• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Zinthar

nib95 said:
Hmm, that's too late lol. Need it tomorrow 12pm GMT really. What about eBay? Don't people PM codes over to save shipping time? I'd be willing to forward over money for that. Whatever is quickest really. But $40 is still cheaper than what I'd pay in the UK so it's all good. I appreciate you taking the time out to help.

If you want to use ebay, you could probably just buy it yourself off the US listings, no middle-man needed.

If you want the $40 amazon card, given that I wouldn't have it till Wednesday, you could just suspend your live renewal (delete your credit cards so Microsoft can't charge them) and go without live for 2 days, then just redeem the code on Wednesday evening.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was replaying CoD4 today and I noticed that the guy that's interrogating Griggs in Act 3 is the same voice actor as Makarov.

Shins

Banned
Flunkie said:
Just finished the campaign.
I hated how the story started off - it was more like "wtf is this shit?" then about halfway/three-fourths through, it got pretty sweet. I felt like MW1 had more of an impact storywise, though.

Infinity Ward does not give a flying fuck about their community.
I wouldn't give a flying fuck about pirates either.

Just sayin'. ¯\(°_0)/¯

Got my copy yesterday afternoon at Gamestop (NYC). This game is a blast, possibly edging out UC2 as my GOTY. I already have 45/69 stars for Spec Ops (played spitscreen co-op with friends) and I'm about 4 hours into the singleplayer mode (playing on veteran), which is freaking awesome. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet, I'm trying to beat singleplayer before Tuesday so I can start mutli with everyone else.

God this trophy bug sucks. Why the fuck can't they just push the patch already?

I've got 9 stars in Spec Ops so far (barely played it) but didn't get the trophy for the 8 stars... so I'm basically assed out of that forever unless they do some retroactive thing with the patch (yeah right).

edit: oh yeah, forgot the obligatory:

FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA

Sailor

Does anyone know if the $20 game credit from Amazon can be used on pre-orders? Planning on using it for Galaxy 2 but that doesn't release until a while from now and I'm pretty sure the credit expires by the end of this year.

AnIco

Sailor said:
Does anyone know if the $20 game credit from Amazon can be used on pre-orders? Planning on using it for Galaxy 2 but that doesn't release until a while from now and I'm pretty sure the credit expires by the end of this year.

Should work.

Neiteio

Just occurred to me, had Super Mario Galaxy 2 and BioShock 2 come out this year, this would've been GOTY 2007 contenders part deux.

[/inane observation]

Odrion

Banned
Dartastic said:
Holy crap, I just saw a video of a legit nuke. So cool, but MAN is the helicopter broken. He got like 10 kills in seconds!
Kinda cool, not too impressive. Everyone just kinda gets thrown around. I want to see them disintegrate, damnit.

Cornballer said:
Weird, my copy just shipped from Amazon via USPS with a delivery date estimate of 11/13?!? Strange given that I have Prime and was promised release date shipping. :/ Guess I'll send them an email. I'm going to be pretty pissed off if it isn't here on Tuesday.
Just got an email back from Amazon. Guess they screwed up and accidentally sent it via USPS, so they offered to overnight me a copy and pay for the shipping. I just have to send the other copy back once it finally gets here.

whitehawk

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
Mass Effect GOTY? :lol
6exfg5y.gif

With the latest gametrailers bonus round its hard to imagine how their review process could be anything legitimate. I doubt they'll even ask about dedicated servers, the FAGs video, and all the other little controversies that are going on.

In no way was COD4 deserving of GOTY. The multiplayer was all kinds of awesome but the campaign was almost broken. Anything with a single-player mode as bullshit as COD4 on higher levels doesn't deserve to be GOTY.

RS4-

So... people playing already don't have to worry about getting their shit reset.

And kill streak perks count towards your next one.

What the fuck.

dagZ

does anyone hate the fact that snipers dont kill in one hit anymore? if it wasn't broken in the first game, why fix it?

_Alkaline_ said:
In no way was COD4 deserving of GOTY. The multiplayer was all kinds of awesome but the campaign was almost broken. Anything with a single-player mode as bullshit as COD4 on higher levels doesn't deserve to be GOTY.

COD4 single player was great. Veteran was as frustrating as all COD games, but your not required to play on that difficulty.

BrassMonkey1010 said:
COD4 single player was great. Veteran was as frustrating as all COD games, but your not required to play on that difficulty.

There was a ton of potential with all the different scenarios and locations - and sometimes this was executed well, as stuff like All Ghillied Up, Hunted and Death From Above were really, really good. I think it was mostly because those missions were unique and didn't artificially force you to keep moving. You know a game is practically broken when progression can be dictated by how quickly you run to the next checkpoint.

Often you would just have to make a run for it in order to keep moving on, since taking cover and picking enemies off was basically useless due to the respawning enemy closets. Not to mention the ridiculous use of grenades by enemies at higher levels, something that was both unrealistic and just plain unfair. Also, you have to love how you have a ton of allies most of the time yet the enemies almost always focus solely on you. There's one part in Hunted towards the end where you have to take cover from a helicopter. The helicopter is actually designed to only shoot at you. If you move left, the helicoper will move to the left as well, even if you all your allies are on the right side. Bullshit.

COD4's campaign had some fantastic moments but it was as if IW did all they could to make me dislike it.

J-Rzez

dagZ said:
does anyone hate the fact that snipers dont kill in one hit anymore? if it wasn't broken in the first game, why fix it?

I thought I saw a few "One Shot Kill" notifications pop up in some vids. Or is it just the big guns that are one shot kill? I never liked sniping in MW1 though, most maps were not designed for sniping. Some had a couple spots to shoot from that's about it. Most of it was more scope'n'shoot on the go like in Halo (though halo has more sniping spots).

I love sniping in games, hopefully it's not "teh suck" in this one too.

cresto

That attack chopper looks insanely ridiculous. I hope it takes something small like a clip of ammo to take down because otherwise there looks to be quite a few tactical nukes dropping.

Think I'm going to try to get Mile High club tomorrow to get me prepped for Tuesday.

I never really gave it much effort when I was actually playing through Call of Duty single player the first time. We'll see how this goes.

J-Rzez said:
I thought I saw a few "One Shot Kill" notifications pop up in some vids. Or is it just the big guns that are one shot kill? I never liked sniping in MW1 though, most maps were not designed for sniping. Some had a couple spots to shoot from that's about it. Most of it was more scope'n'shoot on the go like in Halo (though halo has more sniping spots).

I love sniping in games, hopefully it's not "teh suck" in this one too.

Yeah I really liked a lot of the maps in WaW because many off them were large and open enough to make sniping worthwhile but they were still compartmentalised enough that you weren't disadvantaged if you didn't want to snipe. MW1 didn't have any maps like that, I'm hoping this one does.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
TheHeretic said:
With the latest gametrailers bonus round its hard to imagine how their review process could be anything legitimate. I doubt they'll even ask about dedicated servers, the FAGs video, and all the other little controversies that are going on.

FAGs video should have 0 bearing on reviews. Dedicated servers, on the other hand...

ergo said:
That attack chopper looks insanely ridiculous. I hope it takes something small like a clip of ammo to take down because otherwise there looks to be quite a few tactical nukes dropping.
A variety of lock-on launchers are in the game just for that purpose. I took a helicopter down by myself with an AT-4 and 1/4 clip, wasn't difficult.

Sailor

Soo what are you guys using your $20 credit for?

Personally I'm going to use it to reserve Super Mario Galaxy 2, can't really think of another game I want that comes out soon.

Jtrizzy

do we know what the resolution is for either version? Have any of the graphics freaks (you know who you are) around here had impressions yet?

Top Bottom