• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
aku:jiki said:
Huh? FFA awards 50 points per kill, first to 1500 wins. No other way to earn points. What do you mean?

I know how it works. I just think its silly that by the rules 27-25 is considered considered better than 25-4. In TDM my numbers would be far better. Not that there is a good way to do it. A death penalty would just lead to way way more camping.

Xux

Gosh darned game keeps matching me up with doofuses that don't know how to defend stuff. The little arrow that says "defend" is important, guys! People won't bitch and moan all over the fucking internet if you camp those 'cause then it's not camping!

Also, I'm going to go ahead and say Muzi is the best gun in this game.

You know I accepted MW2's tiny flaws, but I ABSOLUTLY LOATHE COMMANDO PRO!!

FUCK IT.. Still bothers me to no end, when you shoot someone in the face with the SPAS-12, but that guy pulls his knife and *bam* you're dead. Especially if it's the final kill cam and everyone sees how you're acting weird and you see that the game didn't recognized you shooting, but instead your oppenents commando pro stab..

Patrick Bateman said:
You know I accepted MW2's tiny flaws, but I ABSOLUTLY LOATHE COMMANDO PRO!!

FUCK IT.. Still bothers me to no end, when you shoot someone in the face with the SPAS-12, but that guy pulls his knife and *bam* you're dead. Especially if it's the final kill cam and everyone sees how you're acting weird and you see that the game didn't recognized you shooting, but instead your oppenents commando pro stab..

Commando is easily the worst thing in the game. When you're shooting someone in the face, they shouldn't have the upper hand.

I hate having to have it on, but I do on a lot of my classes because I LOVE being able to jump from any height without taking damage though. I don't even use the asshole knife lunge, just the jump damage reduction.

CozMick

Banned
Why is the M16A4 so fucking inconsistent?

I've maxed the M4 challenges so I'm on to my second favourite weapon in the game, the M16.

Whats the deal with some people taking a single burst, some people taking 2 bursts and even some people taking 3 to 4 bursts?

Also, how the fuck are people dropping me with 2 shots from a fucking Raffica? :lol

This game is craaaaaaaaaazy maaaaaan!

kuYuri

CozMick said:
Why is the M16A4 so fucking inconsistent?

I've maxed the M4 challenges so I'm on to my second favourite weapon in the game, the M16.

Whats the deal with some people taking a single burst, some people taking 2 bursts and even some people taking 3 to 4 bursts?

Also, how the fuck are people dropping me with 2 shots from a fucking Raffica? :lol

This game is craaaaaaaaaazy maaaaaan!

Lag/latency/whatever you want to call it.

Xux

Oh man...MP5K with silencer, stopping power, and steady aim is freaking god mode, bro; aside from the UMP, I'm gonna have to say that all of the SMGs are pretty cool. Also, silenced light machine guns are masters of penetration kills and assists.

aku:jiki

I was playing with RJNavarrate and his crew yesterday and it was funny as hell even though I was lagging like a motherfucker and couldn't do well for shit. Those dudes are insane, both on their mics and all up in the enemy spawn. :lol

I got so close to hitting my first streakless nuke (I had streaks but they got taken down at 0 and 2 kills respectively) with their help, got to 23 or so and then I got HBS camped on. :(

One of them got a nuke like every match though. That was crazy!

I guess I know partly why WaW has such a bad rep now that I've started the campaign... It fucking sucks. Even on normal, you get killed in such annoying ways all the time. Fucking constant grenade spam from AI's with perfect aim or asshole, invisible snipers in trees are not fun at all, Treyarch. Please don't do that shit in Black Ops. :(

TheVampire said:
P90 + rapidfire + akimbo = death to all
Skip the rapid fire and get more kills without having to reload every quarter second.

UPDATE: Here's the YouTube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJN576cFnuw

Hey guys - quick "?" about the PS3 version.

I've noticed that sometimes the bottom left corner of my screen - in a rectangular shape - will be "lagging" behind the rest of the video - like there's a crop of the bottom left and it's about 1 frames behind the rest.

I'll try to video cap it real quick to show you guys. It's random - it's the only game i've been playing lately so I dunno if it's my TV or not.

It's either a MW2 bug or my TV is starting to go. Happens at random.

CozMick

Banned
Not sure if I've seen that problem on my t.v.

Anyway, I think I've found a godly SnD setup.

M4A1 silenced + Claymore + Flashbangs
Akimbo G18 silenced
Marathon
Cold Blooded
Ninja Pro

My last 5 games have been.

9-1
8-1
8-1
6-2
9-2

:lol

TheVampire said:
P90 + rapidfire + akimbo = death to all

Nah, it's all about the Mini-Uzi with Thermal Scope...

Not really, but Mini-Uzi, FMJ, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Steady Aim Pro is a beastly class.

CozMick said:
M4A1 silenced + Claymore + Flashbangs
Akimbo G18 silenced
Marathon[/b[
Cold Blooded
Ninja Pro
:lol

How do you have G18 Akimbo with Silencers when you have Marathon?

CozMick

Banned
-Yeti said:
Ah, I see. Sounds like a good class though. :)

Yeah, I've just recently got back into this game so these setups I use are most probably old news :p

Also whats the deal with SnD? everyone that plays it uses nothing but UMP/Raffica or Intervention/AA12 combos :D

Haven't been able to join anyone on my friendlist, keeps saying my playlist is more upto date than there's (because I have map pack 2)

Cant beleive I spent £11 and im getting this...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
kyo_daikun said:
Haven't been able to join anyone on my friendlist, keeps saying my playlist is more upto date than there's (because I have map pack 2)

Cant beleive I spent £11 and im getting this...

That is odd. I've played with friend who don't have the map pack.

CozMick said:
Yeah, I've just recently got back into this game so these setups I use are most probably old news :p

Also whats the deal with SnD? everyone that plays it uses nothing but UMP/Raffica or Intervention/AA12 combos :D

That's pretty much throughout all gametypes... especially the UMP. I have a love/hate relationship with that weapon.

Brian Fellows said:
That is odd. I've played with friend who don't have the map pack.

I can play with them, just takes 6 invites or so. I can't go to my friend list and select join session anymore, that 100% never works.

Well - my bug is NOT MW2 - it's my damn TV :(

Proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLJcXryKKWA

I tried different inputs, devices, etc. :( I have an extended service plan thru Best Buy - they don't make my model TV any longer and if they can't fix it - here's hoping that I can upgrade and pay the difference to a DIFFERENT model TV this time. *crosses fingers*

Anyhow - here's how I usually run:

"All Around"
Scar, Holographic
Flash, Semtex
TMP, Akimbo

Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

"Long Range"
ACR, Acog
All same

"Run N Gun"
UMP45, Akimbo
Semtex, Flash
TMP, Akimbo

Sleight of Hand
Cold Blooded
Steady Aim

I will admit - I do OK with everything but my Dual Wield is well over 400 with those UMP's :D
It's like cheating in close quarters, haha.

I've been feeling really comfortable with my sensitivity lately, so I decided to kick it up two notches in all the CoD's and I'm now up to 7. It's really helping my game so much more than I thought, and for some reason my accuracy didn't take a nose-dive like it used to when I worked myself up from 2 to 5. That took forever, now I just hopped two steps and don't even notice it in a bad way, but I do get some quick-spin kills I never would've gotten on 4. It's awesome! :D

Ninja-Matic said:
Anyhow - here's how I usually run:
You need to get rid of your reloading addiction so you can pick a better blue perk, dude. :D

Don't worry, everyone goes through that phase. :lol

I've been feeling really comfortable with my sensitivity lately, so I decided to kick it up two notches in all the CoD's and I'm now up to 7. It's really helping my game so much more than I thought, and for some reason my accuracy didn't take a nose-dive like it used to when I worked myself up from 2 to 5. That took forever, now I just hopped two steps and don't even notice it in a bad way, but I do get some quick-spin kills I never would've gotten on 4. It's awesome! :D

You need to get rid of your reloading addiction so you can pick a better blue perk, dude. :D

Don't worry, everyone goes through that phase. :lol
Scavenger for the win.

Thanks, Ninja-Matic.

So, here's some more drama... Kid posts a video claiming most kills ever, but not only is he playing Demolition while all the other high-scorers play Domination (where the matches are half as long as in Demo so him beating a 100+ Dom game with a 150+ Demo game really isn't that impressive), but he's got hacks on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-05ThJOCE

Machinima's crew really need to get on the ball when it comes to spotting this shit! You can see the hacks clear as day if you pause at 6:27 (check his equipment slot). They could learn the game and not allow a video called "OMG MOST KILLS EVAR" when the player is comparing two wildly different game modes too...

On a more fun note, I just had a few amazingly fun games of Demo against a full-party clan who weren't that good, but they all tried very hard to plant and play the objective without having a single camper (they did have a sniper but he just played it like a sniper should - hanging back and hardscoping). They were really fun to play and not only that, but despite getting crushed by my team, they always said good game (even between rounds!) and after the few matches they actually thanked us for giving them good practice by putting up such a fight. My team was so confused at first. "Why aren't they trash talking us at all?!" :lol

So, here's some more drama... Kid posts a video claiming most kills ever, but not only is he playing Demolition while all the other high-scorers play Domination (where the matches are half as long as in Demo so him beating a 100+ Dom game with a 150+ Demo game really isn't that impressive), but he's got hacks on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-05ThJOCE

Machinima's crew really need to get on the ball when it comes to spotting this shit! You can see the hacks clear as day if you pause at 6:27 (check his equipment slot). They could learn the game and not allow a video called "OMG MOST KILLS EVAR" when the player is comparing two wildly different game modes too...

...wow

I wonder how prevalent these types of hacks really are in this game. I know that it often feels like the other team is cheating when you're getting shitted on, but I try not to stoop to those sorts of accusations. It's hard to keep that level of self control though when these sorts of hacks are so easy to do.

ScrubJay

Set a new record for kills last night, 28 on rundown. Later got the same exact number on Underpass. Did not have a nuke equipped on either occasion, and I probably will not get that many kills ever again. Oh well.

Aye - a 4th perk. Not cool, IMO.

Sunako - np, man. I love those Aniom themes.

aku:jiki - what does everyone roll with for blue? My fave playstyle is usually medium range. Every once in a while I go CQC with Akimbo UMPs - but what weapon/perk combi works well with medium range combat? I love the damage of the Scar - but love the speed of the ACR - but the ACR swings bullets like mad so I run out frequently. Was thinking of the M4A1 as a good damage/speed/accuracy for a medium range playstyle.

I'm just getting back to the game after a LOOOOOOONG time off - i'm 60 right now so I pretty much have most everything available and all perks pro (with the exception of cold blooded, lol)

ScrubJay

The M4A1 is very similar to the ACR, comparable accuracy and the same damage per bullet except it has a slightly faster fire rate and a little more recoil. I prefer the sights on the M4 and how it sounds like a cannon.

Once you get to 70 you should use the Ak-47. It may seem to kick like a mule at first but it actually stabilizes after each bullet and has comparable accuracy to the M4 and ACR with better damage.

cdyhybrid

Ninja-Matic said:
what does everyone roll with for blue?

Depends on what class I'm using (obviously), but I use all them at least part of the time. I use SoH with snipers/LMGs (really only use the AUG and the RPD). I use Marathon with my UMP stealth class and my SPAS class. I use Scavenger with the non-burst ARs and the Riot Shield (for C4). I use Bling with the burst ARs (silencer/red dot for the FAMAS, silencer/holo for the M16). I use OMA with my noob tube class :lol , and sometimes with the RPD, since it takes less time to switch into the same class than to reload the RPD.

Ninja-Matic said:
Aye - a 4th perk. Not cool, IMO.

Sunako - np, man. I love those Aniom themes.

aku:jiki - what does everyone roll with for blue? My fave playstyle is usually medium range. Every once in a while I go CQC with Akimbo UMPs - but what weapon/perk combi works well with medium range combat? I love the damage of the Scar - but love the speed of the ACR - but the ACR swings bullets like mad so I run out frequently. Was thinking of the M4A1 as a good damage/speed/accuracy for a medium range playstyle.

I'm just getting back to the game after a LOOOOOOONG time off - i'm 60 right now so I pretty much have most everything available and all perks pro (with the exception of cold blooded, lol)
I use sleight of hand a lot as well as scavenger. My run and gun class is UMP [Silenced] SOHP/SPP/NP as I like being silent but deadly ( :lol ).

divisionbyzorro said:
...wow

I wonder how prevalent these types of hacks really are in this game. I know that it often feels like the other team is cheating when you're getting shitted on, but I try not to stoop to those sorts of accusations. It's hard to keep that level of self control though when these sorts of hacks are so easy to do.
I watch all my killcams when I feel I get bullshitted on, and most of the time, I'm wrong. :lol

There's some WTF here and there though, like when I don't even get to see a killcam after getting killed out of nowhere when I'm being super cautious, but I rarely see like camo'd shotguns or obvious aimbots or 4th perks.

Ninja-Matic said:
aku:jiki - what does everyone roll with for blue?
Well, SoH is not a bad perk choice! I just thought it was a little funny that you have it on everything. But Scavenger is an awesome choice for ACR and SCAR, since you like those weapons.

Myself, I'm a Marathon addict and I probably have that on more classes than you have SoH on so I should shut up. :lol

So i'm on prestige 5 and stopping there, now i'm just trying to unlock everything so I can have a wide variety of playstyles (why limit myself anymore? 5 times round is more than enough). I'm trying to unlock the tac knife and am using USP marathon/SP/ninja in TDM and just continously trying to flank them but man you just get outgunned like fuck with this thing. Admittedly my trigger finger is crap compared to some kids and i'm not a natural rusher but what did you guys do to unlock the tac knife quickly?

On the plus side it's great unlocking pro perks/attachments etc and knowing i'll never lose them.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I start pretty much every match with the same class.....

SCAR/w silencer
Thumper

Stun Grenades
Claymores

Scavenger
Stopping Power
Commando

If the enemy calls in air support I switch to.......

SCAR/w silencer
Stinger

Stun Grenades
Claymores

Sleight of Hand
Cold Blooded
Ninja

Spinning Plates said:
I'm closing in on 10,000 headshots with my trusty ACR + RDS.

Does anyone know if doing that unlocks any title/emblem?
It's 1000 and, yes, you get a title that looks like every other title for 1000 headshots. Really dull reward for so much work.

cdyhybrid

celestial body said:
So i'm on prestige 5 and stopping there, now i'm just trying to unlock everything so I can have a wide variety of playstyles (why limit myself anymore? 5 times round is more than enough). I'm trying to unlock the tac knife and am using USP marathon/SP/ninja in TDM and just continously trying to flank them but man you just get outgunned like fuck with this thing. Admittedly my trigger finger is crap compared to some kids and i'm not a natural rusher but what did you guys do to unlock the tac knife quickly?

On the plus side it's great unlocking pro perks/attachments etc and knowing i'll never lose them.

If you don't mind getting the Tac Knife on the Magnum, you can run the default class that has the Magnum w/ Tac Knife as its secondary. I dunno if this is still the case, but you used to be able to run around and stab people with the Tac Knife in that class and have it count towards Magnum kills, allowing you to unlock the Tac Knife and use it in a customizable class.

Edit: Assuming you have the Magnum unlocked, that is. I think it's at level 26?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I noticed last night that the stats menu (under story mode) says I have 6 days more multiplayer playtime than the score leaderboard says I have.

That is a pretty big difference. I guess maybe the leaderboard is only counting actual gameplay time.. but 6 days worth of finding games seems a bit extreme.

It's 1000 and, yes, you get a title that looks like every other title for 1000 headshots. Really dull reward for so much work.

Patrick Bateman said:
I'd be so funny if not. :lol :lol

I wasted days of my life on MW2, too. :(

I passed the 10k mark this evening and got nothing. Sucks not to get any kind of recognition.

Thats 10k headshots of my 74k kills in 16 days pld btw. Can anyone beat that?

Spinning Plates said:
I passed the 10k mark this evening and got nothing. Sucks not to get any kind of recognition.

Thats 10k headshots of my 74k kills in 16 days pld btw. Can anyone beat that?

I can beat that... on paper :lol :lol :lol :lol

In the really real world? Sadfaces :(

Top Bottom