• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Pulka

I was playing MW2 with friend last night, just riot shield'in, it's fun as hell!
I even won a FFA just using the shield. :D

aku:jiki

Have you guys seen this kid DnB Oos' montages? Holy shit, this kid is good. Check these out:

Amazing multi-weapon montage (That's what it's called, but it's also true!)
Stop It
Quad headshot with reaction :lol (That's not Oos flipping out himself - he's british)

corkscrewblow said:
Shotguns as primary only would drastically reduce the number of people using them. They were really damn rare in CoD4 because that was your main gun, but now in MW2 you can have something that dominates at long range in primary (sniper) and something that dominates close range (SPAS, akimbo rangers, w/e) which is just fucking bullshit. Shotguns as secondary was an awful addition to the game period.
Snipers dominate?! What fucking game are you talking about? :lol

Aren't you a huge UMP user? That's just ironic - using one of the most overpowered weapons in the game and then complaining about other weapons...

divisionbyzorro said:
It's fantastic with Scavenger, but otherwise I agree with you. The ammo is too low to be useful. I'd take TAR over SCAR every day in a build without Scavenger.

That said, every single one of my main builds uses Scavenger, except for my runner build. I feel like it's the best blue perk, by far.
I'm torn between Marathon and Scavenger but overall I agree, though I found myself playing a bit more defensively than normal with SCAR. I just wouldn't be picking up as many blue bags as with my M4 or whatever, for whatever reason... But every time I ran into a corpse pile, I'd gleefully pick up a bunch of blue bags and feel like maybe I could accomplish something on this life. :lol

Scavenger Pro can't come fast enough!

aku:jiki said:

A more accurate name for these would be "Oos discovers a bunch of tards bunched up together" montage. Very entertaining :lol

And holy shit - you can melee with the laptop as it's coming out! I gotta do that sometime!

corkscrewblow said:
Shotguns as primary only would drastically reduce the number of people using them. They were really damn rare in CoD4 because that was your main gun, but now in MW2 you can have something that dominates at long range in primary (sniper) and something that dominates close range (SPAS, akimbo rangers, w/e) which is just fucking bullshit. Shotguns as secondary was an awful addition to the game period.

Agreed, I think too many people see the shotgun as a crutch, its too easy for people to move into close quarters when they go on a spree and try and catch people out, im not saying this is a bad thing to do, im just saying the impact it has on gameplay sucks.

kid DnB Oos' montages are pretty good, the thing is im not impressed by watching shotgun clips and those seemed like the meat of it, the spinning sniping was entertaining to watch but lets be honest if you try it 100's of times your bound to get 5 montage worthy clips doing it.

The multi weapon montage however is amazing, and I love his style, his name is perfect for the music he chooses!

divisionbyzorro said:
A more accurate name for these would be "Oos discovers a bunch of tards bunched up together" montage. Very entertaining :lol
Haha, yeah. I love how he has three clips where he surprises an entire team on Skidrow! What the fuck are all of them doing in that doorway in the alley?! :lol

I think the best clip is the G18 spray on like 4 guys on Favela. Very nice shooting.

I just had another montage moment myself! I knew a guy was in the small bunker on Afghan but also that another guy was in the "alley" beside it trying to kill my PaveLow. Semtex on the guy in the bunker, akimbo MP5K on two guys with Stingers and PaveLow and Harrier each get a kill all at the same time. :D

Dresden

I've been using the riot shield lately--what a terrible weapon. I don't think I get past 1.5 KDR with it equipped. Went 26-26 my last match, 15-10 before that. There's nothing like bouncing off fifty caliber bullets, only for a knife to slide through like hot butter.

I started off using the Raffica, but changed to the RPG with C4 and Danger Close instead. Worked out pretty well.

DoomGyver

zero margin said:
I just use the Intervention and Spas on every map now. Marathon, SP and steady aim perks.
I've started to do the same.

Intervention + FMJ
Spas + FMJ

SoH pro (because I can no longer snipe without it)
CB pro
ninja or steady aim

The only thing that gets me from time to time is the switch rate of the shotgun, sometimes I'd rather just have an m9 but the spas is greater in every other way.

Full Recovery said:
Spas + FMJ
FMJ does nothing on SPAS. It's a glitch.

Might I suggest checking out the red dot? I know, I know, sights on shotguns sounds retarded but it actually is pretty nice. :D

Full Recovery said:
The only thing that gets me from time to time is the switch rate of the shotgun, sometimes I'd rather just have an m9 but the spas is greater in every other way.
Akimbo Rafficas are the optimal sniper secondary! Up close they're basically a fast-ass shotgun, and the switch is very fast (regular handgun speed).

(Another aspect is that Intervention is kinda slow to put down. Check out using the Barrett with your SPAS, it will switch a little bit faster.)

DoomGyver

Well shit, then all of the spas weapon attachments are useless.

grip doesn't help me at all
ext mags is dumb when it already holds 8 and i'm using SoH.
red dot/holo you might as well put an acog on the thing. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
So am I the only person who thinks that the game would be significantly better if sniper no-scopes always missed after a certain distance?
I would have to say yes. I think you need to elaborate on why this is a problem.

whitehawk

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
So am I the only person who thinks that the game would be significantly better if sniper no-scopes always missed after a certain distance?
It's bad enough that shotgun bullets magically disappear after a certain distance, so yes, you are alone on this one.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:

Yep. I love being able to out-snipe just about any sniper with my SCAR.

I would have to say yes. I think you need to elaborate on why this is a problem.

Oh, it's not a huge problem. I don't feel like the game is horribly unbalanced or anything. It's similar to the "knife with third hand" problem - it makes no sense. I don't mind getting no-scoped up close, but no-scope from across the map? It'd be one thing if it were truly random, but it's not - the bullet always goes into the invisible middle of the reticule.

I guess I just feel like sniper rifles should be used for, you know, sniping? :lol

Meh - carry on.

Brian Fellows said:
Yep. I love being able to out-snipe just about any sniper with my SCAR.
This better be sarcasm. :mad:

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh, it's not a huge problem. I don't feel like the game is horribly unbalanced or anything. It's similar to the "knife with third hand" problem - it makes no sense. I don't mind getting no-scoped up close, but no-scope from across the map? It'd be one thing if it were truly random, but it's not - the bullet always goes into the invisible middle of the reticule.
I don't know what to tell you. I noticed yesterday that I've played over 5000 games and the only time I'm ever noscoped, seriously ever, is when I surprise a sniper who just kneejerks and pops one off.

I'm actually a little disappointed. I kinda want to be killed by these insane quickscopers and noscopers on YouTube! The killcams get awesome - at least they're more fun to see than the killcam showing a guy dying, respawning, immediately going noobtube and flooping one off or the classic HBS beep on a silenced ACR. I've only ever met one single dude like these youtubers though, and everyone on my team was loving getting killed by him. :lol

DoomGyver

divisionbyzorro said:

I guess I just feel like sniper rifles should be used for, you know, sniping? :lol

Meh - carry on.
Have you ever no-scoped? Because it is very random. One may hit center, but the next few will be way off.

jiien

Full Recovery said:
Have you ever no-scoped? Because it is very random. One may hit center, but the next few will be way off.

I may be wrong, but I did some testing on this. I don't think he literally means no scoping at all. But the act of no-scoping refers to starting the process of aiming down the sight, and shooting immediately after the animation starts. If you do that, the bullet will actually go where the reticle would have been. As soon as the gun starts aiming down the sight, the hip fire crosshairs disappear, and the bullets now act as if you were fully aiming down the sight already.

So anyone who is really, really good at predicting where the reticle would be can simply start the animation and pull one off, without being blinded by aiming completely down the sight, with the added accuracy as if he/she were.

Of course, there is sway, which will make some bullets not hit exactly where you planned them to. But if you are close enough, or can do the process fast enough, you can usually end up pulling off a hit, and at one-hit-kill power, that's all you need.

jiien said:
But the act of no-scoping refers to starting the process of aiming down the sight, and shooting immediately after the animation starts.
No, that's quickscoping. Noscoping is simply sniper hipfire.

I've heard lots of knowledgable people post what Full Recovery did - that noscopes are randomized - but I don't know how the kills in this compilation are possible if so...

Anoj's Top 10 Killcams

Check out #2 (3:51), the 7 (!) noscopes in a row on Favela. Is that just the luckiest killstreak in the history of games, or are noscopes not random?

Dresden

I've heard lots of knowledgable people post what Full Recovery did - that noscopes are randomized - but I don't know how the kills in this compilation are possible if so...

Anoj's Top 10 Killcams

Check out #2 (3:51), the 7 (!) noscopes in a row on Favela. Is that just the luckiest killstreak in the history of games, or are noscopes not random?
I used to noscope all the time, and it's random as hell. Sometimes you go on a lucky string where every bullet seems to hit.

jiien

Anoj's Top 10 Killcams

Ah, my bad. I just assumed because people are claiming no scoping as stupid/broken accurate that they were referring to that.

And yeah, I remember that video. I have no idea how the heck that is possible. Even quickscoping is a little too extreme to be believable. I ran into a guy doing it on Highrise once, and he was pulling off shots from one building to the other. I was convinced it was some sort of hack. He rarely missed, and it was pretty much always a headshot.

And sorry to Full Recovery for misleading you too :p

jiien

PetriP-TNT said:
HOLY SHIT, that Mobile-PC-To-Your-Face was the coolest thing I have seen anyone do in this game

You just have to knife before the screen comes up. It's the knifing animation freaking out because you have the laptop attached to your arm. So sneak up on someone, save your predator or something, and you can do it too! :)

Mythbusters Episode 4 is out.

Not a lot of useful info in this one, but I had no idea that you can use equipment while climbing. The delay on using weapons after climbing ladders has been a big annoyance for me, very good to know that I can climb up and toss a grenade or knife instead. :D

jiien said:
It's the knifing animation freaking out because you have the laptop attached to your arm.
Not to correct you all day long, dude, but it's clearly an intended animation. He holds the laptop with both hands and folds it a little while smacking. Very cool addition by IW! :D

jiien

Mythbusters Episode 4 is out.

Not a lot of useful info in this one, but I had no idea that you can use equipment while climbing. The delay on using weapons after climbing ladders has been a big annoyance for me, very good to know that I can climb up and toss a grenade or knife instead. :D

Not to correct you all day long, dude, but it's clearly an intended animation. He holds the laptop with both hands and folds it a little while smacking. Very cool addition by IW! :D

Fuck me. Really? I did this a long time ago, by accident, and it seriously looked like my knife arm going out, with just a laptop stuck on top of it. I'm just full of wrong information today.

jiien said:
Fuck me. Really? I did this a long time ago, by accident, and it seriously looked like my knife arm going out, with just a laptop stuck on top of it. I'm just full of wrong information today.
Haha, I just checked and I think we're both right! Kind of.

They've made it so that it sorta looks like he folds and holds the laptop with both hands, but it actually goes through one wrist and it looks like they just slapped a folded laptop on top of the regular knifing animation. :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
quick/nosopers are still the bane of my existence, anytime I run into them its a fucking nightmare. they're crosshair can be off me and I will still go down in one shot.

I reckon there's something about the intervention thats broken. perhaps to make up for its one shot limit they made it so that there's some kind of "shoot anywhere near to kill" which might be why it seems almost every quick scoper uses it.

hell sniping standing up or without a rest for the gun is already far fetched, but running around using it like some kind of long range shotgun is too much.

I sometimes wonder how many of those clips are staged or simply lucky to run into a bunch of idiots. One guy running into a crowd of 5 or 6 with a P90 and no one kills him? bullshit or freak accident, nothing to do with skill imo.

wud

Neo Member
no-scoping used to be very easy in W@W and COD4 thanks to a glitch to do with the crosshairs resetting, it doesn't work in MW2 at all

kaizoku said:
I sometimes wonder how many of those clips are staged or simply lucky to run into a bunch of idiots. One guy running into a crowd of 5 or 6 with a P90 and no one kills him? bullshit or freak accident, nothing to do with skill imo.
I can tell you what happened in that clip. He was playing Ground War against an inexperienced team, and he used the usual spawnkilling turbo-flank you can pull off right when the game starts.

Nowadays, that rarely works because even if most of the opposing team are oblivious to it, there's always one guy who's ready there. The clip is probably 2-3 months old, back when you could do this and catch everybody in their running animation before they get their guns back up (which is what DnB Oos did in the clip - they're all trying to run to that tunnel to get to his team's spawn). It's not so unrealistic.

Also, P90 is a fucking beast. :D

I'm so good at this game I just 44-7.

How? I got three care packages, two of which had an AC130, and the other was a Pavelow. :lol I realise this may prompt those "game be broke lol" posts which pretty much everyone hates, but it was so fucking enjoyable I wanted to share.

It seemed like payment for all of the matches I got ammo resupplies. :)

Full Recovery said:
I just went 29-0 on TDM Wasteland. But I didn't have my nuke equipped. :(

That sucks. My highest streak is somewhere around 26 I think and whenever I get up to that I wish I had a nuke selected. Then I remember I used three killstreaks anyway. :lol

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm so good at this game I just 44-7.

How? I got three care packages, two of which had an AC130, and the other was a Pavelow. :lol I realise this may prompt those "game be broke lol" posts which pretty much everyone hates, but it was so fucking enjoyable I wanted to share.

It seemed like payment for all of the matches I got ammo resupplies. :)

Yeah I had the same thing happen the other day, went like 47-8 as my best, with atleast 10 other matches breaking 30 or 40 kills. Sometimes the CP makes you cry, but when its dropping the goods its so worth it.

You should try CP, Predator/Harrier, Emer. AD. Throw on Hardline and its almost too easy.

Top Bottom