• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Oh my god...

I just murdered somebody, while they were running, by throwing a flashbang two stories up into an open doorway.:lol :lol :lol that was SICK.

zam

jedimike said:
You're correct... silenced weapons can definitely be heard. Anyone that is playing the game in stereo has a huge disadvantage. 5.1 is great for pinpointing player location.

I get the occasional messages from people telling me I was cheating because I couldn't possibly know they were there. Footsteps are the biggest giveaways followed by gun fire, jumping, ladders, and even something as simple as calling in a UAV. You can easily pinpoint enemy location with sound if you have 5.1. With my Turtle Beach X41's, I don't need to rely on UAV's or HBS's because I can hear where people are at.
Yeah, I listen for footsteps constantly, and even though I don't have 5.1 I can often pinpoint or at least guess where the enemies are coming from, if not at least know that they are coming (unless they have Ninja Pro). Playing tons of Hardcore HQ for the most of my pre-prestige run through, I also got a lot of practice at sussing out enemy positions from gunfire, since you can't rely on the mini-map to show you where they are when they shoot.

zam

lionelhutz said:
Maybe on the PS3.
Or on 360, or on PC. What does the platform have to do with anything? Stupidest thing you've said so far and you saying that you can't hear silenced weapons was pretty up there...

funcojoe

I hit my goal of 2.00 kdr. I still climb a point daily and I'm at 2.03 now but I'm pretty bored. Like what should my next goal be? Game is getting boring for me anymore, maybe i'll try some of the lesser played playlists.

Dresden

funcojoe said:
I hit my goal of 2.00 kdr. I still climb a point daily and I'm at 2.03 now but I'm pretty bored. Like what should my next goal be? Game is getting boring for me anymore, maybe i'll try some of the lesser played playlists.
Really depends. I hit my goal of 2.5 KDR two weeks into the game, and said screw it and started fooling around with different builds, instead of my usual TAR+Stopping Power+Ninja setup. It's more fun when you don't care about your KDR, imo, because there's no need to consistently go 3.0+ per match just to keep raising it up.

zam

aku:jiki

zam said:
Err, I don't even know how to respond to that. You linking two posts of people claiming PS3 players are worse is supposed to prove..... what exactly? Even if it was true that PS3 has more bad players or only bad players (which those two posts do not prove), it still wouldn't mean that there are no bad players on 360.
And, uh, it definitely doesn't prove that silenced weapons are completely silent.

Accidentus

Neo Member
Nobody is trying to make the case that all PS3 or 360 players are bad. Just that in general players on the 360 tend to be better than those on the PS3 as evidenced by KDR's on both consoles. Idk what people don't understand about this.

PetriP-TNT said:
My goal is to complete all the challenges (sans the weapon ones) and then prestige
That sounds disappointing as all hell. You're going to go for DONE in all categories (even Droppin' Crates?!) only to instantly clear them all again once you're finished? I would save doing challenges until I know I'm done prestiging.

DoomGyver

I prestiged once and I'm about to get to prestige 1 level 70. Do you unlock more challenges between prestige 2-10?

The only reason I prestiged the first time was because I wanted the unlock the prestige challenges and that one custom class slot.

jiien

Dresden said:
Really depends. I hit my goal of 2.5 KDR two weeks into the game, and said screw it and started fooling around with different builds, instead of my usual TAR+Stopping Power+Ninja setup. It's more fun when you don't care about your KDR, imo, because there's no need to consistently go 3.0+ per match just to keep raising it up.

Heh, I was in the same situation. In order to stop caring about my ratio though, I had to make an alt account. Now I spend most of my time coming up with the wackiest builds I can, or using guns I've never tried before. If I actually find something I like (like a silenced MP5K, or Akimbo G18s, not anything new, I know, but they were far outside my normal play style), I take it back to my normal account and play seriously.

Yeah, I really only go on my 'main' account when I have friends on.

X26

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I prestiged once and I'm about to get to prestige 1 level 70. Do you unlock more challenges between prestige 2-10?

The only reason I prestiged the first time was because I wanted the unlock the prestige challenges and that one custom class slot.

Nope, ll you need is 1 prestige to unlock all the challenges. Only thing more prestige will get you is a few titles/emblems

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
For me prestige is an easy decision. My favorite gun is the SCAR which you get at level 5.

You start with 2 of the 3 perks I use and you get scavenger at 13. That will take a couple of hours to get to at most.

The only thing I have to really wait for is claymores and I get by just fine with semtex.

Dresden

One thing I don't like is how late you unlock Cold Blooded, and Stingers. You wait till what, level 30? And until then, if you have bad luck you'll keep getting into terrible groups who don't understand the concept of BLOW UP THE FUCKING CHOPPER.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Dresden said:
One thing I don't like is how late you unlock Cold Blooded, and Stingers. You wait till what, level 30? And until then, if you have bad luck you'll keep getting into terrible groups who don't understand the concept of BLOW UP THE FUCKING CHOPPER.

Yeah that is the biggest downside right there.

And you must be talking about my friends because a few of them still haven't learned to have an anti-aircraft class on stand by. MORONS!

Dresden said:

Its a constant pain, on my first prestige it was fine, I hit level 30 pretty fast and had decent teams along the way, this second prestige has been horrible, constant pavelows and chopper gunners (I seriously hate having to hide like a wimp)

Saw a clan with tag [*gsk] or something boosting today at run down, other team was their clan and one of ours with PSN name "boycarracer" or something was their sheep. Almost got a chopper gunner when I was camping at their boosting spot, but they killed me when I called in the harrier.

Oh well.

aku:jiki said:
That sounds disappointing as all hell. You're going to go for DONE in all categories (even Droppin' Crates?!) only to instantly clear them all again once you're finished? I would save doing challenges until I know I'm done prestiging.
I'm really just collecting all the titles and emblems... I don't find any challenge in prestiging as levelling up is easy as hell. But to be honest I haven't really thought this through, when (and IF) I get all the challenges done, it will be just grind grind grind for levels and prestige challenges but that's just time consuming, not difficult. IF I will continue playing this, that is.

So I'm falling in love with the Stealth Bomber. That thing just positively shits bombs across the entire map; all it takes is a UAV or a couple blips on the map to guarantee 2 or 3 kills and clear the path for your team to advance. Sure, the Pave Low gets you more against a team unwilling to shoot it down, and is probably the smarter choice for air support, but a well-placed Stealth Bomber can cause a huge momentum swing in a match.

And even when it whiffs, it has a unique, powerful majesty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxrLlsYiUk

Woooo! I just had my best game ever! I went 80-20 on HQ on Scrapyard using only the SPAS! The majority of the deaths were from the end too, when some guy got pissed and went RPG crazy.

Cool part is that this wasn't me dominating noobs - these guys scored pretty well too and nobody went 8-30. What did it was that these guys were all playing in a refreshingly non-shitty way - no noobtubing, no RPG's until the end, no HBS camping or any camping for that matter. They all went for the HQ and we had battles like you usually don't see in this game. It was so much fun! :D

Had they only capped 1 or 2 more HQ's, I would've broken 100! I had just called in a Harrier when we capped the last HQ, I had another in my pocket plus a Pred and I was one kill away from starting my streak again. God damn, I've never been so much of a killing machine! :lol

Edit: Just looked at the scoreboard again... One guy did go 7-42, and I remember that dude stayed to play against us again for the following 5 games! That's perseverence right there. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
So I'm falling in love with the Stealth Bomber.
I normally don't love the SB, but I did today when it got 5 people who were about to cap their last HQ on Wasteland. And because the SB got all of them, my friend managed to extend his streak to a nuke. :D

Xux

Encountered an interesting strategy last night. To counter the usual sniping between the buildings that usually happens on Highrise, a guy ran to the middle with a riot shield and danced around drawing my aim assist to him. Kind of annoying.

Also commandoed at someone as they were running by and the homing aspect wheeled me around so I could watch him turn around, run back, and knife me.

It seems like every time I play Rundown I see one or two new sniping spots.

Used the M240 for reals for the first time. I don't remember it sounding that cool.

Dresden

So I've been running around with the Spas-12 Holo sight. I decided to dump on Stopping Power and Steady Aim, and I don't know if its just some placebo effect, but the range is pretty ungodly... Someone was shooting at me from the roof while I was capping B, so I shot him when he was pretty damn far away. It was 1887-esque.

Dresden said:
So I've been running around with the Spas-12 Holo sight. I decided to dump on Stopping Power and Steady Aim, and I don't know if its just some placebo effect, but the range is pretty ungodly... Someone was shooting at me from the roof while I was capping B, so I shot him when he was pretty damn far away. It was 1887-esque.

It's no placebo the Spas has the best range of all the shotguns post 1887 patch. My favorite shotgun.

Dresden

johnFkennedy said:
It's no placebo the Spas has the best range of all the shotguns post 1887 patch. My favorite shotgun.
I'm wondering if the Holo sight increased its range. I've always used the Spas, but the range was never as far as akimbo 1887's. Now, though... dunno, I need to play around with it more with Holo sight on. I tried taking steady aim off, but it made little difference.

OMFG. I pulled the Double Nuke right now! Scrapyard was the place. Tar -21 was the gun. I was the assassin. I got 75 kills, 15 assists, and 14 deaths. :lol Ended up with Two Tactical Nukes and 29k XP. Sucks that you can't call em both in, though. :p :D Getting nukes is damn easy with a clan or group of friends who play well and coordinate/communicate.

DoomGyver

I just went against an entire team of commando runners. I showed them my spas 12, but the rest of the team died a lot.

Has IW mentioned changing anything yet?

Got another nuke on highrise a bit ago... would've had a third on sub base, but they went after my two chopper gunners very quickly. I guess the opposing team finally caught on. :lol Tomorrow, my quest for ten in one prestige continues. :D

zam

Played against what must have been a modder last night. He was lvl 70 on 10th prestige, and his gamertag was "Press X to die" (or something like that) but the X in his gamertag was the X button from the 360 vontroller, a big blue circle. How else did he get that X button in there? Nevertheless he wasn't using mods that match cause he got stomped.

zam said:
Played against what must have been a modder last night. He was lvl 70 on 10th prestige, and his gamertag was "Press X to die" (or something like that) but the X in his gamertag was the X button from the 360 vontroller, a big blue circle. How else did he get that X button in there? Nevertheless he wasn't using mods that match cause he got stomped.
That's actually very easy to accomplish using a data transfer cable and a quick google search.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Got a TDM game on Rust, so I figure it would be a good chance to try for a nuke. So I went had Harrier > Chopper Gunner > Nuke. Got to chopper on my first life, was going great, until I killed myself. I think I was on ~20 when I died, as I had 29 when the chopper was killed.

FAR OUT.

Neverender said:
why the fuck can't we back out and choose a different playlist without having to re-invite everyone? geeeeeees
Not to defend the horrible lobby system, but you can. Party leader has to back out first.

moojito

I joined a game once that ended pretty much straight away and I got "most time played at the lowest altitude" or something.

Yeah, take that, bitches!

Top Bottom