• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Spinning Plates said:
Thats 10k headshots of my 74k kills in 16 days pld btw. Can anyone beat that?
I'm at 12 days playtime with with ~50k kills and ~4k headshots. So somehow I don't think I will match that when reaching 16 days.

kuYuri

Also, this amused me... someone tried to recreate Highrise in CoD4. Screenshots I took:

xfthkj.jpg

4j2a2f.jpg

aku:jiki

Spinning Plates said:
I passed the 10k mark this evening and got nothing. Sucks not to get any kind of recognition.
Ohhh, you meant in total and not for one weapon. Sorry, I'm stupid. :lol

Yeah, that gets you nothing. I have no idea where I'm at for headshots, but I'm close to 200k kills. I have a bit more time played than you do though. :lol

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Anyone get lightweight pro 6 without stopping at level 70? I'm doing a lightweight run right now and I'm not sure if ill get the 200+ miles needed by the time im level 70

amar212

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Anyone get lightweight pro 6 without stopping at level 70? I'm doing a lightweight run right now and I'm not sure if ill get the 200+ miles needed by the time im level 70

Hm.. You should run more I guess.

Yeah, that gets you nothing. I have no idea where I'm at for headshots, but I'm close to 200k kills.
Kinell.
Gotta be some beastly rushing going on there.

cdyhybrid: thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure standard class kills contributed to challenges.

celestial body said:
Kinell.
Gotta be some beastly rushing going on there.
1) Rushing all the time, always.
2) Playing Demolition, where I can get 30-100 kills.
3) Waaaaay more playtime than I will ever admit. :lol

Has anybody come across any predator missle hacks? I was playing FFA last night got a couple of predator missles and could not steer them towards a target. The only way I can describe it is like trying to get two magnets to attract of the same polar charge. Every time I would steer it towards a target something would push it away. Frustrating.

divisionbyzorro said:
Unless you're measuring in "months," I think you're good.
Um... I think I do. :lol

My excuse is that I'm still unemployed since the industry I'm in has taken a huge hit this past year and I need a project of some sort to not go crazy (besides the obvious project of looking for work), so I decided that getting really good at CoD would be my project this time. I usually don't pick such unproductive projects when I end up in situations like this, honest! :lol :lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Anyone know anything about this "infection" stuff? Last night I went to go flash myself before disarming the bomb in S&D, and the flash went off but didn't turn my screen white. People in the lobby seemed to think it was because I had been "infected". So I went to a private game and tried flashing myself, and same thing.

The amount of hacks in this game is just insane. Seen a few people who could obviously see through walls over the last couple of days also.

Nizz

Does anyone know how long Double XP lasts for PS3? Was it just for the past week? I didn't get the new maps but I took advantage of the extra points and I'm at 30 level prestige 4 after starting at the end of the third prestige. Those extra points sure come in handy. :D

Planning to stop at fifth prestige. That'll be enough for me. Too painful playing in a match with crazy air support from the other team ripping you up and no one shoots them down. :( Unbelievable...

purple cobra said:
Does anyone know how long Double XP lasts for PS3? Was it just for the past week? I didn't get the new maps but I took advantage of the extra points and I'm at 30 level prestige 4 after starting at the end of the third prestige. Those extra points sure come in handy. :D

Planning to stop at fifth prestige. That'll be enough for me. Too painful playing in a match with crazy air support from the other team ripping you up and no one shoots them down. :( Unbelievable...
It's supposed to end early tomorrow.

user_nat said:
Anyone know anything about this "infection" stuff? Last night I went to go flash myself before disarming the bomb in S&D, and the flash went off but didn't turn my screen white. People in the lobby seemed to think it was because I had been "infected". So I went to a private game and tried flashing myself, and same thing.

The amount of hacks in this game is just insane. Seen a few people who could obviously see through walls over the last couple of days also.
Oh, that's a new hack, is it? 'Cause just yesterday I was whining to my teammates that my flashes didn't seem to do anything at all... I'd get a damage marker and still get killed and in the killcam, I'd see the guy get the outer-edge flash like my flash missed him when it really didn't.

So, what, we've been infected and our special grenades don't work anymore?! :(

Xux

aku:jiki said:
Oh, that's a new hack, is it? 'Cause just yesterday I was whining to my teammates that my flashes didn't seem to do anything at all... I'd get a damage marker and still get killed and in the killcam, I'd see the guy get the outer-edge flash like my flash missed him when it really didn't.

So, what, we've been infected and our special grenades don't work anymore?! :(

Fourzerotwo mentioned it talking on the Playstation Blog. Apparently it's a side effect of some anti-hack stuff they put in with the playlists and that they've fixed it.

He also said the rock in Fuel and using the Grenade Launcher with OMA will be patched next patch.

Xux

dwin45 said:
What's the consensus on the two map packs? I bought the second one and am considering the first one. Which one is better?

Can't say I particularly hate any of the Resurgence maps and none of them get close to being as bad as Bailout (or Rundown). That said, I do think Salvage is the best map in the game right now and Storm can be pretty fun if your team isn't filled doofuses.

Honestly, I can't even stand the first map pack anymore. Those maps are basically the only maps that ever show up anymore, and they're not even that great. The best map, to me, is Overgrown. The other ones aren't worth the money.

kuYuri

OMG, I won Destructoid's Resurgence Package giveaway for MW2 (they were giving away PC and PS3 versions).

Just when I decided to trade in my 360 version for PC version, what luck. :D :lol

I wish that I could purchase the map packs but then choose to disable them to play in the stock playlists without having to invite a friend. Because honestly there are some days when I just don't feel like Bailout and Carnival. :lol

Xux said:
Fourzerotwo mentioned it talking on the Playstation Blog. Apparently it's a side effect of some anti-hack stuff they put in with the playlists and that they've fixed it.

He also said the rock in Fuel and using the Grenade Launcher with OMA will be patched next patch.
Is it just flash grenades that have been effected?

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
OMG, I won Destructoid's Resurgence Package giveaway for MW2 (they were giving away PC and PS3 versions).

Just when I decided to trade in my 360 version for PC version, what luck. :D :lol
Congratulations man. :D And PC version you're playing now too? Great timing!

Argh, FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Me and my friends took a break from playing all Demolition all the time and ventured into Domination (because Ultimate Sacrifice was my last challenge to complete and it doesn't work in round-based modes), and oh my god people play so horribly in the more popular playlists. I honestly don't see how some of you guys can stand it. It's nothing but noobtubing, tac-knifing, camping and all the bullshit we all hate. All of that is actually rare in Demo!

We finally got it in what we decided would be the last attempt though - and amazingly my team managed to cap all three flags when the enemy team had 199 points, to give me time to get out of the CG and launch. That was way too close!

I just got my first Tactical Nuke in Domination today. :)

It was on Highrise, and yes, I was desperate, so I camped at C. I have never been so shaky in my life. I don't know why it was so intense trying to get a Nuke. :lol

But now, life is complete. I can stop using the horrible Nuke setup and actually use the best Killstreak in the game: the UAV.

WhiteShadow40

Neo Member
Shadow of the Sun said:
Has anybody come across any predator missle hacks? I was playing FFA last night got a couple of predator missles and could not steer them towards a target. The only way I can describe it is like trying to get two magnets to attract of the same polar charge. Every time I would steer it towards a target something would push it away. Frustrating.

I've had this happen a few times but it has only happened when we have a shitty host so I always blame it on the lag

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
-Yeti said:
I just got my first Tactical Nuke in Domination today. :)

It was on Highrise, and yes, I was desperate, so I camped at C. I have never been so shaky in my life. I don't know why it was so intense trying to get a Nuke. :lol

But now, life is complete. I can stop using the horrible Nuke setup and actually use the best Killstreak in the game: the UAV.

congrats

now you just need 9 more for the emblem ;)

Sup,

Have you guys got a regular nGAF team about?

Would like to throw you a TDM challenge, GMT times. Anytime in the week from about 9pm.

It would only be the 1 (maybe stay for a few more) Team Death Match game.

:D

This thread is a good check of my skill level. Everyone talks about their killstreak-less nukes. If I get a Pavelow WITH killstreaks, Im THRILLED! :lol I just dont understand how ya'll pull some of the scores semi-consistantly with all the BS going on.

TheApatheticOne said:
This thread is a good check of my skill level. Everyone talks about their killstreak-less nukes. If I get a Pavelow WITH killstreaks, Im THRILLED! :lol I just dont understand how ya'll pull some of the scores semi-consistantly with all the BS going on.

Right there with you. I get excited every time I can actually call out a Chopper Gunner, and it seems like I have to camp most of the time to even get my killstreaks going. :(

vhfive

TheApatheticOne said:
same. my goal every game is to have a kill death ratio over 1.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE CAPTURE THE FLAG WENT and when it'll come back??!! I am not happy!!!! I don't want to wade through the other modes just to play Capture the Flag!!

Top Bottom