• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

snap0212

Sealda said:
To play on low sensitivity is like playing a fighting game with a pad. Yes, you can be as good as someone with the stick, but you will not be able to reach the sky.
You also can't do super-cool 360°/720° kills with the sniper rifle. :> (10 btw!)

Belfast

aku:jiki said:
Isn't that kind of an opposite way of going about the problem? :D

You should put Marathon back on and force yourself to stop reloading so much, instead of feeding the habit with Sleight of Hand!

Yeah, but if I had Marathon, I'd do it anyway. Sleight of Hand mitigates my bad habit by at least making it go faster (thus decreasing the time in which I would be caught unawares).

corkscrewblow said:
I just got the best hate mail ever :lol

"bitch ass white nigga noob tube"

Haha. Maybe it's cause I play in the merc room, but I've never had any hate mail. Surprising, 'cause I never play with a headset anymore, so nobody can talk shit that I'll hear.

Wow, I'm quite impressed with the AK. Didn't expect too much from it because of the recoil. But if you know how to handle it, the thing is fucking brutal! :lol

I don't see myself trading it in for that ugly prestige icon anytime soon!

fps fanatic said:
I loved the AK-47 for the short time I used it before going on my first Prestige. I think it was DeuceMojo who once called it a "meat grinder". I agree. :D
Awesome. I love an explicit name-drop with an accurate quote! :D

schennmu said:
Wow, I'm quite impressed with the AK. Didn't expect too much from it because of the recoil. But if you know how to handle it, the thing is fucking brutal! :lol

I don't see myself trading it in for that ugly prestige icon anytime soon!

I kinda feel the same, but once you start prestiging, there's almost no reason to stop.

I do intend to hold off on prestige 2 until my prestige-buddy is ready to do it too, so I've got some time before that happens (he's P1L47, so I should have plenty of time to get AK-47 Mastery before then :lol).

divisionbyzorro said:
I kinda feel the same, but once you start prestiging, there's almost no reason to stop.

I do intend to hold off on prestige 2 until my prestige-buddy is ready to do it too, so I've got some time before that happens (he's P1L47, so I should have plenty of time to get AK-47 Mastery before then :lol).

What sight are you using? I've experimented with Holo and RD, but came back to iron sights for good. Very nice open view without a horrible thick frame like the ACR.
Of course, this also opens the door for using FMJ ;)

schennmu said:
What sight are you using? I've experimented with Holo and RD, but came back to iron sights for good. Very nice open view without a horrible thick frame like the ACR.

Still working my way through the attachments, so I'm currently using the RDS. I don't really see much of an improvement over the irons though. I imagine ACOG is going to suck hardcore, and I'm curious to see what kind of improvement it gets from the silencer.

Haven't even tried ACOG, but yeah, I'm sure it sucks balls! Currently unlocking extended magazines, which seems to be relatively easy for the AK (High penetrating power)

Silencer is nice, but it takes away the soul (and the awesome sound) of the gun.

aku:jiki

schennmu said:
Supposedly you shouldn't use anything but iron sights as attachments lower the accuracy for the AK. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55c3u62xHOM (You can barely feel this problem if you just spray most of the time though.)

I just discovered the AK a few matches ago myself! I used to hate it but now it felt just fine, awesome even. And holy shit, it switches to the noobtube SO fast! I had no idea about that little perk and that just scored me a beautiful multi-kill on Favela when the whole team tried to take our flag. :D

Supposedly you shouldn't use anything but iron sights as attachments lower the accuracy for the AK. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55c3u62xHOM (You can barely feel this problem if you just spray most of the time though.)

I just discovered the AK a few matches ago myself! I used to hate it but now it felt just fine, awesome even. And holy shit, it switches to the noobtube SO fast! I had no idea about that little perk and that just scored me a beautiful multi-kill on Favela when the whole team tried to take our flag. :D

I've heard of this. I've also heard that the silencer doesn't suffer from this; do we know if this is true or not?

Once all are unlocked, I would guess that the only attachments I would go for would be Extended Mags or Grenade Launcher (those being my defaults when I don't feel like I need a sight).

It does switch fast, but it feels like it takes longer to reload. Not sure if that's true or just perception due to the awkward animation.

buy teh haloz said:
Has anyone actually tried the ACOG on the AK? I remember it being pretty good in COD4.

The only guns I've been able to handle the ACOG on in this game are the low-damage ARs because they have the least recoil. Actually, the only gun I ever consistently used the ACOG on was the ACR with Sleight of Hand Pro. None of the other guns ever seemed to benefit from it, and many felt like they got worse. So I don't expect the ACOG to work on the AK.

divisionbyzorro said:
I've heard of this. I've also heard that the silencer doesn't suffer from this; do we know if this is true or not?
Last I heard, there was a thread over on IW where they claimed the only attachment that doesn't have that problem is the ACOG, so it seems like they switched out the numbers.

divisionbyzorro said:
It does switch fast, but it feels like it takes longer to reload. Not sure if that's true or just perception due to the awkward animation.
I felt that too, but well... That's only a problem for OMA-tubing classes, isn't it? :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
The only guns I've been able to handle the ACOG on in this game are the low-damage ARs because they have the least recoil. Actually, the only gun I ever consistently used the ACOG on was the ACR with Sleight of Hand Pro. None of the other guns ever seemed to benefit from it, and many felt like they got worse. So I don't expect the ACOG to work on the AK.
ACOG on Intervention can be kinda awesome if you run and gun and try to quickscope. Sucks too much to lose almost all range for me to use it though.

I felt that too, but well... That's only a problem for OMA-tubing classes, isn't it? :lol

Well...yeah... :(

I always feel dirty using that class. Once the last two nukes are done, that class will go away forever. I will always keep an explosives class around for shits and giggles, but it'll be done with Scavenger and an explosive secondary (AT-4, Thumper, or RPG). It's just too valuable for flushing campers out of their hidey holes...

ultim8p00 said:
I went 27 and 10 because of that so I was feeling pretty badass. Enemies can't hear you. Well fuck, I didn't know. Another guy heard my bluff and called them idiots, so I am obviously not the only one who didn't know that enemies can't hear you. No need to be a dick about it (which if you haven't realized, you seem to be the only one who has. You're trying too hard.)

Anyways, I'm like 50 or so kills away from a 1.0 K/D. Probably gonna stop playing now and go to bed now. I've also been trying out the TAR since a lot of people are using it in this thread. For some reason I just suck with it. I can't hit people consistently. The gun almost feels like an SMG but it's not nearly as light.
No, you're trying to hard by making up a story to make yourself look cool in this thread. Your "awesome match" is full of BS.

MagicJackBauer said:
No, you're trying to hard by making up a story to make yourself look cool in this thread. Your "awesome match" is full of BS.

I would think that a perma-junior would think twice before calling people out like that.

Think about it. If he was trying to just "look cool," I don't think he'd own up to a < 1.0 K/D.

Does anyone remember the link to the youtube video that Maxmillian(i think it was) posted showing tips for each map?

I tried his one for Favela and it's fucking awesome.

went 41-2 on domination last night using it. (the 2 deaths were from taking back B when they took it) Had I stayed in the house and the roofs I bet it would have been 41-0 easy.

RavenFox said:
Put silencer on my M16 for the first time lastnight. Still a beast with range.
I feels like it makes the gun more accurate with the silencer.

next up do this......

Bling w/ Heartbeat and Silencer <---- i feel like it's the best combo for the M16

desu

divisionbyzorro said:
None of the other guns ever seemed to benefit from it, and many felt like they got worse.

Felt the same, never realled got used to it on any weapon (except maybe the ACR).

MidnightRider said:
Bling w/ Heartbeat and Silencer <---- i feel like it's the best combo for the M16
Fuck that! Don't ever tell people to use the HBS again or I will cut you through the internet, you dirty camper! This is serious business!

:lol but seriously. Only bitches use HBS.

Fuck that! Don't ever tell people to use the HBS again or I will cut you through the internet, you dirty camper! This is serious business!

Agreed. The only time I've seen an HBS really do something worthwhile was Max's nuke video that he put up before the game released, back when nobody used Ninja.

Camper?

Bitch play me.

The HBS is probably the best tool to kill campers with you dirty camping bitch

MidnightRider said:
Camper?

Bitch play me.
I would totally play you in a cage match if I didn't know you'd use that HBS to bitch the match up. You probably have Ninja Pro so I can't hear you when you're sneaking around with that HBS too.

I would totally play you in a cage match if I didn't know you'd use that HBS to bitch the match up. You probably have Ninja Pro so I can't hear you when you're sneaking around with that HBS too.

In a cage match? Really dude? How exactly is the HBS going to help me out in a THIRD PERSON CAGE MATCH.

Dude you're "Knoob" (yes with a K).... go jerk off to MK.... at least you're good at that.:lol

I think that guy who makes youtube videos who looks like brett favre got it right when he said "a HEARTBEAT SENSOR? REALLY?" I refuse to believe that any military has a freaking heartbeat sensor. But I think its cool if anybody wants to use t or not..

MidnightRider said:
In a cage match? Really dude? How exactly is the HBS going to help me out in a THIRD PERSON CAGE MATCH.

Dude you're "Knoob" (yes with a K).... go jerk off to MK.... at least you're good at that.:lol

:lol Sorry Aku - he's got you there. HBS isn't visible in third person :lol

Jrmint

Just had a domination on Scrapyard where I spawned near B/A and threw a Semtex over to C and got 4 kill multi-kill to start the match, it was so awesome :D

After reading posts here and watching youtubes I really don't understand why people use the Intervention over the Barrett. It is not more accurate, and it looks much worse. Do people just feel cooler using a bolt action rifle? Not like you can shoot multiple times with the Barrett anyway do to the massive recoil.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
MidnightRider said:
Yes that!

High Five! Nice!:D

Speaking of that, I've been actively trying to produce another video...but it's too difficult with the current state of the game. Gonna be waiting till the patch comes out, then probably do some more capturing. It's frustrating as hell to get a quick 10 kills at the beginning of a game, for the entire opposite team to leave or start CP glitching. :/

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
apologies if i missed this or its been brought up a hundred times...

has there been any mention of map packs? the game is crazy popular and successful, i would have thought we'd have at least seen a MW1 map pack by now to further rake in the cash.

Sealda

Banned
butts said:
What the hell? Most good players in CS set their sensitivity super low.

Yeah compared to CS standards. But if you compare "low" setting for CS with "low" setting in MW2 its very different.

xtheEnemy

Banned
Care Package glitch is getting out of hand now.. almost 90% of my games today got a fucker who keeps calling care package and ruins the game.

PS3 version btw.

and damn, almost got my Nuke Emblem earlier on rundown, 22-0, was shooting a guy then suddenly my crosshair moves left and chase a speeding enemy(marathon, lightweight commando user). then eventually got slashed by that guy. :(

Hey, is there any way to increase the FOV or the draw distance past the game's default max? (Not sure what the difference is) Basically I want the game to draw the grass no matter how far away it is. I hate looking down my scope and the landscape looks completely different than when I was out of scope.

Wow, that sucks! Good to know, thx.

DMasta718

Banned
I got called a glitcher for calling in multiple care packages by the other team. Little do they know, I actually save my care packages for later use.

MidnightRider said:

Um, yeah, dude... You don't SEE the HBS in third-person but you still hear it, which would be quite enough in a 1-on-1 cage match.

Who's the noob, you say?

Skel said:
After reading posts here and watching youtubes I really don't understand why people use the Intervention over the Barrett. It is not more accurate, and it looks much worse. Do people just feel cooler using a bolt action rifle? Not like you can shoot multiple times with the Barrett anyway do to the massive recoil.
It's the feeling, yeah. Like I know the WA2000 may technically get me more kills but I just love shooting with the Intervention (and the Barrett, I alternate between the two).

The M21 just feels cheap and lame and I don't like using it at all.

DMasta718 said:
I got called a glitcher for calling in multiple care packages by the other team. Little do they know, I actually save my care packages for later use.
Can you really blame them considering the current state of the game? I would have assumed you were cheating too.

butts

Sealda said:
Yeah compared to CS standards. But if you compare "low" setting for CS with "low" setting in MW2 its very different.

You are trying to compare pc controls to console? You said that CS players set their sensitivity insanely high when that isn't true. They tend to set it to the low side of the sensitivity slider, whereas on consoles and with a controller you pretty much have to set it as high as you can handle it.

Not like it is anything worth discussing in this thread, just thought it was really strange that someone would say CS players set sensitivity to high.

lionelhutz

Um, yeah, dude... You don't SEE the HBS in third-person but you still hear it, which would be quite enough in a 1-on-1 cage match.

Who's the noob, you say?

It's the feeling, yeah. Like I know the WA2000 may technically get me more kills but I just love shooting with the Intervention (and the Barrett, I alternate between the two).

The M21 just feels cheap and lame and I don't like using it at all.

I didn't like the M21. I want one shot, one kill.

I had a 12 streak on Derail (working towards a nuke) only for some dickhead to start blatantly CP glitching. He called in so many CP streaks from the back of the warehouse that I had to wait before I could call in my Chopper Gunner as the airspace was too crowded. I finally called it in but got shot down and then lost my streak at 18 kills.

After much verbals between the 2 of us in the lobby the next map was Invasion where I went 27-4 and got the game winning killcam on glitcho which made me very happy.

Ovid

Belfast said:
I started out with Marathon, but switched to Slight of Hand because I have a terrible habit of reloading every time I kill someone, unless another target is already visible. I've had my ass handed to me way too often by some dude popping around the corner afterwards.
Terrible, terrible habit.

Who's the noob, you say?

Dude just give it up..... really. I will dominate your face all over this town.

What system are you playing on? If you respond with PS3 then we all already know who will win.

<------- 360

kilongs

DMasta718 said:
I do that a lot, also. Sometimes I get into a rythm and don't want to break away to wait for packages to drop. It doesn't help that I just prestiged again and my kill streaks are uav/care package/sentry gun. One time I dropped 3 care packages and 2 sentry guns at once.

Top Bottom