• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Jrmint

divisionbyzorro said:
Hence why I've completely given up on sniping. ARs and SMGs all the way baby!
But then you are missing out on the satisfaction of the OHK!

There is nothing more satisfying than popping a headshot while a guy is in full sprint across a map and get all those popups on your screen, it is awesome.

The fact that people keep saying 'Bailout' might be similar to 'Bloc' is scaring me.

Also if they continue with remakes I'd rather it be 1 proper remade map with MW2 geometry as opposed to 2 straight ports.

Crash is a classic map an all but it should really be similar in size to Quarry not Favela.

Patrick Bateman said:
I think that those are the rumored shots of the new maps that came out when it was first rumored a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that they're not the new ones b/c if you look at one of the shots of the pause screen it says "MP_Storm" which leads me to believe that they aren't developer released. They might be accurate but they're not official shots in the least.

ShOcKwAvE

Finally got my first non-care package AC-130 last night, ending my streak at fifteen. I used Predator and Harrier...I had been trying for a while with the Sentry Gun, but only recently I found out that NO air-drop adds to your streak, not just the care package as I had thought.

bobs99 ... said:
I just dont understand how people can justify paying so much - if people put up with it they will take the piss more.

I will be playing these maps for well over 24 hours of gameplay time. Hell I pay $10-$15 for arade games that last 4 hours with very little replay value.
I believe $15 "sounds" steep and in fact it is for someone who doesn't love the game. But for the million(I'm guessing) or so that still love this game $15 is not so bad for the amount of playtime you'll get out of them.

DoomGyver

Do you guys think they'll give us a list of fixes/changes in the patch that is coming before the DLC?

I just fought an entire team of commando/marathon/lightweight assholes in Favela. I got hitmarkers with my m1014 so I just rage-quit the match. It should have been nerfed months ago.

Dresden

Full Recovery said:
Do you guys think they'll give us a list of fixes/changes in the patch that is coming before the DLC?

I just fought an entire team of commando/marathon/lightweight assholes in Favela. I got hitmarkers with my m1014 so I just rage-quit the match. It should have been nerfed months ago.
Hopefully they fix OMA as well. That shit is ridiculous.

Dresden said:
Hopefully they fix OMA as well. That shit is ridiculous.
Yeah, I think it was Bowling who said that they were working on a fix for OMA-tubing. I bet what they're going to do is to not allow you to use it more than, say, two or three times in a row, or not allow it to work with tube classes.

I've joined a few games where the speed was doubled or tripled and I know there are private lobbies where people can get enough XP to prestige in one kill or something, so i started wondering if there have been any glitches which can actually remove your XP or harm your stats/perks/set up in some way?

backflip10019 said:
Yeah, I think it was Bowling who said that they were working on a fix for OMA-tubing. I bet what they're going to do is to not allow you to use it more than, say, two or three times in a row, or not allow it to work with tube classes.

The simplest and most direct solution is to disable the grenade launcher attachment with OMA. It's not particularly elegant, but it does the job.

celestial body said:
I've joined a few games where the speed was doubled or tripled and I know there are private lobbies where people can get enough XP to prestige in one kill or something, so i started wondering if there have been any glitches which can actually remove your XP or harm your stats/perks/set up in some way?
Yeah, if i remember correctly, there was some sort of private match glitch that if you joined, could remove all of your XP in the entire prestige that you're in. I'm fairly certain that's been fixed by now, though.

Rayme

backflip10019 said:
Yeah, if i remember correctly, there was some sort of private match glitch that if you joined, could remove all of your XP in the entire prestige that you're in. I'm fairly certain that's been fixed by now, though.
It has. Your client won't trust the server, anymore, if it's telling them to regress.

That wasn't any sort of "glitch" in the game, either. It was hacked hardware running custom (hacked) versions of the game binary, running (wait for it...) hacked content files. That was a fun (hacked?) month. =p

Rayme said:
It has. Your client won't trust the server, anymore, if it's telling them to regress.

That wasn't any sort of "glitch" in the game, either. It was hacked hardware running custom (hacked) versions of the game binary, running (wait for it...) hacked content files. That was a fun (hacked?) month. =p

I'm sure you either don't know or are not allowed to answer this question, but I'll ask it anyway. :lol Any clue why Microsoft can't detect these hacked consoles and deny them access to Xbox Live?

Rayme

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm sure you either don't know or are not allowed to answer this question, but I'll ask it anyway. :lol Any clue why Microsoft can't detect these hacked consoles and deny them access to Xbox Live?
They can. =)

Rayme said:
They can. =)

Okay, I'll rephrase: can it be done in an automated fashion in real time? I see people getting banned for it, of course, but they're getting more and more bold about it, to the point where one guy was live-streaming a 10th prestige lobby on Justin.TV the other day. They're obviously not afraid of getting caught - is it just hubris, or does it take a manual effort to find them?

careful

What happened to the new guns rumour? I thought someone said (Full Recovery?) they saw a G36 in one of the shots or something...

Xux

backflip10019 said:
I think that those are the rumored shots of the new maps that came out when it was first rumored a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that they're not the new ones b/c if you look at one of the shots of the pause screen it says "MP_Storm" which leads me to believe that they aren't developer released. They might be accurate but they're not official shots in the least.

Yeah, according to that site's forum, there were parts of the maps on the disc.

ZZMitch

Hey CoDGAF I have some questions to ask...

Which guns do you guys think is better?

Famas + Silencer + Holographic Sight VS. M16 + Silencer + Holographic Sight

Also,

SCAR-H + Silencer VS TAR-18 + Silencer VS ACR + Silencer VS AK-47 + Silencer

Both for team deathmatch and with Stopping Power

ZZMitch said:

Also,

None of those guns do appreciably worse with the silencer than others, so you might as well be asking about straight up FAMAS vs M16, and SCAR vs TAR vs ACR vs AK-47.

Personally I like the FAMAS over the M16, and the TAR over all those others.

ZZMitch

divisionbyzorro said:
None of those guns do appreciably worse with the silencer than others, so you might as well be asking about straight up FAMAS vs M16, and SCAR vs TAR vs ACR vs AK-47.

Yeah, I had actually not used or considered the TAR for some reason until I ran out of ammo for the weapon I was carrying and I picked it up... continued on to an 11 kill steak, pretty amazing gun :D

I think I prefer the M16 over the FAMAS tho... but we shall see, I have not unlock everything for the M16 yet.

ZZMitch said:

Also,

Red Dot Famas (more accurate than Holo) > Holo M16

SCAR is probably my favorite of the last few. It's just that the ACR is sooooooooo weak with a silencer on it.

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:

I second this....

careful

Holo M16 all the way. :D
Actually, I would say it depends on your play style. Mid range would advantage the FAMAS with the extra damage. You can get more 2 bullet kills with SP. But long range, you'll get more full burst kills with the tight grouping holo+M16.

mr_boo

careful said:
Holo M16 all the way. :D
Actually, I would say it depends on your play style. Mid range would advantage the FAMAS with the extra damage. You can get more 2 bullet kills with SP. But long range, you'll get more full burst kills with the tight grouping holo+M16.
I find that the FAMAS is accurate enough in long distances - I think Fugu said it best though several pages back...M16 has it's advantages through reload and rise times.

careful

mr_boo said:
I find that the FAMAS is accurate enough in long distances - I think Fugu said it best though several pages back...M16 has it's advantages through reload and rise times.
Definitely, not to put down the FAMAS, that bad boy is still one of the most precise ARs.

aku:jiki

I just found my new favorite kit, starring the Javelin! :D

TAR-21 + Noobtube (For when someone surprises you at mid-range.)
Javelin
Scavenger
Danger Close
Commando (For that knife runner that gets soooo pissed that you blew him up.)

It works great on maps like Afghan and Derail. You just have to know where they're spawning and the popular paths out of there. I'm having lots of fun finding places to shoot from right now, it's like hunting for sniper spots all over again. :D

Not only good for multi-kills, but awesome for taking out that annoying camper! Like just now on Derail, some dude was on a 20-ish streak and camping hard over by the little house trying to get snipes for his last few. Dude wasn't expecting death from above! :lol

Also, when someone gets up on C house on Highrise. Very satisfying way of taking that bastard out! :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
aku:jiki said:
I just found my new favorite kit, starring the Javelin! :D
I love the javelin. It's a little bit wonkier than the stinger for taking down air support, but the free aim makes it worth it.

Favorite maps for javelin hijinx (works best for domination, since you know where people will be headed):

Quarry (if you spawn on the lower half of the level, fire one up into that chainlink fence area after the match starts — it's a multi-kill, guaranteed)
Sub Base (if you spawn near C, fire one while aiming down the corridor toward B — anyone rushing the flag will be annihilated)
Afghan (blast one down onto B from the cliff near C)

Dresden

DRE Fei said:
Hey guys, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAAnPKosLfo&feature=sub

Isn't Terminal fun? Perfectly balanced domination map. I'm sure the xbox live kids will be completely sickened after seeing this and refuse to do it. You know how they love to fight with honor like complete gentlemen.
That shit's pretty old. I got my first three nukes way back in December by whoring it out on Terminal. I used to love that map until everyone else started using Danger Close setups (in my defense, I used the AT4HS, not OMA).

Nothing like quadruple kills on C followed by a predator strike right into spawn in A.

DRE Fei

Dresden said:
That shit's pretty old. I got my first three nukes way back in December by whoring it out on Terminal. I used to love that map until everyone else started using Danger Close setups (in my defense, I used the AT4HS, not OMA).

Nothing like quadruple kills on C followed by a predator strike right into spawn in A.
I experienced stuff like this a few months ago, but it wasn't as crazy back then as it is now. It was actually a decent map until everyone started using OMA, scavenger and danger close and basically turned it into a Thumper/RPG boosting party. It's fun, but I'm hoping some tweaks will eventually be made to OMA because that shit is too strong.

Dresden

DRE Fei said:
I experienced stuff like this a few months ago, but it wasn't as crazy back then as it is now. It was actually a decent map until everyone started using OMA, scavenger and danger close and basically turned it into a Thumper/RPG boosting party. It's fun, but I'm hoping some tweaks will eventually be made to OMA because that shit is too strong.
I agree with you, a bit, but Scavenger combined with Thumpers or RPGs is nearly as bad. I mean, I'm part of the problem, I have 2000+kills with the RPG. :lol They're so powerful that I have it as the secondary on every class I have, except for the sniper build and the cold blooded anti-air.

aku:jiki

vatstep said:
I love the javelin. It's a little bit wonkier than the stinger for taking down air support, but the free aim makes it worth it.

Favorite maps for javelin hijinx (works best for domination, since you know where people will be headed):

Quarry (if you spawn on the lower half of the level, fire one up into that chainlink fence area after the match starts — it's a multi-kill, guaranteed)
Sub Base (if you spawn near C, fire one while aiming down the corridor toward B — anyone rushing the flag will be annihilated)
Afghan (blast one down onto B from the cliff near C)
Nice spots! I'm gonna have to try it out on Quarry. Here's a few I like:

Derail (From A you can just lock onto the wall of the C warehouse and blow up the whole area around the flag. I actually stopped the flag carrier in CTF like a few feet from capping by doing this. That guy probably got pissed. :lol)
Estate (If you spawn by A; immediately turn left and lock a Jav onto the ground outside C. You will at least get 1 guy. Also, spamming the area around B when they're spawning there.)
Wasteland (Pretty useless map for Javelins overall, but if you catch the other team spawning over on the helipad or by the houses, you can cause some serious damage.)
Terminal (Also overall useless, but if you lock the other team in A spawn you can spam into there from the gas tank roof.)

Plus, it can really turn the tide on a Demolition on Afghan. B is basically impossible to plant without it.

Xux

Storm looks pretty cool. A lot more outdoorsy than I thought it might have looked from the map and first screens.

I remember the 18th being mentioned as a day they'd say something about something. Hopefully we hear something cool.

Time for a dumb question!

I've decided I'm going to build a shotgun focused class for my session tonight, and I'm trying to decide which shotgun/perk combination to go with. I almost always use shotguns as defensive secondary weapons, not as primary offense weapons, so it's going to be an experiment for me. I'm typically a fan of either Marathon or Scavenger for blue perks, but there's one thing I'm curious about. I almost never use Sleight of Hand because I feel like it encourages poor play (too much reloading), but I'm wondering if it would decrease the pump action time of the SPAS-12. I know it will reload faster, but will it let me get the next round out faster?

Top Bottom