• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nizz

I wonder if the PS3 version's cover will have the new look with the border on top and new PS3 logo?

SundaySounds said:
Is it true that it's going to be 40 bones on black friday?
Where did you hear this? To tell the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, with all the sales lately.

Kibbles

Spy said:
In case anyone was wondering about this, I ordered my copy right after my original post and it shipped already. The guy told me I'll receive it on the 6th but I'm hoping for Thursday.
What shipping did you order? I'm not going to pay $25 shipping to get it a few days early, especially since the leaderboards are just going to get reset anyways (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong).

He has the 360 version too and is selling it with UPS Ground. Would that be faster?

Kibbles said:
What shipping did you order? I'm not going to pay $25 shipping to get it a few days early, especially since the leaderboards are just going to get reset anyways (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong).

[edit] Oh shit, it's the PS3 version. I can't get it anyways. :lol

Why dont you order it from amazon then and get your $20 gift card?

SundaySounds said:
Is it true that it's going to be 40 bones on black friday?

If you preorder it now on Amazon, they'll give you a $20 credit towards your next game purchase. It's almost the same thing :D

Edit: beaten

Dabanton

EmCeeGramr said:
WTF? Why does this fake thread get to stay open when the official one gets locked?

Because the other one while funny is just going to be derailed again and again.

I'm sure the MW2 detractors can have fun in that thread.

Dabanton

tapedeck said:
According to a Wal-Mart ad I just saw, "the best way to play MW2 is on Xbox360!"

Well shit I only own a ps3...fuck now I have to buy a system too!?

Over here in the Uk it's the same sort of thing i've seen three massive billboards today for the game with the Xbox 360 special edition plastered all over it.

MMaRsu

Dabanton said:
:lol :lol You couldn't even hold out a week or two, you'll be their first day game in hand, after all your pissing and moaning.

Well I honestly could, but I don't feel like it :p. If I'm going to play it anyway might as well get it first day I guess.

:p. I mean I got a shitload of good games lying around here, Forza 3, Borderlands, Tekken 6 coming this week, Pure, Eternal Sonata that I still need to finish but I can juggle :p.

Spy

Kibbles said:

He has the 360 version too and is selling it with UPS Ground. Would that be faster?
I paid the $25 shipping, HYPE.

ZZMitch

MMaRsu said:
Well I honestly could, but I don't feel like it :p. If I'm going to play it anyway might as well get it first day I guess.

:p. I mean I got a shitload of good games lying around here, Forza 3, Borderlands, Tekken 6 coming this week, Pure, Eternal Sonata that I still need to finish but I can juggle :p.

:p :p :p :p :p :p words :p

nib95

Banned
zoukka said:
When the fuck did GAF become pussified with the ridiculous spoiler tenderness?!

Aeris dies.
Snake doesn't.
Isaac is a necrophiliac.

Now those are some manly spoilers.

Lol awesome post.

Anyway, anyone have a link to the airport leaked gameplay? is it even allowed to be posted? I think it's important this scene stays in the public eye. I'd love to have some discussions with GAF'ers over it. maybe via some sort of podcast or something.

Kibbles said:

He's shipping from Cali. UPS ground is usually 3 days to Jersey, that's coast to coast. If they ship it Wednesday, it'll come Monday. USPS Priority is 2-3 days, so it's possible to get it by Friday / Saturday since USPS does Saturday delivery. Just giving you an idea of delivery times if you are near the east coast.

Dabanton

Well i hope the other thread has set a precedent,I'm sure when another big game comes out can make a nice jokey OP,i'm sure some of you guys would love that or would you moan if it was a game you were anticipating?

I wonder...

Dabanton said:
Well i hope the other thread has set a precedent,I'm sure when another big game comes out can make a nice jokey OP,i'm sure some of you guys would love that or would you moan if it was a game you were anticipating?

I wonder...

I would love it.

cameltoe

Dolla Dolla said:
He's shipping from Cali. UPS ground is usually 3 days to Jersey, that's coast to coast. If they ship it Wednesday, it'll come Monday. USPS Priority is 2-3 days, so it's possible to get it by Friday / Saturday since USPS does Saturday delivery. Just giving you an idea of delivery times if you are near the east coast.

express is overnight no?

Today while I was working at Wal-Mart I noticed that we had gotten the special Edition 360 consoles in. I would assume the games are there as well.

Question guys, I used a the ACOG a lot in COD4, mainly with the M4. I've seen a few videos showing a scope with the Intervention. It doesn't sway and has a dot sight which I love, but it doesn't seem to magnify at all which I don't like. It just looks like another RDS, except it'll block your view more so then the regular RDS. Is this the ACOG and if not then will the ACOG still provide a 2x zoom with the same dot sight and less sway like the thing on the Intervention.

Omikron

Not sure if anyone has posted this before... had a quick flick through the thread...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=431430

Has the transcript of the bestbuy chat with IW about MW2.... some interesting responses. :lol

The hosting thing sounds horrible to be frank, users can't even specify which person in a game hosts, excellent IW, you just assumed everyone has the same connection and aren't smart enough to decide out of a group of friends, who is the best person to host. :lol

Magik

dagZ said:
there is no such thing as unranked and ranked in multiplayer, and the only time you can use party chat is in mercenaries team deathmatch, free for all, and third person games.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Are you serious? What bullshit is this?

What on Earth were MS/IW thinking with such bullshit?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This stream dude has really been putting on a hell of a show for the past hour and more - getting me even more hyped and hopeful that the game arrives tomorrow after all!

Tzeentch

Laugh
Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vince-IW
We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

-- Bet money that's the answer regarding party chat as well. Suck it up scrubs, It's The Way It's Meant to Be Played (tm).

Top Bottom