• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

You'd think Microsoft would get off their asses for the biggest game of all time. But then again, they dragged their feet on all patches so far. Oh well. I'm at work all day today :) Nothing lost for me.

Manus

Well this sucks, I just woke up and downloading them and just found out about this. Why couldn't have they launched this update yesterday?

Screw you Microsoft.

itsgreen

Mother. Fucker.

I didn't want the fricking map pack for 15$ and now I cant even fucking play the game proper?

And to be honest, I mean I know stuff happens. But when you claim to have the superior service and ask money while your competitors don't (yet).

You better give me my online gaming!

Mystery

If I could get into a game, it would be nice. "Communication with the Xbox LIVE servers has been interrupted." "Unable to join game session."

REV 09

got the patch, but the game still won't let me join a match. I keep getting server errors.

Also, i don't have the DLC yet, but they've just segmented the playlists to Stimulus and HC Stimilus with a variety of gametypes in both. I'm not sure if the stimulus maps will come up during regular playlists, but if they don't then i'll probably pass on the map pack.

would like to hear impressions though.

REV 09 said:
Also, i don't have the DLC yet, but they've just segmented the playlists to Stimulus and HC Stimilus with a variety of gametypes in both. I'm not sure if the stimulus maps will come up during regular playlists, but if they don't then i'll probably pass on the map pack.

Even if they don't right now, for the sake of showing off the new maps, they definitely will eventually.

lionelhutz

SteveO409 said:
Nah, only 2 playlsits for DLC. Regular variety of game modes and a hardcore version

Fuck. That's bullshit. How do they not have a TDM only? It's the most popular mode in the game.

Moden Warfail 2 confirmed.

Just downloaded the update without getting the maps, which I'm still on the fence about/broke. I cant seem to even start a private match to test OMA. My gamertag comes up but the level and icon don't show in front of my gamertag. Cant even look at my title or emblem either.

OK, tried it out on Storm (which looks nice).

You seem to still be able to use OMA as much as you want. No restrictions whatsoever.

Edit, yep. Just used OMA more than 10 times in a row. Nothing new.

Patrick Bateman said:
OK, tried it out on Storm (which looks nice).

You seem to still be able to use OMA as much as you want. No restrictions whatsoever.

2z3qadw.gif

lionelhutz said:
Fuck. That's bullshit. How do they not have a TDM only? It's the most popular mode in the game.

Moden Warfail 2 confirmed.

I'm with you on this. No straight up TDM? I don't want to do capture the flag and that other BS.

Okay, so they have to have done something to OMA. They kept saying they were - can anybody figure out what they really did?

SailorDaravon said:
So how is double XP working, is it just on kills, or?

It should be double for everything except challenges.

TacticalFox88 said:
So...why did this shitty game still get 10's and 9's from the media again?

yeah after all this dlc shenaniganery that happened tonight i can't believe they gave it such high scores last november

ShOcKwAvE

They can't somehow limit your ammo when using OMA - that defeats the entire purpose. To balance tubers, they'd have to decrease the damage or range or something.

Neverender said:
yeah after all this dlc shenaniganery that happened tonight i can't believe they gave it such high scores last november
:lol
These maps better be in Groundwar real soon. It's the only gametype I play.

Mystery

I just finished a Domination on Bailout. It's a really good map, actually. A lot of windows and good vantage points, and the flags are in really good positions.

Najaf

Major Nelson's twitter: "It may take a few mins for you to get the update, or for it to work properly. Once things get in order all should be fine."

Or for it to work properly? I'm a bit confused.

MrDaravon

I also couldn't get into the new playlists, I'd sit in a lobby looking for a game then get various errors.

Only thing that really sucks is Party Chat is not allowed in the Stimulus playlists, and I play almost exclusively with large groups in Party Chat (Ground War obviously), so that sucks.

SailorDaravon said:
Only thing that really sucks is Party Chat is not allowed in the Stimulus playlists, and I play almost exclusively with large groups in Party Chat (Ground War obviously), so that sucks.

I was afraid of that. My group is going to have to just rely on friends-only chat to make it work.

Ugh. The "no party chat" shit really is annoying.

MrDaravon

divisionbyzorro said:
I was afraid of that. My group is going to have to just rely on friends-only chat to make it work.

Ugh. The "no party chat" shit really is annoying.

Seriously; MW2 was the game that finally had me change my settings to Friends Only. You would think by this point they would have realized that removing Party Chat as an option doesn't make people work together, it just pisses people off and they don't plug in their headsets at all.

Aside from that, I did poke around Bailout in a Private Match, looks pretty neat.

Sanic

Najaf said:
Major Nelson's twitter: "It may take a few mins for you to get the update, or for it to work properly. Once things get in order all should be fine."

Or for it to work properly? I'm a bit confused.

He's probably just being careful and making sure all bases are covered.

Veritas_

corkscrewblow said:
This happens to me all the time on PS3 :lol

Tell me about it. We can only do so much for our team.

The apparent lack of OMA fix is a little disappointing. Had two games today with players running around spewing grenade launchers like it was going out of style.

Top Bottom