspensions for obvious offenders, and you'll find there's barely anyone doing it anymore.

But never mind what Microsoft won't do, IW has had exactly 3 months to figure this shit out and patch it and... what?

careful

I find quick scoping is really hard to pull successfully and consistently. Anyone that's good at it is usually a highly skilled player and gets my respect.

Jrmint

Yea the Javelin Glitch was not game breaking bc it was one guy running into an area and blowing himself up with others.

This is a guy endlessly spawning air support demolishing your entire team. Pretty big difference I think. I at least started reporting the people I see doing it, if MS was gonna ban Javelin glitchers then ban these guys too.

DeuceMojo said:
It's a gamebreaker in Demo. You can jump from one room to another and see it again and again. I would say it's a minor annoyance, but you can be OWNING a team, like they just suck, and suddenly their fleet of aircraft just levels you and voila! they've won. They'll sort of mask it by letting it go to overtime, at which point they unleash 3 or 4 CPs/ EADs within seconds and then it's game over.

I'm a little surprised that the XBL people haven't gone online to observe and then shitcan people who are doing it. Start tossing out 1-week suspensions for obvious offenders, and you'll find there's barely anyone doing it anymore.

But never mind what Microsoft won't do, IW has had exactly 3 months to figure this shit out and patch it and... what?

I haven't played Demolition at all this prestige; it's been primarily Ground War. For whatever that's worth.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Infinite care package glitching all the damn time in demolition on PS3.

It's devastating when you're trying to plant bombs as it splits the team up. Some of the places they can call in care packages are remote and easily defendable adding to the problem. Tactical insertions and cold blooded help, however, not enough people use them.

mr_boo

i_am_ben said:
Infinite care package glitching all the damn time in demolition on PS3.

It's devastating when you're trying to plant bombs as it splits the team up. Some of the places they can call in care packages are remote and easily defendable adding to the problem. Tactical insertions and cold blooded help, however, not enough people use them.
Ah...sucks...didn't know the PS3 Demolition matches were polluted with this.

Wthermans

Banned
.nimrod said:
yeah, but that's more like invisible sway, since the bullet does not go where the crosshair is pointing at when your moving.
at least that's what i've experienced. there where times when i was dead center on some guy and didn't even get a hitmarker
Exactly. Just like when you shoot the ACOG as the sway is moving as max speed (not when it reaches the low or high point of the sway). You adjust your shot based on the direction and speed of the sway. It's difficult to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be nailing shots all day.

DeuceMojo said:
Back to level 30 in my second prestige. 30 to 70 is like a day and a half playtime, easy. What a GRIND. This is the closest I'll ever to WOW etc. :lol

I'll be starting P2 pretty soon myself (P1L69 right now). I just have a checklist of things I need to do before starting P2:

1. Two more nukes. This should happen pretty soon.
  2. AK-47/F2000 challenges. I'm not sure if I'll go for mastery or not, but I'd like to play around with them some before starting over.
  3. Complete the Sentry Gun emblem challenge.
  4. Complete the EMP emblem challenge. Not sure if I'll do this now or not. I have 1 right now (from a care package), and EMPs are vastly easier to earn than nukes (even if the Apache/AC-130 gets shot down, you almost always get 4 kills from it). For example, I got no nukes on my last session with friends, but I would have had 3 EMPs.

After nuke hunting on P1, I've already decided what I'm doing on P2. I'm going to roll with Hardline and play with UAV and Counter-UAV (the third will be Predator, Sentry, or Airstrike, depending upon my mood). I'm going to get the Hardline emblem, and try to hit the 1000 radar challenge. It'll be a totally different experience from the Harrier->Apache->Nuke combination that I've been playing with for 75% of P1.

Skel said:
Yea the Javelin Glitch was not game breaking bc it was one guy running into an area and blowing himself up with others.

It was in Hardcore since friendly fire is turned on so when he blew himself up he blew up all his teammates around him in turn griefing everyone.

th3dude

Karram said:
8/10 of the games I join there would be atleast 1 CP glitcher. Talking about 360 version.

Same, I'm seeing more and more every day on the 360. Pretty sure we got 'infinite air dropped' last night, too.

Mush

Well GAF, I'm pleased to announce that I've popped my Nuclear virginity cherry. 33-1 on GW Domination (Estate) was enough to get my first Nuke. I was kinda nervous because my Harrier got like 10 kills alone and I was like "Shit, things are going too well. :lol Maybe they're saving their Stingers for my Chopper Gunner?" Sure enough, they did, but that didn't stop me getting 8 more kills before they shot it down. And, as a added bonus, I completed Ultimate Sacrifice too. So now I'm a happy (non) camper. :)

Meier

PetriP-TNT said:
Still haven't seen a single CP glitcher in the PS3 version
You have, you're just not paying attention. There is 0% chance anyone who plays this game at all has not encountered it at this point. It is absolutely rampant.

Jrmint

PetriP-TNT said:
Still haven't seen a single CP glitcher in the PS3 version
I thought PS3 already had the patch which fixed it that is in MS certification atm?

Please don't tell me people have already found another way to do it and IW fucked up fixing this too.

OK, have any of you responded to cheating with cheating? I am tempted to do it. I guess that would make me just as much an asshole though.

And I don't need help. :D

jlevel13

After they finally (hopefully?) patch out the care package glitch, it'll be interesting to see if all the people who have been abusing it keep playing the game or what.

I think it's weird that so many people are still playing the game anyway. I've been on a hiatus waiting on the patch for over two weeks now - just couldn't stand the way the glitching was transforming the matches.

Mileena

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
MW2 made the SMG a completely worthwhile alternative to lugging around an assault rifle.
The MP5 in CoD4 was god and the P90 was pretty fucking awesome as well. I don't see how MW2 made SMGs worthwhile. If anything, they made them fucking suck because the new MP5 is ass and there's no AK74u. Fuck you IW.

careful

corkscrewblow said:
The MP5 in CoD4 was god and the P90 was pretty fucking awesome as well. I don't see how MW2 made SMGs worthwhile. If anything, they made them fucking suck because the new MP5 is ass and there's no AK74u. Fuck you IW.
Yeah I loved the SMGs in COD4. MP5 was sooo good.
Outside of the UMP, they're all pretty weak in MW2. Mid to long range, you get owned by ARs and short range you get owned by 0 TTK shotguns and teleporting knifers.

LegoDad

Skel said:
I thought PS3 already had the patch which fixed it that is in MS certification atm?

Please don't tell me people have already found another way to do it and IW fucked up fixing this too.

Already a way around the patch, a little harder than last time, but annoying as hell.

Nizz

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Medium isn't responsive enough while I tend to overcompensate when using High, so 4 for me.
So you are playing on high. ;) Maybe you meant to say 3? I feel the same, 2 (default) doesn't feel as responsive but sometimes playing on 4 (high) I overcompensate also. 3 feels right to me.

kaizoku said:
I use 7-8. Feels great. I seem to only move my right stick a little bit nowadays and its a nuisance when moving it a bit doesn't translate into big enough camera movement.

My system is still doing that whole randomly switch to low sensitivity though. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT??

Honestly I have to check all the time and it does it a few times per session.

or maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me and whenever I do badly I check the sensitivity and thats when the low option becomes highlighted. but I'm pretty sure I always notice a slower aiming motion, go to check my settings and lo and behold, LOW. WTF.
You play on PS3 also? Jesus, you play at 7-8? I see people suggesting to raise their sensitivity, it's better. I swear that settings thing you described happened to me also. I bumped the sens to 5 last night but I was having a bit of a tough time, and I can swear that my settings reverted back to custom (3).

Also, just recently got back into the game after getting a replacement slim PS3 (and finally giving the BC2 demo a break :D) and I haven't encountered any glitchers....yet.

DeuceMojo said:
OK, have any of you responded to cheating with cheating? I am tempted to do it. I guess that would make me just as much an asshole though.

And I don't need help. :D

Everytime someone care package glitches I throw on Cold Blooded with one man army toobs....... get 8 people down and emergency air drop glitch them. (if I can't seem to get 8 kills I switch out to just the 4 kills)

CozMick

Banned
I love this thread,

You guys spend every hour of every day either playing it or complaining about it on here.

Can you really play
and enjoy
a game that you loathe so much? :lol

Top Bottom