• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
I thought they fixed YY for MW2 so that it didn't work anymore...
I'm gonna play it tonight and see, but people still do it in MW2. Actually, I think I've seen more rifle bouncing in MW2 than I do in CoD4! Who knows if that's just because people are stupid though.

BattleMonkey said:
I don't think anyone prefers not being host. It's such a huge advantage to be it
I'm not sure I'd call it an advantage, per se... If you're host and everybody in the match gets a good connection to you, you get to finally play the game as it was designed - meaning 3-4 bullets to kill, not entire fucking clips.

Speaking of connections, what's up with that guy - you all know him - the one that has the worst ever connection to the host and can't do well to save his life, yet will not quit and stays in the lobby match after match. Are they people gaming on 56k's or do they just not know what lag is?

Sandy ravage is a guy, you can hear his voice on the livestream he does occasionally.

Speaking of live streams, here is one from mlg team envyus usually stomping on randoms but there are some game battle matches too:

http://www.justin.tv/teamenvyuspro

It's usually hastro and he's pretty damn good. If you look through the archives (where there's gotta be 50 hours worth of footage) you will find nukeathon videos where they try and get as many nukes as they can in public demo matches. It's usually MW2 but sometimes they have Waw and COD4. Vid quality is not great but if you wanna see a guy ripping shit up 80% of the time it's pretty good.

jayb

Sorry I haven't played this in a while, but has the no-killstreak playlists been added for PS3? Or will that happen today?

Haha, I just cheeseballed the shit out of a CoD4 match just now. Flanked them for the attack heli, then I intentionally died and let my chopper get a new one and so on and so on. Ended up like 60-5. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
I thought they fixed YY for MW2 so that it didn't work anymore...
Checked now and I was misremembering completely, you can't do YY at all in MW2. It lowers the weapon instead of raising it... Playing too many different CoDs at the same time! :lol

R2D4

Banned
Sooo why does the game tell me that new maps are available but they aren't anywhere on the PSN Store. Hurry Up!

Mystery

Map pack's been up. You just gotta search Call of Duty on the PSN store.

2uhwaa8.jpg

Brian Fellows said:
I'm just weird I guess. Hey I also liked the Creek on MW1 and it got skipped about 80% of the time.

I liked Creek too. It was fun as long as it wasn't filled with snipers. When everyone was running and gunning it got pretty exciting.

Man, I really have no idea how all these YouTubers are scoring nukes left and right, most of them even doing it without any other killstreaks nowadays. I look at the videos and, honestly, they don't really aim faster than me or use much smarter tactics, but they always seem to luck out and get games without noobtubing, Commando or that one laggy guy who refuses to leave while I always get stuck in lobbies where most of the opponents cheeseball it as much as humanly possible. :(

Maybe I just need to buy the PS3 version? :lol

ThirstyFly said:
Awesome. So people can glitch into the sky light in Bailout now? Wasn't that map awful enough before? :(
They found that on day 1 and it's not really a glitch, you just jump from the hand rail. Not really a problem if you ask me...

aku:jiki said:
\Maybe I just need to buy the PS3 version? :lol

Play more and/or play with friends all the time.

And you want to know why they're all playing low-level scrubs? The dirty secret is that half of the videos being posted on Machinima now were actually recorded months and months ago. They're just pulling them out of their backlog and doing fresh commentary.

ThirstyFly said:
Well, played for over an hour and Carnival didn't come up once. More money well spent :(

Man, I'm not a fan of Carnival at all, but it comes up all the damn time in Barebones Objective Pro for me.

I got put in a couple of 3v3 and 4v4 objective matches (barebones) and it is so much fucking better than the usual 6v6 shit. I wish Barebones Objectives was like TDM Barebones; 4v4 max.

foomfoom415 said:
Man, I'm not a fan of Carnival at all, but it comes up all the damn time in Barebones Objective Pro for me.

Can't be as bad as playing Strike over and over again. I'll give Barebones Ojbective a try next time I play, had enough of it for today.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ThirstyFly said:
Well, played for over an hour and Carnival didn't come up once. More money well spent :(

I got Carnivale a few times. Didn't get Fuel at all.

Its hard for me to judge these new maps cuz I haven't gotten to play any of them in TDM yet. All that comes up is fucking HQ and Domination. My two least favorite modes.

Finally had Carnival come up twice. Seems pretty fun so far, I love the amount of detail in it.

I'm still getting Strike more often than anything else, it's getting pretty annoying. Think I only saw the trailer park map twice too.

Is there a glitch in Fuel? I kept seeing idiots jumping up against the same rock in one of the outside corners.

kuYuri

ThirstyFly said:
Finally had Carnival come up twice. Seems pretty fun so far, I love the amount of detail in it.

I'm still getting Strike more often than anything else, it's getting pretty annoying. Think I only saw the trailer park map twice too.

Is there a glitch in Fuel? I kept seeing idiots jumping up against the same rock in one of the outside corners.

Apparently you can get in the geometry there or so I've read in 360 version.

kuYuri

+Aliken+ said:
mh, not working for me... can't find it anywhere...
Could it be that different region shops have different releases?

UK shop here by the way.

It's not out in the UK/EU until the next day.

Hanmik

Who at IW decided to remove Capture the Flag and Mosh Pit..? are they just stupid..? Mosh Pit is the mode I loved the most. I get bored playing the same type of game over and over again, and because the servers are so bad, it is impossible to find matches fast when you are in a 4-6 man team. So Mosh Pit was a blessing. But know they removed because 1.000 jerks decided to bitch about killstreaks..I´m not going to play Barebones.. I like to get a reward for good gaming, and killstreaks are a nice reward. way to go IW you just managed to make the game more broken..

Mush

Wait what? They removed Mosh Pit?! Did this happen for you X360 folks during the Barebones patch or is just for us Triple players?

Mush said:
Wait what? They removed Mosh Pit?! Did this happen for you X360 folks during the Barebones patch or is just for us Triple players?

They removed it on 360 as well.

FourZeroTwo said they removed the Mosh Pit and Capture the Flag playlists because they were the least-populated.

Mush

AnEternalEnigma said:
They removed it on 360 as well.

FourZeroTwo said they removed the Mosh Pit and Capture the Flag playlists because they were the least-populated.
I don't mind the removal of CTF because frankly it is shit. But Mosh Pit was a nice break from my daily TDM whoring. :/ It shall be missed.

Mush said:
I don't mind the removal of CTF because frankly it is shit. But Mosh Pit was a nice break from my daily TDM whoring. :/ It shall be missed.

CTF without killstreaks is godly. It's too bad Demolition shows up so damn much on the Objectives Barebones playlist.

Mush

foomfoom415 said:
CTF without killstreaks is godly. It's too bad Demolition shows up so damn much on the Objectives Barebones playlist.
Well now that people aren't focused on campin' for their Killstreaks it might be good for some lolz.

I played for a bit last night. ACR is like the undisputed weapon of choice. I actually prefer the M4A1 as my AR of choice, which I think is just considered the poor mans ACR anyway.

Oh another thing, I can't seem to run and gun anymore without a silenced weapon. I might be going crazy but you get a kill with an unsilenced weapon and people are on your radar blip in a matter of seconds. I was getting rushed after an unsilenced kill faster than I could react last night..it's hard to explain what I mean. :lol

Anerythristic said:
I played for a bit last night. ACR is like the undisputed weapon of choice. I actually prefer the M4A1 as my AR of choice, which I think is just considered the poor mans ACR anyway.

Oh another thing, I can't seem to run and gun anymore without a silenced weapon. I might be going crazy but you get a kill with an unsilenced weapon and people are on your radar blip in a matter of seconds. I was getting rushed after an unsilenced kill faster than I could react last night..it's hard to explain what I mean. :lol

I don't play much TDM but in objective games seems like everyone runs silencer now.
Helps my survivability a ton too.

CozMick

Banned
I've found a new love and it's name is Search and Destroy!

Until this day I played literally nothing but TDM or Mercenary TDM, I hadn't ever played an objective game, not even on Call of Duty 4.

Fired up the Resurgence playlist and got SnD on Carnival.

Ho-ly fucking shit it's epic!

From this day I will forever be a one game-mode guy.

I coming baby............:lol

Loxley

CozMick said:
I've found a new love and it's name is Search and Destroy!

Until this day I played literally nothing but TDM or Mercenary TDM, I hadn't ever played an objective game, not even on Call of Duty 4.

Fired up the Resurgence playlist and got SnD on Carnival.

Ho-ly fucking shit it's epic!

From this day I will forever be a one game-mode guy.

I coming baby............:lol

I do love me some SnD :D It doesn't allow for a lot of the BS that people can get away with in TDM or Domination.

By the way, to those of you on the PC, has Barebones been added? I'm reinstalling the game at the moment and was just curious, since people have been glowing about it on the consoles.

Brian Fellows said:
CTF is easily my favorite objective game. :(
How can so many of you guys love CTF in CoD? I mean, I get loving it in other FPS games (I do too), but in CoD, especially MW2, it's so incredibly repetetive... Either you run Marathon/Lightweight/Commando and mad dash it like a moron or you lose. And even then, there's always whores who ignore the flags but camp the shit out of one to get easy kills. So dull to me.

And posting love for CTF but hate for Demolition? That's just crazy talk.

divisionbyzorro said:
Play more and/or play with friends all the time.
I do that, but how do you figure that me having decent team mates will stop me from getting OMA-tubed out of nowhere when I'm on a 10 kill streak? I find myself wanting to play CoD4 and WaW all the time and every time I go back to MW2, I just get angry now. :(

divisionbyzorro said:
And you want to know why they're all playing low-level scrubs? The dirty secret is that half of the videos being posted on Machinima now were actually recorded months and months ago. They're just pulling them out of their backlog and doing fresh commentary.
I actually don't believe that. There are trends in the commentating community... Right now, it's all about posting high scores with odd weapon setups and getting nukes without killstreaks - basically, the community is bored now. If those games were all months old, they'd have rushed them out way sooner to get the credit for having the 1st/5th/10th killstreakless nuke and not be so casual about it...

Top Bottom