• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

venom2124 said:
The thing to remember about the nuke killstreak is that it has to be equipped. I'm probably going to use it once or twice, then switch to a setup that allows for longer killstreaks. Might go with predator missile, pave low, and chopper gunner for maximum kills instead of just ending the game. I really think the novelty of calling a nuke will wear off quickly and more players will go with a setup like I mentioned.

Exactly. They're forfeiting another really powerful (or often used smaller one) streak in order for the exceedingly rare chance to use the nuke.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
DaCocoBrova said:
Throw a grenade (single player) and hit an enemy in the head and they stumble. I was really high, but I know I saw it happen. Cool little touch that may or may not have been there in COD4/5 that I never noticed before.

I didn't experience that, but last night in MP I did kill a dude by bouncing a grenade off him. It wasn't the explosion that killed him. He rounded a corner and my grenade literally bounced off his head and he crumpled, giving me the kill. :lol

He must have been heavily injured to begin with.

zewone

DeuceMojo said:
Agreed. Check your friends list in COD4 and, depending on your friends, 75% of them probably have a kill streak that would've ended a match. Whatever. I knew MW2 was going to be a frat boy game. The video game equivalent of Jackass. The stupid jock of video games.

It had better fucking ROCK! :lol
I'm sure your friends got 25+ kill streaks every match.

DeuceMojo said:
Agreed. Check your friends list in COD4 and, depending on your friends, 75% of them probably have a kill streak that would've ended a match. Whatever. I knew MW2 was going to be a frat boy game. The video game equivalent of Jackass. The stupid jock of video games.

It had better fucking ROCK! :lol

come the fuck on...get the fuck over the nuke bullshit. I invested almost 12hrs (purchased it almost a week ago) an have only had one match end with a nuke in demolition. It doesn't occur THAT frequently at all or maybe I have some sort of non nuke matchmaking perk enabled!

MOOOOOOOVE ON!

...seriously, not a big deal. This isn't COD4. The AC130, heli, pavelow, etc. I've managed to single handedly take out. They are part of gameplay, you have the tools to take them out. Easy as pie for the most part. So much bitchin' from people who haven't even played the game!

/rant.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Or not harsh enough >:D

edit: and as stated by someone else, I'm pretty sure a lot of folks are not willing to give up a slot for a KS that requires so many kills.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A few nights ago, I was tossing a grenade and an AI teammate walked in front of me at exactly the wrong time, bouncing the grenade off of his head and into my lap, killing me (because I had cooked it).

DaCocoBrova said:
Starting to...? It's the series' staple.

Has this happened to anyone:

Throw a grenade (single player) and hit an enemy in the head and they stumble. I was really high, but I know I saw it happen. Cool little touch that may or may not have been there in COD4/5 that I never noticed before.
Yup. When I did it, it looked like I knocked the guy down... then bam!

Indeed

Has any mainland euro GAFer any experience with Axelmusic?

I preordered my ps3 version from them but they still didnt ship my copy, or at least didnt change my orderstatus.

I really doubt itll get here tomorrow but 30€ cheaper than germany is too good to pass up :S

Raxus

Honestly if you can get a 7 kill streak unaided then that is the only way you will have a CHANCE at a nuke. That is assuming your Harrier, chopper gunner stay up.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
ergo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUjzWLkSlKQ

Look how much it takes to put this beast down. Jesus christ...

Pretty sure he missed with that 2nd rocket. For the standard choppers, one rocket + a couple bullets (~half clip) downs them. For the special armored chopper, the one in this video, it's 2 rockets + a few bullets.

Edit: The more annoying thing for me is that I'm ALWAYS the one to rocket the choppers. So I hit it with my rocket, and then someone else puts three rounds into it and gets the points for the down -_-

SUPREME1

Banned
Not once in all the hours I spent on CoD4, did I ever get a 25-kill streak.

My kill-streak high is 19.

Sad thing is, I probably could have gotten another few kills, seeing as how their was still 2:00+ left on the clock and I was wrecking sh*t from an undetected spot with a fresh weapon I had picked up.

We were completely trashing the other team, no way they were going to get any kill-streaks going... the slaughter was on and I was at a point where if they wanted out of that hell hole, they'd have to come around the corner and into my sight. That or go around and into the fire-fight with the rest of my squad who was dominating.

Anyway, I reached 19, besting my previous best of 16 and was very hyped and in the zone. Then my wife, who was running late, tells me that I need to move the car to let her out.

Ugh.

I come back and the next match is about to start. I wonder how many I would have maxed out at? Oh well.

Back on topic: I wouldn't worry about nukes becoming a problem. If someone rips off 25 straight kills on you, you deserved to lose the match and have it end right then and there.
Get over it.

Raelson

Snapped some pics of the midnight event at Webhallen in Stockholm.

Team fnatic playing against random teams, you could challange them and have a chance at winning a laptop. No team came even close to beating them though, from what i saw.
-MW1.jpg

View of the floor.
-MW2.jpg

Almost all of the staff were dressed up as soldiers. :lol
-ME3.jpg

Also got some swag including a t-shirt, a wristband, a dogtag and a pen.

Helmholtz

Sorry if answered, but has it been confirmed that the PC version will require registration with steam? I'm thinking about picking up retail because I might be able to find it cheaper, but I don't want to give up steam integration.

Helmholtz said:
Sorry if answered, but has it been confirmed that the PC version will require registration with steam? I'm thinking about picking up retail because I might be able to find it cheaper, but I don't want to give up steam integration.

Yup, every single copy must register via Steam.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Any LA area GAFfers going to the midnight Best Buy opening at the store on Pico? Thinking I might stop by for a few hours and check out the crazyness.

cresto

DKo5 said:
Any LA area GAFfers going to the midnight Best Buy opening at the store on Pico? Thinking I might stop by for a few hours and check out the crazyness.
Pico is the ghettttto. No tthxxx. Partied down there for halloween and I swear to god i was the only white guy at the party. damn those girls looked fine though! haha

add me to xbl if you want a so cal friendly (GT: FREIGHT TRAIN68)

SUPREME1

Banned
DKo5 said:

I'll be at the midnight launch at the store in Glendale/Atwater on Los Feliz.

Me and my bro-in-law are gonna stay up all night. We requested the day off months ago, lol.

Barrett2

Im' debating going to midnight launch at my Best Buy. If I am exchanging an unopened game for MW2, can I do that at midnight, or would that be an issue?

corpserot said:
Amazon just shipped my copy, can't wait. Just going to have to get used to playing this with the PS3 controller.

You shouldnt have any issues, I played COD4 on PS3 and it controlled great.

I still havent decided if Im getting this for PC or 360. I think Im going 360 so that I can have the PC be my Dragon Age Box and my 360 be my MW2 box. I seriously think those are the only 2 games I will play for the rest of the YEAR!!

kuYuri

There's a big NYC launch event in Union Square tonight. IW and some Microsoft people will be there, as well as some Yankees players, but fuck it. I'm not standing in line for Gamestop.

Any NYC Gaffers going to that?

Barrett2

Strider2K99 said:
There's a big NYC launch event in Union Square tonight. IW and some Microsoft people will be there, as well as some Yankees players, but fuck it. I'm not standing in line for Gamestop.

Goddamn. Im' moving to Manhattan next Friday. If I was already living there, I would totally go to this.

-PXG-

Strider2K99 said:

If I wasn't sick, I would be there right now. :(

And to think, I could've have gotten my World Series hat signed too ;____;

kuYuri

-PXG- said:
If I wasn't sick, I would be there right now. :(

And to think, I could've have gotten my World Series hat signed too ;____;

Yeah, I've been feeling kind of sick lately too, so I don't think I should go. But my hate for Gamestop also plays a part in me not wanting to go. >_>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Strider2K99 said:

It should have already started. Was supposed to get underway around 5. I was there this afternoon while they were setting the place up in the middle of Union Square. They were definitely going all out, dudes dressed in SWAT gear and all. :lol

drkOne

So, European Steam Account, says it'll only unlock on 12th November.
Was going to boycott, can't wait to try it.
If I get a key to activate on Steam, any chances I might be able to play it starting tomorrow?

Top Bottom