• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Az

Nachkebia said:
btw my stats also got reseted, maybe it has to do something with my save file but now I am level 1 :D

so they are resetting now? can people make up their mind

bjscott05

My stats are still active so I don't really know what's going on

Edit
now says "communication with activision servers interrupted"

Nachkebia

Banned
TheAzRim said:
so they are resetting now? can people make up their mind

Look I was playing my first game, leveled up to 4, then I got disconected but I stll was 4, day later I log on and I am 1, so fuck knows...

Assembly Required said:
...smearing strawberry jam. One television at a time, IW.

Sir! The radar, sir! It appears to be jammed!

jamradar.jpg

ocd-spaceballs-radar-technician--20080305054918145-000.jpg

I've got fucking butterflys in my stomach.

God I can't wait to get out of work and go stand in line. LOL

I plan to be first person there in line and maybe one of the employees will show mercy on me and slip it to me early.

Pctx

Banned
Dax01 said:
CoD4 is still at $45. What in the world makes you think this will drop down to $40 in a couple of weeks?
Sources at Amazon indicate this is going to be a Black Friday deal w/ bonuses. I suppose though as the other member pointed out, picking it up off Amazon now, netting the credit and just use that for something else.

Anyways--- game looks impressive from everything coming out now.

Going to pick the game up in 3 hours at a midnight launch. I can't wait :3

Going to get some MP matches in and then I'll have to go to bed, sadly.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
dskillzhtown said:
I have been there. But the two times I did something like that, I regretted it the next day as a few hours really didn't make much of a difference.
amazon copy will probably not get here until tommorow at night. I have no class tommorow. So to me its worth it so I can play tonight.

Nachkebia said:
btw my stats also got reseted, maybe it has to do something with my save file but now I am level 1 :D
"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is THE LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Just beat the game, it was awesome but way to short (I beat it in 4 hours, was playing on easy though.)

The fact that it kicks you out of your party is fucking annoying, I feel like I'm being an asshole when I'm talking to my friends about what we are doing at the weekend when everyone else has to listen.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oh fuck, so some non-pirates ARE having stats reset? Or are the posters in this topic filthy, filthy software thieves?

So confused.

All I know is I don't like the "feel" of COD multiplayer as much as it's peers, so if my 7 hours of MP progress are gone I'm probably not going to go back.

bjscott05

GDJustin said:
Oh fuck, so some non-pirates ARE having stats reset? Or are the posters in this topic filthy, filthy software thieves?

So confused.

All I know is I don't like the "feel" of COD multiplayer as much as it's peers, so if my 7 hours of MP progress are gone I'm probably not going to go back.

uh I dont think you can even pirate on PS3

Lunchbox

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Next stop, overshields and 13-year-olds. :lol

what do you mean Next stop? go play cod4 now, its community is the worst.

thats why no party chat makes me mad, i was playing in a party last night with 5 people, the second we left the party there were 2 kids screaming at each other

Dipswitch

As of right now, Amazon has not shipped my 'Release day' delivery copy of MW2. If I do not get it tomorrow, I intend to punch the corporation known as Amazon directly in the tits.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Dipswitch said:
As of right now, Amazon has not shipped my 'Release day' delivery copy of MW2. If I do not get it tomorrow, I intend to punch the corporation known as Amazon directly in the tits.

People need to chill with the release date shipment worries. Amazon won't ship release day shipment copies until the night before a game's release.

They shipped my copy of Brutal Legend (release day shipping) on Monday night and I got it Tuesday in the early afternoon, no problem.

If you're able to get a game early before official release date, you should not be crying about losing your stats. Nobody forced you to play before official progress tracking is turned on.

J-Rzez

Good, hopefully they do have some common sense and reset everything after all. No offense to those who scored it way early, just leveling the playing field. But hey, at least you know the maps/mechanics, so you should advance at an accelerated rate.

Dipswitch said:
Chill out, you probably won't even get a tracking number till late tonight, but your game WILL be in tomorrow. I have had nothing but good experiences with release day shipping.
Edit: Beaten by Domino

Nachkebia

Banned
Kids grow up, nobody gives a shit about one hour level up stats, I just mentioned it same way others mentioned that they can not connect, I have ps3 version so piracybclaims are funny :D

Dabanton said:
Dude unless your ultra desperate just get it in the morning, Sainsbury's opens at 7.00am. £26 Vs £45+ is a pretty big pisstake.

By 24hr Supermarkets, what I should have said was Supermarkets. We've got a Tesco miles down the dual carriageway, but I am a commited pedestrian and don't want to die no matter how good it is. Other than that it's Waitrose, and being expensive communists, don't stock games. My choice is Gamestation, HMV or Blockbusters.

I don't think anyone has ever said these words before but, I really wish I still lived in Croydon.

Although if I did I'd probably get stabbed walking home with it anyway.

EDIT: Oh and I am really, really fucking desperate as well. This is like a hundred Christmas Eve's all rolled into one. THREE HOURS TO GO!!

GDJustin said:

So confused.

I'll admit as well, MW2 MP isn't quite as endearing as MW1. I can't put my finger on it. I've put in 11+ hrs myself, played all the modes, etc. I enjoy it bur I don't see myself playing for as long as I did COD4.

Chrange

Banned
Finally finished the game, just in time to be ready for multiplayer sessions with friends tonight :D

Amazing game, start to finish. A couple 'monster closet' moments here and there, but way better than MW was. They even topped the ending, which I didn't expect.

Accident said:

Meh, I kind of like the first one most.

Questions for anyone who has the game already:

Can you customize kill streaks for each individual class, or is it a universal kill streak list that applies to all classes?

Can you customize anything in-game? I would have thought this would be the next logical step for them to take with the classes and perks and all. There were plenty of times I needed a different setup based on what my opponents were doing in 4 but was shit out of luck. Maybe the new custom class slots you open by prestiging will alleviate some of this problem but it seems like a no brainer to me.

Dipswitch

darkressurection said:
Chill out, you probably won't even get a tracking number till late tonight, but your game WILL be in tomorrow. I have had nothing but good experiences with release day shipping.
Edit: Beaten by Domino

Your reassurances are of great consolation to me. I will now take a break from refreshing my Amazon 'Recent orders' page every 15 seconds :D

Dabanton

Dipswitch said:

People still trust Amazon to actually get the game to them on release day?:lol

Ok. So the game is fun, but the strawberry jam is ridiculous. Also, I'm doing the controversial level now, and all I keep being reminded of is everytime that annoying woman calls you up in Gears.

Top Bottom