• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DoomGyver

I'm still sad that they didn't put the m14 in, or given us the option to use iron sights on the m21. Someone worked hard on that model too, it probably has the best irons in the game.

I still play breach and clear so I can play with it.

aku:jiki said:
That one's bothering me too! It's been ages since I saw an update on my progress - I stole a care package and got "Hijacker! II: 50 crates stolen" or whatever on my screen. That was seriously back in early may or something...

Speaking of secret challenge emblems, I noticed yesterday that there is indeed a slot for the spinning skull emblem (wedged between the CoD4 prestige emblems and the MW2 ones). Has anybody confirmed how to get it? I know the old info is that it's to complete all other challenges, but I've never seen that fully confirmed...

I think IW made it impossible to get so that you can tell who has bought their prestiges and who hasn't :lol

Dresden said:
The TMP is terrible. Every other machine pistol outclasses it. Just run with the PP2k if you want something that's accurate.
Not a single machine pistol is better than the TMP. It's like the ACR of machine pistols - it has no recoil if used with a silencer. It kills pretty much 100% of the time, and doesn't have that annoying click like the PP2000 when you first press triangle.

zam

After a total of 20 days played I finally reached 10th prestige lvl 70! Took a while but I finally got there :D

Sunako said:
Not a single machine pistol is better than the TMP. It's like the ACR of machine pistols - it has no recoil if used with a silencer. It kills pretty much 100% of the time, and doesn't have that annoying click like the PP2000 when you first press triangle.
ALL machine pistols are better than the TMP. The TMP has such a tiny fucking clip and the damage is so low you spend that whole clip trying to kill one guy. I'd go with any other machine pistol over the TMP any day. Raffica & PP2000 have higher damage than the TMP. The G18 has the same amount of damage as the TMP (but with higher fire-rate and twice the clip size). It is unequivocally worse than any other machine pistol.

VALKYRAY

Banned
there's no need to argue with someone who's mentally challenged. TMP sucks ass in MW2. it's a fact. nobody uses that piece of shit.

zam

VALKYRAY said:
there's no need to argue with someone who's mentally challenged. TMP sucks ass in MW2. it's a fact. nobody uses that piece of shit.
I know but it seems like every other day there is someone posting something stupid and/or unsubstantiated in this thread; "The F2000 is the best weapon in the game", "There are tons of fans clamoring to make shotguns primaries again", "The TMP is the best machine pistol" etc.

Sunako said:

with a silencer? it has no recoil at all, with anything.

rezuth

VALKYRAY said:
I'll have to say that it really depends on how you use it, it is far from sucking but I would not grade it as a class a weapon.

I'll also have to say that I don't like fuel or carnival at all. Carnival is okay in TDM but anything else it is so annoying in.

VALKYRAY said:
Excuse me?
zam said:
ALL machine pistols are better than the TMP. The TMP has such a tiny fucking clip and the damage is so low you spend that whole clip trying to kill one guy. I'd go with any other machine pistol over the TMP any day. Raffica & PP2000 have higher damage than the TMP. The G18 has the same amount of damage as the TMP (but with higher fire-rate and twice the clip size). It is unequivocally worse than any other machine pistol.
Are you telling me that the G18 is better than the TMP? You let more than two bullets go at a time on that thing and you might as well be staring at the clouds. It all comes down to personal opinion anyhow, so there's no need to grill me and Xux for our TMP lovin'.

cdyhybrid

Sunako said:
Excuse me?

Are you telling me that the G18 is better than the TMP? You let more than two bullets go at a time on that thing and you might as well be staring at the clouds. It all comes down to personal opinion anyhow, so there's no need to grill me and Xux for our TMP lovin'.

I don't know anyone who uses the G18 without Akimbo (unless they don't have it unlocked yet). Akimbo G18s will wreck shit close range, but it's still outclassed by the Raffica.

DoomGyver

I'm having really good results in SND with

M21 silenced
m93r silenced
claymore
smoke
soh
cb
ninja

People freak when they don't know where they're being shot from.

Full Recovery said:
I'm having really good results in SND with

M21 silenced
m93r silenced
claymore
smoke
soh
cb
ninja

People freak when they don't know where they're being shot from.
Replace SoH with Scavenger Pro and you're set.

DoomGyver

DarknessTear said:
Scavenger in S&D is stupid. Sleight of Hand is better for scoping in faster, too. M21 can die in a fire, though.
Don't hate bro, at least I'm not running around vacant quickscoping with a interv.
DarknessTear said:
Wait, I just noticed you're using a silenced sniper rifle with cold blooded. -_- That's such a horrible idea.
Actually, it's the best sniper to suppress while using cold blooded. It's basically a suppressed assault rifle with the smg/sniper running speed that can drop people in 2 shots and you get a gillie suit.

kuYuri

Sunako said:

That "click" you speak of is the safety being taken off, which only happens once. Every time you switch weapons after that, it doesn't happen again.

I always make sure to switch to my PP2000 after every spawn to make sure the safety isn't on in time of need.

Strider2K99 said:
That "click" you speak of is the safety being taken off, which only happens once. Every time you switch weapons after that, it doesn't happen again.

I always make sure to switch to my PP2000 after every spawn to make sure the safety isn't on in time of need.
I'm aware of that. But you don't have to switch anything off with the TMP. :D I play mostly hardcore modes, so maybe that's why I love it so much. But even when I use it on regular TDM modes, it still rapes anally.

Sealda

Banned
Okay my results are in. After 11 days played and around 2.3 in kdr (was 2.6, 1 month ago) the winner is

Tar- 21 ACOG
G21 akimbo
Steady Aim Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Sleight Of Hand Pro

best kit ever
kthxbye

I played COD4 always with ACOG. Preferable the golden AK47 ACOG the AKOG47. Best game set up in that game too.

aku:jiki

Sunako said:
Nobody's telling you what weapons to like, but it really which weapon is better really isn't up to personal preference. The TMP is just simply inferior to everything else, stat-wise.

Check this site out:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

There you can see that if you compare the PP2k and the TMP, the TMP loses in every single category! PP2k has 40-20 damage, TMP has 30-20. PP2k reload 1.9s, TMP has 2.12s. PP2k's capacity is 20, TMP's is 15. PP2k drop time .45, TMP .55.

The G18 does indeed have generally lower stats than the TMP, but the one thing this chart doesn't take into account is that G18 has glitched accuracy. Put on akimbo G18's and akimbo TMP's and compare the on-screen reticule and you'll see it - the G18's reticule is still tiny like you're not using akimbo. So you can fire twice the amount of bullets and do twice the damage of a single G18 or a TMP, but with basically the same accuracy.

I do have a soft spot for the one time I somehow managed a triple kill without reloading (duh) and with a non-akimbo'd TMP though! I still don't know how they managed to line up so perfectly. :lol

Sealda said:
best kit ever
kthxbye
ACOG? Yeah...no. Try again. :D

CozMick

Banned
UMP45 - the most overpowered piece of shit in the entire game.

You know theres a problem when the majority of players decide to use it over an assault rifle. :lol

DoomGyver

Xux said:
Dammit, can't this game let me have a break and put me on the team that's going to win?
I just played a game of search where I had double the kills of my team. Double. They all had 3 or 4 deaths in 4 rounds.

I mean, come on.

DoomGyver

From my experience the acog is only good on the ACR, M16, FAMAS, FAL, and M21. It does more harm than good on other weapons.

It would be great for snipers if you could

1 hold your breath
2 if it was actually clear and not so blurry

aku:jiki

Sealda said:
If you can master it which you obviously cannot.
You're right, I obviously have no clue how to do well in this game.

28958_1448869183364_1282239271_1262163_6855472_n.jpg

Also, you're quite obviously a massive camper if you prefer distance-scoping to a regular red dot. No way in hell do you run and gun with an ACOG.

Full Recovery said:
It would be great for snipers if you could

1 hold your breath
No, that's a balance thing. You're trading longshots for close range, an ACOG shouldn't be able to do both.

Sunako said:
I'm aware of that. But you don't have to switch anything off with the TMP. :D I play mostly hardcore modes, so maybe that's why I love it so much. But even when I use it on regular TDM modes, it still rapes anally.

Ahh; see, that explains it. When you play Hardcore modes, any gun can be good. Since you seem to mostly use the TMP in Hardcore, it's natural that it's the machine pistol that you're the most familiar with. And since it's the MP you're most familiar with, it follows that it's the one that you'll do best with across all the modes. But that doesn't make it better; it means that you don't understand how best to use the machine pistols in regular modes. The TMP is objectively worse than all the other MPs. And if you need to switch to a secondary to pick someone off at a distance (which is the only way that the gun's increased accuracy would give you any benefit), you have accuracy issues in general.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
Ahh; see, that explains it. When you play Hardcore modes, any gun can be good. Since you seem to mostly use the TMP in Hardcore, it's natural that it's the machine pistol that you're the most familiar with. And since it's the MP you're most familiar with, it follows that it's the one that you'll do best with across all the modes. But that doesn't make it better; it means that you don't understand how best to use the machine pistols in regular modes. The TMP is objectively worse than all the other MPs. And if you need to switch to a secondary to pick someone off at a distance (which is the only way that the gun's increased accuracy would give you any benefit), you have accuracy issues in general.

See, I was about to agree with you if you didn't have to talk smack at the end. :lol

Why would I waste the time to tap out four shots with the MP5k when I could go full auto and kill them in just about the same amount of shots with the TMP? I mean, this whole argument's about efficiency, right? All of those milliseconds aku:jiki mentioned might add up and give you the extra time to get an extra assist or even a kill! Those five bullets'll go a long way; I can always tell the instant someone's dead and stop shooting so I don't waste any bullets! Lower recoil, better iron sights, and a higher rate of fire can't beat that! Why would I use marginally worse guns when I could just use the same gun I've used the last 3000 matches?

Sealda

Banned
aku:jiki said:
You're right, I obviously have no clue how to do well in this game.

No, that's a balance thing. You're trading longshots for close range, an ACOG shouldn't be able to do both.

I can shoot close range with the ACOG. Heck i can quick scope with any sniper if i want close up. Fact is with Sleight Of Hand Pro i get up my scope faster than non SOH pro with normal red dot. Fact is i would never say it was the best kit in the game (for me) if i could not do both up close and long distance. Fact is if its close enough i just shoot from the hip, i got steady aim remember and i also got akimbo G21 (amazingly good).

Its a myth that you cannot ACOG close up. ACOG basically cuts of the amount of space needed for your aim to travel to the target. So i basically gets to the target closer. Fact is the TAR21 is a beast that got almost no recoil long distance (good for ACOG) and got massive firepower up close.

Also you posting a random picture of you owning in 1 match...

I got photos of 10 nukes within the first 2 weeks of the game. I am not saying that makes me a good player but its as valid argument as your photo...

Also i said you have not mastered the ACOG thats why you complain. Then you post that photo which in no way means your good with the ACOG. Also, i said you probably suck with the ACOG thats why you so stubborn. I did not say your bad at this game overall.

Xux said:
See, I was about to agree with you if you didn't have to talk smack at the end. :lol

Why would I waste the time to tap out four shots with the MP5k when I could go full auto and kill them in just about the same amount of shots with the TMP? I mean, this whole argument's about efficiency, right? All of those milliseconds aku:jiki mentioned might add up and give you the extra time to get an extra assist or even a kill! Those five bullets'll go a long way; I can always tell the instant someone's dead and stop shooting so I don't waste any bullets! Lower recoil, better iron sights, and a higher rate of fire can't beat that! Why would I use marginally worse guns when I could just use the same gun I've used the last 3000 matches?

You're going to compare the TMP to the worst SMG in the game? Hardly a good comparison. Yes, the MP5k has to tap out shots to kill at range, but the other SMGs don't have that issue.

And what's the fun of a message board without a little smack talk? :)

zam

Sunako said:
Excuse me?

I am talking about actual weapon stats, you are welcome to your own opinion but not your own facts. And yes I would take the G18 over the TMP because A) Akimbo G18 wreck shit up close range B) As aku:jiki said you get a much smalle reticule which allows you to be more accurate with it hipfiring C) It isn't that hard to counter-act the recoil yourself

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
You're going to compare the TMP to the worst SMG in the game? Hardly a good comparison. Yes, the MP5k has to tap out shots to kill at range, but the other SMGs don't have that issue.

And what's the fun of a message board without a little smack talk? :)

wut I was comparing the TMP to the PP2000; that's what the debate has been about. I just mentioned the MP5k 'cause that's what my post before was about. But yeah, runnin', say, the Vector, which is good close range and the best SMG long range, I wouldn't have to tap (I'd burst instead), and pick whatever kind of secondary I felt like at the time.
Roffle.

Also, encountered a massive new glitch last night; I joined a game in progress...AND IT PUT ME ON A TEAM THAT WAS WINNING THE GAME. I'm gonna tweet 402 about it right away.

USD

PetriP-TNT said:
FINALLY got Lightweight lvl 6! Now I only have SitRep (200 currently) and Last Stand to go (2 currently :|)
You might only have 2 kills, but you're finish Last Stand in a tenth of the time it will take to finish SitRep.

zam

Xux said:
wut I was comparing the TMP to the PP2000; that's what the debate has been about. I just mentioned the MP5k 'cause that's what my post before was about.
Uh, the debate (if you wanna call it that) has been about you saying the TMP is better than all other machine pistols, which it is not.
And it isn't better than the PP2K

Xux said:
But yeah, runnin', say, the Vector, which is good close range and the best SMG long range
Wait what, Vector is the best long range SMG? Have you even tried the UMP? These are just your personal opinions but they have no basis in actual facts and statistics.

Patrick Bateman said:
Btw: Fuel is the shittiest map of all MW2-maps.

I don't mind Fuel except against teams who insist on hiding in the geometry. It's hella fun in 4v4 TDM barebones.
Wasteland is still my most hated map by far.
Vacant is pretty fucking awful too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
foomfoom415 said:
I don't mind Fuel except against teams who insist on hiding in the geometry. It's hella fun in 4v4 TDM barebones.
Wasteland is still my most hated map by far.
Vacant is pretty fucking awful too.

Yeah I hate Vacant. Not a big fan of fuel either. Love Wasteland though as its always filled with snipers and snipers are such easy prey.

Xux

zam said:
Wait what, Vector is the best long range SMG? Have you even tried the UMP? These are just your personal opinions but they have no basis in actual facts and statistics.

What are you talking about? Vector has less recoil and kills .01 seconds faster at long range with stopping power. Don't try and pull the opinion card on me.

zam

Xux said:
What are you talking about? Vector has less recoil and kills .01 seconds faster at long range with stopping power. Don't try and pull the opinion card on me.
Dude, the UMP does 40 damage at close range and 35 at long range, the Vector does 25 damage at close range and 20 at long range and the recoil on the UMP is super easy to control.

If you want to talk stopping power then the Vector does 35 damage at close range with stopping power, so a Vector with stopping power does less damage than a UMP without stopping power. A Vector with stopping power does the same damage at close range as a silenced UMP without stopping power (and does less dmg than a silenced UMP at long range). In fact at range a stopping powered Vector does 7 less damage than a UMP without stopping power.

Here are the actual stats for weapons, maybe you should check them out http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

Xux

zam said:
Dude, the UMP does 40 damage at close range and 35 at long range, the Vector does 25 damage at close range and 20 at long range and the recoil on the UMP is super easy to control.

If you want to talk stopping power then the Vector does 35 damage at close range with stopping power, so a Vector with stopping power does less damage than a UMP without stopping power. A Vector with stopping power does the same damage at close range as a silenced UMP without stopping power (and does less dmg than a silenced UMP at long range). In fact at range a stopping powered Vector does 7 less damage than a UMP without stopping power.

Here are the actual stats for weapons, maybe you should check them out before you start confusing opinions with facts http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

That's the site I used. The point is that the difference is really tiny; without SP, Vector loses by .06 seconds. That's what all of those numbers translate to. Obviously dealing with guns that time could make a difference someday but I don't think it's enough for everyone that plays this game to circle jerk with their UMPs every match, completely dismiss every other SMG, and attack everyone that suggests this game is close to balanced.

zam

Xux said:
That's the site I used. The point is that the difference is really tiny; without SP, Vector loses by .06 seconds. That's what all of those numbers translate to. Obviously dealing with guns that time could make a difference someday but I don't think it's enough for everyone that plays this game to circle jerk with their UMPs every match, completely dismiss every other SMG, and attack everyone that suggests this game is close to balanced.
Yeah, I am in no way circle jerking the UMP, dismissing every other SMG or attacking anyone suggesting that the game is close to balanced, if that is what you are trying to get at.

I'm all for people using whatever weapon they want out of personal preference, but they need to keep in mind that those personal preferences aren't the same for everyone, or that those personal preferences are the same as facts.

If you like using the TMP, more power to you, I can't stand it compared to any other machine pistol. But when you say it outclasses every other machine pistol then it's getting a bit out of hand.

I have noting against the Vector, in fact its the SMG I'm currently running with on my SMG class, having done the 2500 kills challenges on the UMP, MP5k and P90, and I love the look and the sound of the Vector (especially with a red dot and silencer on it). It is really good at spitting out tons of bullets really fast at close range and akimbo vectors up close are a blast. But I wouldn't say that it is better than the UMP at long range.

Top Bottom