• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Majine

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Where are suicide bombers when you need them?
30jmqzk.jpg

So the name of the DLC implies financial stimulus for Activision, eh?

ChuBoi said:
Wait, so Perfect Dark XBLA is $10 and 3 new maps are $15? :lol :lol :lol

Fixed. ;)

And yeah, I know.

Also, I'm playing through the first Borderlands DLC, the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned one, and it's got a crap-load of content for 800pts. The latest Borderlands DLC is double the size and content of the Zombie one and Gearbox was gracious enough to price it also at 800pts.

I think I'm going to sell my copy of MW2. I bet if my friends and cousins find out the new map pack will be $15 they probably won't play it anymore anyways. So might as well sell it.

Like I said, the only thing that'll justify this crazy pricing is if Activision periodically re-releases the first Modern Warfare maps for free.

You know they won't though.

ChuBoi

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Fixed. ;)

And yeah, I know.

Also, I'm playing through the first Borderlands DLC, the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned one, and it's got a crap-load of content for 800pts. The latest Borderlands DLC is double the size and content of the Zombie one and Gearbox was gracious enough to price it also at 800pts.

I think I'm going to sell my copy of MW2. I bet if my friends and cousins find out the new map pack will be $15 they probably won't play it anymore anyways. So might as well sell it.

I'll wait until it goes for half-price on a double XP weekend like they did with CoD4 DLC.

Activision is charging 33¢ less per map than Microsoft charges for Halo 3 maps. Anyone upset about that kind of pricing should have gotten all the rage out of their system back in 2007 when it was actually news.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Uhm, anyone else have this happen to them on the PC? Some guy claimed to have all of our IP addresses, so naturally we all called bullshit... Until he started reading them off of a list that did in fact have our IP addresses. He correctly called out one guy's current long. and lat. He claimed that there was a "program" that allowed him to see all of our IPs. WTF is this shit?

Fugu said:
For $3 more than this map pack, you can buy Divine Divinity, Earthworm Jim 1 + 2, and MDK 2. That's four games. Four absolutely fantastic, timeless games. Hell, there's a whole ton of better games that you can buy for well under $15.

This shit is fucked up.
where can I get earthworm jim?

amar212

AND WHAT ABOUT FIRST PERSON TEAM TACTICAL GODDAMNIT!?!

It is so hard to put it in?

I swear the God I'll buy this pack if FPTT is back.

Jrmint

Did we really need another thread? It's $15 we get it. 99% of you will still buy it, as will I (just got an XBL point card with Gamestop credit). We all wish it could be $10, but it isn't, the sooner you come to accept that, the better you will be.

Does anyone else feel that the care package is a real karmic thing?

Most games I get resupplies and UAVs, but I just had a game where I got two AC130s, a Pavelow and a Sentry Gun. 64 kills, fuck yeahhhh. Now I have to wait another dozen games before I have luck like that. :p

LosDaddie

Banned
Sethos said:
And despite the price and the negative outlook, it'll probably still sell by the trillions because of all the mindless Call of Duty: Modern Wartards.

woah...instead of Warfare, you used Wartards because it's a play on retards!! :lol

Skel said:
Did we really need another thread?

Is that a serious question? :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Does anyone else feel that the care package is a real karmic thing?

Most games I get resupplies and UAVs, but I just had a game where I got two AC130s, a Pavelow and a Sentry Gun. 64 kills, fuck yeahhhh. Now I have to wait another dozen games before I have luck like that. :p

It has to be.

I was visiting my bro this weekend and he has the PS3 version. But he's only played the SP and a little SpecOps. Thus, he was a Level 0 with 0hrs played of the MP.

Anyway, I played MP after everyone went to bed and my care packages were 1 EMP, a couple AC130s, a stealth bomber and few a predator missiles. It was great. I was able to get to Level 13 after a couple hours of playing.

EDIT: On a side note; I really couldn't tell any difference between the PS3 and X360 version. Well other than my preference for the X360 controller and custom sountracks. Skill level was about the same. More people used mics than I thought would've on PSN too.

Strider2K99 said:
Obviously, that leak wasn't right about everything. Again, we'll find out soon enough.

There are two map packs, this is just the first. The video was right and Robert Bowling is a liar since he said they were fake at the time. It's one thing to say "no comment" or "we don't comment on rumors" but he went full on the record saying it was fake then banned the person's account that posted it.

I said in my post that time would tell who the liar was, the banned person or Robert Bowling and now it's confirmed.

aku:jiki said:
Nevermind the DLC, guys, this game is over anyway:

Unlimited, constant UAV hack is the latest cheat.

Yeah... If that doesn't get patched like RIGHT NOW, even I might be done with this game.

I don't want to come up with old stuff, but seriously why the fuck don't they fix the shit that's wrong with the gameplay and MP than releasing "new" maps?

I mean the netcode sucks, matchmaking is mostly unfair (yes, I'm going there), perks are unbalanced (fuck Commando Pro), air support is retarded etc. etc.

But no, "LET'S MAKE MORE MONEY!!!1" instead...

Patrick Bateman said:
I don't want to come up with old stuff, but seriously why the fuck don't they fix the shit that's wrong with the gameplay and MP than releasing "new" maps?

I mean the netcode sucks, matchmaking is mostly unfair (yes, I'm going there), perks are unbalanced (fuck Commando Pro), air support is retarded etc. etc.

But no, "LET'S MAKE MORE MONEY!!!1" instead...

Simple. Money.

You don't get money by fixing the game: it's already out and people playing it... already paid.

But releasing map pack... gives you money. Lots of it.

Remember how WaW's map packs were the best sellers last year over the PSN ? Imagine how Activision feels about MW2 this year...

quadrax1s

Neo Member
People amaze me sometimes. I was playing in Wasteland and some guy on my team had the game winning kill. He was in the trench INSIDE THE WALL. I don't understand why people have to do that shit? What kind of satisfaction do they get from cheating and exploiting the game to get their kills?

One guy was doing the elevator glitch on Derail and he still had the audacity to talk shit after the game. So stupid.

I'm way too tired to read though all the venom in this thread and the other to find the answer, but did they announce what two maps are returning for the map pack? I've seen some speculation about Crash and Creek (was it?) based on that leaked video, but has there been anything official? F me if it's Wetwork and Shipment.

ThirstyFly said:
I'm way too tired to read though all the venom in this thread and the other to find the answer, but did they announce what two maps are returning for the map pack? I've seen some speculation about Crash and Creek (was it?) based on that leaked video, but has there been anything official? F me if it's Wetwork and Shipment.
Crash and Overgrown.

aku:jiki said:
Nevermind the DLC, guys, this game is over anyway:

Unlimited, constant UAV hack is the latest cheat.

Yeah... If that doesn't get patched like RIGHT NOW, even I might be done with this game.

So this is another one of those "private lobby gets into public matchmaking" glitches. Or rather, it's the same base glitch that IW can't seem to fix - only this time instead of making 10th prestige lobbies, they're actually playing real games. Huh.

If only IW could figure out how to keep private lobbies from getting into public matches... At least this isn't viral (at least, it doesn't seem to be), so the odds of running into it randomly are incredibly slim.

aku:jiki

On a lighter note, this video fucking rules :lol :lol :lol

THERE'S SOMEBODY IN THE GIFT SHOP!!!

divisionbyzorro said:
So this is another one of those "private lobby gets into public matchmaking" glitches. Or rather, it's the same base glitch that IW can't seem to fix - only this time instead of making 10th prestige lobbies, they're actually playing real games. Huh.

If only IW could figure out how to keep private lobbies from getting into public matches... At least this isn't viral (at least, it doesn't seem to be), so the odds of running into it randomly are incredibly slim.
He mentions it being viral in the post, though? Did you find more info?

Fantasmo

This is currently one of two games I play. For $60, and soon the cost of a few packs, I have had tons and tons of hours of enjoyment.

I don't like being taken advantage of, I hate wasting money, but this game is far too big and they know they can charge what they want. I will continue with MW2 until the next big thing changes that and likely so will others.

Valve, id, and Epic (and plenty of others) have always been great to the gamers, but nobody has a massive hit like Activision/IW right now.

So until the next end-all be-all online game -- they will get my money, just like any and every other "monopoly" since the beginning of time.

Funny part is, the other game I play is Resident Evil 5, which I'm loving again with the two short missions and the new Mercenaries Reunion characters. That cost me $15 also. I had no problem paying because I've definitely gotten $15 of fun out of them. The enjoyment was worth the asking price and I have no regrets.

Would I have preferred it to be free? Sure, but $15 isn't the end of my life.

Can we move on now?

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
Does he? I must have missed it - I don't recall him specifically mentioning it being able to go viral.
He's saying people are paying to get "infected," like how you can get Global Thermonuclear War on your non-hacked Xbox by being infected with it. I think you, like, inherit the properties of a hacked lobby you join and as long as you don't change your settings they will stay there?

But, yeah, there's somebody in the gift shop!!

MattyH

X360 Version is fucked up atm cant get a stable game keep getting booted from matches
host migration every 2 seconds
fuck this shit going back to cod4 till its fixed

ch0mp

Big Ass Ramp said:
Uhm, anyone else have this happen to them on the PC? Some guy claimed to have all of our IP addresses, so naturally we all called bullshit... Until he started reading them off of a list that did in fact have our IP addresses. He correctly called out one guy's current long. and lat. He claimed that there was a "program" that allowed him to see all of our IPs. WTF is this shit?

The game is P2P/Listen server, I don't see why you are surprised. If he's host he could easily find them using netstat.

Sharkington said:
Activision is charging 33¢ less per map than Microsoft charges for Halo 3 maps. Anyone upset about that kind of pricing should have gotten all the rage out of their system back in 2007 when it was actually news.

So like Halo3, these new maps will become free over time? Kick ass!!! Plus, look on the bright side, there are 5 new ways for people to create glitches ruining your game even further!

Top Bottom