• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Sh0k

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Hey, is there a way you guys combat boosters in FFA? I actually love hunting them down and ruining cheating for them but sometimes even when I know where they are things don't go exactly well.

I guess what I'm asking is - has anyone made an anti-booster class and what does it have?

I hate boosters with a passion, but it's great to hunt them and make them quit the game, because you ruined their streak.

I have an anti-booster class, same as the one in the Sandy Ravage videos,

UMP + Silencer
RPGs
C4
Scavenger Pro
Coolbloded Pro
Ninja Pro

It works so good, that after killing the boosters, i stay with that class and have some fun with the C4 and RPGs.

uraldix

aku:jiki said:
You lower your weapon when you sprint. Hence, "lift your guns." Your comment doesn't even work as sarcasm dude. :p

Yeah, probably not, but "lift your guns" doesn't mean "hip fire" and that was my only real point. I will now bow out of this silly discussion over what "lift your guns" means, you can win :)

divisionbyzorro said:
Haha. WoR really outdid himself with cockiness in this one I just found :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfUC739VO_U

Isn't he the one that got bent all out of shape when one of his clanmates said they didn't really like playing with him?

DoomGyver

Why are people who play this game so very happy to spew hate over something they have not even tried once? The knife misses ALL THE TIME.
I have used the knife plenty, I have 4 days logged into multi. When I use the knife I don't miss, ever. When I get stabbed they don't miss but maybe 5% of the time.

I don't know what you guys are doing to miss but you either have to be WAY out of range or facing the complete opposite direction not to hit your target. :lol

I know it's been mentioned but I'd pay to have a gameplay mode with either killstreaks disabled or a classic COD4 mode where everyone had the old school UAV / Airstrike / Chopper.

I used to love HQ's and Domination in COD4, too bad now 50% of people in those gametypes play them like its Deathmatch.

Meier

I played this the other day for the first time in like 10 days and I felt like I was a total newb again. The skill degradation is SWIFT in this game. I'm thinking I might be over it for now though to be honest. It really is just more of the same and is an absolute time sink that I was getting hooked on like WoW or EQ. I'll probably try it again when they put out a map pack, but Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 have me right now.

todahawk

i_am_ben said:
yay new ps3 patch ^.^

hopefully this is the end of unlimited carepackage drops

I had a match of DOM with it last night. The scrubs barely won with their 20+ airdrops (200-192). I was gonna quit but decided to sit back with my cold-blooded / scavenger / stinger build and work on cold-blooded pro. I shot down around 8 by myself...

Plus we were playing Underpass and hey had about 8 packages stuck in places they couldn't get to.

ultim8p00

Banned
Meier said:
I played this the other day for the first time in like 10 days and I felt like I was a total newb again. The skill degradation is SWIFT in this game. I'm thinking I might be over it for now though to be honest. It really is just more of the same and is an absolute time sink that I was getting hooked on like WoW or EQ. I'll probably try it again when they put out a map pack, but Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 have me right now.

Yeah I stayed away for 3 days and hopped back online one time and my performance degradation was very noticeable. I went negative for like a day or so before getting back to where I was. It doesn't take much time to start sucking.

Nightz

It's been a while since I've played this game. Has there been any word on when the new map packs are scheduled to come out?

Sushen

Meier said:
I don't know about overall boost in skill level, but rather people got more experienced. They don't do stupid mistakes as used to since they learned their lessons after playing for a while. Less easy kills, but I did ok last weekend which the first time in a month for me.

uraldix

i_am_ben said:
Meanwhile I'm trying to get site rep pro.... yeah any tips so this doesn't take a year?

I played harcore and used silencer and FMJ. Took a long time but seemed to go faster doing this. If you get lucky, someone will be using scavenger and claymores in a game and you can 10 or so.

uraldix said:
Isn't he the one that got bent all out of shape when one of his clanmates said they didn't really like playing with him?

No, it's the one where he goes "Haha I got the first legit nuke ever" and rants the whole video about how much ass he kicks for being the first to do it.

His definition of "legit nuke" is a nuke without using a chopper gunner or AC-130.

And then it turned out that he wasn't actually the first to do what he said :lol

Meier said:

I stopped to play/beat ME 2 and Bioshock 2 then came back to this and it basically took an entire weekend to get back to where I was. The drop off is pretty brutal since it's soo twitchy. As far, as leaving it for others games that idea sounds good but it doesn't really work for me, it's just too fun and none of those games you mentioned have the longevity of MW2.

But it's a good thought.

todahawk

i_am_ben said:
not sure.

================

Meanwhile I'm trying to get site rep pro.... yeah any tips so this doesn't take a year?

FFA can be hit or miss. Sometimes you'll find boosters with their TI's and sometimes guys drop claymores in high traffic areas. I'm trying to level it on this prestige and FFA was scare for equipment to destroy last night.

Domination or Demolition is good, usually lots of guys putting down C4 or claymores.

On a related note, i've found leaving claymores in slightly obvious positions with part of the trip beams showing is a nice trap. I had some nice streaks last night were I'd lay a claymore down where an enemy could see it but not have a easy, clear shot at it. I'd pop up and see a guy trying to maneuver to get a clear shot and take him out. Didn't even have to bother replacing the claymore. :lol Rinse and repeat.

zero margin said:
I stopped to play/beat ME 2 and Bioshock 2 then came back to this and it basically took an entire weekend to get back to where I was. The drop off is pretty brutal since it's soo twitchy. As far, as leaving it for others games that idea sounds good but it doesn't really work for me, it's just too fun and none of those games you mentioned have the longevity of MW2.

But it's a good thought.

The dropoff depends upon what you're playing. I didn't feel much of a dropoff after playing a bunch of ME2 since the game is so different. But playing Bioshock 2 could definitely futz with your muscle memory.

uraldix

divisionbyzorro said:
No, it's the one where he goes "Haha I got the first legit nuke ever" and rants the whole video about how much ass he kicks for being the first to do it.

His definition of "legit nuke" is a nuke without using a chopper gunner or AC-130.

And then it turned out that he wasn't actually the first to do what he said :lol

Ahh, I saw that one. He is a piece of work. I think in one of Hutches vids, one of his clanmates says that he does not like playing with WOR (or something to that effect).

divisionbyzorro said:
G18 akimbo + Steady Aim is ridiculously good.

Just want to say I played a few hours last night and saw someone in literally every match rolling these, suffice to say they are totally brutal and the people with them got the better of me 99% of the time.

Would put money on these being the next akimbo rangers.

Sir Garbageman said:
I know it's been mentioned but I'd pay to have a gameplay mode with either killstreaks disabled or a classic COD4 mode where everyone had the old school UAV / Airstrike / Chopper.

I used to love HQ's and Domination in COD4, too bad now 50% of people in those gametypes play them like its Deathmatch.

People here have said this before, but the classic 3 killstreaks would not work with the new launchers in this game. They would have to change the chopper to pavelow to give that last kill streak some weight.

divisionbyzorro said:
The dropoff depends upon what you're playing. I didn't feel much of a dropoff after playing a bunch of ME2 since the game is so different. But playing Bioshock 2 could definitely futz with your muscle memory.

Makes sense, probably was Bioshock 2 that did it.

butts

Full Recovery said:
I have used the knife plenty, I have 4 days logged into multi. When I use the knife I don't miss, ever. When I get stabbed they don't miss but maybe 5% of the time.

I don't know what you guys are doing to miss but you either have to be WAY out of range or facing the complete opposite direction not to hit your target. :lol

Commando is about the only thing that still annoys me in this game. I wish they handled melee in this game like CS, where it was only a one-swing kill from the back but took multiple swings from the front to kill. Melee is supposed to be a humiliation kill right? In this game it is more viable than a lot of the guns and commando makes it even better. I think it would be interesting if they made it so that normally a head-on knife swing would only do 50% damage (like the riot shield), and commando would bring that up to 100% damage from the front but remove the rediculous lunge.

Probably a dumb idea, but I just really hate commando and wish it would go away :\

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I just hate assholes who take advantage of the shit connections like mine and run around knifing all the god damn time. I'm firing at a guy from point blank range, but i end up getting stabbed because my connection is slower, and thusly, it appears on his end that I didn't fire anything at all.

butts said:
Commando is about the only thing that still annoys me in this game. I wish they handled melee in this game like CS, where it was only a one-swing kill from the back but took multiple swings from the front to kill. Melee is supposed to be a humiliation kill right? In this game it is more viable than a lot of the guns and commando makes it even better. I think it would be interesting if they made it so that normally a head-on knife swing would only do 50% damage (like the riot shield), and commando would bring that up to 100% damage from the front but remove the rediculous lunge.

Probably a dumb idea, but I just really hate commando and wish it would go away :\

It really is ridiculous in regards to the range, sniped a guy in the face yesterday who was going into the lunge. Felt good.

todahawk

butts said:

Yeah, Commando still drives me nuts. I popped a guy point blank with the AA-12 and stopping power and he still teleports in for his kill.

greenjerk said:
Yeah, Commando still drives me nuts. I popped a guy point blank with the AA-12 and stopping power and he still teleports in for his kill.

I was playing domination on quarry the other night, saw a guy by B so backpeddled behind the building then he teleported round the corner while being 3-4 metres away anyway and killed me, easily the most shocking example of commando I have personally seen.

todahawk

kyo_daikun said:
I was playing domination on quarry the other night, saw a guy by B so backpeddled behind the building then he teleported round the corner while being 3-4 metres away anyway and killed me, easily the most shocking example of commando I have personally seen.

The frustrating part is that I watch for them and start backpedaling immediately, fire, make contact with bullets (X, X) and still die. The only thing that has worked consistently for me against commando runners is akimbo shotty's or SMG's, which I don't equip often.

edit: i'm still amazed that I've been dying against commando with the freakin' AA-12 (and yes, getting the hit counter before he teleports)

knitoe

Yeah Commando is BS. Normally, I run with Ninja, but yesterday, I prestige again and had to start created class with Commando. Forgot how easy it was to teleport and knife people 5-10 feet away. Then, level to 29, re-equip Ninja and was having a hard time knifing, even at point blank, due to network lag, TV lag or whatever.

todahawk

Rubenov said:
I recently found out that I hate the grenade launcher more than I hate Commando.

The toob spamming doesn't seem as rampant as it used to. Depends a bit on the mode. I see it used on Dom and Demolition the most.

Commando, boosting, bad spawns and match making are my biggest problems.

Ovid

uraldix said:
I played harcore and used silencer and FMJ. Took a long time but seemed to go faster doing this. If you get lucky, someone will be using scavenger and claymores in a game and you can 10 or so.
Been playing this game since it release and still have never seen a person with SitRep Pro.

I came up with some ideas to fix the noobtubing problem and posted them on IW.com, but it's just gonna be lost there so tell me what you guys think!

I've said it before in this topic and I'll say it again: There is one simple solution to this:

GL takes up blue perk.

Seriously, that's all that needs to be done would force OMA tubers to either:

a) use scavenger with a launcher, which will be alot harder to be cheap with considering the reload time and ADS time

b) only tube 2-4 times per life

Speaking of launchers, is there a reason IW decided that one the AT4 comes with only one missile? Seems the RPG is better than it in every way.

X26

Banned
had my best TDM game yesterday: 47-8 on derail with the mini uzi

wish the game had a theatre mode so I could revisit it, never going to match that again

aku:jiki

It's been a while since I saw some boosters! Was playing Ground War and noticed a guy on the other team putting a tactical insertion below the stairs by A on Highrise. Thought that was a weird place to put it but he killed me so I didn't go back for the obvious revenge kill. A little later, I saw a teammate's insertion in the same spot and didn't think anything of it and just kept walking. Then I heard that unzipping and was like WTF and turned back - two players on the other team were sitting there and letting themselves get shot by my guy.

I promptly killed the opponents 4 times and then I hung around and emptied all my clips, re-stocked with Scavenger and kept doing it to put a permanent red dot on enemy UAV in that place. Sure enough, enemies came running and took me and my cheating-ass teammate out. He was at 22-0. :lol

TestOfTide said:
I've said it before in this topic and I'll say it again: There is one simple solution to this:

GL takes up blue perk.
Uh, that was in my post...

TestOfTide said:
a) use scavenger with a launcher, which will be alot harder to be cheap with considering the reload time and ADS time
Lots of people are happy to just randomly shoot 2 RPG's and then die, I don't think that's enough to stop the problem.

TestOfTide said:
b) only tube 2-4 times per life
Problem is, that's way more than enough. A minimum of 4 kills with the chance at like 10 with those 4 tubes? Lots and lots of players are more than happy to get 3-7 kills per life, so they'll just happily die and restock. They need to only get one tube per life, that won't be as fun for them.

CozMick

Banned
i_am_ben said:
yay new ps3 patch ^.^

hopefully this is the end of unlimited carepackage drops

Just heard from my nephew that the latest CP glitch is still doable in Private matches but can't be done in MatchMaking..........

Thank fuck for that! :lol

X26 said:
had my best TDM game yesterday: 47-8 on derail with the mini uzi

wish the game had a theatre mode so I could revisit it, never going to match that again

I felt like that when I had 49 kills the other day. Yes, FORTY-NINE.

OK, so I died 45 times. So what? Nobody's perfect. :lol

I think that the knife being overpowered is by no means intentional. If you play an offline match (split screen) and try knife only against someone using a gun (they don't even have to be competent, just good enough to point and shoot someone running) you will fail. I think it makes it very clear that IW never intended for the knifing sprees to happen, but it seems that lag makes it a very powerful play style.

aku:jiki

FromTheFuture said:
I think that the knife being overpowered is by no means intentional. If you play an offline match (split screen) and try knife only against someone using a gun (they don't even have to be competent, just good enough to point and shoot someone running) you will fail. I think it makes it very clear that IW never intended for the knifing sprees to happen, but it seems that lag makes it a very powerful play style.
Yeah... Proper knifing does not entail running 50 yards straight at someone while they're looking at you. When that happens, a good knifer turns as soon as possible and makes it look like he's running away. Then he waits for the ever obvious chase and stabs the dude in the face while he's sprinting around the corner. Doesn't really have that much to do with lag, neither do backstabs.

The lag just exacerbates it though, usually its only *really* frustrating when you see all the hit markers on your end but they still get you. Feels like client side hit detection is the culprit and they just have better ping at the time.

Animator

To me proper knifing gameplay is flanking the enemy team and killing them silently from the back. I will knife and kill you if I turn a corner and run into you but running headlong into battle trying to teleport knife people is retarded.

The good thing is nobody does it anymore ever since they nerfed the care package knifing.

Draft

I kind of like the knife being a one hit kill, and I kind of like that you can be successful with a goofball lightweight/marathon/ninja/tac knife build.

It's frustrating as hell catching the knife from someone you know at a couple of bullets, but it's also frustrating getting no scoped, or getting stuck, or eating a claymore that you TOTALLY SAW AND BACKED AWAY FROM or getting mowed down along with 2 buds by some lucky piece of shit spraying like a mad man.

The game is filled with frustration. Every competitive game is.

Draft said:
I kind of like the knife being a one hit kill, and I kind of like that you can be successful with a goofball lightweight/marathon/ninja/tac knife build.

It's frustrating as hell catching the knife from someone you know at a couple of bullets, but it's also frustrating getting no scoped, or getting stuck, or eating a claymore that you TOTALLY SAW AND BACKED AWAY FROM or getting mowed down along with 2 buds by some lucky piece of shit spraying like a mad man.

Frustrating to you is probably glorious for the guy on the other side after all.
Part of what makes competitive online competitive online.

uraldix

tarius1210 said:
Been playing this game since it release and still have never seen a person with SitRep Pro.

I have it on PS3 but I am the only one that I know has it. Everyone else got frustrated and gave up. The funny thing is that I rarely use it.

The shitty netcode is what grills me about Commando. Whenever I get teleport-knifed and I watch the killcam I'm never doing what I actually did in MY game.

mr_boo

Reporting back on the ACOG ACR w SP - the ACOG does seem more effective with the ACOG. I have to admit, I'm having a lot of fun using the ACOG...I never messed around with it in COD4 but its fun to have that zoomed in feature - it's probably the closest I'll get to using a Sniper Rifle. But besides the fun factor, I can't really find a good reason to use the ACOG ACR over the majority of the other ARs.

Also, thanks to div & Fugu for the ACOG response.

butts

Draft said:

I agree, there are always frustrating mechanics in shooters. Maybe whats different about this is that it seems like lag plays a really big factor in making it extremely powerful which makes it even more frustrating.

Top Bottom