• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

TheApatheticOne said:
This thread is a good check of my skill level. Everyone talks about their killstreak-less nukes. If I get a Pavelow WITH killstreaks, Im THRILLED! :lol I just dont understand how ya'll pull some of the scores semi-consistantly with all the BS going on.
The secret is that we don't even do it semi-consistently - we just play this shit all the time and it happens sometimes. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've never even had the nuke kill streak equipped.

quadrax1s said:
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE CAPTURE THE FLAG WENT and when it'll come back??!! I am not happy!!!! I don't want to wade through the other modes just to play Capture the Flag!!

The assholes got rid of it in favor of the Barebones mode because it was one of the least popular modes. I don't think it is coming back.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
Brian Fellows said:
I've never even had the nuke kill streak equipped.
Yeah me neither. I find having high killstreaks over 25 more rewarding than getting a nuke :D

Brian Fellows said:
The assholes got rid of it in favor of the Barebones mode because it was one of the least popular modes. I don't think it is coming back.

Nooooo!!!! :'(
Man fuck this game. Why can't they just fix what's really wrong with this game instead of doing changes no one ever asks for.

DoomGyver

I started playing this again the past week, and I've noticed that the player base has gotten a lot more nooby, not sure if its because I haven't bought the maps so I'm getting grouped with the kiddies and casuals or what. I've also noticed more host migration and poor quality connections.. maybe it's just bad luck.

Do you think they'll ever bundle the map packs, say both for $20 sale?

quadrax1s said:
Nooooo!!!! :'(
Man fuck this game. Why can't they just fix what's really wrong with this game instead of doing changes no one ever asks for.
Sorry bro, but lots of people asked them to get rid of CTF. It just doesn't work well in MW2 according to most of us.

Full Recovery said:
No, never. Treyarch does that sort of thing, IW does not. I'm pretty sure the CoD4 pack still hasn't gone on sale, or if it did, it was only once or twice. It's still 800 points.

Full Recovery said:
I started playing this again the past week, and I've noticed that the player base has gotten a lot more nooby, not sure if its because I haven't bought the maps so I'm getting grouped with the kiddies and casuals or what. I've also noticed more host migration and poor quality connections.. maybe it's just bad luck.

About the player base I still play it on a regular basis, I started not in Nov-Dec. but like March-April. and even with my late start I can tell when a shooter is in decline, this one is. That doesn't mean there are not good games to be found with quality players.

If you are on Live let me know if you need people on your friends list that plays COD and I will gladly shoot you a friend request. I am on all the time.

I also have to work hard to make sure I have a quality connection. The difference between three and four bars seems huge.

I doubt Activision would reduce the map packs anytime soon but I am sure they will be reduced or bundeled after Black Ops ships as a one time sale.

aku:jiki said:
Sorry bro, but lots of people asked them to get rid of CTF. It just doesn't work well in MW2 according to most of us.

Hey, CTF works just fine in MW2. I loved playing it! It just happened to be the least popular playlist, along with Mosh Pit, so those two got removed to put in Barebones and Objective Barebones.

"Use MLC or lose" is not fine to me. :(

Sure, runners need speed (I used MLN), but you can play defense with any class. If anything, the problem with CTF was all of people camping their own flag in defense trying to score killstreaks, even when losing badly.

Full Recovery said:
Eh, I guess I'll buy the maps. $30 is hard to take though. Going to the store to buy some lube
psn card
this weekend.

its-a-trap.jpg

quadrax1s

Neo Member
More people complain about the many other faults of MW2 than Capture the Flag. Barebones isn't very popular either it seems.

divisionbyzorro said:
Sure, runners need speed (I used MLN), but you can play defense with any class. If anything, the problem with CTF was all of people camping their own flag in defense trying to score killstreaks, even when losing badly.

I found that not to be a problem when I played. I wish more people would camp and defend our flag instead of running out like idiots and getting killed over and over again leaving our flag exposed.

What are you supposed to do while defending anything, whether it's a headquarters, flag, or bombsite? Camping for the objective is the only time I don't mind it.

Xux

Man...was pullin' three levels a day with my good buddy Dubblexpee but I only managed to pinch out one tonight. Oh well, M240's still as awesome as ever; can't wait to use my bros TMP, F2000, and AK again.

paskowitz

Anyone know where to get this game used on the cheap? I do not feel like paying Gamestops ridiculous $55. I actually got rid of my copy because it stopped working for no reason... now after playing MOH... I kind of want back.

Edit: spelling/grammar fail.

paskowitz said:
Anyone know where to get this game used on the cheap? I do not feel like paying Gamestops ridiculous $55. I actually got rid of my copy because it stopped working for now reason... now after play MOH... I kind of want back.

http://glyde.com/#!viasearch/products/7974312/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2

Use DTAKER3 for free shipping, $34.31 used.

What do you guys suggest as a silenced secondary? I'm currently using the PP2000 and I'm pretty happy with it, but if there's something better I'm welcome to swapping it out.

I was thinking about giving the Raffica a shot, but I've heard it needs Stopping Power to really be effective, and I don't use SP with that class.

PP2000 is probably the best choice. It's definitely what I've used - the gun is basically an SMG and even works well as a primary so you can't go wrong.

vhfive

ThirstyFly said:
What do you guys suggest as a silenced secondary? I'm currently using the PP2000 and I'm pretty happy with it, but if there's something better I'm welcome to swapping it out.

I was thinking about giving the Raffica a shot, but I've heard it needs Stopping Power to really be effective, and I don't use SP with that class.
depends what your main is. I use the raffica with my sniping class but for almost every thing else I use the spas (I also have one stinger/cold blooded class).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I couldn't resist any longer and I grabbed the 2 DLC packs for PC. I'm loving the maps so far. The remakes are fun (I liked every map they chose) and it's refreshing having to learn maps again/getting lost again.

They also look fantastic on a visual level.

vhfive said:
depends what your main is. I use the raffica with my sniping class but for almost every thing else I use the spas (I also have one stinger/cold blooded class).

On that class I'm using the Scar with extended mags. I guess it's the closest thing to a sniper class I have. I never really got the hang of the Spas :(

Guess I'll just stick with the PP2000.

ThirstyFly said:

I prefer the TMP over the PP2000.

kuYuri

Stallion Free said:
I couldn't resist any longer and I grabbed the 2 DLC packs for PC. I'm loving the maps so far. The remakes are fun (I liked every map they chose) and it's refreshing having to learn maps again/getting lost again.

They also look fantastic on a visual level.

We can play MW2 together. I'm getting the game really soon on PC.

divisionbyzorro said:

To be fair, the TMP + Extended Mags is a beast in hardcore modes (and only hardcore modes) at any range whereas the PP2000 can be unwieldy at long distances. I'd still pick the PP2000 personally, though I can see why some people like the TMP in that situation.

foomfoom415 said:
To be fair, the TMP + Extended Mags is a beast in hardcore modes (and only hardcore modes) at any range whereas the PP2000 can be unwieldy at long distances. I'd still pick the PP2000 personally, though I can see why some people like the TMP in that situation.

Fair enough. But in hardcore, everything is good! Even the Master Key! :lol

Nizz

Man, it seems like I've been doing terribly with this game lately. I was never super amazing like some of you guys here but I had a decent KDR (1.21). Now it's dropped to 1.18.

I don't know if it's because of a combination of it being summertime and with more people picking up PS3s but man. Maybe the kids who are out of school now and playing the game for hours and hours.

Maybe I'm getting old... :(

kuYuri

Stallion Free said:

Silly, I'm already on your list as Psycho.

purple cobra said:
Man, it seems like I've been doing terribly with this game lately. I was never super amazing like some of you guys here but I had a decent KDR (1.21). Now it's dropped to 1.18.

I don't know if it's because of a combination of it being summertime and with more people picking up PS3s but man. Maybe the kids who are out of school now and playing the game for hours and hours.

Maybe I'm getting old... :(

Do you play alone or with friends?

Man, driving around in a tank in WaW is such a joke. Tank maps are so ridiculously easy to beast, it's absurd! Like tonight, I'd go 15-15 on normal maps, but every time there was a tank map I scored like 31-3, 18-0, 28-2...

I know they've already confirmed that Black Ops will have vehicles - and the way they're pimping that singleplayer heli sequence makes me very fearful that they'll stuff it in multiplayer - but damn... I hope they come to their senses and just delete that code right now. It's just not fun for anyone but the driver!

Xux said:
Yeah, it is superior in pretty much every way.
This must be some kind of new internets humor I don't get.

I mean, there's no account for taste, but according to the stats and facts the TMP is inferior to every other machine pistol in every way. Tiny clip, not especially strong, long reload for such a tiny clip/damage per bullet, takes long to pull out (though the PP2k does take longer)... I have a soft spot for the TMP myself - think I simply like the way it just sounds like it's ripping motherfuckers up :lol - but in no way can we claim that it's actually superior to...well, any other gun in the game.

RefigeKru

Banned
Just got the game yesterday, completed the SP campaign which was actually quite entertaining.

I'm going to be online frequently for a while and I've got a headset, if anyone wants to play with me <3 GT: Kid Lykk

Xux

This must be some kind of new internets humor I don't get.

I mean, there's no account for taste, but according to the stats and facts the TMP is inferior to every other machine pistol in every way. Tiny clip, not especially strong, long reload for such a tiny clip/damage per bullet, takes long to pull out (though the PP2k does take longer)... I have a soft spot for the TMP myself - think I simply like the way it just sounds like it's ripping motherfuckers up :lol - but in no way can we claim that it's actually superior to...well, any other gun in the game.

Well, aside from that one attachment that turns it overpowered, I don't think the G18 is as good as the TMP; even with twice the magazine, the recoil means you'll be wasting half of it anyway. Up close and hipfiring seems to be the only place the G18 would be better.

Within the 13 meters that you have a time-to-kill advantage of .038 seconds (and your reflexes and connection are good enough that that means something) and where you're rushing at breakneck speed and need all the fractions of a second raise and reload time you can get, the PP2000'll have a marginal advantage; farther away, where the two guns have the same damage, the lower recoil and higher rate of fire of the TMP'll...have a marginal advantage. It's hard for me to keep track of shooting five bullets on anything with more than 500 RPM, so the five less the TMP has seems pretty trifling.

The Raffica is probably better mid-range but it's less reliable up close with its larger hipspread. Not that machine pistol ADS is slow enough that you wouldn't have the time to ADS. If the first burst doesn't kill, you'll be at a disadvantage, though, probably.

...Not that I really think about all of that stuff; I just use whatever's closest to getting a challenge done. :lol The TMP just doesn't seem worse than the other machine pistols, especially not to the extent of being instant fail like people make it out to be.

I think I might be finally, totally done with this game.

I haven't played in a few weeks (been playing Transformers), and I decided to hop back on this afternoon. In ten straight matches, there were at least two OMA-tubers on each team. Some literally hung back at the furthest ends of the map, blindly firing into the air. It totally ruins the experience!

IW's refusal to fix this shit made me wander, and it might have driven me away completely at this point.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
I think I might be finally, totally done with this game.

I haven't played in a few weeks (been playing Transformers), and I decided to hop back on this afternoon. In ten straight matches, there were at least two OMA-tubers on each team. Some literally hung back at the furthest ends of the map, blindly firing into the air. It totally ruins the experience!

IW's refusal to fix this shit made me wander, and it might have driven me away completely at this point.

Fourzerotwo's pushin' for an OMA fix in the next patch that'll fix the rock on Fuel; he said they were plannin' for it a couple days ago.

itsnervedamage said:
Pretty sure the thing that can fix this is idle sway. Sway on grenade launchers, sway on assault rifles, sway on lmgs idle sway on everything.

I don't think LMGs need any more balance. :lol I doubt sway would have much effect on something with splash damage; I think grenade launchers just need a straight damage nerf. Even if you get two and you recover them one at a time or using them up leaves you with a useless second tier perk afterwards, it's still two relatively free kills. I'd actually say that I think explosives just shouldn't kill by themselves and should be glorified special grenades to finish people that run and hide nearby or to check a window and finish people off with bullet penetration.

Too bad we scared away Rayme and Fourzerotwo doesn't post here as I'd like to hear some relatively candid developer opinions on grenade launchers.

Dresden

Played for about an hour, first time playing in weeks.

I'm pretty bad at the game again, but Barebones Objective Pro=<3. Didn't see a single noobtuber or anyone with Danger Close during that hour. No UAV or anything like that makes some perks useless, but otherwise, it's just a very pleasant experience.

Xux said:
Fourzerotwo's pushin' for an OMA fix in the next patch that'll fix the rock on Fuel; he said they were plannin' for it a couple days ago.

I don't think LMGs need any more balance. :lol I doubt sway would have much effect on something with splash damage; I think grenade launchers just need a straight damage nerf. Even if you get two and you recover them one at a time or using them up leaves you with a useless second tier perk afterwards, it's still two relatively free kills. I'd actually say that I think explosives just shouldn't kill by themselves and should be glorified special grenades to finish people that run and hide nearby or to check a window and finish people off with bullet penetration.

Too bad we scared away Rayme and Fourzerotwo doesn't post here as I'd like to hear some relatively candid developer opinions on grenade launchers.

No! Idle sway rampage. Sway everything!

I don't know, the thing is grenades make sense to break through entrenched defenses, especially in objective games. I think they should buff blast shield instead to try to counter the misuse. I already lose my primary grenade to use it, let me see the mini-map or something so I can have it on actively and counter run and grenade assholes.

An OMA fix would at least force them out with scavenger or something so they can't unlimited camp grenade.

Whatever, this game is so messed up I just goof off anyway and switch to something else when I get annoyed.

Top Bottom