• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nizz

iamcool388 said:
Just to follow up, the guy didnt pull through. Didnt pick up my calls for 30 fucking minutes, and then said he was all out of them. Fucker.

Now I have no alternative but to study. FML. :lol
Aww man. At least you'll get it on the 10th, right? The wait for me is gonna be a little harder, the 16th.

fps fanatic said:
Aww man. At least you'll get it on the 10th, right? The wait for me is gonna be a little harder, the 16th.

Why? Is it not releasing on the 10th where you live, or are you just getting it a week late?

Edit: You are not doing your screen name justice!

Dabanton

MMaRsu said:
Meh... I was going to buy it used but I just decided against it anyway. I'd rather play something I enjoy now than later. It would be better to buy it used in my opinion ( money wise and I hate Activision wise ) but whatever.

I know I seem like a fool after that thread I made and I can't blame anyone for thinking that!

:lol :lol You couldn't even hold out a week or two, you'll be their first day game in hand, after all your pissing and moaning.

Nizz

iamcool388 said:
Why? Is it not releasing on the 10th where you live, or are you just getting it a week late?

Edit: You are not doing your screen name justice!
:lol What happened is I pre-ordered the game from Amazon, that $20.00 credit is a sweet deal for me (will probably use it to get Mirror's Edge). But since money's so tight (which means I have none) I went with the super saver shipping which means free shipping for me.

Thing is, instead of the normal 3-5 day ship time, it's 5-9 days. The e-mail they sent me said the estimated date I should get the game is the 16th.

The game will be mine, I just have to wait a little longer. ;)

Dynamic3

Minamu said:
rtj53t.gif

No they don't. Not in this way. Yes, you could keep UAVs & Airstrikes between rounds in cod4 but you needed to have earned them first. Now you can get 2+3 kills in between different rounds & thus earn the same rewards. It's not the same!

/meltdown

Edit: Doesn't this mean that it's theoretically possible to earn nukes in S&D even though the kill requirement is really tight?

Thanks for spoiling one of the killstreaks.

Dynamic3

AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh shut the fuck up, junior. There's no such thing as a goddamn multiplayer spoiler.

Do you have a legitimate problem with me not being a member for at least 60 days or are you just an insecure little girl?

zoukka

When the fuck did GAF become pussified with the ridiculous spoiler tenderness?!

Aeris dies.
Snake doesn't.
Isaac is a necrophiliac.

Now those are some manly spoilers.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
DOO13ER said:
Because apparently it's ok to troll this game.
u mad? Any amount of trolling won't change the fact that this game will a: be awesome, and b: sell millions.

lets try and get this shit back on track.

Is there anyone here that has gotten some play time with the multiplayer? Just looking for some impressions on the new guns.

Nizz

Aren't IW going to reset the rankings closer to launch? So people getting the game now would be back at zero?

Although they'll have an advantage of knowing their way around some of the maps already..

nib95

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
Thanks for spoiling one of the killstreaks.

Lol. If that's your stance on spoilers, you better do yourself a favour and leave this thread at least until a few days after the game has been released. Common sense no?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
YuriLowell said:
Because one is not paid by activision marketing.

Wow, people get paid for this shit? I need to phone up Arc System Works AND Atlus.

dorkimoe

i was gonna cancel the prestige and get regular

but someone assured me they work great :p

hate you activision

dallow_bg

nods at old men
TheAzRim said:
early ps3 copies on ebay
Thanks, I got in on one just before he ran out. And for less than retail to boot!

According to his feedback, I should get it by Thursday/Friday.

This is good as I wanted time to get the SP out of the way before MP, and now I can rank up with everyone.

Dynamic3

brain_stew said:
This is sarcasm right, because if this isn't sarcasm, well.......................

Yes it was obviously sarcasm, although it apparently went over a few heads. If I was truly worried about spoilers I wouldn't have came in this thread.

sh10151

Neo Member
I didn't realize that they could reset the levels of people. I guess that's means our MP profiles are stored server-side.

F#A#Oo

Banned
TescoDirect will be sending out the game Monday for those who pre-ordered. Meaning earliest delivery will be the 12th.

I'll be picking it up midnight at Tesco 24/7 store for £44.99. When the pre-order arrives I'll get my £44.99 refund by returning the preordered copy with my midnight release receipt...I preordered at £35.00.

They even charge £5 for delivery but send it out 1st class not courier. Wankers...

WTF?!

OT just got locked.

Anyone see the UK TV ad? Embarassing shit that makes Michael Bay movies look like a Hitchcock. Eminem soundtrack and all. Stay classy Activision!

F#A#Oo

Banned
LabouredSubterfuge said:
WTF?!

OT just got locked.

Anyone see the UK TV ad? Embarassing shit that makes Michael Bay movies look like a Hitchcock. Eminem soundtrack and all. Stay classy Activision!

What channel?

sh10151 said:
I didn't realize that they could reset the levels of people. I guess that's means our MP profiles are stored server-side.

I believe in MW1 it was server side for consoles and the opposite on PC. I know a couple of friends who had to replace HDD's and lost everything they'd unlocked.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
According to a Wal-Mart ad I just saw, "the best way to play MW2 is on Xbox360!"

Well shit I only own a ps3...fuck now I have to buy a system too!?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
tapedeck said:
According to a Wal-Mart ad I just saw, "the best way to play MW2 is on Xbox360!"

Well shit I only own a ps3...fuck now I have to buy a system too!?

no freaking wonder those 360's will be on sale for $100 starting on the 7th I think lol ($100 gift card given with an arcade sys purchase, theres a topic about it on the main page)

Spy

Spy said:
Noooo, I missed it.

I notice someone is shipping the game out tomorrow but based off the shipping details it's saying the soonest I will get it is in 5 days if I chose express shipping? I've never used Ebay before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Playstation-3-2009_W0QQitemZ270479816786
In case anyone was wondering about this, I ordered my copy right after my original post and it shipped already. The guy told me I'll receive it on the 6th but I'm hoping for Thursday.

Top Bottom