• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Sealda

Banned
fps fanatic said:
So you are playing on high. ;) Maybe you meant to say 3? I feel the same, 2 (default) doesn't feel as responsive but sometimes playing on 4 (high) I overcompensate also. 3 feels right to me.

You play on PS3 also? Jesus, you play at 7-8? I see people suggesting to raise their sensitivity, it's better. I swear that settings thing you described happened to me also. I bumped the sens to 5 last night but I was having a bit of a tough time, and I can swear that my settings reverted back to custom (3).

Also, just recently got back into the game after getting a replacement slim PS3 (and finally giving the BC2 demo a break :D) and I haven't encountered any glitchers....yet.

AFAIK most MLG class PS3 players play on 10 while the 360 guys play on 5-6.

Wheres you avatar from?

Nizz

Sealda said:
AFAIK most MLG class PS3 players play on 10 while the 360 guys play on 5-6.

Wheres you avatar from?
From this commercial. Her name's Jeon Ji Hyun. Long story short, I was getting wallpapers for my PC when I came across her. I thought she was cute so I went to google for info. The ad is kinda weird and hard on the ears, but she's easy on the eyes. ;)

Sorry for the derail, I think I might try bumping the sensitivity again to see if it makes a difference. It's like my aim is fine at 3, but Assault rifles still feel a bit heavy to me. Maybe I'll try 6 sens tonight.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
fps fanatic said:
So you are playing on high. ;) Maybe you meant to say 3? I feel the same, 2 (default) doesn't feel as responsive but sometimes playing on 4 (high) I overcompensate also. 3 feels right to me.

You play on PS3 also? Jesus, you play at 7-8? I see people suggesting to raise their sensitivity, it's better. I swear that settings thing you described happened to me also. I bumped the sens to 5 last night but I was having a bit of a tough time, and I can swear that my settings reverted back to custom (3).

Also, just recently got back into the game after getting a replacement slim PS3 (and finally giving the BC2 demo a break :D) and I haven't encountered any glitchers....yet.

I play on the 360, the sticks are so much better, I seriously hate the PS3 sticks and I wouldn't even bother playing shooters on it. My brain just cant process how loose the sticks are so I'd prob be on 2 sensitivity or something on PS3.

care package glitchers made leveling cold blooded pro so easy. prestige and get it unlocked as often as you can while the glitch is still rampant!!! :D

responding with cheating is a dick move though and means you dont ever have any right to complain about them or this game or any other form of cheating ever again without being a hypocrite douche!

slamskank

I got this day one for pc, put 100 hours into mp, and quit because the akimbo 1887's were driving me mad. Is it still really bad or have they fixed them? I could put up with the game aside from that one issue, knifers and care packages didn't bug me as much.

kuYuri

I would like take this opportunity to remind people to please read the OP for latest info on patches or any relevant news.

slamskank said:
I got this day one for pc, put 100 hours into mp, and quit because the akimbo 1887's were driving me mad. Is it still really bad or have they fixed them? I could put up with the game aside from that one issue, knifers and care packages didn't bug me as much.

Akimbo 1887s have been fixed on PC for a few weeks now.

slamskank

Strider2K99 said:
Akimbo 1887s have been fixed on PC for a few weeks now.
Can you go into a bit more detail? Only so much room on my SSD. The range or the damage got nerfed? What was the solution, I was hoping they would opt for a total removal of akimbo shotguns.

sorry didn't catch your edit. feel free to post an impression anyways.

mr_boo

CozMick said:
I love this thread,

You guys spend every hour of every day either playing it or complaining about it on here.

Can you really play
and enjoy
a game that you loathe so much? :lol
It's only human sometimes to focus on the frustration. But when I'm playing this game and for whatever reason my game is spot on - MW2 is a beauty. I don't think anyone here can deny the potential in MW2 as a whole. There are highs and lows and what keeps me playing is that I tend to get more highs than lows.

kuYuri

slamskank said:
Can you go into a bit more detail? Only so much room on my SSD. The range or the damage got nerfed? What was the solution, I was hoping they would opt for a total removal of akimbo shotguns.

No problem. Basically, the range has been significantly nerfed.

This video demonstrates it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuSb1N8sG0

ZeroRay

Just had my most satisfying game.

Went 28-5 in domination on Scrapyard against a bunch of care package glitchers. Started out 4-0 but I was thinking of dropping out after being spawn killed by the same knife runner twice but I decided not to. After that, I saw the same guy and his buddy coming towards C so I killed the one upfront, while stunning the runner, outflanking and knifing him back. Afterwards, I went on a tear with the highlight coming from me predator missling 4 or 5 of them in their care package circle jerk. We won in the end too since they were so focused on their precious care packages.

Sealda

Banned
fps fanatic said:
From this commercial. Her name's Jeon Ji Hyun. Long story short, I was getting wallpapers for my PC when I came across her. I thought she was cute so I went to google for info. The ad is kinda weird and hard on the ears, but she's easy on the eyes. ;)

Sorry for the derail, I think I might try bumping the sensitivity again to see if it makes a difference. It's like my aim is fine at 3, but Assault rifles still feel a bit heavy to me. Maybe I'll try 6 sens tonight.

So hot in every ways! . But wow, what a nightmare of a commercial to do for any actor/model, she did good though^^.

Since i cannot take this thread OT i guess i will have to contribute with something On topic.

I would love to see new guns,titles,emblems,challenges, tweaks in this games along with the map packs! I know i have touched on this is in a earlier much longer post.

Mileena

Banned
Sensitivity is completely personal preference. I use 2 and usually destroy people in the majority of games and I bet there's playing that use 5+ and destroy people as well.

Willeth

Sealda said:
I would love to see new guns,titles,emblems,challenges, tweaks in this games along with the map packs! I know i have touched on this is in a earlier much longer post.
Bowling actually asked for suggestions for titles and emblems for DLC a while ago. On Twitter, of course.

Then again, if you're good, you can most likely use a range on sensitivities. I used to use 2 and do really well, but now i'm using 4 and realize i can get a lot more kills thanks to aiming faster while ADS.

Maximus.

I reached lvl 70 first prestige a week ago and see no real advantage to prestiging. I dont want to have to unlock all my weapons again and unlock all their perks. Also it will take a long time, think i will just stick at lvl 70.

Fraull said:
I reached lvl 70 first prestige a week ago and see no real advantage to prestiging. I dont want to have to unlock all my weapons again and unlock all their perks. Also it will take a long time, think i will just stick at lvl 70.
Prestiging makes this game worthwhile. Cammos or emblems, titles, and more challenges?

I'll take the latter and grind my cammos on my 10th.

Just got to P1L70 and starting playing around with the AK-47 for the first time. That gun is pretty awesome! I know it's a high-damage gun, but I feel like it needs stopping power to be viable because of the sway/kick that it has. But it's so satisfying. Excellent gun. It's a shame that you don't get it until 70.

CozMick said:
I love this thread,

You guys spend every hour of every day either playing it or complaining about it on here.

Can you really play
and enjoy
a game that you loathe so much? :lol

I've actually have gone back to COD4 and have been having a way better time but check this thread from time to time to see if new patches have come out for MW2 or if new glitches have been found.

Fraull said:

Yeah, I agree. There is just too many perks you get from playing MW2 to make it worth it to reset them all. I'm a tenth level prestige in COD4 and I'm just going to take my sweet time in MW2. I have no urgency to prestige at all now.

Nizz

divisionbyzorro said:
Just got to P1L70 and starting playing around with the AK-47 for the first time. That gun is pretty awesome! I know it's a high-damage gun, but I feel like it needs stopping power to be viable because of the sway/kick that it has. But it's so satisfying. Excellent gun. It's a shame that you don't get it until 70.
I loved the AK-47 for the short time I used it before going on my first Prestige. I think it was DeuceMojo who once called it a "meat grinder". I agree. :D I think I plan on going Prestige for a second time, then stay there and just grind with that gun.

Sealda said:
All that stuff sounds really cool. I also wouldn't mind if they included avatars for 360 and especially PS3. PSN is lacking badly with new avatars. Some MW2 ones would be nice.

But above all, they need to take care of 360 players with that patch...

aku:jiki

slamskank said:

Oh, don't worry. They nerfed them into utter oblivion. They are completely useless now, and are outclassed by every other shotgun in every single way.

I am using this time before the patch to whore up the Bling Models (puts them in pre-patch mode on 360), because getting those 2500 kills after the patch is going to be pretty much impossible. :/

Fraull said:
I've found that the real draw to prestiging is getting those custom slots. The more I play, the more combinations I discover and the more annoyed I am that I don't have enough slots for all of them.

Personally, I want a FAL class for when I'm feeling cocky, want a runner/shotgun class for Skidrow, runner/knife class for Afghan, one sniper class that's for running and gunning for Derail and one for camping on Wasteland, LMG/RPG class for HQ matches, riot shield class because it's hilarious, noobtube class if the other team is doing it too much and pissing me off... I could go on, damn! Not even 10 slots will be enough. :lol

ACE 1991

Does anyone want to play right now? Not many people online on my friends list atm....

My gamertag is: I ACE 1991 I

Sebulon, get online. Now.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
aku:jiki said:
Oh, don't worry. They nerfed them into utter oblivion. They are completely useless now, and are outclassed by every other shotgun in every single way.

I am using this time before the patch to whore up the Bling Models (puts them in pre-patch mode on 360), because getting those 2500 kills after the patch is going to be pretty much impossible. :/

I've found that the real draw to prestiging is getting those custom slots. The more I play, the more combinations I discover and the more annoyed I am that I don't have enough slots for all of them.

Personally, I want a FAL class for when I'm feeling cocky, want a runner/shotgun class for Skidrow, runner/knife class for Afghan, one sniper class that's for running and gunning for Derail and one for camping on Wasteland, LMG/RPG class for HQ matches, riot shield class because it's hilarious, noobtube class if the other team is doing it too much and pissing me off... I could go on, damn! Not even 10 slots will be enough. :lol

wow didn't think of the shotgun challenges....good idea.

custom class slots are definitely a draw for prestiging, but if you only get one every other prestige or something, no thanks.

main reason for my first prestige was on my first run through I played with RPD, SCAR, WA2000 and M16 almost exclusively. When I completed almost all those challenges I'd gotten close to 70 and I found myself using new guns to help me get to 70 and really enjoying learning other weapons. I figured as I will be switching weapons to learn and unlock attachments, I might as well make the extra XP count towards something.

I'm now level 39 1st prestige and I've ranked up FAMAS a lot, TAR-21 a fair bit, Magnum, the barret, UMP and even the FAL which I actually really enjoy using.

If I hadn't prestiged, I wouldn't have had access to all those new challenges/emblems/titles and all those weapons I'd been using would've been like throwing points down the drain.

chance of a 2nd prestige are slim though as I would probably end up taking a similar weapons route and that would get old. Suppose I could start focusing in abit more and save some weapons for future prestiges.

ultim8p00

Banned
Holy shit holy shit holy shit best night ever!

So I'm in the chopper gunner on estate, and of course the other guys all go inside so I can't do shit. We were loosing, and they were leading by quite a bit. So in a desperate attempt, I shouted

"Oh shit guys I dropped my care package and got killed. Go and get it before they do. It's in the flower bed behind the villa!"

And much to my surprise, almost the whole enemy team rushes outside!! Got like six kills, then they started spawning outside and I was mowing them left and right and you can hear some guy going "you idiots it's the guy in the chopper gunner!" :lol :lol

Insaniac

ultim8p00 said:

So I'm in the chopper gunner on estate, and of course the other guys all go inside so I can't do shit. We were loosing, and they were leading by quite a bit. So in a desperate attempt, I shouted

"Oh shit guys I dropped my care package and got killed. Go and get it before they do. It's in the flower bed behind the villa!"

And much to my surprise, almost the whole enemy team rushes outside!! Got like six kills, then they started spawning outside and I was mowing them left and right and you can hear some guy going "you idiots it's the guy in the chopper gunner!" :lol :lol

how would they hear you?

xtheEnemy

Banned
End Game III 9/10

1 more to go and I will finally take this pathetic nuke killstreak off for good. Would have been over if it wasn't for the bad luck when I hit the 23kills (hardline on) then got killed by someone.

Although it feels good when you see that "25 Killstreak - Tactical Nuke" flashing on your screen while your heart is pumping fast, it's not worth it after getting that nuke emblem IMO.

I'm currently sitting at level 70 Prestige 2 for quite some time now and it's very boring.

Nelo Ice

Banned
xtheEnemy said:
End Game III 9/10

1 more to go and I will finally take this pathetic nuke killstreak off for good. Would have been over if it wasn't for the bad luck when I hit the 23kills (hardline on) then got killed by someone.

Although it feels good when you see that "25 Killstreak - Tactical Nuke" flashing on your screen while your heart is pumping fast, it's not worth it after getting that nuke emblem IMO.

I'm currently sitting at level 70 Prestige 2 for quite some time now and it's very boring.

its still fun getting a nuke every once in awhile....especially for revenge :lol

Mileena

Banned
Most of the people with the nuke emblem are flat out terrible and boosted to get it anyway so I don't see the point. I prefer the 8bit Price anyway.

Mush

corkscrewblow said:
Most of the people with the nuke emblem are flat out terrible and boosted to get it anyway so I don't see the point. I prefer the 8bit Price anyway.
Exactly. It's the same with 10th Prestige players. It has no pride or skill attached to it anymore because you don't know if they've hacked/boosted their way to it.

ultim8p00 said:

k4ilno.gif

4-3a066hellovaderpt5-1.jpg

xtheEnemy

Banned
Then what emblem or callsign that has a skill or pride attached to it nowadays ? Both are purely cosmetics for me, I love that rotating nuke logo. :D

The 8bit Price is much easier to get when boosting, don't you guys think?

:D

- -

Damn I almost got the AC130 Angel Flares Emblem last night, my last bullet from my AC130 took 2 guys that set the score to 9900 :(

corkscrewblow said:
Sensitivity is completely personal preference. I use 2 and usually destroy people in the majority of games and I bet there's playing that use 5+ and destroy people as well.

To be fair, it's probably not you destroying people, but your killstreak rewards. MW2 is insanely easy to get beastly k/d scores on. If you're talking about beating other teams in organized league matches, then I take back what I said.

ultim8p00

Banned
MagicJackBauer said:
blah blah blah

I went 27 and 10 because of that so I was feeling pretty badass. Enemies can't hear you. Well fuck, I didn't know. Another guy heard my bluff and called them idiots, so I am obviously not the only one who didn't know that enemies can't hear you. No need to be a dick about it (which if you haven't realized, you seem to be the only one who has. You're trying too hard.)

Anyways, I'm like 50 or so kills away from a 1.0 K/D. Probably gonna stop playing now and go to bed now. I've also been trying out the TAR since a lot of people are using it in this thread. For some reason I just suck with it. I can't hit people consistently. The gun almost feels like an SMG but it's not nearly as light.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
This game makes me rage like no other, but I can't stop playing! This can't be good for my health :lol

I've played with my friends on other games before and never have I seen any of them get as angry as they do in MW2, not even in COD4.

Mileena

Banned
lawlohwhat said:
To be fair, it's probably not you destroying people, but your killstreak rewards. MW2 is insanely easy to get beastly k/d scores on. If you're talking about beating other teams in organized league matches, then I take back what I said.
You can say that about ANYONE. It's how you get them though... I don't fucking camp like 90% of the players in this game, I'm always running around which is why my perk 1 is Marathon on every class.

Insaniac

xtheEnemy said:
Then what emblem or callsign that has a skill or pride attached to it nowadays ? Both are purely cosmetics for me, I love that rotating nuke logo. :D

- -

Damn I almost got the AC130 Angel Flares Emblem last night, my last bullet from my AC130 took 2 guys that set the score to 9900 :(

I used the "Angel of Death" title and the AC-130 angelwing flares for a while

Mush

Scalpel Knight said:
I play this on the PS3, and I am horrible online but I can't get enough. I'm thinking of getting it on the 360 also, inexplicably.

Da. I'm also thinking of double-dipping when the first map pack comes out, if they are any decent of course.

/remembers CoD4s "Map Pack"

/shudders

Belfast

xtheEnemy said:

- -

I use Highlander, personally. No special emblems, though.

Belfast

corkscrewblow said:
You can say that about ANYONE. It's how you get them though... I don't fucking camp like 90% of the players in this game, I'm always running around which is why my perk 1 is Marathon on every class.

I started out with Marathon, but switched to Slight of Hand because I have a terrible habit of reloading every time I kill someone, unless another target is already visible. I've had my ass handed to me way too often by some dude popping around the corner afterwards.

aku:jiki

Belfast said:
I started out with Marathon, but switched to Slight of Hand because I have a terrible habit of reloading every time I kill someone, unless another target is already visible. I've had my ass handed to me way too often by some dude popping around the corner afterwards.
Isn't that kind of an opposite way of going about the problem? :D

You should put Marathon back on and force yourself to stop reloading so much, instead of feeding the habit with Sleight of Hand!

Sealda

Banned
Lets say 2 people with the EXACT same aim skill stands 20 m from each other. Both sees each other on the side of their screen at the exact time. Guess which one will get the first shot? Obviously the guy with the higher sensitivity, he will be able to drag the cross mark to the enemies faster than the guy with the lower sensitivity.

Now of-course there are players which has too high sensitivity for their skills. Although i am sure they will eventually learn that sensitivity. I would though recommend that you take it slow with climbing up the sense ladder. When you raise your sensitivity it should feel like a liberation. Like you have been weighed down by quicksand before.

I would like an even higher sensitivity than 10. Still, i am able to turn very fast, and especially take out 2 people coming at me at the same time. With a weapon like the FAMAS if you hit the first guy with your burst you will be able to take out the second guy with the second burst even if they have started shooting at you. (results may vary depending on situation though)

There is a reason why all CS players wants to have insanely high sensitivity. The same reason applies to MW2. Yes, even the console versions.

To play on low sensitivity is like playing a fighting game with a pad. Yes, you can be as good as someone with the stick, but you will not be able to reach the sky.

corkscrewblow said:
I just got the best hate mail ever :lol

"bitch ass white nigga noob tube"

The other day, one of my regular friends showed up late to our sessions and decided to join in progress. He ended up on the other side of the infini-tube build for the first time, with me on the giving end. He raged so hard that he had to turn off the 'box to cool down for a while.

I bet if I had my privacy settings set to allow messages from non-friends I would have gotten some major hate mail from that session from plenty of people.

EDIT: Just so there's no confusion; this is not my usual build. It's just my nuke hunter build.

Top Bottom