• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

FrankT

HybridXL said:
Question,

I read that PS3 version has NO install, yet the 360 version CAN be installed.

Anyone know if theres loading differences between the PS3 version and the installed 360 version?

I ask because even though i have all previous CODs on 360, I bought a PS3 Slim recently and I just wanna move my gaming over to the PS3, since multiplatform ports are becoming almost identical.

Here's the thing, I rarely play online. I want to know loading and performance differneces because I'll be playing mostly offline single palyer and spec ops.

I cant believe no website has commented on performance differences. I hope its because there are none.

All in the link I posted above (or now previous page);

Loading: CoD: MW2 manages to mask the load times during each of the mission briefings and story narrations. So, if you are simply playing through the game the load times will not affect the gameplay experience. But, if you decide to replay a mission and want to skip the narrations, the Xbox 360 version has the quicker load times. On average, the PlayStation 3 takes 27 seconds to load while the Xbox 360 takes only 19 seconds. Also note that the PlayStation 3 version does not have a mandatory install.

Load Time 1: PlayStation 3 – 14 sec / Xbox 360 – 14 sec
Load Time 2: PlayStation 3 – 40 sec / Xbox 360 – 25 sec
Load Time 3: PlayStation 3 – 30 sec / Xbox 360 – 20 sec
Load Time 4: PlayStation 3 – 26 sec / Xbox 360 – 18 sec

Jin

The only time Amazon has been late with the release date delivery is Windows 7. It was late by one day and they credit $5 back on my credit card.

Getting it tomorrow at 7:00 am, then it's going to stare at me from my backpack all day at school. God, tomorrow is going to suck utterly and completely and be awesome at the same time.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
-PXG- said:
I got you you covered son. You sick too? Sucks. And what did you do to lose your avatar? :lol
cool cool yeah I caught something today at work. hopefully its a 24 hr bug.

as for the avatar I really don't know. :lol

corpserot

AnIco said:
PS3 version runs smarter, plus it has free online and a better controller.

Get that version.
You are dreaming if you think the PS3 controller is a better controller for FPS. I'm getting the PS3 version too, but I also have one of these.

FrankT

Phantast2k said:
schick[er] = fancy[er]
"ps3 version looks a tad more fancy, however there are frame rate hiccups in action loaded/packed sequences"

Yea I would have to say I agree with LoT on this one really after seeing their comparison shots side by side;

G R A P H I C S
Although the differences are minor, the Xbox 360 version takes the win with overbright (glare/bloom) and softer dynamic shadows. We were also glad to see equal texture resolutions in both versions

Just seems like 360 is just more crisp plus the FR edge.

If you want to shift your multiplatform gaming to PS3 get that version.

The games are virtually identical and any differences GAF would have you believe are simply overblown.

Jtyettis said:
Yea I would have to say I agree with LoT on this one really after seeing their comparison shots side by side;
Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just correcting Spydy's translation here.

yoopoo

Banned
Imperial Hot said:
Fuck. Amazon hasn't shipped my order. It's supposed to be release day shipping.
Same here.."Shipping Soon - delivery estimate: November 10, 2009" Well that ain't happening.

LowParry

WTF does it mean by "runs smarter"? :lol

And better control on the PS3? .......fuck that. 360's is best for FPS games hands down for consoles.

FrankT

Phantast2k said:
Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just correcting Spydy's translation here.

Which was posted earlier and I kind of disagree just looking at shots from Lens of Truth (and they in fact disagree as well). All I'm saying.

-PXG-

Everyone so far has been added. If I don't add you immediately, I will add you later. Don't worry, no one will be left behind. Just make sure to PM me, since it will be a pain in the ass to keep on going back to previous pages.

Thank you.

tass0

Banned
mwmwmwmw.png

highest score ever (for now?) ;p

Top Bottom