• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

foomfoom415 said:
From the website: "In some related glitching news, the care package glitch has in fact been re-discovered and is being debated on its' release."

Translation: We haven't found a care package glitch yet.

Not necessarily, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a new one and are really waiting to release it.

CrazedArabMan said:
Not necessarily, I wouldn't be surprised if they found a new one and are really waiting to release it.

It would be like a warez group getting a hold of a final copy of Alan Wake and going, "well, we're debating whether or not to release it..." Any glitching group that finds another CP glitch is going to youtube it up as fast as they can find a lame song to mux into a cheesy montage.

That's not to say there's not another glitch to be found. IW has shown that well won't run dry anytime soon. But it's ridiculous to claim they've got one but might not release it.

foomfoom415 said:
It would be like a warez group getting a hold of a final copy of Alan Wake and going, "well, we're debating whether or not to release it..." Any glitching group that finds another CP glitch is going to youtube it up as fast as they can find a lame song to mux into a cheesy montage.

That's not to say there's not another glitch to be found. IW has shown that well won't run dry anytime soon. But it's ridiculous to claim they've got one but might not release it.

I'm not claiming that they do or don't just that the possibility is there.

rezuth

You guys gotta help me, I unlocked the RPG last night and I am addicted. I can't stop using it to clear out rooms, those sweet 4-5 kills at once are too tempting.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
greenjerk said:
Has anyone else found that switching to tactical made a big difference for them?

I've been using tactical for the longest time but I'm thinking about switching back to default since I can never react quick enough to 1v1 knife encounters.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
rezuth said:
You guys gotta help me, I unlocked the RPG last night and I am addicted. I can't stop using it to clear out rooms, those sweet 4-5 kills at once are too tempting.

I really hate that shit. I guess it is part of the game, but having a dude run around shooting RPGs because he can't aim with a gun just ticks me off. I wish all RPGs had to have a lock-on before shooting to avoid that bs.

Pankaks said:
I've been using tactical for the longest time but I'm thinking about switching back to default since I can never react quick enough to 1v1 knife encounters.
Yeah, I thought about switching but decided not to for just that reason. I feel like I'm caught in encounters where I would need to use my knife more often than instances where I would need to use a drop shot. It's so much more difficult to knife effectively using B than clicking the right stick.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Wessiej said:
Just had the final Killcam with a Predator Missile that killed the entire enemy team. So goooooood.
fuckin lucky bastards. I can never get more than like, 1 kill with a predator most of the team, with even danger close on and shit.

rezuth

dskillzhtown said:
I really hate that shit. I guess it is part of the game, but having a dude run around shooting RPGs because he can't aim with a gun just ticks me off. I wish all RPGs had to have a lock-on before shooting to avoid that bs.
I hate it too :lol I just felt the need to take revenge on all the bullshit I have had to take while leveling up. If that makes any sense, I'm going back to my ACR now :)
SpeedingUptoStop said:
fuckin lucky bastards. I can never get more than like, 1 kill with a predator most of the team, with even danger close on and shit.
You just gotta wait out until you know a position, just activating it random and hoping for the best almost never works out.

rezuth said:

Congratulations. You're using the tools the game gave you effectively. Don't let these haters get you down.

MechDX

backflip10019 said:
You know, you come off as a real prick in most of your posts in this thread.

He is correct though. I get accused of being a "noob tubing bitch" constantly. To which I exclaim "Yes I am! No worse than the runners, campers and all the other shit classes running around"

Wessiej

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I did it in Skidrow, so most of the time the enemy team is hiding in buildings. This time they are running inside the main-building. My predator gave them a warm welcome.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Strider2K99 said:
02/16/10
PS3 patch 1.09 - "Permanent" fix to infinite CP glitch. Patch notes here:http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...?f=32&t=260502

02/12/10
360 patch 4 - Patch notes here: http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...29920#p3829920

So, the care package glitch's still there in the 360 version or I'm fine?
Since I was just a level 6 dead man walking, I stopped playing right there waiting for the patch (even if probably wouldn't have made hell any difference to a noobie like me).
Can I get back to MW2 now or the right patch's still under Microsoft's testing?

Also bear with me, maybe you can help me: Sometimes even after I've made someone eat a bag of bullet, they're still standing alive and ready to wipe my ass with like one round of fire.
Is that because of:
special skills that are acquired through levelling up (I have a couple myself)
lag, since I don't have that great of a connection and I'm mostly a "yellow" (even if I don't seem to experience visible lag, everything's really fluid and there's no animation skipping and such like other games (Forza 3).

MechDX said:
He is correct though. I get accused of being a "noob tubing bitch" constantly. To which I exclaim "Yes I am! No worse than the runners, campers and all the other shit classes running around"
I guess. I just wish that a modern FPS game was about, you know, shooting instead of all the crap that IW made possible.

Dash Kappei said:
Since I was just a level 6 dead man walking, I stopped playing right there waiting for the patch (even if probably wouldn't have made hell any difference to a noobie like me).

Also bear with me, maybe you can help me: Sometimes even after I've made someone eat a bag of bullet, they're still standing alive and ready to wipe my ass with like one round of fire.
Is that because of:
lag, since I don't have that great of a connection and I'm mostly a "yellow" (even if I don't seem to experience visible lag, everything's really fluid and there's no animation skipping and such like other games (Forza 3).
It's probably because of lag.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the CP glitch has been cleared up. Been playing for the past few days and haven't encountered it once.

Nizz

bulovski said:
Anyone please? And I found out last night it's not the patch - it only happens if I am logged into PSN. The game stutters like crazy - even on SP. If I am not signed in, no issues at all. I don't have a problem with any other game on the PS3.
One weird thing I've had happen on PS3 is that when I went to download patch 1.08, the time left to download the patch kept climbing. It went from 20 seconds left, to 30, 40, a minute, two minutes, etc.

Happened last night when I was prompted to download 1.09. It stopped at around 20%, and the estimated time left for the patch to d/load kept climbing. Third time I tried, it just stayed at 4%. I'm going to try again tonight.

Dash Kappei said:

Is that because of:

Care package glitch is fixed on 360. Some hackers have claimed that they've figured out a new one, but we haven't seen proof yet. Hopefully it won't pan out, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out how to make the EAD drop 200 packages at once.

As to your second question: not to sound too much like a prick (since some people apparently think I am) but are you getting hit markers on all your shots? If so, you're lagging. If not, you're missing. Painkiller is the exception here; if a little pill pops up when you're shooting them, they have painkiller active and your damage is decreased by 1/3rd. That's a deathstreak though, not a perk. The only perk pertaining to bullet damage is Stoppng Power, which you start with.

MechDX

backflip10019 said:
I guess. I just wish that a modern FPS game was about, you know, shooting instead of all the crap that IW made possible.

Im with you. I tried playing like a standard shooter and still do. As the game progresses though I get tubed, stabbed by some dude running like Michael Johnson or sniped repeatedly when I spawn in. Then I just live by the motto "When in Rome."

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Congratulations. You're using the tools the game gave you effectively. Don't let these haters get you down.

I have to agree with ya, I hate anyone who spams but if you can catch 4 or 5 of the enemy stupid enough to bunch up like that they deserve their death.

RE: tactical, I like it now that i'm used to it. Much easier and faster to duck up and down out of cover. I find myself surviving many more gunfire exchanges.

Regarding 1v1 encounters, I was a bit concerned but last night I hit my right thumb stick on instinct and went prone, he missed his knife and I shot him. Don't know how often that'll happen though. :lol

greenjerk said:
I have to agree with ya, I hate anyone who spams but if you can catch 4 or 5 of the enemy stupid enough to bunch up like that they deserve their death.

It's especially good in HQ when the enemy decides that staying in the HQ is the best way to defend it. Mua ha ha.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
It's especially good in HQ when the enemy decides that staying in the HQ is the best way to defend it. Mua ha ha.

I don't play HQ much but I make the other team pay on Domination and Demolition if they decide to squat on a CP.

I'm using the Thumper right now though, haven't gotten back to the RPG yet (plus i like that the thumper doesn't wave like a big "shoot me" sign on my back like the stinger or rpg does.

dskillzhtown said:

I was killed last on a match the other night on dust, guy fire an rpg from the warehouse at the end at the concrete wall with the big crane on top, I was 3-4 metres away from the rocket and still killed me, wasn't particularly amused.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
(thanks to backflip as well for his reply)

divisionbyzorro said:
Care package glitch is fixed on 360. Some hackers have claimed that they've figured out a new one, but we haven't seen proof yet. Hopefully it won't pan out, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out how to make the EAD drop 200 packages at once.

I see.
Yeah, I've read the "we may or may not have found a new carepack glitch" thing above.

As to your second question: not to sound too much like a prick (since some people apparently think I am) but are you getting hit markers on all your shots? If so, you're lagging. If not, you're missing. Painkiller is the exception here; if a little pill pops up when you're shooting them, they have painkiller active and your damage is decreased by 1/3rd. That's a deathstreak though, not a perk. The only perk pertaining to bullet damage is Stoppng Power, which you start with.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost ashamed to reply to this but hey... what do you mean by hit markers? The bullets impacting the target, right? Difficult to say, I don't usually snipe so I'm mostly talking "bolt rifles". Is there a clear video feedback to see if I'm actually hit marking or not? Ao that I'll try it again tonight. I actually tried googling something on youtube but all I've found were snipers lagging video or cases of bad lag (as I've said everything's really fluid, same as on on splitscreen's 2p Special Ops missions... and believe me unfortunately I'm used to see cases of bad laggin', I was actually surprised to see how well MW2 seemed to be for me online... no Gears 2 for sure!).
I'd really prefer to know that I just really suck at it but that the game runs well

Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it! :)

Dash Kappei said:
I'm almost ashamed to reply to this but hey... what do you mean by hit markers? The bullets impacting the target, right? Difficult to say, I don't usually snipe so I'm mostly talking "bolt rifles". Is there a clear video feedback to see if I'm actually hit marking or not? Ao that I'll try it again tonight. I actually tried googling something on youtube but all I've found were snipers lagging video or cases of bad lag (as I've said everything's really fluid, same as on on splitscreen's 2p Special Ops missions... and believe me unfortunately I'm used to see cases of bad laggin', I was actually surprised to see how well MW2 seemed to be for me online... no Gears 2 for sure!).
I'd really prefer to know that I just really suck at it but that the game runs well

Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it! :)

A hit marker is the "X" that pops up inside of your reticule when you hit an enemy. It's also accompanied by a distinctive "thunk" sound as well. Watch a couple online videos and pay attention to the reticule and you'll see what I'm referring to, and then start watching it when you play.

EDIT: Here - watch Max's nuke video and look for hit markers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOJvAD4sN-Y

When people say "hit markers," they're referring to the four markers around your reticule that light up when you shoot somebody.

They look like this:

\ /

/ \

Swag

Just got my first nuke by pure luck :lol, I unlocked it as a killstreak reward and forgot to change back to Chopper Gunner.

So I'm playing Mercenary TDM on Quarry and I'm like Fuck I don't have Apache as my last KS. So I go about my business, I go to the water tower and decide to camp there cause I didn't wanna be involved heavily in the match.

People just keep pouring in there and I get my pred use it and get a triple, next I call in my Cobra. This thing is doing WORK got me like 9 kills.

So I'm like sitting at 19 kills at this point, I One Man Army to my Hardline class and pray people keep being stupid and going up the ladder / the walk way to the water tower. get to 23, and I'm like Holy shit at this point someone comes in Blinds me with a flash bang and I start SPRAYING with my ACR Silenced. Kill him, call in the nuke and everyone on my team is like "WTF"

Needless to say I feel very good, and Quarry is my new favorite map.

Sebulon3k said:
Just got my first nuke by pure luck :lol, I unlocked it as a killstreak reward and forgot to change back to Chopper Gunner.

So I'm playing Mercenary TDM on Quarry and I'm like Fuck I don't have Apache as my last KS. So I go about my business, I go to the water tower and decide to camp there cause I didn't wanna be involved heavily in the match.

People just keep pouring in there and I get my pred use it and get a triple, next I call in my Cobra. This thing is doing WORK got me like 9 kills.

So I'm like sitting at 19 kills at this point, I One Man Army to my Hardline class and pray people keep being stupid and going up the ladder / the walk way to the water tower. get to 23, and I'm like Holy shit at this point someone comes in Blinds me with a flash bang and I start SPRAYING with my ACR Silenced. Kill him, call in the nuke and everyone on my team is like "WTF"

Needless to say I feel very good, and Quarry is my new favorite map.

:lol nice man. Congrats. I wish I had a good nuke story. I only have boring ones or ones that suck...like when the host leaves or when the game ends before I can call it in.

Mr. B Natural said:
:lol nice man. Congrats. I wish I had a good nuke story. I only have boring ones or ones that suck...like when the host leaves or when the game ends before I can call it in.

Most of my nuke stories start with "I equipped the OMA-tube" build. So I don't typically tell them here to avoid the flaming :lol

whitehawk

Banned
Recently I got to 23 kills, and all I had was a raffica. I was in a camping spot. Luckily someone on my team used UAV, so I saw the two people coming up to try and kill me, and I got my second nuke. Almost died on the second enemy too, I was freaking out.

I was using a UMP to get most of them too.

kyo_daikun said:
I was killed last on a match the other night on dust, guy fire an rpg from the warehouse at the end at the concrete wall with the big crane on top, I was 3-4 metres away from the rocket and still killed me, wasn't particularly amused.

you think 3-4 meters is far away from a rocket?

Ovid

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Wait until UAV goes up. Then wait till u see a cluster of red dots. Shoot your load afterwards. :D

Played this game online for a good 4 hours this afternoon since I had the chance to play it again and using my own gamertag this time, went from rank 1 to 11, not bad since I die a lot as I am so not use to this game :lol

I ahd two matches where there was nukes and the person who used them must have boosted since he had like 1 or 0 deaths to 25+ kills all within about the first 3-4 minutes of a match, but the rest I played were fine (for what I know)

This game has a love/hate relationship with me, I get rather angry that I will spawn and before I even move get killed by the enemy, or sniped across the map and through a wall by some camper on the snow stages, but at the same time I enjoy the gun play and it feels good when you do ambush people and get some tasty kills.

whitehawk

Banned
tarius1210 said:
Wait until UAV goes up. Then wait till u see a cluster of red dots. Shoot your load afterwards. :D
The best is when you play domination (or a gametype with tounds), then shoot it at the beginning of the round and kill 4 people at spawn.

JustHadToJoin said:
you think 3-4 meters is far away from a rocket?

For something thats primarily an anti tank weapon yes I do, I was far to the left and behind the explosion as well, tho there's tons of inconsistencies in this game tho so gotta ignore it I guess (predator missile not killing people hiding under a wooden shed roof for example)

Sealda

Banned
Play CTF or Demo and wait save it till start of 2nd round

Or

Play ground war or whatever, wait till you see a lot of dead enemies on the scoreboard. When they all respawn, shoot.

Just had a match with some guy who was nuke boosting. Knew something was up because he had a Chopper gunner within like 2 minutes after the match started. The guy on my team was 0-17 and I managed to find and kill the booster who was 22-0. He just cursed me out after the match ended. :D

Ok im on PS3 and I was playing tonight with my friends and im on Derail and I start on the town side and I head left, sticking to the trees and I get all the way to the end and head right and climb up the box that faces the warehouse and I see something in the clouds and I was like "WTF is that." I iron site up at it and its a guy up there shooting lead precipitation from the sky. I start shooting at him and he takes a few bullets and moves real quick to a spot off the boundary of the map behind the creek. My whole team is hunting for the guy and we eventually get him.

Is this new?

KoruptData said:
Ok im on PS3 and I was playing tonight with my friends and im on Derail and I start on the town side and I head left, sticking to the trees and I get all the way to the end and head right and climb up the box that faces the warehouse and I see something in the clouds and I was like "WTF is that." I iron site up at it and its a guy up there shooting lead precipitation from the sky. I start shooting at him and he takes a few bullets and moves real quick to a spot off the boundary of the map behind the creek. My whole team is hunting for the guy and we eventually get him.

Is this new?
Elevator glitch. Youtube it.

Top Bottom