• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Rapping Granny said:
Yes please, no akimbo bullshit, smaller maps like in COD4 which will fuck up the campers, take out deathstreaks and other crappy perks like commando.

Sounds like you're describing COD4. Methinks you should go play that instead.

whitehawk

Banned
So I just got my second nuke..

I haven't gotten a nuke (or even more than 1 25 killstreaks) for 5 days of playtime. Now I get 2 nukes within the same week...

Fugu

divisionbyzorro said:
Sounds like you're describing COD4. Methinks you should go play that instead.
Modern Warfare 2 would certainly be a much more balanced game without akimbo. Don't know about all that other stuff though.

-viper-

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Yes please, no akimbo bullshit, smaller maps like in COD4 which will fuck up the campers, take out deathstreaks and other crappy perks like commando.
I agree. Commando is such bullshit.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
just had my best game by far on Sabotage on derail My score was 46-12 and I was being pretty cavalier about it which I'm proud of, could've been much better if I'd played it safe. me and my friend finished 1st and 2nd while other high scorers on our team were pussies and mainly camped in the middle warehouse. One douche even grabbed the bomb and took it there to hide until timeout after I'd gone to the trouble of trying to plant it about 5 times.

For a long time it was like a one man team as people just camped, I would grab the bomb, try to plant, die, respawn miles away, intercept the carrier, carry it all on my own, try to plant - over and over. I literally had to kill 8 people on my own as I was traveling with the bomb. combination of claymore baiting and clever movement did the trick.

I even attempted to land an emergency air drop on the roof by their target (A flag). didn't go very well, though my team mates cleaned up somehow. I've seriously never seen a game like it where one team just gets torn to shreds so badly that they resort to just staying in the shops at the back of the map. I was just tearing shit up by hand, emergency airdrop was my highest KS and I was giving those away!

My mate ended up 37-11, 3rd guy was 32-2 or so, 4th was 26-8 and so on.

followed that immediately with the worst game ever. I played crap but we had 2 losers on our team who were trying to glitch. I just have to rant about these assholes.

get into the lobby and they're all "who wants 10th prestige hack??"

then they're trying to glitch and I follow them: "oh dude please just go defend the bomb please, dont be a fag. *I shoot him to attract people* oh you're such a fag!!"

enemy plants bomb "omg you fags defuse the bomb, defend the bomb what the fuck!!"

manages to glitch "oh yeh, I just got lightweight pro in 5 seconds, I just ran 200 miles, 300 miles, 500 miles hahaha ok let the enemy plant the bomb now"

enemy plants bomb "dont defuse it, dont defuse it *blows up* YES! I just ran 500 miles and I got lightweight pro like 2 minutes ago!! anyone wanna 10 prestige hack??"

Boodro13 and GetKilled15

assholes.

then I get a voice message from a guy asking for 1600 MS points in exchange for invites to his hacked lobby. cant MS ban these fuckers? you have voice messages as proof ffs.

PetriP-TNT said:
Getting a triple kill in HC S&D by shooting a C4
Walking up the long corridor three people on the other team are camping and finishing them all off one-by-one with one round from the G18 machine pistol. My life will never be that good again, I should just die now. =(

grap3fruitman said:
Okay so last night my brother's playing and I'm watching and he gets invited into this private match.

Photo0579-1.jpg

Look at the game type.

I knew about this being in the PC version through hacking but how are people doing this on 360 and getting online? I thought J-tagged 360s were easily detected and banned instantly.

I wonder if they'll "release" this mode down the line as DLC via an unlock key. I wouldn't be surprised considering this is Activision.

Anyway, we were inviting friends 'cause they wouldn't believe us otherwise and you could keep the mode for private matches assuming you didn't play any other game types, private or public.

Anyone else seen these on XBL?
Anyone?

Aselith

Rapping Granny said:

What's wrong with deathstreaks?

careful

This game seems to be getting a lot of hate in general. I think most will agree that it's not as balanced as COD4 (maps, weapons, perks), the lag is worse than COD4, and the bugs have been pretty annoying so far, but even despite all that, when things go right it's still a top notch online FPS. On consoles particularly, no other game controls like it. You can definitely argue that it's a disappointment when compared to COD4, but the game still has some redeemable values.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Woohoo, finally unlocked all the Scar's attachments.

Got my first nuke on highrise TDM, 33-3. I was using:
lvl42 2nd Prestige
Harrier>Chopper Gunner>Nuke
m16 + Reddot
Magnum + FMJ
Claymore/Stun
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Last stand

I got my harriers and got only two kills total, then found my way to chopper gunner. I hid in the middle tunnel under the Helipad since I knew the other team would all go inside. I called that in and got like 8 kills before it despawned. Then I got two kills with my gun again. Then boom. It was pretty cool, not as epic as it could've been though. I immediately used the nuke instead of waiting towards the end of the match.

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
Most equipment I use is frag grenades, semtex, claymores. Once in a while the throwing knife. Any equipment people here never use/have used?

I use Tac Insert on my SMG class (aka the class I'm more likely to rush with). Since SMG provides fastest movement speed, I leave the flare in a spot nearby but as much out of the sight as possible so even if I die, I can respawn immediately and get back in the action. I'm surprised at the amount of people that don't expect it.

You have to occasionally make rounds near your flare though, in case some douche decides to camp near it to go for an easy kill.

It's also good if you're a sniper and found a good sniping spot on the map (for example, if you manage to get on the roof of the Domination C building in Highrise).

Of course, flare is useless in certain gametypes, like Search and Destroy.

What do you do when you're on a 24 kill streak, going for nuke #10, and you get killed by someone spamming a wall with an LMG?

I quit, put the controller down, and quivered quietly in my seat for a minute.

I then decided to just run around the map with akimbo Rafficas for the rest of the session.

TheGOHN

divisionbyzorro said:
Here's another one: is there anything more useless than the mounted MG on Karachi hidden behind Charlie that points to...basically nothing?

You must not play capture the flag much.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
-viper- said:
The health deathstreak is the worst one. I can unload a full clip in someone and they still remain alive.
It's the worst one because in the time it takes to get anywhere in any map, it's already gone.

Aurora

I just sold my copy of the game.

There was just way too much bullshit in this game. The type of play style MW2 promotes is exactly the opposite of what I call fun. I decided to cut my losses and sell the game while it was still worth something.

Damn my mind feels clear.

mr_boo

Rapping Granny said:
basically there is juggernaught and last stand in them.
Painkiller is hardly Juggernaut - the limited amount of time associated with Painkiller was designed address cases where you were getting spawn-trapped. I don't know...I don't really have an issue with any of the Deathstreaks. Sure I get taken out or I lose a kill, but think of the flip-side, the other guy's probably having a worse day (dying 3-4 times in a row).

TheGOHN

divisionbyzorro said:
I don't. I take it the flag is back there?

Yep, right in front of that MG. I think they put it in that spot because that side of the map is less protected, you have three ways in to get the flag where as on the other side its harder to get in, you have to go behinde the little shack. Having the MG allows you to make the ememy team think twice about taking that route and it evens out the map a bit.

mr_boo said:
Painkiller is hardly Juggernaut - the limited amount of time associated with Painkiller was designed address cases where you were getting spawn-trapped. I don't know...I don't really have an issue with any of the Deathstreaks. Sure I get taken out or I lose a kill, but think of the flip-side, the other guy's probably having a worse day (dying 3-4 times in a row).

Painkiller is roughly twice as strong as Juggernaut (it divides by 3 instead of by 1.4), but it's temporary and you have to die multiple times in a row to get it. It's obnoxious, but hardly overpowered.

Najaf

So I spent a few hours in free for all getting all the game winning kill challenges. Seeing as a majority of FFA players are significantly less skilled than team based games, it seemed quite easy to develop a 7-10 kill lead. I would save the appropriate killstreak, then unleash it and wait for the last kill. I went through the throwing knife, sticky grenade, riot shield, and even last stand challenges in this manor as well.

Now, I only have the care package kill to complete. Does anyone have a good location to call in the emergency airdrop (or care package if you are hurting for an 8 streak), where there is a lot of foot traffic? I was thinking about scrapyard in front of B between the truck and wearhouse. The smoke and announcement of the drop would draw attention and I might get lucky with a rusher.

Has anyone employed a successful strategy with this aside from mere luck?

Najaf said:
So I spent a few hours in free for all getting all the game winning kill challenges. Seeing as a majority of FFA players are significantly less skilled than team based games, it seemed quite easy to develop a 7-10 kill lead. I would save the appropriate killstreak, then unleash it and wait for the last kill. I went through the throwing knife, sticky grenade, riot shield, and even last stand challenges in this manor as well.

Now, I only have the care package kill to complete. Does anyone have a good location to call in the emergency airdrop in, where there is a lot of foot traffic? I was thinking about scrapyard in front of B between the truck and wearhouse. The smoke and announcement of the drop would draw attention and I might get lucky with a rusher.

Anybody have results with a strategy with this aside from mere luck?

Game winning kill with a package? That's just going to take serious luck. The more packages/E-drops you can get, the better. Just save them all and then start chucking grenades around the map when you get near the end. Best of luck to ya, mate. Maybe you can record your attempts so that we can see it when you do finally get it?

divisionbyzorro said:
Game winning kill with a package? That's just going to take serious luck. The more packages/E-drops you can get, the better. Just save them all and then start chucking grenades around the map when you get near the end. Best of luck to ya, mate. Maybe you can record your attempts so that we can see it when you do finally get it?

Seems to be the most improbable challenge to complete.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Najaf said:

Now, I only have the care package kill to complete. Does anyone have a good location to call in the emergency airdrop (or care package if you are hurting for an 8 streak), where there is a lot of foot traffic? I was thinking about scrapyard in front of B between the truck and wearhouse. The smoke and announcement of the drop would draw attention and I might get lucky with a rusher.

Has anyone employed a successful strategy with this aside from mere luck?
I would think launching it over by C would be the better strategy, especially between those plane pieces. But yeah, that's gonna take a shit-ton of luck.

I'd also try to do an emergency airdrop in Highrise right by B or by the building on the side of the map with the ledges/beams... wait til someone starts to take it and then toss the smoke.

divisionbyzorro said:
Hm. The hack stuff doesn't bother me too much, since those games are incredibly rare and 99.99% of players will never run into those douchebags.

However, if they've really found another real CP glitch that doesn't require hacking - damn.

It mentions it at the bottom that they are pending a release on how to do the new CP glitch.

grap3fruitman said:

I mentioned this like a month ago or so. Some IW developer replied to me and said that it was an unfinished game mode that was left on the game but hackers were able to access it. If you look i don't know how many pages back you might find the reply.

Dresden

corkscrewblow said:
Holy shit IW just fucking REMOVE care package from the game. It was a terrible idea to begin with.
:lol Seriously. Or make sure that you can't get anything higher than a Predator from it.

Najaf

So I experimented with some different methods to get the game winning kill with a package. Free for all is a must to ensure a final kill. I began running with the sentry gun, harrier, and emergency air drop. The harrier helps pad the lead against tougher players.

My plan was to earn up two emergency air drops and save one sentry gun. I would use the first sentry and first harrier for a better lead. Then, at 29 kills, I would throw the first emergency airdrop in a common place, wait for about 5 seconds, then throw the second emergency air drop in the same direction and place as the first. (also toss the sentry smoke out in the same area) Then I planned to take cover while the first landed. Wait for a few seconds for a crowd to draw then deploy both stun grenades. Whoever was trying to capture one of the first 4 would likely have a solid chance at getting hit by the second wave.

Tonight I was not able to stack up the two EADs. I had one saved up on three different matches and tossed it out into the map to no avail. I believe if I get the strategy above to work on a tight map like scrapyard or highrise, I stand a good chance at landing one soon.

Kujo

Care Package is my last GWK to get as well. I figure another way of getting it may be to stock up a couple of them, get to the position of needing one more kill and then just hope you find some sniper or someone camping prone and throw the marker right next to them. Haven't tried it but it could work if they don't have the sound up, lol

MarkMclovin said:
Wow. After giving MW:2 a rest for a month (and actually enjoying other games!) this shit is about to come back?

From the website: "In some related glitching news, the care package glitch has in fact been re-discovered and is being debated on its' release."

Translation: We haven't found a care package glitch yet.

bulovski

Neo Member
bulovski said:
Any help would be really appreciated.

I got MW2 on the PS3 recently. I applied the patch and started getting this weird stuttering problem - the graphics would pause every few seconds and continue. Makes the game completely unplayable. However, when I deleted the patch and played there are no issues and it runs smoothly.

I did manage to get it up and running smoothly once after a restart of the PS3 but it's not helping now. Help!

I am running the latest firmware and on MW2 1.09 patch. Thanks in advance.

Anyone please? And I found out last night it's not the patch - it only happens if I am logged into PSN. The game stutters like crazy - even on SP. If I am not signed in, no issues at all. I don't have a problem with any other game on the PS3.

corkscrewblow said:
Holy shit IW just fucking REMOVE care package from the game. It was a terrible idea to begin with.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but there's nothing wrong with the care package. I think it works just fine; glitches aside. And don't forget that the glitch applied to sentry and EAD as well.

Top Bottom