• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

icechai

Raxus said:
I am still terribly confused what is going on with the resets. Are they doing it. Can I keep my titles, is leaderboards getting reset.

according to Infinity Ward's twitter guy, they will not reset non-pirated versions.

Petrae

Raxus said:
I am still terribly confused what is going on with the resets. Are they doing it. Can I keep my titles, is leaderboards getting reset.

According to Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward, as long as you didn't pirate the game, you'll keep your stats, rank, and perks with no punitive action or stat wipes.

Any players who purchased a legit retail copy will not be reset or banned. Only modded / pirate versions will be.

EDIT: Beaten by a nanosecond.

HOLY FUCK, this game really hit home for me. I live in Prince Georges County, MD right behind the community college. When i saw that intermission I ALMOST wanted to hide under my bed and wait for an oncoming missle attack. :lol If that loading bar on the bottom wasn't there, it coulda convienced anyone.

zewone

Buckethead said:
So how are they supposedly solving the grenade spam problem?

I heard that didn't know what was up.
Huh?

If you're talking about single player, it's been fixed from the previous CODs.

Rickard

Buckethead said:
So how are they supposedly solving the grenade spam problem?

I heard that didn't know what was up.

Grenade trails, new physics, blast shields, martydom altered...

oh, and the called everyone faggots and pussies in an official video.

Duel shotguns? P90's? When did IW hire John Woo as their military consultant? And who are these soldiers able to duel wield guns. I keep picturing that steroid guy whose arms exploded.

TimeLike

peterb0y said:
Can anyone answer this question for me...
Can you play online 2 person splitscreen a la halo games?

No.

I've been playing multiplayer most of the day today and I've come to the conclusion that there is just too much shit. They've really gone way overboard with all the stuff that is going on in the game and all the unlockables and challenges.

It feels like an arcade game. There is so much clutter and happy meals falling from the sky on parachutes and harriers and helis and airstrikes and uavs and counter uavs all going on at once. It feels like the twelve players are balls bouncing around a pinball machine with pointscore indicatrors flashing all over. It's just crazy times!

Where do I insert the quarters?!

dwin45

TimeLike said:
No.

I've been playing multiplayer most of the day today and I've come to the conclusion that there is just too much shit. They've really gone way overboard with all the stuff that is going on in the game and all the unlockables and challenges.

It feels like an arcade game. There is so much clutter and happy meals falling from the sky on parachutes and harriers and helis and airstrikes and uavs and counter uavs all going on at once. It feels like the twelve players are balls bouncing around a pinball machine with pointscore indicatrors flashing all over. It's just crazy times!

Hopefully a quick patch will stop some of the insanity.

Flunkie

Banned
TimeLike said:
No.

:lol

This is exactly what I feared would happen.

Rickard said:
Grenade trails, new physics, blast shields, martydom altered...
How was Martyrdom altered? That's the only grenade thing that I liked it's cheapness. :lol

Also I hope they didn't fuck up the multi. GAF's impressions are making me nervous.

God I hope this is just 2 days after unofficial release GAF hyperbole. This is sounding more and more like KZ2 level of dissapointment to me. Also anyone know if you HAVE to go the midnight release? I don't feel like dicking around at GameStop for 3 hours but I'm afraid they'll count it as a non-pre-order pick up.

Chopper Gunner needs to be nerfed hardcore. The other team doesn't even get a chance to shoot the plane until they are dead. They need to cut the time down to 30 seconds like the AC-130 (it's currently a full minute). Either that or remove the red boxes that show up around the players. It's even more sick on objective games where teams are spawning in clusters.

GillianSeed79 said:
God I hope this is just 2 days after unofficial release GAF hyperbole. This is sounding more and more like KZ2 level of dissapointment to me. Also anyone know if you HAVE to go the midnight release? I don't feel like dicking around at GameStop for 3 hours but I'm afraid they'll count it as a non-pre-order pick up.

Where's the disappointment? lol. Sounds like you're exaggerating the very few small issues people have in your mind...

Mogg0

Banned
dwin45 said:
Hopefully a quick patch will stop some of the insanity.

I hope so, I played a legit copy a few days ago and got absolutely nailed. Something like 23 deaths and 2 kills. The connection was terrible, me being in Australia and all the games being hosted in America, but I kept hearing shit buzzing and whirring and had no idea what the fuck was going on. Hopefully on an Aussie server my prowess would show.

But yeah, way too much shit going on.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
TimeLike said:
No.

i disagree on all the attachments, but i totally agree on all the killstreaks. this normally wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the air drops. if it were exclusively an ammo resupply, then alright, but as they are now, the killstreak stuff is just rediculous. they should really lean the chance wheel to ammo 75 or more percent of the time. as it is now it just becomes ridiculous...

mattso

GillianSeed79 said:
I believe you have two days before they do that

TimeLike said:
No.

When you think about this in the context of being a FPS this sounds kick ass.

hellclerk

GillianSeed79 said:
they're contractually obligated to have one for you. it's on the preorder slip, so don't worry.

zewone

AnEternalEnigma said:
Chopper Gunner needs to be nerfed hardcore. The other team doesn't even get a chance to shoot the plane until they are dead. They need to cut the time down to 30 seconds like the AC-130 (it's currently a full minute). Either that or remove the red boxes that show up around the players. It's even more sick on objective games where teams are spawning in clusters.
Limiting Chopper Gunner to 30 seconds is the only complaint I agree with thus far.

Everything else I don't have a problem with.

zewone said:
Limiting Chopper Gunner to 30 seconds is the only complaint I agree with thus far.

Everything else I don't have a problem with.

Chopper Gunner is the only thing I have a problem with. Everything else makes me drool.

hellclerk

AnEternalEnigma said:
as far as i'm concerned NOTHING will EVER be worse than THE DOGS.

ZeroRay

AnEternalEnigma said:

Hopefully they fix it quick since this and the air drops are the only things I'm worried about.

On another note, I probably had my last few matches in COD4:

Team Tactical Domination with my friend. We barely scraped that one winning 150-149, the other guy playing with us saved our asses badly.

Mercenary TDM: Joined halfway through the game, went 11-3 with my AK-47 red dot. A fine victory to end my COD4 tenure.

Gonna miss this game. *sniff*

Eric WK

TimeLike said:
No.

I have about 400 hours of Call of Duty 4 multiplayer under my belt. Hearing about all of the new things they added in MW2, I thought this was going to be a complete clusterfuck. Turns out, it play fantastically. Everything I could have hoped for.

unomas

Banned
That was absolute rape! 65-2, granted he pitched a tent from the top of a mountain with his snipe but still. There will definitely be some tweaks to this game not long after release, but it still looks fun as hell. Maybe not so much on the receiving end, but dishing it out looks amazing.

Eric WK

You guys do realize that that chopper goes down as the helicopter from Call of Duty 4, right?

Countermeasures have been put in place for just about everything in the game. It's not the developer's fault if players don't use them.

Top Bottom