• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Xux

zam said:
Yeah, I am in no way circle jerking the UMP, dismissing every other SMG or attacking anyone suggesting that the game is close to balanced, if that is what you are trying to get at.

I'm talking about booting up the game and seeing 50% of the players tubing and the other 50% using UMPs in a lot of the games I play.
I'm exaggerating if you can't tell.

I just think its annoying how many people see all of the options in this game as a race or a treasure hunt to find the best combo or wait until all of the people online agree which gun is best so they know which gun they're supposed to use instead of trying them out for themselves. I have a guy I play with sometimes that uses silenced UMP every match and another guy that has almost 60,000 kills and probably 50,000+ of those (that aren't killstreak kills) are with the SCAR-H. I'd just get so damn bored using one gun that often and I don't get why everyone else that plays this game can't think in the exact same way I do. :lol

zam said:
I'm all for people using whatever weapon they want out of personal preference, but they need to keep in mind that those personal preferences aren't the same for everyone, or that those personal preferences are the same as facts.

If you like using the TMP, more power to you, I can't stand it compared to any other machine pistol. But when you say it outclasses every other machine pistol then it's getting a bit out of hand.

I don't think Sunako meant a whole lot of harm. I doubt people will read his post and have their minds changed to the point that they jump in the game thinking the gun is god mode or anything. You probably don't mean anything on that scale but I think you can imagine his posts with a half dozen "I think"s and "IMO"s in there and it'd have the same meaning.

zam said:
I have noting against the Vector, in fact its the SMG I'm currently running with on my SMG class, having done the 2500 kills challenges on the UMP, MP5k and P90, and I love the look and the sound of the Vector (especially with a red dot and silencer on it). It is really good at spitting out tons of bullets really fast at close range and akimbo vectors up close are a blast. But I wouldn't say that it is better than the UMP at long range.

I like how the Rapid Fire Vector sounds like the guns on the helicopters and harrier.
I'm sick the silenced UMP sound.

Sealda

Banned
Lets see

Tar 21
Fire rate 750 RPM
Firetime 0.08
Damage 40-30
Reload 2.5
Capacity 30

SCAR-H
Fire rate 630 RPM
Firetime 0.095
Damage 40-30
Reload 2.85
Capacity 20

AK47
Fire rate 666 RPM
Firetime 0.09
Damage 40-30
Reload 2.5
Capacity 30

I mean the TAR 21 is obviously the best gun in the game. I feel that without even having to compare the stats but now i did it finally and i saw that it was true. Its basically a M4A1 with the power of a AK47/SCAR-H

Superior gun, indeed. No recoil means its ideal for the ACOG. Its a sniper/semi-automatic/automatic orgasm.

If you do not want the ACOG on it, fine. Do what you want, but once you master the ACOG its better than any other sight. It works perfectly to pin point down head shots far away and up close. The thing is that with the ACOG you cuts off a big part of the screen. "Oh but then i cannot see the enemy if its to close up" Well, unless your enemy is 5 meter from you, you do not have to worry. If the enemy is 5 meter in front of you, shoot from the hip or knife him already...

"Uhh, but the ACOG is crap" No its not. End of story, its a amazing hybrid of the full scope of the snipers and the way too wide red dot scope. With the red dot you have to locate the enemy on a way bigger area. With the ACOG you already cut of a big amount of the screen which means its faster to get the enemy in line. Especially if you use Sleight Of Hand Pro which is the best perk in its class. If you still struggle with the ACOG, then apply sensitivity 10 (on PS3). Anything lower than 7-8 is for noobs.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sealda said:
Lets see

Tar 21
Fire rate 750 RPM
Firetime 0.08
Damage 40-30
Reload 2.5
Capacity 30

SCAR-H
Fire rate 630 RPM
Firetime 0.095
Damage 40-30
Reload 2.85
Capacity 20

AK47
Fire rate 666 RPM
Firetime 0.09
Damage 40-30
Reload 2.5
Capacity 30

I mean the TAR 21 is obviously the best gun in the game. I feel that without even having to compare the stats but now i did it finally and i saw that it was true. Its basically a M4A1 with the power of a AK47/SCAR-H

Superior gun, indeed. No recoil means its ideal for the ACOG. Its a sniper/semi-automatic/automatic orgasm.

If you do not want the ACOG on it, fine. Do what you want, but once you master the ACOG its better than any other sight. It works perfectly to pin point down head shots far away and up close. The thing is that with the ACOG you cuts off a big part of the screen. "Oh but then i cannot see the enemy if its to close up" Well, unless your enemy is 5 meter from you, you do not have to worry. If the enemy is 5 meter in front of you, shoot from the hip or knife him already...

"Uhh, but the ACOG is crap" No its not. End of story, its a amazing hybrid of the full scope of the snipers and the way too wide red dot scope. With the red dot you have to locate the enemy on a way bigger area. With the ACOG you already cut of a big amount of the screen which means its faster to get the enemy in line. Especially if you use Sleight Of Hand Pro which is the best perk in its class. If you still struggle with the ACOG, then apply sensitivity 10 (on PS3). Anything lower than 7-8 is for noobs.

I use the ACOG in S&D but I use it with the ACR.

In TDM I just use the SCAR's iron sites.

kuYuri

Scott32020 said:
Haven't really been following this thread, so sorry if this issue was posted about, but rockpapershotgun has posted an article on people getting VAC banned from the PC version without cheating. Maybe it's from all those hacked servers?

One of my friend's friend who plays MW2 got VAC banned recently without cheating as well.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Scott32020 said:
Haven't really been following this thread, so sorry if this issue was posted about, but rockpapershotgun has posted an article on people getting VAC banned from the PC version without cheating. Maybe it's from all those hacked servers?
i got banned without cheating. I make sure valve will not get another penny from me.

AC!D

Strange. This morning I managed to get this title, but without completing the challenge?

LastResort.jpg

Challenge: "Last Resort" - Get a game winning Killcam while in either Last Stand or Final Stand.

I was playing Search and Destroy mode.

mr_boo

PetriP-TNT said:
But TARs ironsight is way inferior to SCAR-Hs
Reiterating cause it's a good point. Looking at pure damage characteristics and RPM, the TAR is heads and shoulders the dominant AR. But there are other factors to consider like Iron Sights and Recoil Pattern. ACOG ACR has minimal recoil compared to the ACOG TAR and if you're looking at attachments only, in theory the best attachment is probably the Noob Tube or Silencer.

AC!D said:
Strange. This morning I managed to get this title, but without completing the challenge?

I was playing Search and Destroy mode.

The game is known to be wonky with winning killcam challenges. My buddy got the harrier final kill cam and he didn't even have a harrier up at the end nor did he have the winning cam. :lol

mr_boo

Dresden said:
I think the TAR's sight is very... workable? Certainly not the best, but it's not horrible like the FAL's.
Agreed on the FAL's Ironsights. I've got a CB build centered on a Silenced FAL and sadly I'm forced to Bling it. At least there's the minimal benefit of the Holo Sight raising the minimum damage a bit...life sucks without Scavenger though.

Got a question. What Secondary do you guys use for non-SP kits, Launchers excluded? I've been running around with Akimbo Rangers but wanted a sanity check to see if there was anything better.

mr_boo said:
Got a question. What Secondary do you guys use for non-SP kits, Launchers excluded? I've been running around with Akimbo Rangers but wanted a sanity check to see if there was anything better.

You want something with a high rate of fire, so I would suggest the Akimbo G18s. I typically don't like using shotguns without SP, but that's just a personal preference.

USD

I've never really understood RPM as a fapping point. Yes, it can win you some battles, but I've found I've always favored (automatic) weapons with low RPM. But then again I'm a semi-auto user, so I'm used to being at a RPM disadvantage.

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:
You want something with a high rate of fire, so I would suggest the Akimbo G18s. I typically don't like using shotguns without SP, but that's just a personal preference.
Thanks. I've tried Akimbo G18s but I've often found the recoil too much to deal with - but that's just me.

USD said:
I've never really understood RPM as a fapping point. Yes, it can win you some battles, but I've found I've always favored (automatic) weapons with low RPM. But then again I'm a semi-auto user, so I'm used to being at a RPM disadvantage.
Generally, I think the first to connect the shot wins the outcome a good majority of the time due to the view kick. Though (IMO) the major advantage to the full-autos is the pre-firing.

ScrubJay

Got an 8 kill streak last night just SPAS-ing down an alley last night in trailer park. Turned that into a 30 streak with my AC130 afterward. Didn't have a nuke equipped and forgot about the predator I got until halfway through the match. I cursed myself but it is a confidence booster knowing I have the ability to get a nuke. One day...

I have gotten quite good at using the SPAS in the last week. It used to be I'd get a whiffed shot for every kill but I rarely shoot over guys shoulders anymore. Someone here posted a SPAS montage last week and I think that got me really interested in wrecking people with it. It doesn't hurt that the resurgence pack maps have a lot of areas just the right range for using that gun.

cdyhybrid

Just had an 8th prestige guy go 0-34 on purpose because he got pissed off at me and then got put on my team the next game :lol (we almost won too!). The worst thing is that he left as soon as the game ended so I couldn't even give him shit about his final score. He had a modded gamertag (name was in black) that contained profanity and a racial slur. I hope he enjoyed tanking his KDR for no reason at all, since I really don't care if we win or lose when I play TDM with a bunch of randoms :lol

I can't wait until I get paid next week so I can buy SC2 and never have to come back to this piece of shit unless friends are playing.

cdyhybrid said:
Just had an 8th prestige guy go 0-34 on purpose because he got pissed off at me and then got put on my team the next game :lol (we almost won too!). The worst thing is that he left as soon as the game ended so I couldn't even give him shit about his final score. He had a modded gamertag (name was in black) that contained profanity and a racial slur. I hope he enjoyed tanking his KDR for no reason at all, since I really don't care if we win or lose when I play TDM with a bunch of randoms :lol

I can't wait until I get paid next week so I can buy SC2 and never have to come back to this piece of shit unless friends are playing.

If he left before the match was over he probably shut down, hence it wont effect his KDR

Been hearing about a glitch on terminal today, near the spawn point escalators theres some glass you can glitch behind apparently, impossible for people to kill you behind it but they can kill you, sounds rubbish.

Sealda

Banned
Had a terrible time last night. Even started playing FFXIII and GTA:BOFT for the first time seriously. I will not come back to MW2 in a while, have burned myself out totally. (I will probably return in a few hours...its too addicting)

Played Team tactical, went alright.
Played ground war, holy shit. I know this game is broken but ground war feels more like a war simulator than anything else out there. Too many players using the OMA noobtube, RPGs and other explosives. Every spot that in normal team tactical or other modes are used as choking points or just places where you takes out enemies have in ground war been transformed into a fucking inferno of explosions and bullets. There are way too many people who put OMA in system. Many of the top players i see with Prestige 10 (hmf, hopefully not cheated P10s) use it. I am not sure if they are angry at other players, but it just seems like a domino effect. Hell even i have OMA class for retaliation...

In that perspective Ground war turns the game into something else. All of sudden you have to be careful every step you take. I play extremely carefully when i play ground war. Basically camping is your best option. No way i am going gun and run. Every major high risk area is now completely locked out because of the noobtubes, RPGs and way too many people going berserk. I used the L86 with that stupid ACOG sight (the exclusive ACOG sight for just the L86)
L86withscope.jpg

Like my second ground war match turned out to be really good. Like 50 to 5 or something like that. 2 chopper gunners,ahoy. After that things went downhill.. Its just funny how you 1 second can dominate then the other second nothing you do works out. Ground war is really just one big fucking mess. If you play good you can own that hell hole, if you play bad you will get a heart-attack how angry you get from all the explosions and chaos...

Sealda said:
Had a terrible time last night. Even started playing FFXIII and GTA:BOFT for the first time seriously. I will not come back to MW2 in a while, have burned myself out totally. (I will probably return in a few hours...its too addicting)

Played Team tactical, went alright.
Played ground war, holy shit. I know this game is broken but ground war feels more like a war simulator than anything else out there. Too many players using the OMA noobtube, RPGs and other explosives. Every spot that in normal team tactical or other modes are used as choking points or just places where you takes out enemies have in ground war been transformed into a fucking inferno of explosions and bullets. There are way too many people who put OMA in system. Many of the top players i see with Prestige 10 (hmf, hopefully not cheated P10s) use it. I am not sure if they are angry at other players, but it just seems like a domino effect. Hell even i have OMA class for retaliation...

In that perspective Ground war turns the game into something else. All of sudden you have to be careful every step you take. I play extremely carefully when i play ground war. Basically camping is your best option. No way i am going gun and run. Every major high risk area is now completely locked out because of the noobtubes, RPGs and way too many people going berserk. I used the L86 with that stupid ACOG sight (the exclusive ACOG sight for just the L86)
L86withscope.jpg

Like my second ground war match turned out to be really good. Like 50 to 5 or something like that. 2 chopper gunners,ahoy. After that things went downhill.. Its just funny how you 1 second can dominate then the other second nothing you do works out. Ground war is really just one big fucking mess. If you play good you can own that hell hole, if you play bad you will get a heart-attack how angry you get from all the explosions and chaos...

I must have been playing the same games as you. :) I feel exactly the same way-I'm just brunt out by all the bullshit. I'm level 68 right now and about to hit my 5th Prestige and I think I'm just going to leave it there and work on my backlog, which like you contains FFXIII.

Kujo

Question, is there any legit way to have a '3' at the end of your leaderboard score (Eg. 6540003), or should I assume anyone who does is a modder?

whitehawk

Banned
Stillmatic said:
I made a follow up to my booster hunting vid i posted last week. :)

I put more effort into it this time, i like it better anyway. If you like watching this sort of stuff you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zVgL1BWfg
Some of those are amazing. I love all the "WTF, you douchebag!". Like yeah, you're the douchebag :lol

What mode do you find boosters in normally, free-for-all? I gotta try this.

kuYuri

Stillmatic said:
I made a follow up to my booster hunting vid i posted last week. :)

I put more effort into it this time, i like it better anyway. If you like watching this sort of stuff you can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zVgL1BWfg

Great video again. The slow-mo parts are the best. :lol

Also, thanks for showing the Riot Shield melee cancel, never considered to use melee cancel with that.

Stillmatic

Glad you guys like it. :)

whitehawk said:
What mode do you find boosters in normally, free-for-all? I gotta try this.
FFA used to be the place to find them, there's still plenty there, but barebones pro seems to be the new go-to place for boosters. There are shit loads of them in there. Quite often you run into whole booster lobbies in barebones too, which always makes for some fun times. :lol

whitehawk

Banned
Haha I just went on some booster hunting. I find the best way is to join a game mid-way, and spectate for a bit to locate the boosters.

I just stopped a guy when he had 23 kills :lol I also got into a game where everyone was boosting except me and this other guy, so we teamed up to stop them :D

DoomGyver

Put together a party of riot only classes last night and kicked ass. It does suck when you're near the end of the S&D match and they always move to toobs and commando.

I got so much hate mail the past 6 hours. :lol

Xux

Finally got to 70 on my fourth prestige; probably stop on the fifth. Rockin' that AK; despite not seriously noobtubing since second or third prestige, I still have some gold medal aim with it. And I don't even feel guilty getting kills with it using the GP25, Scavenger, and Stopping Power combo of minimum noobtube efficiency.

Anyway, got that AK title which completes my collection of the silver 500 kill titles for ARs, SMGs, and LMGs. Just need the Barrett, WA2000, and M21 titles to complete the primary collection...and everything except the SPAS to have all of the secondary titles.

Top Bottom