• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

People complained about frame drops in the PS3 version of the last game yet most seemed to never notice.

It barely matters with a game with so much friggin auto aim :lol

Cataferal said:
Amazon UK have dropped the PS360 price to £32, for those still on the bench. It's now less than the PC version.

Link here.

It doesn't look like any other retailers (gameplay, play, game) are following suit, so it may be an error.

Act fast and wise.

Don't worry about it being an error. Ever since Sainsbury's dropped the bombshell of £26 PS3/360 everyone in retail has been jittery, like Cold War finger-on-the-button jittery. Even Makros are dropping to £20 with a voucher from the website.

Sadly there are no 24hr Supermarkets here so I'm stuck with £40-50 in Gamestation tonight. Bastards.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Jtyettis said:
Nice, no headset though? Have they pulled the headset from all SKUs? I would hope not.

Not sure about old arcade models but the one i bought on saturday didn't have a headset or hd cables.

Torgo

So, anyone that got the game early, the Prestige Edition specifically:

Do the "My 1st Night Vision Goggles" even work? Are the batteries included? If not, what do they take?

Heading to Games top in a few hours for the midnight launch :D

I know this is probably a stupid complaint, but the "normal" boxart for MW2 is so crappy.

Modern Warfare (COD4) had a great contrast with steel lettering and the computer screen green effect for the text type and an interesting, eye catching background image.
This one's background just looks bland and like boring desert hell and the text is poorly composed and has way, way too much drop-shadow.

The Hardened cover is much more evocative. Fuck you Activision.

freitax

Proper comparison

original.jpg

original.jpg

I can't spot any difference:OO seems like a great port, now about that framerate, any info?

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
cultofweaver said:
Don't worry about it being an error. Ever since Sainsbury's dropped the bombshell of £26 PS3/360 everyone in retail has been jittery, like Cold War finger-on-the-button jittery. Even Makros are dropping to £20 with a voucher from the website.

Sadly there are no 24hr Supermarkets here so I'm stuck with £40-50 in Gamestation tonight. Bastards.

That's amazing, confusing and disheartening all at the same time. I paid £42 at Gameplay thinking I'd found the best deal. It's about worth what I've paid, but still...

Great game though.

Struct09

Pctx said:
Are most of you guys getting it tonight/tomorrow morning?

I just can't justify paying $60 bucks for a game that in a couple of weeks will be $40 bucks. Still gonna be tough to wait though.

As already stated, it took forever for COD4 to drop in price and it's still over $40. That fact makes the Amazon $20 gift card deal even more appealing.

Violater said:
Has Amazon shipped for anyone yet?

*reads above, starts biting nails* not really

I know somebody else said it but I just want to reiterate. Amazon ships its release day games very late in the day on Monday, at least past 3:00PM, and sometimes as late as 6:00-7:00 PM EST. If you don't have a shipping confirmation by 8PM, panic. Until then, you're fine.

Dabanton

cultofweaver said:

Dude unless your ultra desperate just get it in the morning, Sainsbury's opens at 7.00am. £26 Vs £45+ is a pretty big pisstake.

KennyLinder said:
The frame drops are occuring. You aren't seeing them. Or, you don't know what they are.

I am fully aware of what frame drops are, I am simply stating that if they are occurring that they are not noticeable. Sorry if this upset you.

h3ro

Struct09 said:
As already stated, it took forever for COD4 to drop in price and it's still over $40. That fact makes the Amazon $20 gift card deal even more appealing.

As I stated before, both CoD4 and WaW were available for $35 to $40 during mid-late December during sales on Amazon as well as a Black Friday deal at BestBuy (not sure exactly which retailer it was). So though the MSRP won't drop for a while, retailers have been known to put these titles on sale quickly.

I went with the Amazon deal for my brother as a gift since I make most of my gaming pickups off of Amazon. I can see how someone would rather wait and pay $40 cash instead of $60 now and then wait for a discount on something else if they don't make many purchases online.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
PC online play impressions:

Games graphics is awsome.

Online is shit for me so far.

Its the same setup as Xbox360.... right down to no ping just the 5 green bar strenght level crap....

Have tried to play 15 games only played 3 so far..

Host quits , Time outs , Host quits during game , players quit before timer finishes and start wait all over again... blah blah....

Gonna try and play again..

Good luck to others.

Just over six hours until I got this baby in my hand. Jesus it's been hard avoiding reading everything in this thread and spoiling it for myself.

I don't even know what most of the perk changes are yet. :D

Violater

ALeperMessiah said:
I know somebody else said it but I just want to reiterate. Amazon ships its release day games very late in the day on Monday, at least past 3:00PM, and sometimes as late as 6:00-7:00 PM EST. If you don't have a shipping confirmation by 8PM, panic. Until then, you're fine.

Thanks.
I'm fine either way, so much work I prob wont get to dive in until friday, I was just feeling left out of the release day hype train. :lol

quaere

Violater said:
Thanks.
I'm fine either way, so much work I prob wont get to dive in until friday, I was just feeling left out of the release day hype train. :lol
Amazon shipped mine about an hour ago.

Captain N

Struct09 said:

not only that, but prime members get it tomorrow. I just might picked this up now. thanks for the heads up.

A good while ago IW asked on their twitter for suggestions for features or something along those lines. When thinking about the dashboard update, I vaguely remembered something about Facebook integration, anyone care to recap on that?

ALeperMessiah said:

Also: a pending charge on your credit card means it's leaving that day. I woke up to see it in my account, which means it should be in my hands tomorrow : )

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Amazon just put my PS3 Prestige Edition ( Release-Date Delivery) as "Shipping Soon" :D

still nothing on my Xbox 360 regular edition tho

Nightz

Just made a nice $80 selling my PS3 version. I double dipped with the intention of playing both versions, but after playing the 360 version extensively over the weekend and with the news that stuff might not get reset, I'll just stick to one version.

grif1020 said:
Box versions have to be verified through Steam as well. No PC version of the game can be played until tomorrow when Steam allows it. Officially that is.

Yet people are playing it online on PC and posting pics as proof.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BattleMonkey said:
Yet people are playing it online on PC and posting pics as proof.

That's why I said "officially." Obviously some people found a way around it but the guy posting pictures didn't have the proper NAT type settings and how many people are playing the PC version already? I take his "finding game" complaints with a grain of salt. I hate the lack of dedicated server issue as much as the next person, but I don't think that finding games will be that difficult as this guy is claiming once the game is out officially.

cresto

Asking again:

Are there any good deals (other than Toy'R'Us' $20 Gift card) for any non-preordered games? I want back up in case the toys r us runs out.

Top Bottom