• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

KennyLinder said:
For the people that are having Trophy unlock problems, are they ALL Trophies or just certain ones?
All.
An Infinity Ward employee came in here a few days ago and said that it's a bug in the current version (1.01) that sometimes causes trophies not to work on start-up of the game. You're basically rolling a dice every time you start the game with 1.01 installed.

So, if you want trophies: do not update (but you can't play multi).
If you don't care, then by all means... lol

Also, I just checked and my stats haven't been reset so.. I don't know what's up with that.

Dabanton said:
People still trust Amazon to actually get the game to them on release day?:lol
Hey Amazon release day shipping is fucking awesome. Beatles Rock Band, DJ Hero, Brutal Legend, and Uncharted 2 have all gotten to me on the day they came out.

Dipswitch

Chrange said:
Amazing game, start to finish. A couple 'monster closet' moments here and there, but way better than MW was. They even topped the ending, which I didn't expect.

Wow, lofty praise indeed. I just played through COD4 again this weekend to brush up on my skillz and was blown away again by how great the ending was in that game. Excitement level building.......

Sean

Banned
Dabanton said:

I purchase all my games Amazon release delivery (Prime) and have only had a single problem which was due to UPS.

Nizz

J-Rzez said:
Good, hopefully they do have some common sense and reset everything after all. No offense to those who scored it way early, just leveling the playing field. But hey, at least you know the maps/mechanics, so you should advance at an accelerated rate.
I agree. Hey, some guys got the game early, that's awesome. But at least they should give people who are getting the game on the official release date a chance to start dead even together with everyone else.

Good point in that people with earlier released copies have the advantage of being familiar with some of (if not all) the maps. At least I'll have to make up for having the game six days later instead of ten or whenever the game started getting out...

HooCares

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
I prestiged last time and immediately regretted it; I don't think I'll be going for that this time around.

There is nothing "Prestigious" about prestige-ing. They are more like CoD odometers.

-PXG-

Revolutionary said:
All.
An Infinity Ward employee came in here a few days ago and said that it's a bug in the current version (1.01) that sometimes causes trophies not to work on start-up of the game. You're basically rolling a dice every time you start the game with 1.01 installed.

So, if you want trophies: do not update (but you can't play multi).
If you don't care, then by all means... lol

Also, I just checked and my stats haven't been reset so.. I don't know what's up with that.

Lemme guess. Trophies aren't retro active?

rataplein

I'm having a hard time in Veteran. I never played COD4 in Veteran, but... is really unforgivable... is like, if i stick my head out, BAM, i'm dead. I'm taking things really slow... but, i know that there is gonna be some "impossible" levels.

Any tips?.

FrankT

Dabookerman said:
Ok. So the game is fun, but the strawberry jam is ridiculous. Also, I'm doing the controversial level now, and all I keep being reminded of is everytime that annoying woman calls you up in Gears.

I had a feeling this would be the case seeing all the videos beforehand. Whose idea was that? Terrible, do not want.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
What are the rewards for prestiging?

Didn't IW say there would be other unlockables for doing prestige?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dabanton said:
Every game I have gotten for release date shipping from amazon has come on release day.

rataplein said:
I'm having a hard time in Veteran. I never played COD4 in Veteran, but... is really unforgivable... is like, if i stick my head out, BAM, i'm dead. I'm taking things really slow... but, i know that there is gonna be some "impossible" levels.

Any tips?.

A huge pack of Valium.

-PXG- said:
Lemme guess. Trophies aren't retro active?
Actually, they are, surprisingly.

I missed out on the 8 star Spec Op trophy because I got the 8th star at a time when the trophies supposedly weren't working.. so I deleted the update, tried another Spec Ops mission, got another star and bam... 8 Star Spec Op Trophy (even though I now had 9).
Really surprised the shit out of me. Thought I would be assed out of that one forever.
But the "mission completion" trophies... yeah, you're going to have to run through them again if you want them.

Also, about the 'strawberry jam' thing... it was annoying at first but honestly, the kickback when you get hit annoys me much, much more. It is the ABSOLUTE worst when you're trying to take out a heli with an RPG, just to get snipped by a bullet from 5 miles away when you're about to take the shot (Veteran AI aim ftw), and end up shooting it into the stratosphere. Ugh.

Jtyettis said:
I had a feeling this would be the case seeing all the videos beforehand. Whose idea was that? Terrible, do not want.

It's just all gloopy and delicious looking. Distracts me from the objective. I don't think the soldiers would like it if the enemy shot bursts of jam at them, although there's an idea.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Cerrius said:
What are the rewards for prestiging?

Didn't IW say there would be other unlockables for doing prestige?

I would assume it's just those avatar/symbol things you can put by your name, along with accolades.

MThanded

Revolutionary said:
Actually, they are, surprisingly.

I missed out on the 8 star Spec Op trophy because I got the 8th star at a time when the trophies supposedly weren't working.. so I deleted the update, tried another Spec Ops mission, got another star and bam... 8 Star Spec Op Trophy (even though I now had 9).
Really surprised the shit out of me. Thought I would be assed out of that one forever.

Also, about the 'strawberry jam' thing... it was annoying at first but honestly, the kickback when you get hit annoys me much, much more. It is the ABSOLUTE worst when you're trying to take out a heli with an RPG, just to get snipped by a bullet from 5 miles away when you're about to take the shot (Veteran AI aim ftw), and end up shooting it into the stratosphere. Ugh.

The Jam and the kickback sound like the best thing to happen to fps in a long time. You cant take bullets and expect no side affects. Hopefully this will make players play more thoughtfully. If not thats fine, free kills for me.

So can anybody confirm that Sainsbury's are selling for £26? The nearest one is a few miles away and I don't own a car. Don't really want to trek over there if it's not worth it.

Chrange

Banned
Almost forgot - not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread. Once you finish the game, go back to Mission Select and choose the new
Museum
option.

When you start, don't hit the button. :lol

MThanded said:
The Jam and the kickback sound like the best thing to happen to fps in a long time. You cant take bullets and expect no side affects.
Sounds like, but it's really, really overdone. You'll see.

Nachkebia

Banned
MThanded said:
The Jam and the kickback sound like the best thing to happen to fps in a long time. You cant take bullets and expect no side affects. Hopefully this will make players play more thoughtfully. If not thats fine, free kills for me.

kickback is awesome indeed but jam, jam is wankery...

as mentioned its overdone, most of the time you die because you dont know wtf is happening, all you can do is fucking run and hide, while you do that your comrades kill everybody, also problem with jam is that even from one shot you get huge portion of jam :D

Scythian Empire said:
So can anybody confirm that Sainsbury's are selling for £26? The nearest one is a few miles away and I don't own a car. Don't really want to trek over there if it's not worth it.
It is because I bought it from there today for that price.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Re: stats and prestige -

I hit the 360 leaderboards last night and there's already ~1 dozen people through the first 70 levels and prestiging through the 2nd. One dude was mid 40s into the first prestige. Pretty nuts.

That was 12 hours ago, so there's probably way more, now.

MThanded

Revolutionary said:
Sounds like, but it's really, really overdone. You'll see.
shit :lol :lol I will probably be the first one to come back and say "I feel like I should have bought a jar of peanut butter with this game"

GDJustin said:
Re: stats and prestige -

I hit the 360 leaderboards last night and there's already ~1 dozen people through the first 70 levels and prestiging through the 2nd. One dude was mid 40s into the first prestige. Pretty nuts.

That was 12 hours ago, so there's probably way more, now.

I expect the 360 leaderboards to be reset too. Hopefully it happens. Pretty ridiculous lol

Raxus

NarcissisticJay said:
Special Ops can be solo or co op.. but what is the limit on the number of players?
2 for Spec ops
6 on 6 for regular TDM
and 9 on 9 for ground war.

2 spec op missions REQUIRE a second player.

Fox Mulder

rataplein said:

Any tips?.

Patience, as it has a lot to do with repeated attempts more than anything. I've beaten them all but CoD3 on veteran, and you just have to go checkpoint to checkpoint and learn where enemies are going to be shooting from. I just hope this isn't a greneade spamfest like WaW was on veteran.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
MThanded said:
I expect the 360 leaderboards to be reset too. Hopefully it happens. Pretty ridiculous lol

Well, the flipside is that the dude halfway through prestige 1 must have done it in no more than 5-7 days. So a reset is just wiping one week's worth of progress.

I can see how having lots of level 70s running around on the DAY of release can seem like a shitty deal. But even with a reset there will be tons of 70s within the week anyway. So I'm inclined to let those lucky enough to get an early copy keep their stats.

MW2 is going to be around for years, so ~1 week's worth of a head start is no big thing.

Dabookerman said:
It will definately be that price because there was an advert for it. So go to any store that sells games, be there early and bobs your uncle.
Just saw the advert during the flash forward ad break on channel 5. £26 is crazy considering all the outrage at the price a few months back. Cheapest game I can remember on release date.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Game Analyst said:
Thank you. Please let me know how it is once you have played it a bit.
Wondering this too, did they tweak it in any way or is it just a 1:1 port.

mbmonk

GDJustin said:
Well, the flipside is that the dude halfway through prestige 1 must have done it in no more than 5-7 days. So a reset is just wiping one week's worth of progress.

I can see how having lots of level 70s running around on the DAY of release can seem like a shitty deal. But even with a reset there will be tons of 70s within the week anyway. So I'm inclined to let those lucky enough to get an early copy keep their stats.

MW2 is going to be around for years, so ~1 week's worth of a head start is no big thing.

If the match making is of decent quality then it will keep the newer players away from those guys. We will see I guess.

dorkimoe

its more amazing that people are to lazy to get their fat asses to a store and buy the game, but then when their shipment is delayed or late they cry about it

(unless you are getting a killer deal on amazon)

Top Bottom