• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Mileena

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Well, out of all of the MW2 players that I have heard of who have played MW2 on both the 360 and PS3, they have all had higher K/D ratios on the PS3 version. Did they magically become better because of the convex sticks on the DS3? No. They were able to kill people easier and die less frequently. It just seems like in general, you won't find as many skilled players on the PS3. The facts don't lie.
It's because of the MLG pro tryhard kids on 360. That being said I prefer the PS3 because of friends/family. If you want to find some skilled PS3 players they're all usually playing hardcore Search.

user_nat said:
Only problem is that it isn't really a fact. There are millions of players, so it is a pretty big guesstimate really.
Well I mean if every single person who I've heard of playing MW2 on both consoles has played better on the PS3, that's a pretty strong correlation right there.

Animator

backflip10019 said:
Well I mean if every single person who I've heard of playing MW2 on both consoles has played better on the PS3, that's a pretty strong correlation right there.

Yea we have jobs and a life. :p

I don't think you can tell which version has less noobs, it's not like looking at the average k/d ratio of a console helps. Although you probably would see who has the most suicides.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Prophet Steve said:
Sure I'm just saying something stupid here. But how can the average k/d be higher on a console then on a other one? Shouldn't it always be 1 (suicides not included). At least, that is what I am thinking, ever saw everyone having a K/D ratio of higher the one in a match? Don't think so.
I guess the theory is that on the PS3/360 (depend on which side you're on) version there are more people below 1 K/D. Which means it easier for better players to have a higher K/D. Whereas on the other platform everyone has a closer skill range resulting in everyone being close to 1 K/D.

Of course it all still averages out to ~1.

edit: You edited your post.

backflip10019 said:
Well, out of all of the MW2 players that I have heard of who have played MW2 on both the 360 and PS3, they have all had higher K/D ratios on the PS3 version. Did they magically become better because of the convex sticks on the DS3? No. They were able to kill people easier and die less frequently. It just seems like in general, you won't find as many skilled players on the PS3. The facts don't lie.

Again, you can't draw conclusions. It's different for everyone, I'm much better with my k/d ratio on the 360 and my cousin just got his heart stabbed when he played on the Ps3 and his k/d ratio were much less of that on his 360. And there are many more instances like that because most of my buddies have Ps3' and 360's so we kind of go back and forth between consoles. Does that mean 360 have less skilled players? The facts don't lie do they? Your a fucking retard, please shut the FUCK up.

They were just much better players, but that doesn't mean Ps3 players are less skilled than 360 players. For christ sakes. Humanity is doomed. And same goes the other way around, same logic applies both ways.

You fucking baffle me.

I'm on PS3 but if you're going to call people out, I'll gladly play you 1v1 and shit all over you.

Cockyness sucks bro. I was just showing how stupid these statements were for people to be making. You'll probably beat me, but shit all over me? Your not good as you think. Just send me a pm. But if it floats your boat, yeah, you'll shit all over me. Usually, I'm just the silent type. I play and do my best and have fun!

So yeah, throw a pm my way. I'm definitely not a bad player if that's what your thinking.

Yeah, just great logic there buddy. Great stuff. I got 30 friends that completely own on 360 when it comes to MW2 but suck on the Ps3. So I guess that's a strong correlation as well?

GTFO.

zam

360 finally came back from being repaired, was jonesing like a motherfucker for some MW2 :D Glad to see all the CP glitchers are gone, game experience is so much better now that you don't run in to them every other game.

th3dude

zam said:
360 finally came back from being repaired, was jonesing like a motherfucker for some MW2 :D Glad to see all the CP glitchers are gone, game experience is so much better now that you don't run in to them every other game.

Welcome back. Also, love the avatar!

user_nat said:
I guess the theory is that on the PS3/360 (depend on which side you're on) version there are more people below 1 K/D. Which means it easier for better players to have a higher K/D. Whereas on the other platform everyone has a closer skill range resulting in everyone being close to 1 K/D.

Of course it all still averages out to ~1.

edit: You edited your post.
Yes, he talked about his friends that had higher K/D ratio on PS3 then on 360, so my argument was totally invalid.

FortunateSon said:
Again, you can't draw conclusions. It's different for everyone, I'm much better with my k/d ratio on the 360 and my cousin just got his heart stabbed when he played on the Ps3 and his k/d ratio were much less of that on his 360. And there are many more instances like that because most of my buddies have Ps3' and 360's so we kind of go back and forth between consoles. Does that mean 360 have less skilled players? The facts don't lie do they? Your a fucking retard, please shut the FUCK up.

They were just much better players, but that doesn't mean Ps3 players are less skilled than 360 players. For christ sakes. Humanity is doomed. And same goes the other way around, same logic applies both ways.

You fucking baffle me.
Wow, I was just trying to have a civil conversation, but you can go blow up like a fucking imbecile if that's what you want.

I never said that 360 players were overall better than PS3 players. I just said that skilled players play better on the PS3, and that EVERYONE THAT I'VE HEARD OF who has played it on both consoles has played better on the PS3. It was a statement of my personal experience. Christ, if you weren't such a jaded fanboy fuck, you'd be able to see that.

So please, take your third rate shit education, learn to use "you're" correctly in a sentence when you're trying to insult someone, and go fuck yourself.

backflip10019 said:

In my line of work, known as business analyst, we call that anecdotal evidence.
Not statistically significant by a long shot.

Doesn't really matter though, I'm on PS3 and I'm pretty sure I suck.

I'm on my first prestige and was in a match with some 4th or 5th guys, and it seemed like they were just hard to kill, even one on one. Don't think it was lag either. Any of you hotshots have any tips? Is this an aim thing, do I need to start paying attention to position or something?

clashfan

FortunateSon said:
I'm sorry, am I the only one finding these elitist 360 Modern Warfare 2 players insulting? The fuck? Talk about generalizing the fuck out of Ps3 players.

Now, now. I got a 1.20 k/d ratio on the Ps3, :lol :lol which is somewhat decent but I got 1.90 on the 360, does that mean 360 players are garbage? What the fuck?

I'm sorry, if your going to come in here with your fucking bullshit about how Ps3 owners that play MW2 are fucking horrible. I'll challenge you. Send me a pm.

On the other hand, my cousin has 3+ k/d ratio on the 360 but when he played the same game on the Ps3, his damn k/d ratio is a miserable 1.50. Holy shit, I am sorry but you 360 players are garbage. Please learn how to play, thanks.

Stealth, signing out.

are you crying? there's no crying in MW2.

jedimike

itsnervedamage said:
I'm on my first prestige and was in a match with some 4th or 5th guys, and it seemed like they were just hard to kill, even one on one. Don't think it was lag either. Any of you hotshots have any tips? Is this an aim thing, do I need to start paying attention to position or something?

Experiment with all of the different kits to find a combination or two that fits your play style. Everyone seems to have their favorite style... agressive, campy, snipes, sneaky, etc.

Then, just play. Know the maps and where people are always at. For example in Afghan, you can ALWAYS find someone in the large bunker or hanging out at the edge of the cliff. Since you know someone will be there, you have the advantage. Use your favorite play style to take them out.

I also heard that PS3 players benefit from cranking up the sensitivity... I do pretty well on Xbox and have never touched the default controls.

DoomGyver

Are you guys really arguing over which community has the better players?

Anyways, I just gave a guy a nuke. On derail he got a chopper gunner and I was running around looking for him laying in the trees or hiding in one of the buildings. I found him camping up in the center warehouse with akimbo rangers, he got me for his 25th kill. *shakes fist*

Full Recovery said:
Are you guys really arguing over which community has the better players?

Yes, because apparently this thread is only good for bitching about perks and fighting for console superiority.

Full Recovery said:
Anyways, I just gave a guy a nuke. On derail he got a chopper gunner and I was running around looking for him laying in the trees or hiding in one of the buildings. I found him camping up in the center warehouse with akimbo rangers, he got me for his 25th kill. *shakes fist*

Bad luck, mate. I hope you stuck around to see the nuke.

jedimike said:
Experiment with all of the different kits to find a combination or two that fits your play style. Everyone seems to have their favorite style... agressive, campy, snipes, sneaky, etc.

Then, just play. Know the maps and where people are always at. For example in Afghan, you can ALWAYS find someone in the large bunker or hanging out at the edge of the cliff. Since you know someone will be there, you have the advantage. Use your favorite play style to take them out.

I also heard that PS3 players benefit from cranking up the sensitivity... I do pretty well on Xbox and have never touched the default controls.

Yeah, I bumped the sensitivity up to 5 or 6 or so...
Sounds like I need to start paying more attention to where people are always showing up.

I took up sniping at about level 40 on this first prestige. I'm at level 62 or something now, got a tricked out blue tiger intervention and 16 more fmj kills before mastery. Never going back...even though sometimes I go 1:2 :p. Also, pump action shotties yes.

Animator

I fucking love playing with a team where NOONE has any stinger. The other team called a attack chopper (the shitty one) and it got like 13 kills. I was playing cold blood sniper so I just chilled back and watched my retard teammates get mowed down.

It was like some nature documentary where I examine the pubbie from a safe distance with my sniper scope as he makes the same mistake over and over again. Very fun.

ultim8p00

Banned
Animator said:
I fucking love playing with a team where NOONE has any stinger. The other team called a attack chopper (the shitty one) and it got like 13 kills. I was playing cold blood sniper so I just chilled back and watched my retard teammates get mowed down.

It was like some nature documentary where I examine the pubbie from a safe distance with my sniper scope as he makes the same mistake over and over again. Very fun.

Wtf get a stinger out and shoot that shit down. Or do you not have a stinger/cb class? I always shoot down air support, even on FFA.

Anyways, had a good match with Jdub30 tonight, started rough but ended up doing ok. Went 30-17 a few times. Maybe I should hop back on. It's so early.

FortunateSon said:
I'm sorry, am I the only one finding these elitist 360 Modern Warfare 2 players insulting? The fuck? Talk about generalizing the fuck out of Ps3 players.

Now, now. I got a 1.20 k/d ratio on the Ps3, which is somewhat decent but I got 1.90 on the 360, does that mean 360 players are garbage? What the fuck?

I'm sorry, if your going to come in here with your fucking bullshit about how Ps3 owners that play MW2 are fucking horrible. I'll challenge you. Send me a pm.

On the other hand, my cousin has 3+ k/d ratio on the 360 but when he played the same game on the Ps3, his damn k/d ratio is a miserable 1.50. Holy shit, I am sorry but you 360 players are garbage. Please learn how to play, thanks.

Stealth, signing out.

Well there are always exceptions to the rule, as with anything.

Animator

ultim8p00 said:
Wtf get a stinger out and shoot that shit down. I always shoot down air support, even on FFA.

Anyways, had a good match with Jdub30 tonight, started rough but ended up doing ok. Went 30-17 a few times. Maybe I should hop back on. It's so early.

I did not die so didnt have the chance to switch to my stinger class. You would think somebody else would have a stinger out after they die over and over to the chopper. It is not my fault they are stupid.

FerranMG

Hey, people, I'm just taking a look at the sniper rifles damage chart.
Is there really any reason to choose the Intervention instead of the Barret?
It seems they do equal damage, have the same range and same body multipliers. However, you don't have to scope again after shooting with the Barret.

Any thoughts?

Dresden

FerranMG said:
It seems they do equal damage, have the same range and same body multipliers. However, you don't have to scope again after shooting with the Barret.

Any thoughts?
Looks cooler with Fall camo.

Hanmik

oh my did you guys really have a discussion about MW2 players on the different platforms..? oh my god.. and the best part someone is claiming Personal expirience as a fact .. oh my. :lol
My K/D rate sucks on PS3.. My ratio is 0,92. But that doesnt mean I´m bad, not at all.. two weeks ago my K/D ratio was 0,71. And I have around 17.000 kills. I just started out by playing MW2 rambo style, so I had lots more deaths than kills.. but by joining some of my clan friends in their matches my playstyle has changed. And since then (K/D ratio of 0,60 a month ago) I have just racked up a lot more kills.
And I have played this game on X360 to.. my K/D ratio there is 4.40... wauw does that mean that all X360 players suck..? no it means I have only killed 44 people and only died 10 times.. :D but if I was like some of the other guys in this thread, I would take that as a fact, that for me shows that X360 players are lousy.. come on guys.. there is NO difference at all... it´s the same game, tha same controls, different controller though.. but the biggest diffrence is that there is more players on the X360 side. So you have a wider assortment of players, casual and hardcore players.

But I love MW2 on my ps3.. I don´t even want to pick up Heavy Rain at the moment, even though I have been anticipating it since the casting video. MW2 just draws me into it´s evil web every freaking night.
For the longest time I have been going for the nuke.. I have had 1 nuke thats all.. So I went with the Harrier+CG+Nuke for a couple of weeks.. the closest I got was 24 kills in 20 games.. for some strange reason I could never get the last kill. And my games normally ended 30 kills and 20 deaths. But this week I changed my killstreaks to Carepackage+Harrier+emergency Airdrop. .. and damn that changes things.. with my trusty UMP+silencer and Scavengerpro+hardlinepro+commandopro, things took a turn.. every game now ends something like 60K/20D every game now (except for S&D Off course, I only play mosh pit games).. so changing killstreaks trying new tactics can make the game feel much better.. I´m on my second prestige, just about to prestige once more.. and I love this game more than I did the first month I bought it..

Xux

FerranMG said:

Any thoughts?

The Intervention is a bolt action. You should scope out to see the cool manual casing ejection animation after each shot.

moai

again with the ps3 vs 360 player skills? i guess it's true the thing some people say about everything being cyclical.

About to hit the Prestige button the second time, hmm

14l3m6a.gif

snap0212

FerranMG said:

Any thoughts?
Intervention all the way! There's not really a reason... maybe because it sounds better?

aku:jiki

Dresden said:
Looks cooler with Fall camo.
Intervention looks the coolest without camo. :D

FerranMG said:

Any thoughts?
I'd say one of the bigger reasons nobody talks about is how fucking loud the Barrett is. A guy staying around the same area with a Barrett will get shot in the back by me.

An upside for the Barrett is that it's the fastest sniper to put away, which means it's much easier to save your ass if somebody suddenly shows up in your face. Combo a Barrett with Akimbo handguns or Akimbo Rafficas for the fastest switch in the game and you'll never be surprise-killed again. :D

Oh wow, I just played one of the most frustrating matches in the history of online gaming. My team of absolute fucking retards versus a really damn good clan. It was absolutely fucking ridiculous. :(

My all-star team of geniuses started out the match by ensuring our loss within the first 10 seconds! Seriously! It was on Highrise and a guy with a TAR was shooting across the map into our spawn. I tried to snipe him and then learned when he got me, but my team refused! They ran into his non-stop TAR fire until he could start the match off with a Harrier and then a Chopper gunner, within at most 30 seconds of the game. I hung back and looked at these fucking idiots doing it - it looked exactly like when idiots keep running into Chopper Gunner fire, only this time it was only a god damn TAR!

It did not get better for us from there. My team never once wised up and just gleefully allowed the other team to absolutely destroy us in every sense. They had constant domination because, of course, I was the only one even trying for any flags and I never had any support while they came running like 4 guys to stop me from capping. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So close to shredding the disc right now. :(

lionelhutz

aku:jiki said:
Intervention looks the coolest without camo. :D

I'd say one of the bigger reasons nobody talks about is how fucking loud the Barrett is. A guy staying around the same area with a Barrett will get shot in the back by me.

Radar > sound

An unsilenced G18 won't appear any differently on rader than the .50 cal. It seems to be based on personal preference and maybe a small mobility difference.

j-wood

I've just about given up on this game. I am THIS CLOSE to selling it to gamestop. What did it for me is the wasteland glitch where someone can get into the wall in the tunnels, you can't see them or shoot them, but they can shoot anyone that passes by.

careful

FerranMG said:

Any thoughts?
The Barret is semi-auto while the Intervention is bolt action.
Most people would give the technical advantage to the Barret, but there's no denying using a bolt action sniper rifle ranks higher on the bad ass scale. Your call there.

Patrick Bateman said:
Intervention + ACOG = LOL, HEADSHOT! :lol :lol

Hilariously good to just pop up and fire without actually aiming.

I hate this.

Probably since I see about 4-5 enemy interventions with ACOG/THERMAL scopes a match anymore doing just this. Ending my life over and over and over.

And I cant do it. :lol

lionelhutz said:
Radar > sound
Uh, no. How do you expect to find people with silenced weapons or people who aren't firing if that's how you play?

Sound is always more important than UAV if you expect to do well consistently.

Fugu

careful said:
The Barret is semi-auto while the Intervention is bolt action.
Most people would give the technical advantage to the Barret, but there's no denying using a bolt action sniper rifle ranks higher on the bad ass scale. Your call there.
The intervention has lower recoil and the nature of the barret makes true recoil correction impossible.

lionelhutz

aku:jiki said:
Uh, no. How do you expect to find people with silenced weapons or people who aren't firing if that's how you play?

Sound is always more important than UAV if you expect to do well consistently.

If they're silenced you won't hear them anyway. Additionally, I watch my TV screen for movement.

Najaf

I was playing the BF:Bad Company 2 demo for a while the other night and then my party switches to MW2 and wow, those games feel very different. I ended up getting destroyed my first match because the aiming is so much faster, even on default settings.

I must say, something that MW2 gets right is the feeling of hitting someone. The combination of the hit marker and the slight rumble simply melds with my mind to say 'keep shooting here'. In BF I don't get that natural feeling. It still has a hit marker and I believe it has a rumble for hits, but it does not click in my mind the same way. The 'weight' of the bullets seems lost.

zam

lionelhutz said:
If they're silenced you won't hear them anyway. Additionally, I watch my TV screen for movement.
Uh, you can hear silenced weapons, maybe you need to turn up the volume on your tv :p

Najaf

Diablohead said:
If you get fun out of it, do it. I have always liked the exp/unlocking part of a game as it keeps me hooked like an mmo :(

I have been sitting on first prestige 70 for a long while now and am feeling the urge to hit that button. The only thing holding me back now is getting my 1000 care packages. I'm at ~630 now, calling an average of 6 per match. (Care package, harrier, EAD)

zam

lionelhutz said:
I can hear my own weapon, but I've shot someone damn near in the back and their teammate standing a few feet away has no idea where I'm at.
Could just be that his teammate was a shitty player, or was blasting music and playing with no gamesounds on (like one of the guys I play with does). I have no problems hearing people with silenced weapons when they are within reasonable range (not halfway across the map or only when they are right up in your face), especially if they are using a big weapon with silencer like the Barrett.

lionelhutz said:
I can hear my own weapon, but I've shot someone damn near in the back and their teammate standing a few feet away has no idea where I'm at.
What's your point? You can do that to stupid randoms with an unsilenced LMG.

Edit: Oh yeah, silenced snipers are the best. They're doing so little damage that they always have to spam fire so you can just use that recurring sound to find them. :D

jedimike

zam said:
Uh, you can hear silenced weapons, maybe you need to turn up the volume on your tv :p

You're correct... silenced weapons can definitely be heard. Anyone that is playing the game in stereo has a huge disadvantage. 5.1 is great for pinpointing player location.

I get the occasional messages from people telling me I was cheating because I couldn't possibly know they were there. Footsteps are the biggest giveaways followed by gun fire, jumping, ladders, and even something as simple as calling in a UAV. You can easily pinpoint enemy location with sound if you have 5.1. With my Turtle Beach X41's, I don't need to rely on UAV's or HBS's because I can hear where people are at.

Top Bottom