• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

65-2 is awesome and all but lets no go overboard talking about how unbalanced or overpowered that thing is just because of one video. Those people he was shooting suck. Most of the time they just laid there or sat there as he mowed them down. Can't you shoot him down like a regular chopper? I am sure a couple guys coordinating can take it down easily enough. They only seemed to have one guy who even bothered to try and shoot at it.

Mogg0

Banned
So is this game going to have stats tracking like WaW did? As in, online hubs of scores, the little iPhone app you could get that would track your stats, etc? Or is Treyarch going to continue to destroy Infinity Ward in all areas of stat tracking and player involvement?

Accident

65-2 happens all the time in a game of domination in COD4, and that doesn't make the game unbalanced. It is not that guy fault that the other shitty team doesn't know how to shot down a helicopter.
If you are using cold blooded the helicopter won't notice you and it only take a single shot from the stinger to take it down.
I have played about 18 hours the last two days in MW2 and i feel i getting killed less by air supports than in COD4.

Quick questions. Can you have 2 killstreaks that cost the same amount or are you forced to choose between one in that category. A good example is the stationary gun and the airstrike are both 5 kills.

Is there anywhere online that lists what the challenges are to unlock the the pro versions of perks. Do I just have to get a certain amount of kills while having one equipped or do I have to do special stuff during a match to unlock it.

Mogg0 said:
So is this game going to have stats tracking like WaW did? As in, online hubs of scores, the little iPhone app you could get that would track your stats, etc?

This to.

I doubt they'd put in something so powerful if it didn't have a hard counter. There's 5(?) different types of RPG's in the game isn't there? Clearly those were put in counter stuff like that, but no-one on the other team bothered to do anything about it.

Accident

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Quick questions. Can you have 2 killstreaks that cost the same amount or are you forced to choose between one in that category. A good example is the stationary gun and the airstrike are both 5 kills.

No

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Is there anywhere online that lists what the challenges are to unlock the the pro versions of perks. Do I just have to get a certain amount of kills while having one equipped or do I have to do special stuff during a match to unlock it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18407245&postcount=2502

It depends on the perk, you need to have 40 melee kills for commando pro, or resupply 200 times for scavenger pro.

TheHeretic said:
I doubt they'd put in something so powerful if it didn't have a hard counter. There's 5(?) different types of RPG's in the game isn't there? Clearly those were put in counter stuff like that, but no-one on the other team bothered to do anything about it.

Or maybe they couldn't because they were spawning right into the chopper's nuts. It takes a good 1.5-2 seconds to lock onto something with the stinger, but he was mowing them down in less than a second each.

Bumblebeetuna said:
How hard is it to shoot down an AC-130 or the Harrier?

I think 1 stinger missile does the job and with launchers I've seen used, um 1 "rocket" and a quarter (if you have stopping power pro) to half a clip. Its really not that hard. GAF is definitely gone into overreaction mode when it comes to killstreaks, as stated by someone else...there are countermeasures for every situation.

Nuke? What nuke?

cresto

Net_Wrecker said:
Or maybe they couldn't because they were spawning right into the chopper's nuts. It takes a good 1.5-2 seconds to lock onto something with the stinger, but he was mowing them down in less than a second each.
This.

Net_Wrecker said:

Only two people made an attempt to shoot at him on his first run and that was with bullets.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Assembly Required said:
I think 1 stinger missile does the job and with launchers I've seen used, um 1 "rocket" and a quarter (if you have stopping power pro) to half a clip. Its really not that hard. GAF is definitely gone into overreaction mode when it comes to killstreaks, as stated by someone else...there are countermeasures for every situation.

Nuke? What nuke?
nothing for the EMP either... You know, I don't think i've seen that one. I wonder what its like...

zewone

Bumblebeetuna said:
How hard is it to shoot down an AC-130 or the Harrier?
Harrier is really easy to shoot down. AC-130 flys very high that I don't even bother. I just stay inside until it's gone (30 seconds).

S1lent

Well, went ahead and plunked down $60 at Amazon for this game. Never played much of CoD4 or WaW, hopefully I don't get owned too badly by all the vets of those games...

Eric WK

Accident said:
I have played about 18 hours the last two days in MW2 and i feel i getting killed less by air supports than in COD4.

Yup. But, naturally, people who haven't played the game think they know what the hell is going on.

hellclerk

zewone said:
EMP is a pain in the ass. No HUD, makes the screen fuzzy, and red dot sights are rendered useless. You also can't call in killstreaks while it's in effect. It also takes out any flying enemy vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNgjjeE3Ufw
yeah, actually just found that. you're right it's kind of a pain, but i think it's one of the niftier ones too. forces you to play a bit less arcade-y...

edit:
but i DO wish it effected your side too, you know, kind of an equalizer or something...

RanoNL

Why is the Xbox 360 version so much more next-genny?

32zhpbm.jpg

hellclerk

ThirstyFly said:
Am I missing something here? Why did he get promoted during a split screen match?
i'm guessing that it might be possible to completely level up in split screen, though split screen level-ups and online level-ups might be kept separate.

Accident said:
You now have to level up to unlock the weapons and perks in split-screen.

Oh, so like how CoD4 only had the pre-defined classes for split screen games, you now have to unlock perks as you go in MW2 and get to make your own custom classes now?

Thermite

Bumblebeetuna said:
65-2 is awesome and all but lets no go overboard talking about how unbalanced or overpowered that thing is just because of one video. Those people he was shooting suck. Most of the time they just laid there or sat there as he mowed them down. Can't you shoot him down like a regular chopper? I am sure a couple guys coordinating can take it down easily enough. They only seemed to have one guy who even bothered to try and shoot at it.

Yeah, no doubt choppers will be easy enough to take down with a a team coordinating, especially if 1 or 2 people have Light Machine Guns. And just to clarify, in case I'm getting bundled in with the "chopper am overpowa'd" people: my comment was speaking more on just the awesomeness of going 65-2 (because that's just plain damned crazy, no matter who you're up against :p).

played my last match of CoD4 tonight, I finally borrowed it from a friend about a month or so ago (mainly late due to taking a break in general from gaming) and loved nearly every second I played both of the campaign and the multiplayer, I used the double xp and Headquarters to jump 5 levels today and prestiged before I logged off.

I haven't anticipated a game this much in a long time. It's made so much worse by the large amount of my friends who already have legit copies of it.

Son of Godzilla said:
Wait, you can splitscreen in this?

Err, I just realized... The SWAT or w/e stuff being invite only means there's no Nazi Zombies playlist right?

No zombies, and you can split-screen offline only.

Hopefully the campaign will surprise me, will might indeed happen since my expectations for it are pretty low.

As for the multiplayer, I am ridiculously hyped. Been counting down the days. I'll have it in mere hours. :D

RanoNL said:
Why is the Xbox 360 version so much more next-genny?

32zhpbm.jpg
in all fairness this isnt the same frame, there is obviously some lighting effect (looks like an explosion or fire) going on in the xbox shot, otherwise the textures look identical so I don't see the issue

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GodfatherX said:
in all fairness this isnt the same frame, there is obviously some lighting effect (looks like an explosion or fire) going on in the xbox shot, otherwise the textures look identical so I don't see the issue
:lol

hellclerk

GodfatherX said:
I think you missed something :lol
sic?

Mogg0

Banned
WHY AM I PLAYING A GAME WITH WORSE STATS TRACKING THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE IN THE SERIES.

If Treyarch, who are unfairly lambasted on GAF despite being awesome, can implement a deep and engaging stats-tracking system, why do I have to make do with a system, released 12 months later, that's absolutely balls in comparison.

Also, the menu HUD in this game is rubbish. Too colourful and barren and doesn't fit in with the style and atmosphere of the game at all.

On a brighter note... HOLY SHIT the beginning of Act 2 is fucking epic.

Aspiring

Being in Australia has it perks. Like being able to go to the midnight launch in 4 hours. Only problem is i have work at 8am and do 12 hour shifts, so cannot possibly play the game. Will go and pick it up, but wont play it. Its going to be so fucking hard.

Fuuuuuuu the one place that consistently got games to you the day before release has decided to screw me over this time and deliver on release day. That wouldnt be a problem normaly but its £8 more expensive than the supermarkets which release it tonight at midnight and I told everybody to buy from them as we would get it a day early :lol

snack

Just watched the 65-2 on Domination @ Afghan video and have a question. Isn't there a delay in the beginning of each round that doesn't let you use your killstreaks such as the Harrier Strike that TheSandyRavage had activated in the overtime round?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
2 things -

1) You can (and are practically required to) shoot down enemy UAVs with a rocket. They appear as a small plane in the sky. :D :D :D

2) I had a supply crate drop out of the sky onto my head and kill me, tonight.

~~~

Anyway, everyone worrying about the killstreaks don't need to. You have access to a rocket with lock-on capabilities from moment 1. If your teammates aren't idiots anything in the air should be shut down very quickly.

Top Bottom