• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Dresden

Brian Fellows said:
Whats the theory on using OMA over scavenger? I use scavenger on pretty much every class now and you can take two steps without resupplying.

Its crazy how many times in a row the same person will run through the same door and kill themselves on a claymore set in the same exact place.
Convenience, I suppose. No need to find deathbags to replenish your ammo.

Animator

Brian Fellows said:
Its crazy how many times in a row the same person will run through the same door and kill themselves on a claymore set in the same exact place.

12 times in my experience. :lol

I got a ac130 from the same guy running into the same claymore over and over. It was hilarious.

Brian Fellows said:
Whats the theory on using OMA over scavenger? I use scavenger on pretty much every class now and you can take two steps without resupplying.

OMA lets you resupply without ever having to expose yourself. It's safer.

mr_boo

Last night was my first Commando + Tactical Knife (USP) Session...verdict is: Commando + Tactical Knife = Mean. It's actually quite shocking to be on the other end, stabbing people and seeing how easy it is. Though some use this this layout as dedicated Knife Kits, thus far I've been using the Tactical Knife only when in narrow passageways where I have to corner or in situations where I know precisely where the other guy is. Anyways, it's good stuff and fun. I'll be sticking with this as my secondary for a while in my SMG Kit.

lionelhutz said:
I removed stopping power the other day from everything except my sniper class. I replaced it with hardline and don't think I'll look back. With the ACR and bling....
I don't know how you can hang w the ACR without SP. That's gotta be a CB/Silencer based kit, I'm assuming? IMO, not equipping SP all depends on your play style, your skill level and how "good" you are situationally.

Wait, what did itzlupo do, watching the other video I thaught it was the person shouting about the grandma that got banned, but this guy has a totally different voice :lol

mr_boo

Brian Fellows said:
I'll never get a nuke because I'll never have it equipped.
You and me both ;) I think equipping a Nuke would simply compound my frustrations. The most-used high KS I equip is the Pavelow.

Anyone seen anything about the map packs?

How has the money dogs not seen the extra cash they could get for it?

I mean really. It's getting really fucking old playing the same damn maps over and over and over and over and over again. I must have played Estate at least 10+ times last night in a 3 hour period.

Dresden

MidnightRider said:
Anyone seen anything about the map packs?

How has the money dogs not seen the extra cash they could get for it?

I mean really. It's getting really fucking old playing the same damn maps over and over and over and over and over again. I must have played Estate at least 10+ times last night in a 3 hour period.
This is Infinity Ward we're talking about. They'll probably re-lease COD4 maps and call it a day.

RJNavarrete said:
Holy shit, this guy really cares about the HC Headquarters map rotation:

http://mobile.twitter.com/letrouf

Lmfao. :lol :lol

I was with you till I read IW's reply:

"Yes, it's because the audio announcer says the incorrect gametype when playing Hardcore HQ on those maps. No change planned yet."

That would piss me off. It's not balancing issues but a stupid audio bug that keeps them out of rotation? And they don't plan to fix it? Huh?

Najaf

bobs99 ... said:
Wait, what did itzlupo do, watching the other video I thaught it was the person shouting about the grandma that got banned, but this guy has a totally different voice :lol

itzlupo got banned for hosting modified matches by altering game code. People use editors on their PC, which is linked to their xbox, to alter various things in mw2. Among the things they can do is host matches modified to deliver exponentially more xp per kill, thus allowing people to complete a prestige every game. The Pro was specifically moderating MW2 looking for these "10th prestige matches".

mr_boo

Dresden said:
This is Infinity Ward we're talking about. They'll probably re-lease COD4 maps and call it a day.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Hello Crash, Bog, Crossfire, Countdown...I missed you so :D

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'll never get a nuke because after 5 days playtime my best streak is still only 23.

UAV > Predator > Harrier.

My play style doesn't really suit long kill streaks. My K/D is up around 1.5 though, which is decent (I think?).

user_nat said:
I'll never get a nuke because after 5 days playtime my best streak is still only 23.

My play style doesn't really suit long kill streaks. My K/D is up around 1.5 though, which is decent (I think?).

Yeah 1.5 is decent. (on 360)

(but I gotta ask. what system? if it's PS3 you should be over 2.0)

(wonders if anyone remembers our fight a while back over this)

Najaf said:
itzlupo got banned for hosting modified matches by altering game code. People use editors on their PC, which is linked to their xbox, to alter various things in mw2. Among the things they can do is host matches modified to deliver exponentially more xp per kill, thus allowing people to complete a prestige every game. The Pro was specifically moderating MW2 looking for these "10th prestige matches".

Thanks for the clarification, so he got banned for hacking, but why was Pro talking to the kid when he said "ill ban all your accounts", it seems like the other kid was just trashtalking, pissed Pro off, and Lupo took the consequences and the other kid got away with it?

Mileena

Banned
MidnightRider said:
werd.

predator --> harrier --> chopper gunner = win
this.

I've only put nuke on for two play sessions and have two nukes. Though lately I've been doing predator > harrier > AC130 because I really want the spinning gold cross.

user_nat

MidnightRider said:
Yeah 1.5 is decent. (on 360)

(but I gotta ask. what system? if it's PS3 you should be over 2.0)

(wonders if anyone remembers our fight a while back over this)
Can't be that much difference between consoles.. but 360.

Dresden

user_nat said:
Can't be that much difference between consoles.. but 360.
Apparently, PS3 users are incredibly bad players.

So if I had a 3.0 KDR for the first week of MW2, would that have been like 6.0 in the PS3 version? I wonder if it'd double, I was a little above 2.0 and that might have been something greater.

user_nat said:

Try this:
Harrier -> chopper gunner -> nuke
also use this:

Scar or Acr + silencer
scavenger
Hard line <- very good
Ninja

Claymore and flash
Thumper.

At the beginning of each spawn rush to the enemy's side, try to come from behind them if you can especially on domination, get 4 kills, they wont see you on the radar, shoot your thumper into crowded areas, you have 2 bullets. now you have 6 kills.
Go to an area thats not as busy, place the claymore, walk over a dead body and you got another one to block the other exit, send the harriers preferably when the uav is on, that is if you have time, let the harrier do the work, use the chopper gunner and shoot all over the place. boom.

This is what I use but instead of claymores I use semtex.
you can also use a pavelow instead of the harrier, its harder to get but it gets you more kills, very helpful if you don't always get enough kills with the chopper gunner.

Mileena

Banned
Dresden said:

So if I had a 3.0 KDR for the first week of MW2, would that have been like 6.0 in the PS3 version? I wonder if it'd double, I was a little above 2.0 and that might have been something greater.
Not exactly double but it would drastically increase. I went from 1.85ish on 360 (with 35,000 or so kills) to 3.05ish on PS3 (I now have near 38,000 kills) and I really only play Search with a little bit of Demolition. If I didn't play so much Search my k/d would be near 3.5, I'm sure of it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I finally get my replacement disc and find...

This game has become the biggest piece of shit ever. What an absolute shitfest. How can anyone be playing this these days deserves to be shot. Its really, REALLY bad now. Wow.

kuYuri

Relix said:

This game has become the biggest piece of shit ever. What an absolute shitfest. How can anyone be playing this these days deserves to be shot. Its really, REALLY bad now. Wow.

Gotta love internet hyperbole.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Strider2K99 said:
Gotta love internet hyperbole.

No, it really IS a piece of shit game. Honestly. I am still playing it to see if I can find back the fun I had at the beginning and the previous games, but it's hard. Game blows, really.

aku:jiki

Animator said:
12 times in my experience. :lol

I got a ac130 from the same guy running into the same claymore over and over. It was hilarious.
:lol

WingsOfRedemption actually just posted a video of a dude almost doing that. The guy in the video learns after like 8 deaths though. :lol

Relix said:

???

It's loads better than it was during the care package glitch.

I'm sorry, am I the only one finding these elitist 360 Modern Warfare 2 players insulting? The fuck? Talk about generalizing the fuck out of Ps3 players.

Now, now. I got a 1.20 k/d ratio on the Ps3, :lol :lol which is somewhat decent but I got 1.90 on the 360, does that mean 360 players are garbage? What the fuck?

I'm sorry, if your going to come in here with your fucking bullshit about how Ps3 owners that play MW2 are fucking horrible. I'll challenge you. Send me a pm.

On the other hand, my cousin has 3+ k/d ratio on the 360 but when he played the same game on the Ps3, his damn k/d ratio is a miserable 1.50. Holy shit, I am sorry but you 360 players are garbage. Please learn how to play, thanks.

Stealth, signing out.

Dresden said:

I never did see that in all of my playtime and I find it to be little more then myth.

Your level and previous match seems to have some influence on who you will be matched to and the skilllevels that go with it.

careful said:
Can we not get into the 360/PS3 skill argument again?

Well, tell those fucking elitist 360 players to stop firing shots? Like the fuck is that shit? Calling players on other systems less skilled players (FUCKING HUGE GENERALIZATION) without no factual proof.

It's beyond retarded and it really shows.

user_nat

FortunateSon said:
Well, tell those fucking elitist 360 players to stop firing shots? Like the fuck is that shit? Calling players on other systems less skilled players (FUCKING HUGE GENERALIZATION) without no factual proof.

It's beyond retarded and it really shows.
Why are you so defensive about it?

Does it even matter. My friend is convinced people on the PC suck, which I find unlikely. However, in his experience that seems to be the case. Doesn't mean PC players all suck though.

user_nat said:
Why are you so defensive about it?

Does it even matter. My friend is convinced people on the PC suck, which I find unlikely. However, in his experience that seems to be the case. Doesn't mean PC players all suck though.

Because it's offensive to have someone come in the thread and call Ps3 players garbage compared to 360 players in Modern Warfare and that includes me because I play it onthe Ps3?

It's just annoying and I don't see how the moderators let shit like that fly. It's just simply trolling and causing shit. Stirring up shit.

Do you ever see Ps3 players claiming that 360 players are less skilled in said game in this thread? NO. It's almost exclusively coming from the 360 side of players.

We get it, your fucking good. No reason to put down Ps3 players. There's an = amount of shitty and good players on both sides of the fences. Period.

Shit like "oh a player on the Ps3 just kept running into the same claymores but on a 360, you'd never see that" :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, right.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
FortunateSon said:
Because it's offensive to have someone come in the thread and call Ps3 players garbage compared to 360 players in Modern Warfare and that includes me because I play it onthe Ps3?

It's just annoying and I don't see how the moderators let shit like that fly. It's just simply trolling and causing shit. Stirring up shit.

Do you ever see Ps3 players claiming that 360 players are less skilled in said game in this thread? NO. It's almost exclusively coming from the 360 side of players.

We get it, your fucking good. No reason to put down Ps3 players. There's an = amount of shitty and good players on both sides of the fences. Period.

Shit like "oh a player on the Ps3 just kept running into the same claymores but on a 360, you'd never see that" :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, right.

Calm yourself, people have had different experiences and will draw different conclusions. Some are just trying to be funny. And calling 360 players trash isn't going to help yo.

Mileena

Banned
FortunateSon said:
I'm sorry, am I the only one finding these elitist 360 Modern Warfare 2 players insulting? The fuck? Talk about generalizing the fuck out of Ps3 players.

Now, now. I got a 1.20 k/d ratio on the Ps3, :lol :lol which is somewhat decent but I got 1.90 on the 360, does that mean 360 players are garbage? What the fuck?

I'm sorry, if your going to come in here with your fucking bullshit about how Ps3 owners that play MW2 are fucking horrible. I'll challenge you. Send me a pm.

On the other hand, my cousin has 3+ k/d ratio on the 360 but when he played the same game on the Ps3, his damn k/d ratio is a miserable 1.50. Holy shit, I am sorry but you 360 players are garbage. Please learn how to play, thanks.

Stealth, signing out.
I'm on PS3 but if you're going to call people out, I'll gladly play you 1v1 and shit all over you.

FortunateSon said:

Yeah, right.
Well, out of all of the MW2 players that I have heard of who have played MW2 on both the 360 and PS3, they have all had higher K/D ratios on the PS3 version. Did they magically become better because of the convex sticks on the DS3? No. They were able to kill people easier and die less frequently. It just seems like in general, you won't find as many skilled players on the PS3. The facts don't lie.

user_nat

backflip10019 said:
Well, out of all of the MW2 players that I have heard of who have played MW2 on both the 360 and PS3, they have all had higher K/D ratios on the PS3 version. Did they magically become better because of the convex sticks on the DS3? No. They were able to kill people easier and die less frequently. It just seems like in general, you won't find as many skilled players on the PS3. The facts don't lie.
Only problem is that it isn't really a fact. There are millions of players, so it is a pretty big guesstimate really.

Top Bottom