• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

rezuth

Anyone else noticed this bug that you get transported when using a predator missile? I can be on the other side of the Estate map and fire away a predator missile against a house and when it goes out of the track view I'm suddenly standing outside the house magically. What the hell?

switch-it

Banned
rezuth said:
Anyone else noticed this bug that you get transported when using a predator missile? I can be on the other side of the Estate map and fire away a predator missile against a house and when it goes out of the track view I'm suddenly standing outside the house magically. What the hell?

:lol

rezuth said:
Is this for real? If it is, it just means you were killed while aiming the missile. That's all.

rezuth

Scalpel Knight said:
Is this for real? If it is, it just means you were killed while aiming the missile. That's all.
No no, if I was killed I should have lost my killstreak right? I got 2 people with the predator and got my airstrike.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
my mate got 31 kills and 1 death last night but he didn't get a bunch of challenges like the 5:1 kill death ratio emblems/titles.

something borked?

Jrmint

kaizoku said:
my mate got 31 kills and 1 death last night but he didn't get a bunch of challenges like the 5:1 kill death ratio emblems/titles.

something borked?
If he doesn't have the challenges unlocked yet at his level he won't get credit for them. I think those are in the "Intimidation" or "Elite" challenges which don't unlock until the 50s or 60s.

DoomGyver

Why does the framerate suck so much ass when there is latency? For a company that boasts about achieving 60fps it sure does suck, why can't they keep it stable even if people are lagging?

Even in a 4 bar room you can see the leaves/dust skip a frame every once in a while.

aku:jiki

Pulka said:
I love boosters, always fun to ruin their streak at 23.
And then follow them to the next match and do it again! :lol

It's a wonderful way to complete those multi-kill explosive challenges too. They're trying to boost a nuke - I use them to boost my own challenges. :lol

Fugu

In nearly 9 days of playtime, I have never seen a single booster on PC. The console version of this game sounds like an even bigger mess.

Fugu said:
In nearly 9 days of playtime, I have never seen a single booster on PC. The console version of this game sounds like an even bigger mess.

Ever play Free-For-All?

I've never seen boosters on the 360 either, but I never play FFA.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
divisionbyzorro said:
Is there anything more satisfying than a noob-toob headshot?

Semtex stick for the winning kill.

Frillen

aku:jiki said:
It's a wonderful way to complete those multi-kill explosive challenges too. They're trying to boost a nuke - I use them to boost my own challenges. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Ahhh, good times...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
tmaynard said:
I'm a PC gamer. So, I'm embarrassingly bad with a controller. Any tips on bridging the gap between KB+M to PS3 controller?
Getting used to FPS controls on console takes a long ass time.

Repetition is really the only thing I could recommend, as it took me probably a few months of casual play to finally get it....probably could get it down in a week if you play hardcore, though.

I hated them so I avoided playing FPS games like the plague (Halo 1) back in the day.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
divisionbyzorro said:
Here's another one: is there anything more useless than the mounted MG on Karachi hidden behind Charlie that points to...basically nothing?
Back when I used to play, I did get one guy with that thing :lol

No clue why it's there, though.

divisionbyzorro said:

Stealing somebodys care package with a great killstreak inside. On the contrary, its probably the most frustrating thing that can happen to you if somebody steals yours. Nothing pisses me off more than that. :lol

todahawk

Lionheart1827 said:
Stealing somebodys care package with a great killstreak inside. On the contrary, its probably the most frustrating thing that can happen to you if somebody steals yours. Nothing pisses me off more than that. :lol

I posted yesterday about that. I love stealing care packages and over teh weekend got a chopper gunner from some poor kid ranked 4. He quit after I called it in.

HooCares said:
IW: Call of Duty Classic Mode, PLEASE!

Killstreaks locked at UAV, Pred/Air Srtike, Chopper

I mentioned this on another page but I havent checked since. The chopper would be useless with the launchers in this game. It would have to be made a pavelow to give that final streak any sort of value.

Nizz

Lionheart1827 said:
Oh man, nothing rages me more than that. I swear I'll check my back, sides, all around to make sure nobody's around. Drop the care package grenade and fuck me, somebody takes me out. Then it's a rage race to try and recover the CP when you realize you're just not going to make it.

And of course, he steals a CP that has something cool like the Stealth Bomber, when earlier in the match the only things I would get is a resupply, UAV, Counter UAV, etc. Useful? Yes. Fun? No. :lol

Being on the receiving end of a tele-warp commando knife isn't much fun either. Playing TDM on Scrapyard last night and there's one wrecked plane where someone can get inside and stay there crouched.

I saw someone in there, and started towards him firing my MP5-K. I'm looking at him, in the crouched stance, on one knee, slide about ten feet towards me for the commando kill. It looked like something out of a comedy or something. As if he were an action figure/toy soldier and someone grabbed him and slid him forward.

Swag

greenjerk said:
I posted yesterday about that. I love stealing care packages and over teh weekend got a chopper gunner from some poor kid ranked 4. He quit after I called it in.

FUCKEN HEARTLESS :lol

mr_boo

fps fanatic said:
Oh man, nothing rages me more than that. I swear I'll check my back, sides, all around to make sure nobody's around. Drop the care package grenade and fuck me, somebody takes me out. Then it's a rage race to try and recover the CP when you realize you're just not going to make it.
Been on the bad side of that too. It's frustrating...I'm not sure how those that run Emergency Airdops do it - it's gotta be like 4x the rage when they get taken out :lol Lately, I've been tracking Care Packages - it's is pretty much an obvious tell on where the location of the person is. I might not kill them before they snag their crate, but there's always a pretty good chance I will get that kill (people don't seem to expect that they are being tracked).

HooCares

Neo Member
Lionheart1827 said:
I mentioned this on another page but I havent checked since. The chopper would be useless with the launchers in this game. It would have to be made a pavelow to give that final streak any sort of value.

I'm fine with Pavelow then. I think many players roll with launchers to prevent the appearance of Chopper Gunners/AC130's which would not be an issue in this mode. You can still shoot down the regular chopper with gunfire (Stopping Power PRO!) - I personally would not carry a launcher in this hypothetical dream mode. I hear what you're saying though.

Swag

fps fanatic said:

Not sure if this happens to anyone else as often as me, but I tend to be pretty stupid with where I place my care packages on Underpass. I would sometimes get emergency airdrop go to a secluded area of the map and drop the grenade. Just to have all 4 of my packages end up on a bridge above me, so disappointing for all the work I put in.

divisionbyzorro said:
Yes, quickscoped OHK's with the Barrett! Totally unbeatable with the feel of the recoil, the badass "One shot... One kill" and the way they sometimes get thrown like 10 feet. :D

(On a serious note, am I the only one that doesn't find luck satisfying at all? It's not like you guys actually aimed that noobtube or predator headshot... And I feel lame when I get a randomized headshot for shooting a dude's knee. :/)

HooCares said:

That's pretty much what FFA is now that there isn't much glitching. There's like one chopper per match. It's probably my favorite game mode when people take it seriously (if they just run around like madmen the match just turns into this big circular hunt and nobody gets a decent KD), more people should check it out!

The worst is when you check literally everywhere, go for it and get noobtubed because he was looking at you from some shitty hiding place far away. :(

It's why I always roll with an insertion when I have CP equipped. :D

I miss the days when a chopper meant something. It was a constant threat and took skill with the rpg to take out. There was a real interaction with the chopper because there was no easy way out of it.
Now choppers are just tools to take out bad players or people that haven't gotten cold blooded yet.

IW should have gotten the hint that they were going overboard with the killstreaks the day they decided the only way to balance them out was to add a perk that essentially makes them nothing more than noise makers and to add rocket launchers that aim for you.

jkanownik

divisionbyzorro said:

Never using a noob-toob. There should be challenges that have a negative effect if they are completed. You should get locked into pink camo if you go over a certain number of noob-toob kills.

jkanownik said:
Never using a noob-toob. There should be challenges that have a negative effect if they are completed. You should get locked into pink camo if you go over a certain number of noob-toob kills.

:lol

Funny, but wrong and dumb.

bulovski

Neo Member
Any help would be really appreciated.

I got MW2 on the PS3 recently. I applied the patch and started getting this weird stuttering problem - the graphics would pause every few seconds and continue. Makes the game completely unplayable. However, when I deleted the patch and played there are no issues and it runs smoothly.

I did manage to get it up and running smoothly once after a restart of the PS3 but it's not helping now. Help!

I am running the latest firmware and on MW2 1.09 patch. Thanks in advance.

MaGlock

So im looking to get back into this game but i only really enjoy playing with people i know randoms are the worst. So if anyone needs somebody else to play with im always down when im on. Eastern time and my gamertag is PFI Death

Dresden

I love all the hate for noobtoobs. There's nothing better than walking into a match with a Danger Close Pro setup and completely wrecking some dumb clan's shit for the night. RPG headshots followed by Chopper Gunners on steroids=lulz and many angry messages.

People take this game way too seriously, I gave that up way back in the Counter Strike days. Just have fun, for all the bullshit deaths you get you give out bullshit kills too.

butts

Dresden said:
I love all the hate for noobtoobs. There's nothing better than walking into a match with a Danger Close Pro setup and completely wrecking some dumb clan's shit for the night. RPG headshots followed by Chopper Gunners on steroids=lulz and many angry messages.

People take this game way too seriously, I gave that up way back in the Counter Strike days. Just have fun, for all the bullshit deaths you get you give out bullshit kills too.

Yes! Nothing better than a cocky clan talking shit before a round, pulling out the OMA/Danger Close/Toob class and wrecking them nonstop and then either hearing COMPLETE silence in the lobby afterwards, or just a bunch of whining and then a quick exit.

Nizz

mr_boo said:
Been on the bad side of that too. It's frustrating...I'm not sure how those that run Emergency Airdops do it - it's gotta be like 4x the rage when they get taken out :lol Lately, I've been tracking Care Packages - it's is pretty much an obvious tell on where the location of the person is. I might not kill them before they snag their crate, but there's always a pretty good chance I will get that kill (people don't seem to expect that they are being tracked).
I've actually been doing that, running with EAD. You get some nice xp points for sharing stuff like the stealth bomber, chopper gunner, etc. I'm trying to level up kind of quick to second Prestige and just work on gun challenges and figured in TDM that EAD was a quick way.

One time, someone did manage to get 2 of the 4 CP crates. :(

Sebulon3k said:
Not sure if this happens to anyone else as often as me, but I tend to be pretty stupid with where I place my care packages on Underpass. I would sometimes get emergency airdrop go to a secluded area of the map and drop the grenade. Just to have all 4 of my packages end up on a bridge above me, so disappointing for all the work I put in.
This only needed to happen to me once to realize you gotta be damn careful and mindful of where you throw down the CP grenade on that map. I called in a care package once, heard the chopper overhead, then waited for it to drop in front of me. I looked left, right, behind me scratching my head like "where the fuck did it go?" Then I looked up. There it was sitting on the broken bridge! :lol

aku:jiki said:
The worst is when you check literally everywhere, go for it and get noobtubed because he was looking at you from some shitty hiding place far away. :(

It's why I always roll with an insertion when I have CP equipped. :D
Yeah, that's the worst. I never thought about using Tactical Insertion though. I might try that. There's other equipment I haven't even tried out yet. I used Insertion maybe once? Never have used the Blast Shield, and I rarely use the C4.

Most equipment I use is frag grenades, semtex, claymores. Once in a while the throwing knife. Any equipment people here never use/have used?

Is anybody but me feeling like the matchmaking, ping-wise, on 360 got worse after the big MS server crash the other day? I swear I haven't gotten into a decent game since then; there's always a guy slideshowing around when that used to be pretty rare for me and at least half the opponents take double the bullets due to the lag. It's getting kinda old already. :/

fps fanatic said:
Yeah, that's the worst. I never thought about using Tactical Insertion though. I might try that. There's other equipment I haven't even tried out yet. I used Insertion maybe once? Never have used the Blast Shield, and I rarely use the C4.
You should give Insertions a shot, they can be pretty hilarious! Doesn't even matter what game mode you play; if you know you've stumbled on a flank on the enemy spawn, just put one down and be the most annoying bastard ever. Just plant an insertion and then suicide rush in there, get 2 kills, die and do it again until your team wins. :lol

It's especially fun for messing with the house campers on Estate! I swear, I have no idea how I've NEVER been found while doing this! Putting an insertion in the basement just always works! :lol

UFRA

divisionbyzorro said:

Flashbang headshot as the game winning kill from about 150ft away up in a building window.

I did it on Favela in Hardcore SD. :lol :lol

(didn't count as a headshot, it was instead a grenade impact kill, but it hit him square in the face)

Does the matchmaking put you in with players of similar rank? kd? etc or is it totally random?

Every fricken game at least half the players are 4+ prestige and the rest are all 1-2 prestige, only occasionally do i get a few guys on 20-40 original rank. I know this is more likely as time goes on as new players are rarer and older ones rank up but this was extreme. I can't compete with guys who have sunk 10+ days into this thing.

HooCares said:

Yes please, no akimbo bullshit, smaller maps like in COD4 which will fuck up the campers, take out deathstreaks and other crappy perks like commando.

Dresden

celestial body said:
Does the matchmaking put you in with players of similar rank? kd? etc or is it totally random?

Every fricken game at least half the players are 4+ prestige and the rest are all 1-2 prestige, only occasionally do i get a few guys on 20-40 original rank. I know this is more likely as time goes on as new players are rarer and older ones rank up but this was extreme. I can't compete with guys who have sunk 10+ days into this thing.
Welcome to online gaming. New players get owned.

jkanownik

butts said:
Yes! Nothing better than a cocky clan talking shit before a round, pulling out the OMA/Danger Close/Toob class and wrecking them nonstop and then either hearing COMPLETE silence in the lobby afterwards, or just a bunch of whining and then a quick exit.

The arms race has escalated. Cocky clans talking shit are now running around with OMA/Danger Close/Toob class. The worst was one clan I ran into last night that all had their kill death ratios as their clan tags. They ranged from [0.80] to [1.29]. As a team they averaged a 2.0 for the few games I played against them. The OMA/Danger Close/Toob class was basically doubling their KDR.

Top Bottom