• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zewone

GDJustin said:
2 things -

1) You can (and are practically required to) shoot down enemy UAVs with a rocket. They appear as a small plane in the sky. :D :D :D
Not even necessary to use a rocket. You can shoot a UAV down easily with one clip of just about any assault rifle.

GDJustin said:
2 things -

1) You can (and are practically required to) shoot down enemy UAVs with a rocket. They appear as a small plane in the sky. :D :D :D

2) I had a supply crate drop out of the sky onto my head and kill me, tonight.

~~~

Anyway, everyone worrying about the killstreaks don't need to. You have access to a rocket with lock-on capabilities from moment 1. If your teammates aren't idiots anything in the air should be shut down very quickly.

:lol

Hows SND to anyone thats played it? like is it drasticaly diffrent with all these new killstreak bonuses and other crap?
Hopefully its still as awesome as MW1.

Yay! Just beat the game on hard-on mode. The ending
was left rather open for the obvious sequel.
I think I'll wait a bit before I tackle Veteran. Off to hit up some Special Ops missions.

Minamu

IW keeps on giving :lol

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4019/infinity-ward-koticks-a-great-guy/

21+ hours to go! :D

Blair said:
Just got the hardened edition through in the post, trying to download Call of Duty classic using the promotion code from the eu psn and it keeps coming up 'code not valid'

(yes, i'm entering it correctly.)
It's probably not available on the servers yet. If I were you, I'd pray to God you haven't invalidated your code by trying it out :S It's known to happen on PSN.

Blair

Banned
Just got the hardened edition through in the post, trying to download Call of Duty classic using the promotion code from the eu psn and it keeps coming up 'code not valid'

Mogg0

Banned
Blair said:

Probably not valid until the release date in your country, methinks.

GDJustin said:
2 things -

2) I had a supply crate drop out of the sky onto my head and kill me, tonight.

~~~

Anyway, everyone worrying about the killstreaks don't need to. You have access to a rocket with lock-on capabilities from moment 1. If your teammates aren't idiots anything in the air should be shut down very quickly.
Owned.:lol

Enosh

well got my PC version, or to be more precise my father picked it up (yes with my money) from the post while I am some 80km away untill friday -.-

I hate college

Weenerz

Banned
Enosh said:
well got my PC version, or to be more precise my father picked it up (yes with my money) from the post while I am some 80km away untill friday -.-

I hate college

From what I hear, you can't even play MP with the PC version till Steam unlocks. And when I logged into steam, I got a prompt telling me that it had like 3 days left till unlock. Yuck

Just done the first bit on the PS3 version. It's very nice indeed, and getting back into COD is as awesome as ever.

Framerate is generally 60fps but the very first bit you do in the campaign (after the training) has some SERIOUS drops. Very chuggy. Just thought it was worth a mention as others have said its rock solid.

So 4.5 to 5 million combined on day one?

Tarin02543 said:
okay can anyone with the 360 version comment on this? Framerate is oh so important for me.

It can only be better than that. 360 is reference version.

Tarin02543

KennyLinder said:
Just done the first bit on the PS3 version. It's very nice indeed, and getting back into COD is as awesome as ever.

Framerate is generally 60fps but the very first bit you do in the campaign (after the training) has some SERIOUS drops. Very chuggy. Just thought it was worth a mention as others have said its rock solid.

okay can anyone with the 360 version comment on this? Framerate is oh so important for me.

Chrange

Banned
Tarin02543 said:

I'm on the last mission of the 360 version and haven't noticed much for framerate drops. Even multiplayer, when things get really insane, has been really stable. I've been going through 900 GB of recorded gameplay - if there were really bad framerate drops I'd have noticed by now :lol

Tarin02543 said:

I think you can be the only judge of it tbh. Like I said, its been mentioned a few times here how solid the framerate is, and "I've finished the game on PS3 and not noticed a single drop" etc etc. It's simply untrue.

Also, I just done the 2nd mission (the one shown at E3) and its dropping quite regularly. Only dips here and there, but its still doing it.

harrytang

I was playing with a guy when his own fell on him and killed him. Only thing I could do was laugh and proceeded to open his care package.

I'm actually wondering what the etiquette is for care packages. Does anything go? I try to let the person who's care package it is use it, but if the player dies it seems like smart strategy to grab the package myself before the enemy does. It sucks to have one on the way and die.

So far I haven't had any problems, like being shot in the back from a team mate in HC while trying to open my care package, but I see this being a real possibility. Hell, I might even do it myself.

Oh yes :D

9huh55.jpg

inx4dk.jpg

k996xt.jpg

remz

harrytang said:
I was playing with a guy when his own fell on him and killed him. Only thing I could do was laugh and proceeded to open his care package.

I'm actually wondering what the etiquette is for care packages. Does anything go? I try to let the person who's care package it is use it, but if the player dies it seems like smart strategy to grab the package myself before the enemy does. It sucks to have one on the way and die.

So far I haven't had any problems, like being shot in the back from a team mate in HC while trying to open my care package, but I see this being a real possibility. Hell, I might even do it myself.
I nabbed one from our team and the guy got really pissy. I'm guessing leave it for them until they're dead?

KennyLinder said:
I think you can be the only judge of it tbh. Like I said, its been mentioned a few times here how solid the framerate is, and "I've finished the game on PS3 and not noticed a single drop" etc etc. It's simply untrue.

Also, I just done the 2nd mission (the one shown at E3) and its dropping quite regularly. Only dips here and there, but its still doing it.
I said as much over 20 pages ago. PS3 version drops frames, but i doubt the eventual performance tests will show it going below 40. I'm guessing the fps average over extended periods of gameplay will be close to what it was in WaW PS3.

I told myself I wasnt going to pick this one up at midnight, that I was just going to pick it up in the morning and come home with some breakfast.

Of course, Im full of crap, this is my most anticipated game this year by quite a bit, and I'll completely be the oldest guy at Gamestop (29) at 11:50. :D

Mogg0

Banned
In regards to Xbox 360 owners, the framerate DOES drop and chug along, but it is barely noticeable and very occasional. Not game-breaking at all.

BigAT

For those that already have the game, how is the riot shield in multiplayer? I was kind of disgusted when I saw it, I loathed that thing when they added it to Counter-Strike 1.6. Is it completely annoying or does it have its place?

Az

To anyone complaining about the HUD, and how "arcadey" the game is, just play HC TDM. Its fucking awsome.

harrytang

BigAT said:
For those that already have the game, how is the riot shield in multiplayer? I was kind of disgusted when I saw it, I loathed that thing when they added it to Counter-Strike 1.6. Is it completely annoying or does it have its place?

My first thoughts were, riot shield is dumb as hell. However, after experimenting, it turned out to be a ton of fun.

The best I was able to do in HC team death match was go 9-1-9. It would be tough to rack up a high positive K/D spread, but you will rack up an unbelievable amount of assists, the most I earned is 12. People will shoot at you giving away their positions, letting your teammates gun them down. Also it says bullets can bounce back and kill the shooter, but I have not yet seen that.

So if you have someone you can work with I think the riot shield can seriously help your team, but I would not recommend running around by yourself unless you're just f-ing around. It's very satisfying to squash someone your shield. Two hits in core TDM, i used commando and it was one in HC TDM.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Can we at least choose from all the maps in split-screen, this time? It really sucked not being able to play on some of the better maps thanks to them being locked out.

iMike76

Banned
TheApatheticOne said:
I told myself I wasnt going to pick this one up at midnight, that I was just going to pick it up in the morning and come home with some breakfast.

Of course, Im full of crap, this is my most anticipated game this year by quite a bit, and I'll completely be the oldest guy at Gamestop (29) at 11:50. :D

That's ok man, I'm 33 and my brother who is 36 will be there tonight.:D

Az

I turned 24 today and I would have no problem going there in a few years. If they give me weird looks I'll just give on back. "Wtf you looking at bitch, lucky your mom is there I would whoop your ass" :lol JK

TimeLike said:
No.

I've been playing multiplayer most of the day today and I've come to the conclusion that there is just too much shit. They've really gone way overboard with all the stuff that is going on in the game and all the unlockables and challenges.

It feels like an arcade game. There is so much clutter and happy meals falling from the sky on parachutes and harriers and helis and airstrikes and uavs and counter uavs all going on at once. It feels like the twelve players are balls bouncing around a pinball machine with pointscore indicatrors flashing all over. It's just crazy times!

Where do I insert the quarters?!

That's my worry too. COD4 had it's issues, lag, horrible respawn points, and cheap grenade kills being the highest on my list. This new iteration just seems frantic.

Raxus

Just some general things about the game.

1) The framerate never dipped online and in single player from what I played.
2) I only one into one bad lagger and host advantage seems to still be in full effect (PC owners will be pissed)
3) Treyarch officially deserves less hate than it deserves. Sure it kind of rides on IW coat tails but it had great stats tracking and multiplayer options (Local, Mercenary, etc.) AND you could party chat in the game.
4) Almost nobody speaks in any game for strategy making the lack of a party chat option REALLY suck. Most of the open mics are used for my endless stream of curses and insults back and forth. Smooth move IW.
5) P90 got buffed. Start crying in 3...2...1...
6) Bullet damage seems alot more universal than it once did. No longer will silenced classes have to empty entire clips to kill one guy.
7) Harrier, Gunship, Nuke, AC130, Counter UAV/Sentry, etc. Unlock in around that order. Your welcome.
8) the other game modes should unlock WAY earlier and Cold Blooded should be awarded way sooner (if the Chopper gunner is any indication of what games will boil down to.
9) Airdrop usually drops worse stuff the better you do now that I am looking for it.
10) Custom Killstreaks shouldn't be universal. I kind of wish I could switch killstreaks between classes seeing as my stealth and sniper classes play completely different.

iMike76 said:
That's ok man, I'm 33 and my brother who is 36 will be there tonight.:D

30+ here (I'm 32). I wish I could go but I have an 8 am class discussing pediatric neuro rehab for physical therapists. :( And then a full days of classes.

When I tell my wife that the game is almost here she rolls her eyes at me. :D

Robin

Sorry if I have missed this, will Call of Duty XBLA have online multiplayer?

Looking forward to playing it as much as MW2 because I've never played it before.

Im quite surprised there has not been any screens released for Call of Duty HD included with the Hardened and Prestige editions yet, or have i missed something?

Raxus

slunk2zero said:
Im quite surprised there has not been any screens released for Call of Duty HD included with the Hardened and Prestige editions yet, or have i missed something?
The game isn't available for DL yet.

Top Bottom