• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I love S+D sometimes. I got a care package, was about to use the predator, thought nah and saved it for the start of the next round. Used it as quickly as I could at the beginning of the next round, the idiots were all grouped together and didn't scatter fast enough and BOOM. 5/6 enemies dead. That's a nice 3000xp. :lol

I can't believe people still bunch together at the start of rounds.

aku:jiki

Foliorum Viridum said:
I love S+D sometimes. I got a care package, was about to use the predator, thought nah and saved it for the start of the next round. Used it as quickly as I could at the beginning of the next round, the idiots were all grouped together and didn't scatter fast enough and BOOM. 5/6 enemies dead. That's a nice 3000xp. :lol

Nice! I did something similar on Skidrow. They all knew the Pred was coming and correctly hid in the middle of the little tunnel, but aiming the Pred in there was apparently good enough. Boom! :lol

I think it's even more shocking that people haven't learned to scatter in Demolition and CTF - those modes don't even have the timer that's in S&D! Launch and boost the Pred immediately and you'll score at least a double, guaranteed, and that's if they try to scatter!

It's true, people generally are awful when it comes to predators. The second I see that big red dot on my map I flee indoors, or at least distance myself as much as possible from the nearest person.

It does make it horrible those times when you run away from a group and they single you out, though. :(

I'm usually that bastard that goes for the one most obviously running -_-

J-Roderton

Linkhero1 said:
I find myself on the losing end more often than winning end. Anyone recommend a good weapon class set?

I mostly use these.

Intervention - Extended mags when I got em
-Slight of Hand
-Stopping power
-Ninja
and Akimbo G18's

UMP - Silencer
-Marathon
-Stopping power
-Commando
and Spas

Linkhero1

Jroderton said:
I mostly use these.

Intervention - Extended mags when I got em
-Slight of Hand
-Stopping power
-Ninja
and Akimbo G18's

UMP - Silencer
-Marathon
-Stopping power
-Commando
and Spas

Thanks. I'll check these out. I don't think I have Akimbo for G18 yet. I need to unlock a lot of things in the game.

My highest earned XP in a match thus far...

sgqzwo.jpg

Don't remember what challenges I completed and whatnot, but I do remember I did really well. :D

Also, Tar (silenced), OMA, Stun, Claymores, SP, and Ninja Pro FTW!

RJNavarrete said:
My highest earned XP in a match thus far...

pix

Don't remember what challenges I completed and whatnot, but I do remember I did really well. :D

Also, Tar (silenced), OMA, Stun, Claymores, SP, and Ninja Pro FTW!
I got about 45k from a match a week or two back. 500 kills for SCAR (10k for normal challenge, 10k from prestige version of it), Hardline challenge (10k) and maybe something else. Plus match bonus.

It happens once in a blue moon, but when you complete a few challenges in one game and your XP bar fills up it feels good. Especially on later levels when it's 60/70k for one level.

Jrmint

aku:jiki said:
Here's something totally different; commentary by a girl!

XoUrBrownEyedGirloX 30-4 FFA

Isn't she just beyond adorable? She says she started gaming with MW1, bought her first console and played Infamous as her second game ever...yet she's pulling 30-4 FFA's. Clearly, she's a liar - I've been gaming for 20 years and it took me months of intense play to get decent at MW2! :lol :lol

That's the best thing I've heard today, and perfectly true. :lol
That was awesome lol.

I love the very beginning when she nails those 2 people with the throwing knife, good stuff.

Xux

Another one: why can you pull out the M93's as fast as a handgun? Pretty sure they just fucked up and just slapped some of the handgun code in there, thus allowing them to be used in Last Stand and pulling them out much faster than any other machine pistol. Can't be intentional - the M93's are fucking insane and should have more drawbacks.

Well, the M93's a modified design of the M9...just like the G18's a modified design of the G17 pistol. Even better, the gun in the last stand perk emblem thing is a glock of some kind.

M93 comes out slower than the other pistols but having it as your secondary causes you to put away your primary as fast as a pistol causes you to. Just being anal and technical.

I wish I had a cute sounding Irish girl to play COD with.

backflip10019 said:
:lol :lol That was actually leaps and bounds funnier than I thought it would be.

I like how in the video IW is essentially saying that their maps get boring really quickly.

Thats not fair. Its just that people play the game too much!

What's everyone on GAF's best game winner?

It may not be the best ever, but getting the game winning kill in Last Stand with akimbo Magnums was pretty kickass :lol

By the way, can anyone tell me how I completed Last Stand VI (100 kills with Last Stand), but the prestige challenge only shows 97/100 kills with Last Stand? What's the difference?

Tamanon said:
You probably have, but I imagine most girls playing MW2 don't use headsets.

Yeah...sadly the average XBL gamer is enough of a dickhead without girls in the lobby. If a girl were to come in, it'd be a constant stream of "SHOWMEURTITS."

Ugh. Sometimes I am embarrassed to be a gamer.

Xux

ZZMitch said:

It's the last Thursday (the day the PSN store updates) of April and it's exactly thirty days after the 360 release. Seems like an okay estimate of a PS3 release.

ZZMitch

Xux said:
It's the last Thursday (the day the PSN store updates) of April and it's exactly thirty days after the 360 release. Seems like an okay estimate of a PS3 release.

Oh, alright, forgot about the PS3 and its delay.

Xux

ZZMitch said:
Oh, alright, forgot about the PS3 and its delay.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. It'll be cool when the third map pack comes and its a simultaneous release.

Or maybe we'll get one of those expansion things they mentioned before launch.

Or maybe COD7'll be out by then and they'll've stopped working on this one (even though its a different team.)

Continuing the team hatred, I have to ask what kind of retard you are if you still run out the fastest window on Highrise. How can you possibly own and play a copy of this game and be oblivious to the fact that you're either gonna get sniped, or you're gonna totally ruin your team's sniper's chances of picking the other team's guy off which will probably lead to them getting a point advantage early on? God damn it, why are gamers so fucking stupid!

Also, I really want to think I'm paranoid here, but I swear that unlimited UAV hack is becoming pretty huge pretty fast. I'm seeing way too many killcams where I had Cold-Blooded, Ninja and silenced weapons and I'm coming up a guy who's been staring straight ahead for a good 20 seconds...only to have him violently turn around and blast me out of nowhere. The thing that's really convincing me is that I ran into at least half a dozen guys rocking gold Deagles tonight. IW had damn well better adress this, and really fucking fast. Most gamebreaking glitch yet.

Xux said:
M93 comes out slower than the other pistols but having it as your secondary causes you to put away your primary as fast as a pistol causes you to. Just being anal and technical.
What? I've never heard of secondaries altering your primary's drop time... Every weapon has a pull and drop time and that's that as far as I know.

dchavez said:
For a second, I didn't realize that this is obviously made by some ad agency and not IW themselves... If I hadn't, I would've ranted about how can they play the game so much to get the ad spot on, but not fix all the annoyances? How can you know about the cockpit camping but not rage at all the noobtubing? Ok, so I ranted a little anyway. :lol

Belfast said:
Oh, that Irish accent. <3
The best part is how she says "Paavlo." :D

Xux

What? I've never heard of secondaries altering your primary's drop time... Every weapon has a pull and drop time and that's that as far as I know.

Yeah: http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

"Drop Time" is the time it takes to put away a weapon to draw the other one.
"Raise Time" is the time it takes for that other weapon to be prepared to fire.
Combine the Drop of the weapon you switch from with the Raise of the weapon you switch to.
When switching to a Handgun, all weapons use QuickDropTime, only 0.25 seconds.
The M93 Raffica is also treated as a Handgun and benefits from QuickDrop as well.

The best part is how she says "Paavlo." :D

Yeah, that was pretty delightful.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Continuing the team hatred, I have to ask what kind of retard you are if you still run out the fastest window on Highrise. How can you possibly own and play a copy of this game and be oblivious to the fact that you're either gonna get sniped, or you're gonna totally ruin your team's sniper's chances of picking the other team's guy off which will probably lead to them getting a point advantage early on? God damn it, why are gamers so fucking stupid!

Meh, if you sprint fast enough you can get out of the first window before there are snipers and can rush to their spawn :D more than a 1point advantage if you ask me.

Maximus.

wow had a sick game today, just got an ac130, chopper gunner and emp all in one game. The ac130 and emp were from care packages :lol good game.

snack

Fraull said:
wow had a sick game today, just got an ac130, chopper gunner and emp all in one game. The ac130 and emp were from care packages :lol good game.

I've never picked up an AC130 or an EMP from a care package. Damn, you lucky. :lol

Maximus.

snack said:
I've never picked up an AC130 or an EMP from a care package. Damn, you lucky. :lol

ive gotten 10 ac130s, 11 emps and 15 choppers from carepackages. checked my killstreak challenges-i know this because i never equiped ac130s or emps.

Got 5 kills of a pred yesterday on Terminal (TDM). I was on the roof above the control room. The other team were spawning out on the tarmac.

Unfortunately I then lost my streak at 10-0 and finished 28-11 which wasn't too clever given my start.

zam

user_nat said:
That ad made me think.. I don't think think I have ever encountered a female playing MW2.
Me and aku:jiki encountered a girl last night, who would just be sitting camping the same corner in Skidrow with dual smg:s and played terrible. After the game we told the player (not knowing it was a girl) to stop camping and her entourage of 5 white knights immediately attacked us. She was on our team the next game which lead to a stream of abuse from her along the lines as "Fucking foreigner" and "Go back to your own country" <- this one made me lol.

nbraun80

I'm not surprised if most guys that play don't use a headset, I know a few and you can't imagine the number of friend requests they get when they start talking, it's sad really. Although there are some that like the attention and have a name like #1gamergirl or something to bring the attention.

Also I had probably my best game today. It was on wasteland ground war(domination), and I went 52-11-13. I had my noobtube kit on because people like to swarm into the hole, so I sat outside it and fired tubes into it. I had predator-harrier-emergency airdrop on, and I probably woiuldn't have gotten that high if it wasn't for the other team refusing to shoot down my harrier and then Pavelow(from the Emergency drop). Looking back I could have really cleaned house if I would have had chopper gunner on instead of the air drop....

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tonight is making up for Sunday when I couldn't get a decent connection to save my life. I just ran off games of 31-4, 12-1, 23-1, 12-7, and 29-5 in TDM.

So today I was playing search and destroy and was using a riot shield. This guy walks in front of me using a machine gun and he starts shooting, moving real weird. So I kill him and went to pick up his gun and it said that it had a "explosive bullets" attachment. WTF is that all about? I've never heard of it.

Hanmik

Sometimes you just meet whole teams of noobs. Yesterday I was playing HQ on wasteland, it came up in Mosh Pit. I chose my "RUN" setup.

UMP45 silenced.
Magnum + tac knife.
Semtex + smoke.
Marathon pro, Lightweight pro and Commando Pro.

and The first HQ was the one between the destroyed cars. I run up to it and see the other team is allready there. So I just go prone and take them of one by one. My team takes it´s place at the HQ, and I just stay prone in the same place. The other team just keeps running past me (2 of them ran over me). And I take them all out without them firing a single shot at me. I get the predator and kill 2 with that (still in the same place), I get my harriers, but hold on to it. The HQ goes offline, and I drop my harriers at the next HQ, taking out 4 with the initial launch of my Harrier. I get the choppergunner and launch it. I am still at the same place. Take out the team again. I´m bored so I kill myself with the Chopper. My K/D is now 21-1.. :lol
The game goes on and the other team captures a couple of HQ´s. And I get some kills. When the same HQ comes up I do exactly the same, and I get the Choppergunner again. But this time I kill myself by accident (not on purpose like the first time).
We win and my score at the end is 63-9. :lol And that was by using the runner setup ond the big ass sniper level called wasteland..

next up is Highrise against the same team, this time it is Capture your momma ehh sorry The Flag.. And I capture the flag 4 times (with the "Run" setup), without even dying once. And I only got 2 kills during that period. After that I just run around killing people, no need to go for the flag again, because they start to camp for their life... (why? they need to capture our flag to win the game?) .. Again I end up on top with a score 2000 points higher then the next on my team, and 4000 higher than the best on their team.

Later I joined some other servers with my Clan, and I get some good rounds (not as good as these 2 I just mentioned), and some realy bad rounds, like I´m used to. :D

zam

salva said:
So today I was playing search and destroy and was using a riot shield. This guy walks in front of me using a machine gun and he starts shooting, moving real weird. So I kill him and went to pick up his gun and it said that it had a "explosive bullets" attachment. WTF is that all about? I've never heard of it.
instead of FMJ the MG4 gets explosive bullets.

Xux said:
Nice, thanks for the info! :D

zam said:
Me and aku:jiki encountered a girl last night, who would just be sitting camping the same corner in Skidrow with dual smg:s and played terrible. After the game we told the player (not knowing it was a girl) to stop camping and her entourage of 5 white knights immediately attacked us. She was on our team the next game which lead to a stream of abuse from her along the lines as "Fucking foreigner" and "Go back to your own country" <- this one made me lol.
Best part was how they kept going back to how we were dirty immigrants, even though we had long established that we do not live in Britain. Every time they ran out of insults, out came "dirty paki!" or whatever, yet we were the annoying ones because we kept calling them fucking stupid. What's that old saying about not arguing with an idiot again? :lol

natedog4000 said:
I'm not surprised if most guys that play don't use a headset, I know a few and you can't imagine the number of friend requests they get when they start talking, it's sad really. Although there are some that like the attention and have a name like #1gamergirl or something to bring the attention.
Me and z4m play have a girl in our crew and what happens most often is that random guys will tell the "10-y/o boy" to shut up. She just laughs it off, but I'm sure not all girls feel that happy about that one.

Me and z4m play have a girl in our crew and what happens most often is that random guys will tell the "10-y/o boy" to shut up. She just laughs it off, but I'm sure not all girls feel that happy about that one.

Friends only chat, bro. It's the only way I roll.

Yes, I know that there are time that it restricts me unnecessarily, but I'd rather avoid the shitty lobby drama. I suppose I could just mute the obnoxious ones, but I don't have the patience for all that.

kilongs

Whenever my friends and I are playing we usually go party chat. I set my audio to both speakers and headset. Party chat via headset and Game chat via speakers, cuz sometimes the lobby drama is god damn funny.

cameltoe

Foliorum Viridum said:

thats not possible in S&D...you cannot call in an airstrike of any kind at the start of a round. There is a 5 second wait

Top Bottom