• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

Wow, I think I just played against some of the most insecure little shits who've ever played a CoD. :lol

First of all, they never planted anything (Demo) at all and just camped like little bitches in dark corners, or close to your tactical insertion. At one point, one guy got pissed that I ruined his shitty camping so he started tac-knifing instead and his buddy was camping so hard that when everybody else in the match averaged like 25-25, he had 8-7. Yet every time their randoms helped them win, they would be bragging until their throats went sore about how awesome they are. It sounded so pathetic! :lol

Best part was in a match where nobody on my team had mics. There had thus been zero trash-talking from our side, obviously! Even still, when their randoms helped them win another round, they started yelling so many insults at us that it was incredible. Seriously, they were going on and on and on and on with crap like "You're shit! Not so tough now are ya?!" And, judging from their gamertags, these guys were 18-20. Grow the fuck up! :lol :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
My best game ever came in a round of Barebones TDM. 40-1. Claymores FTW.
You dirty camper! :lol

aku:jiki said:
Wow, I think I just played against some of the most insecure little shits who've ever played a CoD. :lol

First of all, they never planted anything (Demo) at all and just camped like little bitches in dark corners, or close to your tactical insertion. At one point, one guy got pissed that I ruined his shitty camping so he started tac-knifing instead and his buddy was camping so hard that when everybody else in the match averaged like 25-25, he had 8-7. Yet every time their randoms helped them win, they would be bragging until their throats went sore about how awesome they are. It sounded so pathetic! :lol

Best part was in a match where nobody on my team had mics. There had thus been zero trash-talking from our side, obviously! Even still, when their randoms helped them win another round, they started yelling so many insults at us that it was incredible. Seriously, they were going on and on and on and on with crap like "You're shit! Not so tough now are ya?!" And, judging from their gamertags, these guys were 18-20. Grow the fuck up! :lol :lol

Man if only I wasn't workin I wouldve came in and tore those camping weiners to shreds with my SPAS class. :)

Sure, if you wanna call it that :lol . We were playing on Skidrow, and I was playing with a friend who was pretty new to the game. So I told him that we would hole up in the apartment with the mounted MG and let them come to us. I planted one claymore at the bottom of the stairs leading to the C flag, and then put myself at the bottom of the outside stairs in the little ditch with my silenced TAR. It wasn't but a few seconds before I caught someone coming out of the apartment at the end of the alley, which gave me a second claymore to put by the dumpster.

I spent the rest of the match running back and forth between my two claymore positions, replacing them as the idiots on the other team kept running into them. I kept mixing up the precise locations so they were never in the same exact place. I must have gotten 20+ claymore kills in that match. It's not like I was moving the claymores that much; a single flash grenade and a coordinated push from one direction would have likely taken us out, but they never bothered. The claymores covered the flanks and we picked them off in the middle.

After the match, I had to explain my friend that claymores aren't usually an auto-win button; he was convinced I was exploiting some balance issue and couldn't believe that the enemy could have been that stupid..

divisionbyzorro said:
After the match, I had to explain my friend that claymores aren't usually an auto-win button; he was convinced I was exploiting some balance issue and couldn't believe that the enemy could have been that stupid..

It still blows me away how I can go 32-5 in a match when the rest of my team tanks with 1-14 scores and we lose.

Unbelievable. :(

Kujo

Lionheart1827 said:
It still blows me away how I can go 32-5 in a match when the rest of my team tanks with 1-14 scores and we lose.
Just had one of those types of games before..

2iu8fvt.jpg

I give them a 40 kill advantage and we still lose, ugh. And that was just with flanking with a UMP on Estate and a 3-4-5 KS. I hate randoms

Btw C4 > Claymores

Mojo said:
Just had one of those types of games before..
Me too, even had one kid intentionally going 10-145 by constantly blowing himself up with C4. Sometimes he accidently got an enemy in the blast and complained about it!

Fortunately, it was Demolition and I think the other team was as confused as me by what the fuck my team was doing, because I managed to plant everything and win for us. :lol

Xux

Carnival's Domination flags are positioned weird. I can see what they were going for, A and B can be covered from the castle balcony and B and C can be covered from the second floor of the Fun Haus, but A and B are too close to each other and a lot of B is blocked from the Fun Haus' balcony's view by the sign in front of the castle. I think B would've been better back behind the roller coaster around where the HQ that spawns over there is.

Switched from UAV to Counter UAV; UAV made me feel all nice and helpful but Counter UAV makes me feel like kind of a dick. Anyway, it's almost like giving everyone on my team silencers and I don't feel as reliant on the radar so I'm likin' it so far.

Some Australian show took a look at Black Ops. Not a whole lot new, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IvvmtQ_FVg

A lot of the Domination flag positions are incredibly fucked up and cover important parts of the maps at certain angles. IW didn't test this game at all.

cdyhybrid

Xux said:
Carnival's Domination flags are positioned weird. I can see what they were going for, A and B can be covered from the castle balcony and B and C can be covered from the second floor of the Fun Haus, but A and B are too close to each other and a lot of B is blocked from the Fun Haus' balcony's view by the sign in front of the castle. I think B would've been better back behind the roller coaster around where the HQ that spawns over there is.

Switched from UAV to Counter UAV; UAV made me feel all nice and helpful but Counter UAV makes me feel like kind of a dick. Anyway, it's almost like giving everyone on my team silencers and I don't feel as reliant on the radar so I'm likin' it so far.

Glad to hear that they're working on multiplayer from the beginning in parallel to single player. Hopefully they learn from all the things IW did wrong. Cautiously optimistic about Black Ops.

I hate it takes a little bit after you prestige to get the Stinger. Whenever I dont have the Stinger, or do not have it equipped at least, and a Harrier or Pave Low hits, there is a 99% chance my team will do nothing about it, and those killstreaks will get at least 7-10 kills. I had no choice yesterday but to stay inside building because my team was too busy trying to take their killstreaks down by running around underneath them, waving their arms and doing nothing.

The matchingmaking is horrible. Out of 10 games yesterday of MTDM, I was 1st on my team 7 times. This was with scores like 15-16. While the other teams top dogs where always 20-2, 18-1, 15-0, 14-3 all the way down the list. I have played this way too seldomly recently that if Im finishing first, its the blind leading the blind type stuff. I was pretty much placed on 10 random teams that not only did we lose everytime, we got completely destroyed and toyed with.

Also - Im ashamed that I actually watched a quickscoping MW2 tutorial on youtube. Haven't put it to practice, but man I feel like that if I dont learn that, a lot of games will be pulling up the sights on my FAL, SPAS, SCAR, etc. and dying before I get a shot off. Played so many of these guys yesterday running around with the Intervention without a care in the world, getting more headshots than Im getting kills period.

I'm completing the various achievements I never bothered to do in MW2 now and I'm kinda surprised to see that most of the weapons act differently. Not just the weirdo combinations (scoped AUG with rapid fire? :lol), but the M4 actually has recoil in singleplayer! Why would they go ahead and make the weapons much easier to use in MP? That doesn't make any sense...

Xux said:

Hey, hey, the wall behind them when they're testing out shooting at Spetsnaz might have some clues! It's a collection of weapons... I see a Mini-Uzi, AUG, Skorpion, AK-74u, M16, MP5 and a SPAS without stock. None of these were in WaW (obviously) so they must be research for BO. :D

Effect

How is the PC version of this? Hard to go by Amazon.com reviews of it. Is online for this version popular or is it and the game secondary to the console versions?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Effect said:
How is the PC version of this? Hard to go by Amazon.com reviews of it. Is online for this version popular or is it and the game secondary to the console versions?
It's great. It runs incredibly well, looks fantastic (vastly superior to the console versions), and has pretty much all the same annoyances online (though we don't get many morons trying to do 360 snipes :( ).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Effect said:
Is DSL okay as long as you don't host?
Yeah, you can't really decide who hosts, just like on the consoles. Ideally, you won't be picked as host, but in the case you are and people feel lag, they will figure out that you are hosting and then harass you until you leave so that the host is moved to someone else (who hopefully has a better connection).

Fuck it, I hate dumb teams. Constantly enemy harriers poppin' up, the enemies are dug in and my team just runs in their gunfire and nobody cares shit about what's actually going on..

Stallion Free said:
(though we don't get many morons trying to do 360 snipes :( ).

Ive actually seen this start happening recently, it looks fucking stupid on the PC :lol Isnt the whole point of these spins that the auto-aim on the console slows down the spin to nail the shot ? Anyway, most of the time they miss spectacularly :lol

Anyway, PC versions great if you dont mind the lack of dedicated servers, its online setup is exactly the same as the consoles. Looks, runs and controls great.

kuYuri

Hey, hey, the wall behind them when they're testing out shooting at Spetsnaz might have some clues! It's a collection of weapons... I see a Mini-Uzi, AUG, Skorpion, AK-74u, M16, MP5 and a SPAS without stock. None of these were in WaW (obviously) so they must be research for BO. :D

CoD wiki does a pretty good job of keeping tabs on what weapons are seeing in the various trailers or other sources.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

Scroll down to "confirmed weapons."

Strider2K99 said:
CoD wiki does a pretty good job of keeping tabs on what weapons are seeing in the various trailers or other sources.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

Scroll down to "confirmed weapons."
Nice, thanks!

List looks good so far, though I'm a little worried about these ammo types. I really hope they don't end up putting in an ammo type that just pisses us off... These Dragon's Breath ones might be just that. :/

Why are they bringing back the M1911 though? Such a boring, generic handgun... Give us more iconic alternatives like a Glock, a classic wild west Colt, a Luger or whatever it is James Bond uses! :lol

Nizz

So I guess if you don't own the Resurgence map pack you're screwed? I've only bought the Stimulus pack so far since money's tight. But I tried playing last night and couldn't find a single damn game. And when I did, it was 100ms or over and I always had two yellow bars or a red dot.

I guess 99% of the player base bought the maps. Looks like I'll have to end up getting the maps anyway somehow.

purple cobra said:
So I guess if you don't own the Resurgence map pack you're screwed? I've only bought the Stimulus pack so far since money's tight. But I tried playing last night and couldn't find a single damn game. And when I did, it was 100ms or over and I always had two yellow bars or a red dot.

I guess 99% of the player base bought the maps. Looks like I'll have to end up getting the maps anyway somehow.
I am in the same situation and noticed that matchmaking was different too... now it searches for 8 games instead of 24 and started searching from 70ms instead of 30ms. The game I got into I had 120ms ping.

It's like they are fucking with the matchmaking just so that people would buy the add-on (and I wouldn't be surprised at all, anyway). Also I hate that Stimulus playlist is now gone, it was my favorite, only thing I played since the first pack came out.

ScrubJay

purple cobra said:

I bought Resurgence, not stimulus, and ran into the same thing. Before I could find games instantly. The playerbase either has both map packs, or none at all, very few have just one.

Xux

Why are they bringing back the M1911 though? Such a boring, generic handgun... Give us more iconic alternatives like a Glock, a classic wild west Colt, a Luger or whatever it is James Bond uses! :lol

wut, the M1911 is hella popular and was the service pistol of the US for, like, 70+ years. It's also the one gun that's been in every CoD game. I have it on all of my kits in MW and WaW and would in MW2 if they didn't leave it out of MP.

They need to put in the Makarov, though; the third game where Russia's controlled by the bad guys and they don't even have their own pistol.

Heck of want to try that RPK, too.

You watch your mouth son! The 1911 is way more iconic than a glock! :lol

Plus, if I was facing Spetsnaz I'd want a nice trusty 1911(45ACP) rather than james bonds dinky little PPK.

AMERICAA FUCK YEAHH!!!

Xux

Lionheart1827 said:
Ok guys, remember when I posted this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvz4bRTZDKo

Well my buddy and I were just playing and we came across 3 players in a clan doing the same thing. It has to be some kind of system hack where bullets dont do damage. Knifing is the only thing that works.

I swear, what a bunch of pussies.

Playing on 360 sounds like such a nightmare.

Xux said:
Playing on 360 sounds like such a nightmare.

Its not so bad, this was like one lobby out of the whole night. Its frustrating, but we just quit and report the bastards. This is literally the only hacked games that I've seen since the javglitch/superspeed/care package glitches in november-january.

I've seen people with modded consoles and stupid fake names, but thats really the extent. We usually crush regardless. :lol

I just played a few matches of shotgun only in WaW and, damn it, I hate that they're making them primaries again in Black Ops. They just don't work! There are never any maps where a shotgun is a better idea than an SMG. You're constantly stuck in a corner trying to think of a way to get that MP40 user who, of course, is smart enough to back out of your shotgun's range. Hell, going shotgun isn't even a good idea on Shipment! Shipment!

Posted this before a hundred times, but I just don't understand what the problem with powerful secondaries is supposed to be. Having one weapon for long range and one for short range is extremely useful, and knowing when to switch is a skill and testament to map knowledge and enemy traffic. Removing machine gun secondaries makes sense, because IW weren't smart enough to limit them to very short range and the PP2000 is a better SMG than any primary SMG is, but shotguns are fine to me.

Xux said:
wut, the M1911 is hella popular and was the service pistol of the US for, like, 70+ years. It's also the one gun that's been in every CoD game. I have it on all of my kits in MW and WaW and would in MW2 if they didn't leave it out of MP.
I don't know if you mean in real life, but I'm not american so I don't care about that stuff. If you mean in-game, sorry man, but I really don't think you're the benchmark for what's "hella popular" - you love the TMP and the F2000. :lol

The handguns I see the most in CoD4 and WaW are, of course, the strongest ones... Deagle and Magnum. Besides those, I rarely see dropped handguns in CoD4 (since nobody uses Last Stand there anymore, basically) but the more popular one in WaW seems to be the Tokarev. Not sure why myself, but it's the one I see on the ground more often than others.

If americans love the M1911 for historical reasons, that's cool, but you gotta realize that quite a few of those millions of copies of CoD are sold outside the US and we don't know your military history. Besides our own countries' weapons (and Sweden's are kinda dull and generic too), we only know what we see in movies! So I want to see more movie guns... :D

stufffffff

I figured you weren't american! :)

If were gonna be playing during nam as americans though, its only logical that the 1911 is present. Its almost like not having a garand or a thompson smg in a ww2 game. Actually next year is the 100th anniversary of the firearm. As much as I love the bond series, having a ppk while going after charlie just wouldn't be accurate. :D

But I do agree with you on the shotgun thing. I like having versatility in my classes. The SPAS has some awesome range but hell you're still screwed in an open field without a ranged weapon. Plus there's always times you see a guy you know is just out of reach and switching to your primary gets the job done.

Accidentus

Neo Member
I just played a few matches of shotgun only in WaW and, damn it, I hate that they're making them primaries again in Black Ops. They just don't work! There are never any maps where a shotgun is a better idea than an SMG. You're constantly stuck in a corner trying to think of a way to get that MP40 user who, of course, is smart enough to back out of your shotgun's range. Hell, going shotgun isn't even a good idea on Shipment! Shipment!
I think it could work if they boosted the range to the point where they operate like actual shotguns. You know, where you can shoot a guy from farther then 20 feet.

Posted this before a hundred times, but I just don't understand what the problem with powerful secondaries is supposed to be. Having one weapon for long range and one for short range is extremely useful, and knowing when to switch is a skill and testament to map knowledge and enemy traffic. Removing machine gun secondaries makes sense, because IW weren't smart enough to limit them to very short range and the PP2000 is a better SMG than any primary SMG is, but shotguns are fine to me.

I agree with this 100%, especially the part about Machine Pistols. They just straight-up shouldn't exist.

I just had the most random triple frag ever, or a quad if you include me! :lol

Was playing CoD4 on District. We had them spawn-locked and I got a little too cocky and went too far, got shot at and tried to prone out to heal. Of course, a cooked grenade lands right in my face. In desperation, I just toss it like 3 feet ahead of me and boom, triple kill! I didn't even see them at all from behind my cover. :lol :lol

Accidentus said:
I think it could work if they boosted the range to the point where they operate like actual shotguns. You know, where you can shoot a guy from farther then 20 feet.
But that would just be insane. Everybody would run around with shotguns for the easy one-hit kills. The range and power in MW2 is fine (maybe tone down the SPAS :lol), but they should be secondaries.

divisionbyzorro said:
I agree with this 100%, especially the part about Machine Pistols. They just straight-up shouldn't exist.
Not as they are right now, no way. I use the PP2000 more than the primary on that kit, and that's just wrong. If they had a much higher rate of fire than they do, but extremely short range (i.e. like a shotgun), that would be fine by me. A spray noob's alternative to a shotgun. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Best news I've heard all day. FUCK SHOTGUNS!

Brian Fellows said:
Best news I've heard all day. FUCK SHOTGUNS!
I'm also glad they are doing that. They are taking into account a lot of fan annoyances with black ops, this was a big one for me personally.

This way if you see someone running a fucking muck with a shotgun you know they are mad pro.

USD

And order is restored in the universe. Shotgun users -1000000.

Man, so much shotgun bitching! :lol

If shotguns are as good in BO as they are in MW2, then they could be valid as primaries. But shotguns in W@W were ass, especially when your secondary was a shitty pistol.

But remember that the dude maining the SPAS in MW2 isn't using his "primary," so his shotty might as well be a primary weapon. Designating it as a secondary makes no difference; it's all in your head.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
But remember that the dude maining the SPAS in MW2 isn't using his "primary," so his shotty might as well be a primary weapon. Designating it as a secondary makes no difference; it's all in your head.

This I agree with. I also mentioned it earlier in the thread, but in the grand scheme of things, having a shotgun as a secondary doesn't make a big difference because you were going to get killed by the shotgun regardless if it was a primary or secondary weapon.

Having a shotgun as a secondary comes with some weaknesses too, like the weapon switch time.

Top Bottom